The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

1 hour ago, adam1984123 said:

So what's everyone playing at the moment? 

I've just finished the lost legacy and if you like uncharted, you are in for a treat! I know some of you have already finished it or are playing it, but if you are sitting on the fence, jump on it! The trophies are quite straight forward too. 

I've also gone back to dishonoured (another favourite) to tidy up the dlc I never originally did as it was on sale recently. The trials of dunwall dlc is quite hard... Not sure I'll be able to complete that unfortunately. ?. But since the dishonoured 2 expansion is out shortly (with a plat!) I wanted to get back into the groove playing the first dlc. 

I also borrowed horizon zero dawn from a mate which I just fired up last night. I never intended on playing it, but since it's costing me nothing, why not! 

Speaking of free, did anyone nab Knack 2 while it was free on the psn store by mistake? I was lucky enough to get it. So much for backlog games this month... 

And with projects cars 2 and gt sport around the corner, I am no chance over the next few months. Either way, good chance for you division 2 peeps to close the gap to yours truly. ?

Happy hunting everyone. 

Congrats on the Uncharted plat, commiserations on Horizon. Look forward to crossing paths again, maybe in Project Cars or Gt sport. If you do come across another co-op title towards end of year  and want to have a go / laugh let me know. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Congrats on the Uncharted plat, commiserations on Horizon. Look forward to crossing paths again, maybe in Project Cars or Gt sport. If you do come across another co-op title towards end of year  and want to have a go / laugh let me know. 

LOL I knew you wouldn't be impressed with horizon from our previous chats. 

Can't wait for another good coop we can play together. The wildlands dlc was a hoot! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

I think you enjoy hating on the popular haha :P. Both Uncharted 4 and Horizon 

Lol, I hate without discrimination surely you must know that by now. Although with a platinum rarity of 99.9% I think it is a bit rich to claim I hate in the popular ?

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

I've just finished the lost legacy and if you like uncharted, you are in for a treat! I know some of you have already finished it or are playing it, but if you are sitting on the fence, jump on it! The trophies are quite straight forward too. 

I've also gone back to dishonoured (another favourite) to tidy up the dlc I never originally did as it was on sale recently. The trials of dunwall dlc is quite hard... Not sure I'll be able to complete that unfortunately. ?. But since the dishonoured 2 expansion is out shortly (with a plat!) I wanted to get back into the groove playing the first dlc. 

I also borrowed horizon zero dawn from a mate which I just fired up last night. I never intended on playing it, but since it's costing me nothing, why not! 

Speaking of free, did anyone nab Knack 2 while it was free on the psn store by mistake? I was lucky enough to get it. So much for backlog games this month... 

And with projects cars 2 and gt sport around the corner, I am no chance over the next few months. Either way, good chance for you division 2 peeps to close the gap to yours truly. ?

Happy hunting everyone. 

Currently switching between Mafia III and UC3 while checking out Wolfenstein on another account.

I was playing Lost Legacy but it was making me agro so it's back in the cupboard for now.

Good work even giving Trials of Dunwall a go, saw the trophy descriptions and went nope. No way I could do them.

Missed getting Knack 2 free by 15 minutes :( Glad you got it if it's keeping you from the backlog lol. 

Best of news of the comp, could catch up yet.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Feral said:

Currently switching between Mafia III and UC3 while checking out Wolfenstein on another account.

I was playing Lost Legacy but it was making me agro so it's back in the cupboard for now.

Good work even giving Trials of Dunwall a go, saw the trophy descriptions and went nope. No way I could do them.

Missed getting Knack 2 free by 15 minutes :( Glad you got it if it's keeping you from the backlog lol. 

Best of news of the comp, could catch up yet.

How did you find the Mafia 3 dlc? I was thinking of picking it up next time it's on sale. I'll have to purchase the game again as I sold my disc copy though. 

Speaking of things that make you agro... The get 5 headshots in 5 seconds trophy on Mafia 3 did that to me! Good luck when attempt that one, it was so annoying. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

How did you find the Mafia 3 dlc? I was thinking of picking it up next time it's on sale. I'll have to purchase the game again as I sold my disc copy though. 

Speaking of things that make you agro... The get 5 headshots in 5 seconds trophy on Mafia 3 did that to me! Good luck when attempt that one, it was so annoying. 

I really liked it even though they are fairly short. Faster Baby was definitely my favourite, growing pot and fucking up racists is extremely fun lol. Other two were good, Stones Unturned is just better than Sign of the Times mostly because of the new weapons and the cult shit gets a bit old. Definitely worth getting.

Bet it did, sounds like a real pain in the arse. Cheers mate, might have a crack at it shortly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

it doesn't really matter as Sony can and probably already have revoked the game licence for those that didn't pay for the game. 

