The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

17 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Here we are at the halfway mark of October. I had an ok start to the month with the Nitroplus Blasterz platinum. I picked it up from EB for $8 thinking what a nice cheap and easy platinum, right? Now I consider myself to be reasonably skilled at some fighting games but this one really tested my patience at times in ways that Tekken never has. Some of the controls you have to input for the combo trophies are just nasty. The majority of the game is relatively easy apart from that. Do not be fooled by the guides platinum time, as it may quite possibly take you longer.

I must recommend Stories: The Path Of Destinies to you all. A previous PS Plus title, this game requires around 30 odd playthroughs, however there are 25 different endings which help to keep it interesting. It was a good feeling when I finally worked out how to get the "best ending." Oh and I eventually managed to know off Saints Row 4 after 3 playthroughs...

A few days ago, I finally decided to have another crack at Assassin's Creed: Rogue, which I haven't touched since July last year. So far, I'm enjoying it this time. I'm a little more motivated to get it done with AC Origins less than 2 weeks away. The sailing put me off last time. I haven't finished AC III and I've not yet started Black Flag so I don't have anything to compare it to. I've kinda got the hang of it now and it's actually decent!

Finally, as we approach the end of October, we see a few top end games preparing for launch day. I've got South Park: TFBW, Gran Turismo Sport & AC Origins pre-ordered. What has everyone else got pre-ordered or on the buy list for the month?

Oh yeah, I finally hit the 10,000 trophy mark. Picked a decently named trophy for it too.

I hope you all have a productive month of trophy hunting 1f642.png

Congrats on 10,000 trophies, Matt.

I found that Stories: the Path of Destinies started to drag on when I was unlocking all the endings because there's only a handful of different levels and the combat grew stale rather quickly. It's still a decent game that I'd also recommend playing though.

I've put a bunch of October's releases on my wishlist, but I probably won't be buying all that many at launch. I'm looking at finally picking up a Switch soon too for Super Mario Odyssey, but I'm hoping there'll be some good deals heading into Christmas. It was $380 standalone a few weeks ago so I'm hoping it hits that price again, or gets bundled with a lot of good stuff, otherwise I'm going to be kicking myself. :lol:

October games I've put on my wishlist (some are already out) are Assassin's Creed: Origins, Chaos;Child, Danganronpa V3, The Evil Within 2, Layton's Mystery Journey, Nights of Azure 2, South Park: the Fractured but Whole, Super Mario Odyssey and Wolfenstein II.

• Like 4

On 10/6/2017 at 1:36 AM, Feral said:

Holy shit, just get everything :P Lol yeah, pile more onto the backlog.

Lol there are too many games and just not enough time! :P Although after thinking about it, I will be passing on Gran Turismo Sport. As much as I love the series and the gameplay looks really good, I just can't support the online focused direction that Polyphony has taken.

On 10/12/2017 at 4:43 PM, Hank Hill said:

Got the game, thx for the giveaway, finally won something :awesome: 

Well Matt thought that you needed a win, you know with living in Tasmania and all... xD

On 10/15/2017 at 11:55 PM, MattyH16 said:

Oh yeah, I finally hit the 10,000 trophy mark. Picked a decently named trophy for it too.

Congratulations on reaching the 10,000 trophy milestone mate! :platinum::gold::silver::bronze::highfive:

• Like 2

So Just a quick shout out to anyone bored tonight. Please feel free to drop in to a party and say hi, Matt, Adam and myself will be boosting Stardust Vanguards (still spaces if anyone wants to join in). Can pretty much guarantee it will be a pretty hilarious time as judging from past both these guys always bring some great banter. I am on hour 8(ish) so far of my gaming marathon so anything could happen by then. Will be in party from 830pm (AEST) until well someone falls over. I'm going through to around 4am but can't guarantee my quality of conversation by then. But still be good for some laughs,

• Like 1

Count me in aswell I have basically no chance of winning because I played games with difficult trophies most of the time :(
I dont have 50 points :(
As for backlog.
DANGANRONPA ANOTHER EPISODE: ULTRA DESPAIR GIRLS.
2  SORCERY SAGA: CURSE OF THE GREAT CURRY GOD
3  VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD
4 DON'T STARVE: GIANT EDITION
5  STEINS;GATE
6 STEINS;GATE 0
ADVENTURES OF MANA
8 MURAMASA REBIRTH
9  NI NO KUNI: WRATH OF THE WHITE WITCH
10  LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES

