Would it be a viable possibility to remove the "Stars" system on the forum member's profile ?

Go to solution Solved by MesopithecusUK,

I've been wondering the purpose behind the system of "Stars" in the member's forum profile.

To me it's like a contest where each member is rated, the member who has 5 stars is awesome and the more it gets close to just 1 star, it can give a very bad opinion of the member. And it seems that just because you post comments that doesn't please everyone, your profile is badly rated.

I mean what's the point in all this. That system of "stars" is just  a hidden to say "you're awesome" or "you suck, go home" and it can be honestly depressing to see.

Is there not a possibility to remove that unfair system ?

Star ratings are mostly ignored because people go into really any and every profile and rate them 1 star for whatever reason. I usually rate a profile 5 automatically when I visit one. It's the internet though, everyone always gets negative things to come at them on the internet, don't let that kind of stuff get to you though.

I'm pretty sure Sly has mentioned before that the star system can't be removed as it's a part of the site template or something. Just ignore them. It's not a big deal.

Yeah I remember him saying this too - with the new site update the forums will be updated too, maybe stars can be switched off then :P

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

If you install uBlock Origin you can hide them. Right click the page and select block element and then block the element titled

##.clear.left.rating

You won't see them on any profiles on the forum any more.

Note: Don't use this to hide ads from the site. If you'd like no ads, consider becoming a premium member.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 3

The stars system has no purpose to it unless you want it to have one.

Just ignore it.

"no purpose to it unless you want it to have one"

Well to me there's one :( . The feeling that the more stars you get, the more you're appreciated, the few stars you have,  the feeling that you're unwanted/unloved, you name it..

but as it seems i can't be removed..i'm now wondering why it has been there in the first place.. It's clear that it's completely unfair

"no purpose to it unless you want it to have one"

Well to me there's one :( . The feeling that the more stars you get, the more you're appreciated, the few stars you have,  the feeling that you're unwanted/unloved, you name it..

but as it seems i can't be removed..i'm now wondering why it has been there in the first place.. It's clear that it's completely unfair

I didn't know I was hated so much until you just pointed these out. I only have three stars!! 

I didn't know I was hated so much until you just pointed these out. I only have three stars!! 

And I had no idea I was so loved and appreciated. Five stars!!! I must be the most popular person on this site or something. :P

*Waits for the incoming one star ratings* :ninja:

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

Stop thinking about it as a popularity contest. It's bad enough you've posted these dramatic status updates about it and now a thread about it. Seems more like attention seeking than it being a problem with PSNP.

• Like 3

As far as I know, Sly doesn't want it on the site, but it's within the template so there's nothing he can do about it really unless he switches the template which I honestly hope he doesn't as I like these forums a lot the way they are laid out.  Just ignore the star system.. it really doesn't mean a thing.

And yes, like people have been saying, you have been overally dramatic with your status updates lately, maybe try and not let things get to you so much? It does get annoying seeing someone complaining/trying to start up drama on a site, so I can see why you have went down in stars because of it.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

Stop giving power to things that should have no impact on your real life.  Stars are such a trivial, silly thing to be getting upset about....there are plenty of people on the forums here with 3 stars or less and you know what?  They seem perfectly fine with it and are pretty awesome people in my eyes (Yuri, Milan and DaivRules just to name a couple - they post some quality stuff on the forums)

The Internet will attract trolls who will mark your profile down just for having a differing opinion (or as Milan pointed out, to troll you over something you're oversensitive about)  Just ignore it, otherwise you're self perpetuating that cycle of unhappiness over it.

so the problem is fixed then : the problem is  not the star system, it's the "baby" that's crying over it, i understand. Topic closed i guess