PS3 Update 4.30

HeySumbode

You know if they gave us an option to choose where we want our trophies to be listed it may present an opportunity to hackers to try and hack it so i think to be on the safe side they might not ever give us the option. On another issue my ps store is still down! I've been trying to install the patch to ninja gaiden 3 but it takes 700 minutes for 185mb and the error message comes up after 4% done, i'm in the UK anyone else having problems with the ps store since the update?

i'm in the UK anyone else having problems with the ps store since the update?

Everything fine here in Germany. Download speed vary greatly. I use DSL 16000 and sometimes I got full speed but most of the time the whole thing is just crawling. Edited by ShinjiTao

It might be this...

XMB

PlayStation Network>Trophy Collection> :triangle: >Sort by>Upload Date ▼

It's ok I just turned the trophies to offline mode and now they're back to the original order!

What exactly is the difference to online and offline mode anyway??

Offline mode is your trophies as they are saved on your PS3.

Online mode is your trophies as they are saved on Sony's servers.

At least that's what I've gathered the difference is. Hopefully I'm right :P.

That seems correct to me. In offline mode they show up almost instantly because they are pulling onformation from the PS3 and in online mode it takes a while because the information has to be pulled from one of Sony's servers.

Parker

• Like 1

Offline mode is your trophies as they are saved on your PS3.

Online mode is your trophies as they are saved on Sony's servers.

At least that's what I've gathered the difference is. Hopefully I'm right :P.

thanks! Shitty update pretty much then. Edited by ANTIOX_

What could they possibly change, other than maybe consolidating a few categories into one? It serves it's purpose, and works like it should. You don't spend a lot of time on it, and it doesn't need to be fancy - it's already hard to use in game due to the system's RAM limitations [To the point that any custom icons get reverted back to default] - anything more would render it useless.

There's a reason the XMB hasn't really changed since the Japan only PSX [A PS2 with built in Hard drive and DVR capabilities] - it works.

The store is a different story - you spend a good chunk of time in there, and it's purpose is to try and get you to buy stuff. If it's not attractive, or it's difficult to navigate, it can end up costing sales. The store needed a revamp - the XMB doesn't.

The XMB is just a gateway - you use it to start up your game, or access other features - features that often have their own UIs. Honestly, the XMB is the best UI of all three consoles - The Wii's could use some better organization, and the 360's is just loaded with endless ads. The XMB is well organized, doesn't blind you with needless information or ads, and is highly customizable - what more do you really want out of it?

Couldn't say it better myself. Thanks sir.