Edited by Rexmon18
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rexmon18 said:

Count me in aswell I have basically no chance of winning because I played games with difficult trophies most of the time :(
As for backlog.
DANGANRONPA ANOTHER EPISODE: ULTRA DESPAIR GIRLS.
2  SORCERY SAGA: CURSE OF THE GREAT CURRY GOD
3  VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD
4 DON'T STARVE: GIANT EDITION
5  STEINS;GATE
6 STEINS;GATE 0
ADVENTURES OF MANA
8 MURAMASA REBIRTH
9  NI NO KUNI: WRATH OF THE WHITE WITCH
10  LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES

Hey mate. I like your enthusiasm and willingness to participate but unfortunately we're 7 months into the comp and only a month or so away from finishing, maybe if you rack up some more posts over the next few months and put your hand up next year I'm sure Wayne would let you participate.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, spazza136 said:

Hey mate. I like your enthusiasm and willingness to participate but unfortunately we're 7 months into the comp and only a month or so away from finishing, maybe if you rack up some more posts over the next few months and put your hand up next year I'm sure Wayne would let you participate.

Ok  thanks what time will it be next year?
I did not look at the date derp lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rexmon18 said:

Thanks for showing interest in the competition Rexmon18 :). As some of the other guys have said, we're almost finished the competition for this year but we''ll be back again for another season. I'll add you to the waiting list for next season and get in contact with you when we're setting it up.

It's good to see another person who has an interest in Digimon, admittedly I haven't played one of the games for many years but the new ones are on my list of games to play though. Back on the PS1 I sunk hundreds of hours into Digimon World and played through Digimon World 2003 as well. Digimon World 4 on PS2 was a disappointment though.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TheWayne-o said:

Thanks for showing interest in the competition Rexmon18 :). As some of the other guys have said, we're almost finished the competition for this year but we''ll be back again for another season. I'll add you to the waiting list for next season and get in contact with you when we're setting it up.

It's good to see another person who has an interest in Digimon, admittedly I haven't played one of the games for many years but the new ones are on my list of games to play though. Back on the PS1 I sunk hundreds of hours into Digimon World and played through Digimon World 2003 as well. Digimon World 4 on PS2 was a disappointment though.

Oh i love Digimon have seen all of the anime  subtitled and read all of  the manga.
If you like JRPGS  you need to play Digimon story cyber sleuth because surprisingly it is a Digimon game that is  incredibly well made :)
I will definitely participate next year I should check form post dates lol
Also  RE:digitised is amazing if you're ok with messing with fan translations and next order it sequel has been released in English on PS4.
If you  feel nostalgia for world 1 you'll probably enjoy RE:digitised  a lot.

Edited by Rexmon18
  • Like 1

EB are offering another deal through Sony for 4K TVs. Prices ranging from $1000 - $4000 all seems significantly reduced. Might be time to upgrade if you like the Sony TVs.

I use a Sony 4K TV for my gaming and have been most happy with it. Only downside is it doesn't support IOS devices so would not recommend unless your an Android user. 

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2017 at 0:10 PM, Rexmon18 said:

Oh i love Digimon have seen all of the anime  subtitled and read all of  the manga.
If you like JRPGS  you need to play Digimon story cyber sleuth because surprisingly it is a Digimon game that is  incredibly well made :)
I will definitely participate next year I should check form post dates lol
Also  RE:digitised is amazing if you're ok with messing with fan translations and next order it sequel has been released in English on PS4.
If you  feel nostalgia for world 1 you'll probably enjoy RE:digitised  a lot.

I never actually finished the anime, I watched it when I was younger but only got part of the way through season 2. Does it still hold up today? Yeah I definitely plan on playing Cyber Sleuth at some point, one day I'll actually start knocking games off the backlog... Thanks for the suggestion, I have a look into Re:Digitised.

On 10/24/2017 at 5:48 PM, CjShai said:

EB are offering another deal through Sony for 4K TVs. Prices ranging from $1000 - $4000 all seems significantly reduced. Might be time to upgrade if you like the Sony TVs.