Will check it out tonight and let you know ;)

1 hour ago, spazza136 said:

Saw that L.A. Noire will be coming to PS4 soon, been waiting for that.

Hopefully it plays alright and isn't a hot mess/quick cash grab.

Thanks for reminding me, need to finish the PS3 version

• Like 2

17 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

I finished up Dragon Quest Heroes last night. It took 67 hours to plat, but the post-game was actually really enjoyable (more enjoyable than the main story tbh). I expected a grind, but it wasn't bad at all and fighting the harder versions of the bosses and the four special bosses was fun.

Not sure what I want to play now. I've still got Alpha Protocol, Diablo III and Heavy Rain to complete for my backlog but I'm still not feeling like I want to play Heavy Rain and I'm not sure at all about Alpha Protocol. I might just go with Diablo III since that's the longest and I don't really want to play the other two right now.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

it doesn't really matter as Sony can and probably already have revoked the game licence for those that didn't pay for the game. 

I've played it most of the day and all good here so far. ? if they do take it away, hopefully I can get the plat first. It's actually not bad. Might go and play the first one at some stage. 

8 hours ago, spazza136 said:

Saw that L.A. Noire will be coming to PS4 soon, been waiting for that.

Hopefully it plays alright and isn't a hot mess/quick cash grab.

Yea I saw that too. One of the great PS3 games. Will definitely look at it when it's out on Ps4. A different trophy list would be nice too. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

I've played it most of the day and all good here so far. 1f600.png if they do take it away, hopefully I can get the plat first. It's actually not bad. Might go and play the first one at some stage. 

Maybe they are letting you guys keep it. Free advertising i guess ;)

On 9/2/2017 at 10:55 PM, Feral said:

I'm keen now to see how low you'll go @TheWayne-o for those Tim Tams especially since you're thinking about getting CJ to save you. This is going down to the wire.

I'm not sure that I even want to know the answer to that question, my mind goes to some really dark places sometimes... :lol:

On 9/3/2017 at 9:45 AM, CjShai said:

I am sure we can arrange something, I seem to have a hand in quite a few profiles lately ..............

Well you are the master of the dark side, slowly turning us all one trophy hunter at a time!

On 9/3/2017 at 7:15 PM, Feral said:

Though now I've gotta keep an eye on you. Only 60 odd points behind me. So don't go too hard :P

I second this, you're only 8 points behind me fang so don't go overboard! Unless you want to turn out out adam and feral who will be receiving point deductions for cheating come the end of the season causing me to win division 2 :P

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Most definitely, I was once mistaken for a New Zealander, it took months for my ego to recover.

I hear you are up for anything Feral ........ I just got this wonderful new "experimental" Japanese "pleasure" device. You interested in a ride .......

Never get over such a trauma. When I was called a Kiwi had nightmares about sheep for year.

Ha ha ha I'll be right over mate, you know I can't resist any kind of pleasure device ?

Edited by Feral
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Most definitely, I was once mistaken for a New Zealander, it took months for my ego to recover.

North or South Islander? Just kidding it's all trash.

14 minutes ago, Feral said:

Never get over such a trauma. When I was called a Kiwi had nightmares about sheep for year.

At least you know you're sane when you get the nightmare, it becomes a problem if it turns into a 'special dream'

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, spazza136 said:

At least you know you're sane when you get the nightmare, it becomes a problem if it turns into a 'special dream'

Ha ha ha ha you're on ? tonight. Owe you rep for that.

Confirmed my Aussie status though because it wasn't one of those dreams lol.

On 16/08/2017 at 9:55 PM, MattyH16 said:

Time for my bi-monthly update:

CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count over 9000!!! (EASY) Currently 9636 (COMPLETE)

2: Increase and maintain my completion rate to at least 80% (EASY) Currently 80.09%

3: Place inside the top 5 of my division (MEDIUM) N/A

4: Have 1000 GOLD trophies (EASY) Currently 1168 (COMPLETE)

5: Complete all 10 of my backlog games (HARD) Currently 3/10

6: Decrease and maintain my total unearned trophies to 2500 (MEDIUM) Currently 2585

7: Reach 200 platinum trophies (HARD) Currently 205

8: Earn a new spot in any top 50 list for any game or category (EXTREME) COMPLETE

BACKLOG:

PS3:

Alone In The Dark - 3/50 (4%) Uncommon Currently 50/50 (100%) COMPLETE

Assassin's Creed: Rogue - 6/47 (8%) Uncommon

Dishonored: Game Of The Year Edition - 5/81 (4%) Very Rare

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - 5/26 (10%) Rare

Life Is Strange - 0/61 (0%) Uncommon Currently 61/61 (100%) COMPLETE

Shadows Of The Damned - 1/51 (1%) Rare

PS4:

Sleeping Dogs (US Edition) - 0/60 (0%) Rare Currently 60/60 (100%) COMPLETE

Trine 2: Complete Story - 4/51 (5%) Ultra Rare Currently 5/51 (7%)

Tropico 5 - 7/71 (7%) Ultra Rare

PSV:

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - 3/45 (5%) Very Rare Currently 6/45 (12%)

Here we are at the halfway mark of August. I know my update today is quite late. It was actually my birthday today ?? and I've spent the day being treated by my wife and daughter and extended family. I managed to score Yooka-Laylee and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age which I'm rapt about. Bub helped to pick out my favourite chocolates (with mummy's help). I even managed to squeeze out a birthday platinum with Dying: Reborn on the Vita no less!

