The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

On 9/10/2017 at 5:10 PM, LunchCannon54 said:

Do we really need an event like this to allay our inferiority complex? HEY GUYS LOOK WE'RE SO AUSTRALIAN PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO US. 

Well in short, no we don't need one but it's a bit of fun so why not have the competition? Inferiority complex, are you sure that you're Australian? I don't think that I know of any Australian that has one of those xD

Out of curiosity, what do you dislike so much about this competition that you read the thread (well at least the OP to find out what it was about) and felt compelled to post here criticising it?

On 9/10/2017 at 5:34 PM, Feral said:

Like envisioning yourself going to the King's Cross of gaming aka CJ's place and selling your soul :P

Ha ha ha ha I always knew you were a suss bastard and that rum you sent me earlier would come back to haunt me.

Whatever it takes to win right? I have no idea what you're talking about, we all know that I'm an upstanding citizen and would never dream of doing anything dodgy...:P

On 9/16/2017 at 0:35 PM, MattyH16 said:

I started up Saints Row IV Re-Elected thinking it shouldn't be too bad. Unfortuantely, I got hit with a common glitch. If you max out any of your superpowers before a certain point, it locks you out of the trophy and sadly, I wasn't paying much attention to the guide. I spent yesterday running through from a save about halfway through but to no avail, so I must start the entire game again. At least it's my last trophy before the platinum. I strongly recommend anyone planning to play this to follow a guide and make the alternate saves where advised and don't max any powers out.

Thanks for the heads up mate! I have the game in my backlog and will keep this in mind when I finally get around to booting it up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Whatever it takes to win right? I have no idea what you're talking about, we all know that I'm an upstanding citizen and would never dream of doing anything dodgy...:P

Lol I s'pose. You, an upstanding citizen? What mad drugs are you on mate? :P

*********************RAGEEEEEEEEEEEE********************

So been playing Project Cars 2 most of the weekend. Great game, but heaps of bugs which is annoying. It has stepped up in a lot of areas from the first game but still has the same issues as the first games which should have been fixed...

Anyway, there is a trophy for winning the Indy 500 over a full distance of 200 laps. I decided to attempt this on career mode because you need to win the event in career mode anyway (doesn't have to full distance) and the laps will go towards unlocking further invitational events. In career mode you need to play with tyre wear, fuel usage and rules/penalties on. No big deal because you can set the AI on lowest difficulty and lowest aggressive level to make it easier.

So I've been going for a while, up to lap 152 and need to pit for tyres and fuel. I take the last corner and pull over to the left and start to brake and downshift as I head for the pit lane; my finger poised on the pit lane speed limiter button so I don't get a penalty for speeding in the pits. I slow down to 60 just before the line and hit the limiter, then out of no where, an AI car comes flying into the pits behind me (remember, they are set on lowest aggressive setting) and smacks me so hard on the rear it causes my car to gain enough speed that I get a 'speeding in pit lane' penalty, that is so severe I get disqualified!!!

152 laps down the drain!!! There is no 'flashback' on this game!!!

FML.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

So been playing Project Cars 2 most of the weekend. Great game, but heaps of bugs which is annoying. It has stepped up in a lot of areas from the first game but still has the same issues as the first games which should have been fixed...

Anyway, there is a trophy for winning the Indy 500 over a full distance of 200 laps. I decided to attempt this on career mode because you need to win the event in career mode anyway (doesn't have to full distance) and the laps will go towards unlocking further invitational events. In career mode you need to play with tyre wear, fuel usage and rules/penalties on. No big deal because you can set the AI on lowest difficulty and lowest aggressive level to make it easier.

So I've been going for a while, up to lap 152 and need to pit for tyres and fuel. I take the last corner and pull over to the left and start to brake and downshift as I head for the pit lane; my finger poised on the pit lane speed limiter button so I don't get a penalty for speeding in the pits. I slow down to 60 just before the line and hit the limiter, then out of no where, an AI car comes flying into the pits behind me (remember, they are set on lowest aggressive setting) and smacks me so hard on the rear it causes my car to gain enough speed that I get a 'speeding in pit lane' penalty, that is so severe I get disqualified!!!

FML.

Sorry to hear that man, but remember it could always be worse. You could be playing Destiny 2

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Sorry to hear that man, but remember it could always be worse. You could be playing Destiny 2

lol! Not a fan? I see you have it on your profile, but no trophies on it yet (nothing unusual for you though ?)

I also see you fired up NBA 2K18... really? 2K games are such a grind, that will likely slow your progress down a heap.

Speaking of grinds, Projects Cars 2 licenses are online only, can be boosted, so if you are still up for it...?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

lol! Not a fan? I see you have it on your profile, but no trophies on it yet (nothing unusual for you though 1f61c.png)

I also see you fired up NBA 2K18... really? 2K games are such a grind, that will likely slow your progress down a heap.

Speaking of grinds, Projects Cars 2 licenses are online only, can be boosted, so if you are still up for it...1f609.png

Just cause it's on my list doesn't mean I have started it yet 

9 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

FML.

Fuck that, I'd go ballistic.

16 hours ago, CjShai said:

152 laps , 1 drink a lap ....... paralytic Feral on the floor..........

Lap shots! You know me well mate. I love getting para lol.

15 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

152 drinks??...... That's just a warm up, lol

Ha ha ha ha warm up for a casual night in for you hey mate. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

If anything I have posted more to this site since joining this comp then I have ever so it actually made me spend some time stalking parts of the forum which I would normally not care about.

I'm actually really glad to hear this. I personally have been doing the same and getting more involved and I've hoped this is the case for others. Great to hear it ?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, CrestfallenV said:

But that's only because you have an inferiority complex and want people to pay attention to you. IT'S TOTALLY NOT WHAT I'M ALSO DOING RIGHT NOW. HONEST. please pay attention to me...

Go easy on @fisty123, he lost a position on the leaderboard this week to some prick that plays 5% of everything on a good day and only finishes games in a language he can barely read. To top if off he has less gaming skill than a limbless monkey.  And he has the nerve to label himself a Sensei ...... farken joker

That guy is a disgrace to trophy hunters across Australia.

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 3

Hey all, hope everyone is doing well trophy hunting and outside of gaming. Ended up celebrating my 20th birthday today. Still feels like I'm 16/17 :P

Ended up getting Nitro + Blasters - Heroines Infinite Duel, Styx: Shards of darkness and Dishonored: Death Of The Outsider. All pretty good games with some interesting trophies to earn.

Looking forward to seeing this months results and how everyone has progressed :)

Take care guys and keep on Trophy Hunting :D

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, fang7744 said:

Hey all, hope everyone is doing well trophy hunting and outside of gaming. Ended up celebrating my 20th birthday today. Still feels like I'm 16/17 :P

Ended up getting Nitro + Blasters - Heroines Infinite Duel, Styx: Shards of darkness and Dishonored: Death Of The Outsider. All pretty good games with some interesting trophies to earn.

Looking forward to seeing this months results and how everyone has progressed :)

Happy birthday mate, all downhill from here now lol. Soon you'll need a walking frame :P

That feeling of only being 16 or so stays for years. I'm nearly 27 and still feel like a teenager.

Make sure you drink heaps of grog and stay away from those games and their evil trophies. You don't want to take the top point scorer again this month lol.

13 hours ago, fang7744 said:

Many happy returns ?

I just started playing Nitroplus last night myself. Should be a quick platinum, some of those combo trophies are going to be a bit tough but we'll see. Anyways, hope you had a great day!

16 hours ago, fang7744 said:

Happy birthday! Hope you had a great day.