When will online features be up?

WatertownsFinest

Remember when games were released complete and fully functional on a disc, and never got patch updates later on, and extra content was unlocked by playing a game 4 times instead of paying $49.99? Even Pepperidge Farms doesn't remember those days anymore...

That's because it was a time before a dev could patch a game, now that they can, it means they can fix things after launch, I don't see a problem with that Edited by DarkHpokinsn

Remember when games were released complete and fully functional on a disc, and never got patch updates later on, and extra content was unlocked by playing a game 4 times instead of paying $49.99? Even Pepperidge Farms doesn't remember those days anymore...

It's better now, before games were released broken on disc or cart with no way to fix them, only arcade cabinets could receive patches.

• Like 1

That's because it was a time before a dev could patch a game, now that they can, it means they can fix things after launch, I don't see a problem with that

It's better now, before games were released broken on disc or cart with no way to fix them, only arcade cabinets could receive patches.

There were a helluva lot less broken games than there are today. Also, a lot of big games still haven't been patched right. Not only that but these "remaster" ports are porting over the glitches, which is mind blowing to me. Also, how far back are you two looking for when patches were able? I remember playing Diablo 2 and getting patches on that. That game is older than 1/2 of the people on this web site.

No no. Things have gotten leaps and bounds worse over the years. I completely blame gamers allowing it to happen. This overwhelming want to get that pre-order bonus has blinded everybody as to what they are allowing to happen.

• Like 1

There were a helluva lot less broken games than there are today. Also, a lot of big games still haven't been patched right. Not only that but these "remaster" ports are porting over the glitches, which is mind blowing to me. Also, how far back are you two looking for when patches were able? I remember playing Diablo 2 and getting patches on that. That game is older than 1/2 of the people on this web site.

No no. Things have gotten leaps and bounds worse over the years. I completely blame gamers allowing it to happen. This overwhelming want to get that pre-order bonus has blinded everybody as to what they are allowing to happen.

Lol nothing has gotten worse, calm down

Lol nothing has gotten worse, calm down

I'm plenty calm. I'd respectively disagree about the state of games releasing getting worse. Since you have hidden your age, i can only assume you say that out of ignorance and inexperience. Take it from an old fart, large publishers are pushing the envelope with releasing games further and further into an underdeveloped product and only gamers are to blame.

Edited by PhilDeezEnYuTees
  • Like 1

That's quite optimistic outlook at current industry.

You call it optimistic, I call it naive

large publishers are pushing the envelope with releasing games further and further into an underdeveloped product and only gamers are to blame.

Agree with that. Why respecting the player and sending the full game when you can respect the delivery time and sell more for less and then fix it later (or never like Colonial Marines)?

That's because it was a time before a dev could patch a game, now that they can, it means they can fix things after launch, I don't see a problem with that

What I meant by my comment was that games nowadays are being released based on a deadline, rather than when the game is finished. Sure, games before couldn't be patched or updated once released, but a lot of developers put more time and effort into QC'ing their game before it was released because they couldn't update it later. That's where the difference is between then and now. Now you get games like Aliens: Colonial Marines, Battlefield 4, Battlefield: Hardline, Black Ops III, Infinite Warfare, Watch_Dogs 2 (with the online portion), and hell even Grand Theft Auto V didn't get its online portion till roughly 2 weeks later, and the long-announced Heists didn't get added till about 16 months after GTA Online became active. Each of these games were broken, unplayable or had major pieces missing at launch, only to be patched later. Aliens is still broken, Battlefield 4 still has some minor issues even after like 25 patches.

Infinite Warfare just got its 4th patch, and Activision/InfinityWard were touting this new patch like they deserved a trophy, because they said it fixed over 1000 bugs in the game. So you mean to tell me that after 3 full patches since the games release exactly 14 days ago, there's still over 1000 bugs in the game? And they're acknowledging that there's still plenty more bugs, glitches, exploits, etc., that weren't fixed in this patch. So it's safe to assume there was over 2500 bugs in Infinite Warfare at launch day. Quality Control is non-existent nowadays. Even Bethesda games don't have that many bugs. This brings me back to my point, that if time was spent on quality control and testing these games and then releasing them, rather than rushing them into a deadline and cleaning up the spills and gunk sprayed everywhere later, there wouldn't be an issue. TheYuriG said it best, with the following:

Why respecting the player and sending the full game when you can respect the delivery time and sell more for less and then fix it later (or never like Colonial Marines)?

• Like 3

I was only talking about console games, never played pc games growing up

I think i made this thread rough 3 posts ago. However, you have to get rough sometimes. For the most part, gamers don't know what they are doing when they pre-order games. They're like racoons, they just want that little shiny in the box. Infants...

I don't like being compared to a fucking rat.

+1 for the Peppridge Farm reference

What I meant by my comment was that games nowadays are being released based on a deadline, rather than when the game is finished. Sure, games before couldn't be patched or updated once released, but a lot of developers put more time and effort into QC'ing their game before it was released because they couldn't update it later. That's where the difference is between then and now. Now you get games like Aliens: Colonial Marines, Battlefield 4, Battlefield: Hardline, Black Ops III, Infinite Warfare, Watch_Dogs 2 (with the online portion), and hell even Grand Theft Auto V didn't get its online portion till roughly 2 weeks later, and the long-announced Heists didn't get added till about 16 months after GTA Online became active. Each of these games were broken, unplayable or had major pieces missing at launch, only to be patched later. Aliens is still broken, Battlefield 4 still has some minor issues even after like 25 patches.

Infinite Warfare just got its 4th patch, and Activision/InfinityWard were touting this new patch like they deserved a trophy, because they said it fixed over 1000 bugs in the game. So you mean to tell me that after 3 full patches since the games release exactly 14 days ago, there's still over 1000 bugs in the game? And they're acknowledging that there's still plenty more bugs, glitches, exploits, etc., that weren't fixed in this patch. So it's safe to assume there was over 2500 bugs in Infinite Warfare at launch day. Quality Control is non-existent nowadays. Even Bethesda games don't have that many bugs. This brings me back to my point, that if time was spent on quality control and testing these games and then releasing them, rather than rushing them into a deadline and cleaning up the spills and gunk sprayed everywhere later, there wouldn't be an issue. TheYuriG said it best, with the following:

Its like you guys are living in the past, patches exist so I'm not sure why you're complaining like its not a good thing. games are not always launching broken like some people say here,online is a very Effie thing to design.