This month I have managed to tick off 2 of my challenges, hitting 80% completion and hitting 200 platinums. Pretty happy with my progress there. That 10,000 total trophy count is looming in the horizon, I can now catch a glimpse at it's beauty on a sunny day with light or no cloud cover. But other than that I'm actually feeling a bit lost after breaking into the Aussie top 50 and popping 200 platinums. Guess I could go for 300? Maybe work on some Ultra Rare platinums? Backlog games??? Helloooooooooooooooo???

The Sims 4 is coming out on PS4 in November. According to EB, the deluxe edition comes out 3 days earlier than the standard. Like I needed any more incentive! That's a Day 1 buy for me. How is everyone else going with their challenges, backlogs, personal gaming goals?

I hope you all have a productive month of trophy hunting ?

Time for my bi-monthly update:

CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count over 9000!!! (EASY) Currently 9863 (COMPLETE)

2: Increase and maintain my completion rate to at least 80% (EASY) Currently 80.80% (COMPLETE)

3: Place inside the top 5 of my division (MEDIUM) N/A

4: Have 1000 GOLD trophies (EASY) Currently 1214 (COMPLETE)

5: Complete all 10 of my backlog games (HARD) Currently 3/10

6: Decrease and maintain my total unearned trophies to 2500 (MEDIUM) Currently 2549

7: Reach 200 platinum trophies (HARD) Currently 210

8: Earn a new spot in any top 50 list for any game or category (EXTREME) COMPLETE

BACKLOG:

PS3:

Alone In The Dark - 3/50 (4%) Uncommon Currently 50/50 (100%) COMPLETE

Assassin's Creed: Rogue - 6/47 (8%) Uncommon

Dishonored: Game Of The Year Edition - 5/81 (4%) Very Rare

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - 5/26 (10%) Rare

Life Is Strange - 0/61 (0%) Uncommon Currently 61/61 (100%) COMPLETE

Shadows Of The Damned - 1/51 (1%) Rare

PS4:

Sleeping Dogs (US Edition) - 0/60 (0%) Rare Currently 60/60 (100%) COMPLETE

Trine 2: Complete Story - 4/51 (5%) Ultra Rare Currently 5/51 (7%)

Tropico 5 - 7/71 (7%) Ultra Rare

PSV:

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - 3/45 (5%) Very Rare Currently 6/45 (12%)

Here we are at the halfway mark of September. The 3rd was a special day for me as I got to celebrate my first Father's Day (not special person's day as some people would have you believe). No new games unfortunately, bub forgot to ask daddy what he likes to play but had a great day regardless!

On to gaming now. It's been a good couple of weeks on the gaming chat, listening to @simpgraus battle it out on F1 2017 while @CjShai and I try to tame the beast that is Final Fantasy XIV. Has anyone here platinumed FF XIV? I'd love to hear any pointers or tips you have in general.

On a personal note, I've been working on some of my physical games so I can trade towards The Sims 4 and Gran Turismo Sport. Still haven't touched my backlog. Why did I pick games I have no interest in playing? I started up Saints Row IV Re-Elected thinking it shouldn't be too bad. Unfortuantely, I got hit with a common glitch. If you max out any of your superpowers before a certain point, it locks you out of the trophy and sadly, I wasn't paying much attention to the guide. I spent yesterday running through from a save about halfway through but to no avail, so I must start the entire game again. At least it's my last trophy before the platinum. I strongly recommend anyone planning to play this to follow a guide and make the alternate saves where advised and don't max any powers out.

I hope you all have a productive month of trophy hunting ?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

I hope you all have a productive month of trophy hunting 1f642.png

Great read as usual. Sorry to hear about Saints Row, sounds total BS. Looks like you will meet most of your challenges which is impressive.

39 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

tame the beast that is Final Fantasy XIV. Has anyone here platinumed FF XIV? I'd love to hear any pointers or tips you have in general.

My tip would be to tell Cj to stop accepting every single side quest or he will die of old age before he even gets out of the opening Act. Also this month there seems to be some weird Japanese festival in game that rewards people with the most fates so it is an excellent time to find large groups roaming around doing them. Easy to leach a few and make some progress on that 1000 trophies. Best action seems to be around 8-11pm.

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1