PS3 Update 4.30

HeySumbode

Okay, you essentially skipped over my point; I know they're two different categories, Mr. Wolf, but for the sake of argument I decided to refer to the bracket of 'Playstation Network' as 'Network.' Fucking sue me. Besides, it simply doesn't matter how you word it - doesn't change the fact moving trophies to any category other than 'Game' is moronic.

Not quite skipped over.

I made that comment because there is literally another Category on the XMB that is called "Network" - the one that features the browser and other things. Shortening "Playstation Network" to just "Network" is a really good way to cause confusion on your part [As proven by what just happened - you had to explain you didn't actually mean the Network tab.]. It does matter how you word it when there's something else involved that is worded the exact same way.

As for the move itself - I find it makes perfect sense. Are trophies not tied to your PSN account? Does it not make sense to have everything that's tied to your account in one place? It's not a NECESSARY move by any stretch - but it's not really that confusing, or stupid, either.

Edited by LegendaryWolf

Deleting trophies will make trophy tracking sites like PSNP pointless. If people start doing that we are not going to know the real ratities of the trophies and which are the hardest and easiest trophies to obtain. Deleting trophies is the worst thing SONY can think of in my opinion.

i disagree because people want the trophy collection to be tidied up not a mess like it is now, mines included.

Well if you don't want 0% or whatever on your account, then make a sub-account to try out a game you may/may not like.

^ Exactly, if you don't want to get all the trophies of a game then just play it on a sub account just for fun without worrying about any trophy.

• Like 1

Has anyone else had Singstar appear in the game section after the update was installed? If it was the update that put it there, why isn't it listed among the features of update 4.30?

Before anyone says anything, it can't be deleted, I tried already.

I don't have it, but apparently, Singstar went "free to play" and is now an app on the PS3, like Netflix or Youtube, where you can download and install the client to play it right from the PS3.

Not quite skipped over.

I made that comment because there is literally another Category on the XMB that is called "Network" - the one that features the browser and other things. Shortening "Playstation Network" to just "Network" is a really good way to cause confusion on your part [As proven by what just happened - you had to explain you didn't actually mean the Network tab.]. It does matter how you word it when there's something else involved that is worded the exact same way.

As for the move itself - I find it makes perfect sense. Are trophies not tied to your PSN account? Does it not make sense to have everything that's tied to your account in one place? It's not a NECESSARY move by any stretch - but it's not really that confusing, or stupid, either.

By Jesus, guess we're talking semantics here. Given the context of the original post, it goes without saying what network I was referring to; if the context of which I used the word 'network' confused you then I sincerely apologise.

Yes, you are correct - trophies are tied to the PSN and are stored by Sony servers; but the fact is that they are intrinsically linked to games. Having my trophy collection under the games tab is something of a simply joy. Moreover, I find it hard to believe that you find the context of the word network difficult to follow, but a woefully unnecessary move, as you yourself stated, makes perfect sense. All I'll say is that Sony could at least give people the option to pick for themselves where their trophies are displayed, instead of forcing us to accept what is chosen for us.

I don't have it, but apparently, Singstar went "free to play" and is now an app on the PS3, like Netflix or Youtube, where you can download and install the client to play it right from the PS3.

And is annoying. Hope we can get an option to delete it in the next patch (probably a day or two away).

And it's only EU/AUS who gets that Singstar app, you lucky NA's :P

By Jesus, guess we're talking semantics here. Given the context of the original post, it goes without saying what network I was referring to; if the context of which I used the word 'network' confused you then I sincerely apologise.

Yes, you are correct - trophies are tied to the PSN and are stored by Sony servers; but the fact is that they are intrinsically linked to games. Having my trophy collection under the games tab is something of a simply joy. Moreover, I find it hard to believe that you find the context of the word network difficult to follow, but a woefully unnecessary move, as you yourself stated, makes perfect sense. All I'll say is that Sony could at least give people the option to pick for themselves where their trophies are displayed, instead of forcing us to accept what is chosen for us.

Oddly enough, I think trophies are considered an online/PSN feature.

Though, on the other hand, you can earn trophies without ever making a PSN account (right?). Just as you can play games without being online. So it really should be under Game.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, I think trophies are considered an online/PSN feature.

Though, on the other hand, you can earn trophies without ever making a PSN account (right?). Just as you can play games without being online. So it really should be under Game.

I guess, but you could also say that the online aspect of trophies is limited to comparing trophies with friends and each game's individual trophy list (online trophies). It really just boils down to how you see your trophy collection: a personal thing, or a public thing to compare and contrast.

Sony should just implement an option to chose where your trophies are displayed - simple way to keep everyone happy. :P

The worst part of the update is a minor inconvenience that being the moving of the trophy list but what I don't understand is why can't it when syncing grab your Vita trophies so than you can view what you have at current offline on your PS3 because as it is now it seems a bit unwieldy and not worth utilising it in anything other than offline mode. I am amused though about the SingStar addon/app/advert as it is only visible to my Australian account once I sign into either my US or Japanese accounts it disappears from sight.

I am 100% opposed to the Force Sync every time I check my trophies "online".

I also don't see the point to moving the icon to a different tree, when it is associated with my Games.

They seem to now be actively trying to drive users away. :(

It sucks it took me over 5 minutes for my friends list to fully load.

not really useful update,except the one with the vita trophy fusion...

for the friend list make them 10 minutes!it happened to me for the first time and i thought that my internet connection was crawling. :lol:

as for the next update hope the cross chat would be available :P

I find it irritating that your trophies must synchronate (if you've earned new trophies) before you can look at your trophylist in the ingame-XMB.

On the other hand playing a game and earning no trophies doesn't put it at the top of your list, so that's a plus.

Edited by ImperatorA3

I find it irritating that your trophies must synchronate (if you've earned new trophies) before you can look at your trophylist in the ingame-XMB.

On the other hand playing a game and earning no trophies doesn't put it at the top of your list, so that's a plus.

Go to the trophy icon, hit triangle and swith to offline mode and your problem is solved.

Parker

• Like 1