The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

1 hour ago, MattyH16 said:

They used to have a sale around the same time called Monday Madness. Now it looks like they are just doing a Black Friday sale like the rest of the world coz fuck originality right?

Ah yes I remember that. Yeah why be original when you can be a sheep.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Literally the best reason I've ever seen used to entice people to visit Darwin!

They used to have a sale around the same time called Monday Madness. Now it looks like they are just doing a Black Friday sale like the rest of the world coz fuck originality right?

I can't believe you remembered all that but you forgot about your shield again mate ???

Man you just made my afternoon ?

LOL yes he had them all except for "shields guys." ?? good times. ?

Edited by adam1984123
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

Hi everyone, I just hit another milestone and I wanted to share it.

Late last night, I finally finished Magicka 2, making it my 225th platinum. I would like to thank @adam1984123, @CjShai and @spazza136 for their help and dedication in seeing this game through all of the main game co-op, the time trials and the challenges. This is not an easy platinum (hence the ultra rarity) but with these guys, we made it happen. Thanks guys and I hope you didn't get too annoyed with me calling for a wipe every 30 seconds 1f601.png

Nice work mate, congrats :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Late last night, I finally finished Magicka 2, making it my 225th platinum. I would like to thank @adam1984123, @CjShai and @spazza136 for their help and dedication in seeing this game through all of the main game co-op, the time trials and the challenges. This is not an easy platinum (hence the ultra rarity) but with these guys, we made it happen. Thanks guys and I hope you didn't get too annoyed with me calling for a wipe every 30 seconds 1f601.png

Congrats, Looks like you might have Fame and Shame all wrapped up for this month

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Late last night, I finally finished Magicka 2, making it my 225th platinum. I would like to thank @adam1984123, @CjShai and @spazza136 for their help and dedication in seeing this game through all of the main game co-op, the time trials and the challenges. This is not an easy platinum (hence the ultra rarity) but with these guys, we made it happen. Thanks guys and I hope you didn't get too annoyed with me calling for a wipe every 30 seconds ?

Congratulations on your 225th platinum mate!

On a completely unrelated topic, did everyone see that GT Sport is getting a single player 'campaign'? I'm now considering buying the game lol. For anybody that has played it, what do you think of it so far?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWayne-o said:

On a completely unrelated topic, did everyone see that GT Sport is getting a single player 'campaign'? I'm now considering buying the game lol. For anybody that has played it, what do you think of it so far?

It's by far the best race sim I've ever played. Absolutely love it. From a trophy perspective, the 3 online trophies are a grind but if you are avoiding the game because it's "online only" you are doing yourself a disservice. The online daily races are actually quite fun to compete in. 

For maximum enjoyment, you really need a wheel though. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Congrats, Looks like you might have Fame and Shame all wrapped up for this month

Thanks mate, I may qualify for both but I may be sharing them both with @adam1984123 and @damage_6-9, we'll find out next week ☺️

10 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

I bought the standard edition of Gran Turismo Sport today for $29, I couldn't pass that up. I got EB to price match JB. Plus they are releasing the single player tournaments I have been hoping for. I think the Black Friday sale ends on Monday tomorrow but it may be worth getting it delivered if it ends tonight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

Thanks mate, I may qualify for both but I may be sharing them both with @adam1984123 and @damage_6-9, we'll find out next week 263a.png

I bought the standard edition of Gran Turismo Sport today for $29, I couldn't pass that up. I got EB to price match JB. Plus they are releasing the single player tournaments I have been hoping for. I think the Black Friday sale ends on Monday tomorrow but it may be worth getting it delivered if it ends tonight.

you are going to regret buying that if you want that plat.

11 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

It's by far the best race sim I've ever played. Absolutely love it. From a trophy perspective, the 3 online trophies are a grind but if you are avoiding the game because it's "online only" you are doing yourself a disservice. The online daily races are actually quite fun to compete in. 

For maximum enjoyment, you really need a wheel though. 

Thanks for the feedback mate. Yeah the online only thing really puts me off and is the sole reason that I haven't purchased the game, the online trophies don't worry me in the slightest. The comment they made regarding saved progress still being linked to online connectivity is concerning as well. I don't know if it's just me being stubborn and coming from an old school of thought but I believe that if I purchase something then I should "own" it, not have someone tell me in a few years time that the thing I purchased just flat out won't work anymore. I'm one of those guys...

2 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Yeah I saw that JB had it for $29, I was almost going to purchase the game and controller deal that EB had but decided against it in the end. I will wait and see how much GT League content there is in a few months time before I make a decision.

Also, platinum #38 = Crash Bandicoot 2! That brings me level with @Feral

Edited by TheWayne-o
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Game has dropped to a 1/3 of it's value a month after launch ....... pretty much says it all.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Feral said:

Only for a few hours, just platted The Testament of Sherlock Holmes :D

Well that was good while it lasted, back to the drawing board I guess! -_-

11 hours ago, CjShai said:

Game has dropped to a 1/3 of it's value a month after launch ....... pretty much says it all.

