Easy king trophy glitch

ycheah

I'm not even sure... but players who won properly lose credibility and I don't see how players can find any enjoyment or pride in getting trophies easily like this... yes ok, it's a nice discovery, but doing it legitimately gets far more out this game... it's a shame the only guide on this website encourages people to cheat... it's as much of a gamekiller as it is a timesaver, I found this a fantastic game otherwise... best I've played recently

Edited by Midnightwards666

1 hour ago, teething_korea said:

Why do you care so much? 

People are happy to finally get this done 

If it's getting used to get high scores on the leaderboards it should be patched

I'm glad someone found an easier way to do this because I did it legit and it took a lot more time than I thought it would :lol:

2 hours ago, TristanBrown17 said:

I'm happy for people that can now complete it. It is slightly irritating to see an exploit such as this used post-completion though. That's the reason why @Midnightwards666 and I are a bit disappointed. 

It's not even that for me. As a matter of fact, I completed this game only 2 weeks ago... I was aware that there was an exploit, but I wanted to win without it... I did, and I'm proud of myself for it... otherwise, I think I'm basically admitting defeat to this game. I suppose I can understand if one tried their very best for 100% and was simply unable to do it... but otherwise, I find it to be too cheap, kills the game and only gives you easy trophies... I don't see how players can find any enjoyment or pride in using it. I see it as playing only for easy trophies.

Also, @TristanBrown17, are you going to continue with your guide for this game? Personally, I am not happy that the only guide on this site encourages people to use this exploit. I'm not calling for it to be removed, but I think it would be better if there was another, on how to win legitimately... unless I really am the only person in the world or this forum who likes to win without exploits? If you don't continue, maybe I will write my own... I think I could probably write my own guide. Scoring 5m in a run is tough, yes, but it can be done and is far from impossible to do legit. 

8 hours ago, Midnightwards666 said:

It's not even that for me. As a matter of fact, I completed this game only 2 weeks ago... I was aware that there was an exploit, but I wanted to win without it... I did, and I'm proud of myself for it... otherwise, I think I'm basically admitting defeat to this game. I suppose I can understand if one tried their very best for 100% and was simply unable to do it... but otherwise, I find it to be too cheap, kills the game and only gives you easy trophies... I don't see how players can find any enjoyment or pride in using it. I see it as playing only for easy trophies.

Also, @TristanBrown17, are you going to continue with your guide for this game? Personally, I am not happy that the only guide on this site encourages people to use this exploit. I'm not calling for it to be removed, but I think it would be better if there was another, on how to win legitimately... unless I really am the only person in the world or this forum who likes to win without exploits? If you don't continue, maybe I will write my own... I think I could probably write my own guide. Scoring 5m in a run is tough, yes, but it can be done and is far from impossible to do legit. 

The guide actually got reviewed and needed some small fixes. If you would like, shoot me a PM and I can fill you in further. I don't want to stray too far from the topic itself.

I didn't see that I should have done Apocalypse immediately after getting the Yaeger trophy and now it doesn't seem to work for me. I completed the first regular region four times in a row, got to Apocalypse and nothing. I played through the first for regions of the regular mode legitimately, then exited and died in the first stage of Apocalypse and still it didn't work - even though items and points are still there. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I don't know why, but I got it the next time I started Apocalypse mode, strange.

Edited by Karlsson89
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Karlsson89 said:

I didn't see that I should have done Apocalypse immediately after getting the Yaeger trophy and now it doesn't seem to work for me. I completed the first regular region four times in a row, got to Apocalypse and nothing. I played through the first for regions of the regular mode legitimately, then exited and died in the first stage of Apocalypse and still it didn't work - even though items and points are still there. What am I doing wrong?

After getting 5 million points I switched to apocalypse, I couldn't even get past the first block ... I died four times within a minute and that gave me the trophy. You need to clear four stages in apocalypse, maybe dying four times qualified, I'm not sure. But that's how I got the trophy.

My two cents about using a bug/glitch or not to get a trophy: Why bother using your own sense of what's right to form an opinion about how other people play their games. Getting the trophies without using it certainly has my respect for clearing a very difficult challenge. And others using other means to gain a trophy does not in any way diminish the value of your achievement. You know you did it, and you can honestly feel proud of what you did. I used the bug and I am feeling relief that I can check off this game from my backlog.

The same argument can be held about using any kind of walk through or guide to find all collectables in any game. Does using it fall in the category of cheating, and if so, does that matter or mean something. A trophy guide is meant to show/explain how to get the trophies, and that's what this guide does. If you need a guide to clear this game, obviously you don't have the skills (or the patience to learn the skills) to clear it without using this method. As the trophy requirements are very clear.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Midnightwards666 said:

I reported this bug to Flippfly on their website, am waiting a response... I doubt, but I want to see it patched and removed... though deleting patches :/ it's a gamekiller, total cheating. Not just the trophies, also the leaderboards.