I use a Sony 4K TV for my gaming and have been most happy with it. Only downside is it doesn't support IOS devices so would not recommend unless your an Android user. 

Thanks for the heads up mate, where can I find the information? We bought a new 55" 4K UHD Sony for the lounge room but I need another one for the entertainment room :P

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Thanks for the heads up mate, where can I find the information? We bought a new 55" 4K UHD Sony for the lounge room but I need another one for the entertainment room :P

I think it might have been for "selected " (whatever that means) EB members. Prices as follows

43inch 4KHDR was $1599 now $999

49inch 4KHDR $2499 now $1499

55inch 4KHDR was $3999 now $1799 

75inch 4KHDR was $6999 now  $3999

Its all online order but you need a code. Perhaps someone  in this league might be willing to send you their code if they don't plan on using it.

In unrelated news WB and TT games have announced the end of Lego Dimensions. Such a shame .........

Image result for sad lego

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

I never actually finished the anime, I watched it when I was younger but only got part of the way through season 2. Does it still hold up today? Yeah I definitely plan on playing Cyber Sleuth at some point, one day I'll actually start knocking games off the backlog... Thanks for the suggestion, I have a look into Re:Digitised.

If you like Digimon  its ok but generally it's a mixed bag I would recommend season 3  the most TBH

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

At long last!

Backlog 4 - Assassin's Creed: Rogue (PS3)

Congrats man. Now you can enjoy the new one ?.

As an aside I want to again thank Matty and Adam for perhaps the funniest gaming session I have ever had playing Magicka 2 last night. I often laugh but it's rare I laugh so hard I can't even hold the controller and that slow moving cutscene entrance will go down forever as the funniest thing I will ever see, I am sure. We still have one place left if anyone wants to join us and I imagine we will continue to co-op games into the future. Feel free to join us at anytime but if you do be prepared for some witty conversation and hilarious moments. Also a quick shoutout to the people that touch base every now and then on PSN messenger, always interested in what your playing (well if it's Japanese, comes in at under 5 hrs or has an octopus). After all games come and go but the people you meet is where the fun is at.

Goodluck with the hunt ( unless your in the top 10 - then stop playing and go on holiday ? ) looking forward to seeing the final results of the league. 

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, CjShai said:

Congrats man. Now you can enjoy the new one 1f600.png.

As an aside I want to again thank Matty and Adam for perhaps the funniest gaming session I have ever had playing Magicka 2 last night. I often laugh but it's rare I laugh so hard I can't even hold the controller and that slow moving cutscene entrance will go down forever as the funniest thing I will ever see, I am sure. We still have one place left if anyone wants to join us and I imagine we will continue to co-op games into the future. Feel free to join us at anytime but if you do be prepared for some witty conversation and hilarious moments. Also a quick shoutout to the people that touch base every now and then on PSN messenger, always interested in what your playing (well if it's Japanese, comes in at under 5 hrs or has an octopus). After all games come and go but the people you meet is where the fun is at.

Goodluck with the hunt ( unless your in the top 10 - then stop playing and go on holiday 1f61c.png ) looking forward to seeing the final results of the league. 

LOL. I was nearly in tears from the laughter when my character wouldn't move and finally caught up to you guys as the cut scene was almost over. In fact I'm laughing about it now. 

In the morning my wife asked me what I was laughing about all night. So we certainly had a good time. Looking forward to more co-op into the future. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CjShai said:

Congrats man. Now you can enjoy the new one 1f600.png.

Goodluck with the hunt ( unless your in the top 10 - then stop playing and go on holiday 1f61c.png ) looking forward to seeing the final results of the league. 

Didn't know you guys were playing Magika, thought you had decided on a different game. I'll look out for the next session you guys do and try and jump in.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, spazza136 said:

Didn't know you guys were playing Magika, thought you had decided on a different game. I'll look out for the next session you guys do and try and jump in.

We were going to do stardust vanguard... Turns out that is a couch co-op game lol. Magicka 2 is good. Very hard but good. We will double Cj's ultra rare plat count if we can get it done haha. 

• Like 3

On 10/22/2017 at 0:02 PM, TheWayne-o said:

Digimon will be on my backlog list for next year, I wanted to add one this year but the release date was still too new from memory.

For all the talk with the 4K TV's if you have a PS4 Pro then I recommend running a 4K TV its so much better.

• Like 2