Surely not a reflection on the game's quality though? Admittedly it's probably a little bit bare bones at the moment in terms of content but they're gradually going to add more, makes you wonder why they couldn't have just included it from the outset... I would love to see you go for the platinum in this one mate!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheWayne-o said:

Well that was good while it lasted, back to the drawing board I guess! -_-

Surely not a reflection on the game's quality though? Admittedly it's probably a little bit bare bones at the moment in terms of content but they're gradually going to add more, makes you wonder why they couldn't have just included it from the outset... I would love to see you go for the platinum in this one mate!

Lol. @CjShaiwill never platinum a game like this. It's about 250+ hours. That's 250 plats he could be getting ? I'll get it eventually, going to chip away at it. 

I see what you are saying about the online only thing but I think that's the way of the future. It's like TV's and phones moving to digital. I still think the servers will be up for 5 years, maybe longer, and I doubt you will still be playing it in 5 years. If you do, good value for money for sure. But there will be other games that will come along in that time. 

It also has VR support from all reports is unreal. 

1 hour ago, TheWayne-o said:

You right it is a bargain .......... 1/2 a game for a 1/3 the price

57 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Lol. @CjShaiwill never platinum a game like this. It's about 250+ hours. That's 250 plats he could be getting 1f61b.png I'll get it eventually, going to chip away at it. 

Now don't get me wrong I will totally play the 10 hours of content, but I don't hate myself enough to spend 240hours driving around a circle and waiting 20 minutes each time for the privilege.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

I see what you are saying about the online only thing but I think that's the way of the future. It's like TV's and phones moving to digital. I still think the servers will be up for 5 years, maybe longer, and I doubt you will still be playing it in 5 years. If you do, good value for money for sure. But there will be other games that will come along in that time.

Yeah it probably is the way of the future, although once it gets to that point I think that I'll call it a day on gaming. I guess it all comes down to whether you define video games as a product or a service, with a product there is an expectation that it will function as intended (assuming it's kept in a good condition and doesn't get damaged) a few years down the line. Sure things become obsolete and get replaced but I can still turn on my PS1 and play a game if I wanted to. If the game is a service then there isn't really that expectation, consumers know that at some point in the future that the provider has the option to cease offering the service.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Yeah it probably is the way of the future, although once it gets to that point I think that I'll call it a day on gaming. I guess it all comes down to whether you define video games as a product or a service, with a product there is an expectation that it will function as intended (assuming it's kept in a good condition and doesn't get damaged) a few years down the line. Sure things become obsolete and get replaced but I can still turn on my PS1 and play a game if I wanted to. If the game is a service then there isn't really that expectation, consumers know that at some point in the future that the provider has the option to cease offering the service.

I wonder how long yearly gaming releases for franchises are really going to last though. Ubisoft seem to be moving towards a platform and expansion model (Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon, Steep). If they keep supporting a game and growing content then an online service approach provides a better experience for the gamer over the long term than a product that loses support 2 months after release.

Looks like I'll be just a few trophies short of completing my backlog once again. At least this time it's not because I underestimated the requirements and slacked off. ? My original 60GB PS3 died after almost 11 years of service and I won't be able to do 5 playthroughs + grind for 5 million gold in 2.5 days. At least I've managed to get another PS3 that actually works (first one I got from EB had a bunch of issues, the main one being that it struggled to load games and would freeze after 5-10 minutes if it managed to load them), fingers crossed it's a good one that lasts at least 5 years.

15 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

I definitely agree with you in regards to 'games as a service'. I think it's fine for online-only multi-player games like Overwatch, since those titles are inherently limited by their internet requirement anyway, but I really don't like games that force an internet connection for single-player content regardless of the reason. It artificially limits the life-span of the game and adds an additional, unnecessary hurdle to playing the game for the end user.

I also agree with you about giving up on modern gaming once everything requires an internet connection to even play single-player. I've thought about it once physical media is eventually phased out too, but at that point I think I'd switch to PC for modern games and only support DRM-free releases. I still have a large collection of games for a variety of old consoles and thousands more than I want to get and play. I'm not sure I'd be missing all that much.

Edited by Crestfallen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

Backlog update:

#6. Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment (Ultra Rare 1.60%)
#7. 3D Dot Game Heroes (Ultra Rare 3.38%)
#8. Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (Uncommon 23.15%)

That's my backlog session done. Unable to get anymore done from my backlog list in under two days when both games have over 100 hours gameplay.

Ouch. in one way 11 years is a great return but it's bad timing for it to pack up.
My first PS3 is still going strong but sold to a family member my second only lasted me 4 years and the third has not had any issues yet.

Wow. You've done great on your backlog and I think you've taken the crown too. :o 

I might need to whack out some quick and easy trophies to try to hold the lead.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Crestfallen said:

Wow. You've done great on your backlog and I think you've taken the crown too. :o 

I might need to whack out some quick and easy trophies to try to hold the lead.

I knew I should of held off on this post until later tomorrow to try and hide the backlog status :D

• Like 4