Since this isn't a multiplayer game, the bug really has limited impact on others. Leaderboards for a niche game are really pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

I cannot imagine that Flippfly is going to spend money on a patch for this. Certainly there are tons of games with far more broken aspects that never get fixed, petitioning to get something like this removed is pretty petty.

28 minutes ago, de_digibeet said:

My two cents about using a bug/glitch or not to get a trophy: Why bother using your own sense of what's right to form an opinion about how other people play their games. Getting the trophies without using it certainly has my respect for clearing a very difficult challenge. And others using other means to gain a trophy does not in any way diminish the value of your achievement. You know you did it, and you can honestly feel proud of what you did. I used the bug and I am feeling relief that I can check off this game from my backlog.

Yes this is fair enough. I can't quite understand how one can enjoy this game if they use before even trying, but people can play how they wish.  

28 minutes ago, de_digibeet said:

The same argument can be held about using any kind of walk through or guide to find all collectables in any game. Does using it fall in the category of cheating, and if so, does that matter or mean something. A trophy guide is meant to show/explain how to get the trophies, and that's what this guide does. If you need a guide to clear this game, obviously you don't have the skills (or the patience to learn the skills) to clear it without using this method. As the trophy requirements are very clear.

Well, whether or not cheating is the word, personally I would say so... though that's just one opinion, maybe it is, or isn't, I'm not sure... but it is blatant use of exploits. Then using guides, that's a whole other matter. But I would like to see another guide on this site, that "shows/explains how to get the trophies" without using exploits... I can say no exploits is my preferred method, though perhaps I am the only person in the world like that? And if you're saying such a guide would be useless, I don't agree... yes, this game is mostly about learning all the obstacles, but there are still some other things... what to go for first, when to use the void portals (early or late?), what to do/not to do when going for scores, trying to find warp zones early in the first 2 regions of apocalypse mode etc.

14 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Since this isn't a multiplayer game, the bug really has limited impact on others. Leaderboards for a niche game are really pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

I cannot imagine that Flippfly is going to spend money on a patch for this. Certainly there are tons of games with far more broken aspects that never get fixed, petitioning to get something like this removed is pretty petty.

I tried reporting, but yes, like I said, I doubt.   

36 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Yes this is fair enough. I can't quite understand how one can enjoy this game if they use before even trying, but people can play how they wish.  

Well, whether or not cheating is the word, personally I would say so... though that's just one opinion, maybe it is, or isn't, I'm not sure... but it is blatant use of exploits. Then using guides, that's a whole other matter. But I would like to see another guide on this site, that "shows/explains how to get the trophies" without using exploits... I can say no exploits is my preferred method, though perhaps I am the only person in the world like that? And if you're saying such a guide would be useless, I don't agree... yes, this game is mostly about learning all the obstacles, but there are still some other things... what to go for first, when to use the void portals (early or late?), what to do/not to do when going for scores, trying to find warp zones early in the first 2 regions of apocalypse mode etc.

Being alone in the world with a certain opinion is very rare. It's usually a safe bet that if you can think of something, someone else can too. It's just a matter of finding like minded people, but they exist, for every opinion, feeling, thought, experience, etc. That said, this is mainly a site for trophy hunters, so probably a majority of the people here will use guides or exploits. And in general will share pointers on how to play a game.

A guide like you suggest would still be about sharing pointers on how to play this game, which makes the achievement of people using such knowledge something less their own work than if they figured it out all on their own. So even that could be seen as some small version of "cheating" as it is not entirely ones own accomplishment. But that's how we learn as a society/community. Personally I'm in favor of sharing pointers, discoveries, etc. and letting people decide which they find useful and which they don't want to use.

I do think the type of pointers you mentioned are helpful and useful, and they show great dedication of the ones who figured out all those pointers. Although with the exploit explained the audience for advice on how to play the game without the exploit might be small on a site like this. But such an audience does exist, you are the very proof of that.

As to understanding how one can enjoy the game with exploits. I can only tell you about how that works for me.

To me it's not only about enjoying any particular game, it happens and varies between games and I like it when I am enjoying a certain game. My main objective however, is to have fun with clearing games, keeping a high completion percentage and most importantly: have something I can sort and keep score off, and checkoff items. As a toddler I did this with a duplo collection (large lego blocks), I later switched to comic books, in high school I had my grades to play with (tweaking exams by giving a few wrongs answers on purpose so I'd get a certain grade which would add up to a nice round average and variation on my school reports, getting a 100% on every exam can get boring fast), and now I collect and archive game trophies.

I enjoyed playing with duplo, reading the comic books and learning, but the collection activities themselves are equally important to me. It's a matter of finding something which I can sort and archive and is enjoyable without such activities as well, I need both. So collecting games and checking off trophies and move the game into the 'completed' category has value to me in itself, and using exploits is one of many means to do that. And the more I enjoy a game, the less likely I am to use an exploit or guide.

54 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Some very good points made. I think two guides is a good idea, then players can decide. Even if let's say one person follows the non-exploit guide, that's still an audience... a very small audience. 

