Just a heads up!

CrimsonFalzar

My girlfriend and I started playing this today and oh boy, we been running into many and I mean many bugs. 

When my girlfriend started her character the dragon wouldn't break the wall and she was stuck

I had a npc completely disappear and I had to reload from an old save. (not die he was on my screen then poof gone)

A horse head in the character creation screen.

Anyways there has been a lot more bugs then this but only posted a few. Did bethesda say if they where gonna be patching the game or just leaving it?

As a counterpoint - i've put about 15 - 20 hours into this so far and I haven't encountered a single bug. I guess i'm just lucky. I'll post after another 10 hours with an update. Out of Fallout 3, Fallout 4 and the PS3 version - this is actually the smoothest Bethesda game i've ever played so far.

Edit: I'm running it with no mods at all - if that helps

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

Only weird physics issues when I first fired it up, which I guess could be as kind of intentional but stupidly exaggerated. I'm talking about when you are running away from the opening dragon, and it send me literally flying around like a ragdoll on two separate occasions while I was running away. At first I thought I died (the Imperial I was with did the same thing), but I got up a couple seconds later just before doing it again. However, since then, I have not experienced anything else major besides some distracting effects related to the god-rays (it was making snow covered trees kind of flicker when I turned rapidly).

I remember trying to give the Legendary edition on PS3 another chance before even knowing about the Special Edition about a year or so ago, and the game literally crashed 5 minutes upon starting the game... like, I didn't even get a chance to complete the initial ride into town to start up the character creation process. Utterly ridiculous. This game's been running like a dream so far, so no serious complaints after 15 or so hours. Sorry to hear you are having so many issues.

lol usual Beth. Yeah, they'll probably patch it up at some point (I hope).

The "oh, you!" attitude people have solely for Bethesda is probably why they ship games in such awful states all the time. They know they can get away with it for some reason whilst games from other devs would get shat on...

I think it's pretty pathetic that problems with a game from 5 years ago still exist in this release.

The "oh, you!" attitude people have solely for Bethesda is probably why they ship games in such awful states all the time. They know they can get away with it for some reason whilst games from other devs would get shat on...

I think it's pretty pathetic that problems with a game from 5 years ago still exist in this release.

It's the trade-off for having a game as vast and complex with current technology sadly. Also, it has problems because it is specifically 5 years old - this is pretty much only visually optimized and patched to it's latest. It's basically the exact same game but with a few visual upgrades. To say that a multi-million dollar company ships games with bugs is because people say 'oh you' is pretty ridiculous.

Where are the facts to back up what you are saying here? where is the data? You say:

• 'Bethesda ships games with bugs because people are okay with it.'
    • I've never seen anything uttered from a dev in an interview around this. However, I see a tonne of stuff online from many developers talking about the complexity of games like this and the logistics that go into making them.
  • 'Bethesda gets away with it while other developers don't'
    • I completely disagree, Bethesda gets a tonne of criticism over it's bugs, possibly more than most other similar games out there. I don't see any developer discrimination here - if a game ships with a bug, the internet is quick to throw it's toys out of the pram regardless of which developer it is.
  • Like 1

Basically, a game this massive and complex and free will have a lot of bugs.

Nothing wrong with saying "well, i accept that as the price you pay for such freedom," but there is equally nothing wrong with saying "no, I want more polish, i'll stick to smaller games."

Both attitudes are valid - all games could be better, and that would be great. If a game as massive as Skyrim could be as tightly held together as Uncharted, hat would be the greatest game of all time, probably, but it would take a thousand years and the GDP of a continent to make - right now anyways.

Personally, i'm willing to accept the bugs in Skyrim and Fallout, as I love the massive crazy sandboxes Bethesda makes, but that doesn't mean if someone made the same game with less bugs I wouldn't chose that one - of course I would.

For the moment though, im willing to accept them, particularly since the majority are more funny than game-breaking - I feel for those who encounter game busting ones, that is a tough pill to swallow for any amount of freedom.

'Bethesda gets away with it while other developers don't'

• I completely disagree, Bethesda gets a tonne of criticism over it's bugs, possibly more than most other similar games out there. I don't see any developer discrimination here - if a game ships with a bug, the internet is quick to throw it's toys out of the pram regardless of which developer it is.
This. My "Usual Beth" was in a derogatory way, I wasn't try to condone their unsatisfying work (bug-side). Also, I can't really judge the PS4 version since I haven't got it, so I was just replying to OP's comment on it. Edited by becauseimmanual

I remember trying to give the Legendary edition on PS3 another chance before even knowing about the Special Edition about a year or so ago, and the game literally crashed 5 minutes upon starting the game... like, I didn't even get a chance to complete the initial ride into town to start up the character creation process. 

This happened to me, too. It turned out that, for whatever reason, the PS3 took the patch, but then failed to actually take the data that the game loads onto the machine. In essence, it was just running off of the patch alone, so it obviously crashes quickly. I found that if I refused patches, loaded the game, and then accepted patches, it worked "fine".

Incidentally, the same thing happened when I started Ar Nosurge.