just curious - why is the top rank for games 'S'? also..

Go to solution Solved by rockstarjazz,

S Rank is the highest rank you can attain in a game. I could go on and on, but it's different in real life situations. Basically just read this. As it says, an A Rank does not mean complete perfection.

Also, to get your trophy card into your sig like mine, simply click on your name in the top right corner of the home page, then click on Trophy Cards. Copy the Direct URL and paste it into your signature edit option found in your Forum Profiles settings. Pasting any of these links should result in the trophy card pasting.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

when i get 100% in games i get an 'S' rank, i am curious why isn't it an 'A' as normally thats the top grade you get in studies?

It's gaming rank for reaching absolute perfection it's not school rank.

Most games award you with E-A and then S, SS, SSS and so on. That's why 100% is S. 

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

when i get 100% in games i get an 'S' rank, i am curious why isn't it an 'A' as normally thats the top grade you get in studies?

also.. can anyone tell me how i can put my psn in my signature - the one that shows trophies and picture of last game played?

thanks

To put your card in your signature, go here and then paste this in it:

[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/rockstarjazz][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/rockstarjazz.png[/IMG][/URL]

For S ranks, it's just a gaming thing. If you play the most "competitive" game ever (DMC4:SE) then you can get up to SSS rank.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 3

also.. can anyone tell me how i can put my psn in my signature - the one that shows trophies and picture of last game played?

Also, to get your trophy card into your sig like mine, simply click on your name in the top right corner of the home page, then click on Trophy Cards. Copy the Direct URL and paste it into your signature edit option found in your Forum Profiles settings. Pasting any of these links should result in the trophy card pasting.

If you want to embed a link to your profile in the card, I just use the URL for the image, save it to display the trophy card. Afterwards go into edit mode again, select the image, click on the Link button (9th button from the left on the second row), paste the link to your profile and save the changes. 

If you want to embed a link to your profile in the card, I just use the URL for the image, save it to display the trophy card. Afterwards go into edit mode again, select the image, click on the Link button (9th button from the left on the second row), paste the link to your profile and save the changes. 

It seems there are more than one way to complete this action. I literally just copied the link into my sig and it pasted. Not sure really, but the OP should know what to do now anyway. Hope we all helped.

To put your card in your signature, go here and then paste this in it:

[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/rockstarjazz][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/rockstarjazz.png[/IMG][/URL]

For S ranks, it's just a gaming thing. If you play the most "competitive" game ever (DMC4:SE) then you can get up to SSS rank.

ive done that but now back in the forums i cant see the sig at the bottom of my post what else could be wrong?

also can i use this link to put in my sig on the playstation trophies forum?

thanks

Edited by rockstarjazz

ive done that but now back in the forums i cant see the sig at the bottom of my post what else could be wrong?

also can i use this link to put in my sig on the playstation trophies forum?

thanks

If you still can't see the signature then go here and make sure that the box next to "Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages" is not checked. I can see your signature right now, so it is there.

The forum for playstation trophies uses the same link.

Japanese schools use almost the same grading system as American schools. But instead of A+ they use S.

S stands for shu, wich means excellent in Japanese.

Oh wow, that explains a lot. But did Sly really think of that when creating the grade system :P?

Oh wow, that explains a lot. But did Sly really think of that when creating the grade system :P?

Don't know about that but S rank has been used in games since the olden days. At some point it became a staple in the industry.

So, I guess that's the reason why he uses it.

Interesting, I never knew that.

I haven't known this for long myself. I always thought it stood for Splendid.

• Like 1

Japanese schools use almost the same grading system as American schools. But instead of A+ they use S.

And now we know it's the correct way :awesome:

In a way, it makes sense since S ranks are mostly in Japanese games =D

I presume this stands for higher education? Afaik, they are using percentage to grade.

It's a gaming thing, particularly in Japan, that picked up big time in the west. Some real world establishments in Japan such as the military and some schools even use them to denote important or especially attention-grabbing rankings.

Edited by Rin Kagamine

It seems there are more than one way to complete this action. I literally just copied the link into my sig and it pasted. Not sure really, but the OP should know what to do now anyway. Hope we all helped.

You know you didn't do it the best way when you click your trophy card and it only opens up the image instead of taking to your profile.

• Like 1

There's a Western explanation for the S as well, derived from the Latin (or rather international) words "super" and "superior", meaning: "above [the rest]".