There's always the possibility of the glitch getting patched, so it's for the best to have an exploit-free option there. Just to be safe.

Might be another reason, even though it wasn't quite what I was thinking. I was thinking more about players like me who want to overcome the challenge win the trophies without using exploits. Also, even if it did get patched, I'm sure players would still be able to use by deleting their patches.  

6 hours ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Also, even if it did get patched, I'm sure players would still be able to use by deleting their patches.  

If only it were this easy! Once a downloadable game on PS4 is patched you have to download the whole package. If you're playing on Vita or have a physical copy, this is an option - but for PS4 you can only get the latest version of a game.

• Like 1

I knew this would happen xD News flash, if you don't want to use the bug, you don't have to, you can just play the game normally and be proud in your own way. But asking for it to be removed, so people who don't want/can't get it that way have no other option, is kind of pity.

Also, I'm sorry if my guide does not fit your playstyle, but when writting a guide I always go for the shortest method to get a 100%, in this case, without a doubt, the use of the bug is the fastest way. And while it remains so, the guide is still useful, and I hope it keeps on being.

• Like 1

On 1.01.2017 at 3:57 PM, Midnightwards666 said:

I reported this bug to Flippfly on their website, am waiting a response... I doubt, but I want to see it patched and removed... though deleting patches :/ it's a gamekiller, total cheating. Not just the trophies, also the leaderboards.

I know you are mad that you got this trophies the hard way and now they can be achieved in less then 4 hours easily but it's not the reason to make it harder for other players ;). Maybe they will fix this thanks to you and many other players won't be able to get those trophies. You think that you are some kind of "law-abiding citizen" but you are just a little hurt man who has a problem.

• Like 3

I enjoyed 100%ing this game even though I used the exploit, well sort of. I did yeager legit. 

When I retried yeager many times (with the exploit active) I became 3rd on the leaderboard.

For trophy hunting I find this exploit to be handy and usefull, it maybe can suck if you did it all legit.

What I do say however that this bug maybe effect more platforms (didnt check) and in that case the leaderboards will be screwed big times.

For the really good players or players that really like this game that are going for high scores this can really suck.

So I still hope they fix this game for all system just because its gamebreaking.

On 08/01/2017 at 9:11 PM, HaserPL said:

I know you are mad that you got this trophies the hard way and now they can be achieved in less then 4 hours easily but it's not the reason to make it harder for other players ;). Maybe they will fix this thanks to you and many other players won't be able to get those trophies. You think that you are some kind of "law-abiding citizen" but you are just a little hurt man who has a problem.

Um yes I just gave my opinion... do if you really want, no one is stopping you, but yes I think it is a cheat for easy trophies... I chose the hard way and have no regrets in doing so. I don't regret reporting it either, this bug shouldn't be here and it also ruins the leaderboards... though you don't need to worry, nothing will happen. 

"I know you are mad that you got this trophies the hard way and now they can be achieved in less then 4 hours easily"

Rubbish. I chose this way, because I like to win without cheating! I said my opinion, when possible it's better to use... more enjoyment, more pride and more satisfaction!

"You think you are some law-abiding citizen"

I couldn't care less actually... I play how I want, here not cheating is my way. 

"You are just a little hurt man with a problem"

I hoped more would play legitimately... something wrong with that?

"You are", "you're this", "you're that", like you know everything, when it's WRONG... stop that stupid shit, otherwise it's you're

On 07/01/2017 at 2:23 AM, Arkthur said:

Also, I'm sorry if my guide does not fit your playstyle, but when writting a guide I always go for the shortest method to get a 100%, in this case, without a doubt, the use of the bug is the fastest way. And while it remains so, the guide is still useful, and I hope it keeps on being.

If it doesn't fit my playstyle I simply won't use, easy... for your target audience it is fine, but I think there is another audience of people who prefer not using exploits and would prefer another guide, so I think it's best to have two... such guides exist on other sites, but I also just can't help but feel this method is just a bit too cheap...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

Ummm...it's possible to have 1 guide that describes both/all methods then everyone is happy...I did it...why not all just co-operate?...why the silly feud?...

I might add the long method some day. Either way, people can release gameplay guides for certain trophies if they want. Since there are....3 trophies (?) that really require this kind of dedication (since the other stacks) they can do so.

On 1.01.2017 at 3:57 PM, Midnightwards666 said:

Ok guys so we got guy who reported bug. So got solution for eventually patch. Just play on ps3 without patch. Game will launch and got older map. You will not be a leaderboard but this not necessary. 

Edited by Zerathel

On 1/8/2017 at 5:54 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

Ummm...it's possible to have 1 guide that describes both/all methods then everyone is happy...I did it...why not all just co-operate?...why the silly feud?...

On 1/9/2017 at 5:36 AM, Arkthur said:

I might add the long method some day. Either way, people can release gameplay guides for certain trophies if they want. Since there are....3 trophies (?) that really require this kind of dedication (since the other stacks) they can do so.

I have already messaged @Arkthur concerning the guide I have written for this game doing it the legitimate way, but have received no response