The Platinum Pyramid-Season 3(Currently On Hold)

I figured why not join my own challenge right? So here is my pyramid:

UR: Attack on Titan

VR: Dead Space 2 and Pure

R: Spec Ops the Line, Bioshock(PS4), and GTA Vice City

C/UC: The Godfather 2, R&C A Crack in Time, Sonic UGC, and Battleship

Sa8b89d.png

S8be975.pngSac2f8f.png

S9ac718.pngS04f57b.pngS81eb7a.png

S46a54e.pngSe4df23.pngSa91d1f.pngSbc297f.png

I like the idea for this event. Told myself I was going to stop joining these events for a while but who am I kidding, I'll probably join this. Still need to decide between a few choices for my "Very Rare" section but the rest is pretty much set. Since we can't change our selection I'll probably wait to post my official pyramid, just in case something in the upcoming PS+ lineup interests me. 

I don't want to start a big debate and nothing personal against Andrea so please don't take it that way (I'm not above using cheap tricks to win competitions myself and kudos to you for finding a loophole) but is it really going to be possible for a Telltale game to qualify as an UR? That just seems wrong to me and completely against the spirit of the competition since the point is to have a mixture of difficulties including UR's. Everyone knows that Batman Telltale will end up either uncommon or common and probably in the 40-50% range once it has been out longer. That's like having a game such as My Name is Mayo or a VN qualify as UR just because it was released right before the event and there was a few hour-long window where it qualified. Unfortunately, I can't offer a perfect solution because any rule I can think of would basically disqualify any new release which probably isn't the best idea since I'm sure a lot of people might want to play some new games that come out during the event. Just seems wrong to me but that's just my two cents. Not like I have a chance of winning so it won't impact me anyways.  :P

Edited by MStalker58

I like the idea for this event. Told myself I was going to stop joining these events for a while but who am I kidding, I'll probably join this. Still need to decide between a few choices for my "Very Rare" section but the rest is pretty much set. Since we can't change our selection I'll probably wait to post my official pyramid, just in case something in the upcoming PS+ lineup interests me. 

I don't want to start a big debate and nothing personal against Andrea so please don't take it that way (I'm not above using cheap tricks to win competitions myself and kudos to you for finding a loophole) but is it really going to be possible for a Telltale game to qualify as an UR? That just seems wrong to me and completely against the spirit of the competition since the point is to have a mixture of difficulties including UR's. Everyone knows that Batman Telltale will end up either uncommon or common and probably in the 40-50% range once it has been out longer. That's like having a game such as My Name is Mayo or a VN qualify as UR just because it was released right before the event and there was a few hour-long window where it qualified. Unfortunately, I can't offer a perfect solution because any rule I can think of would basically disqualify any new release which probably isn't the best idea since I'm sure a lot of people might want to play some new games that come out during the event. Just seems wrong to me but that's just my two cents. Not like I have a chance of winning so it won't affect me anyways.  :P

In Andrea's case, it all depends on whether s/he is lucky enough for Batman Telltale episode 5 to get released on January 1 or later, but at the same time, s/he has to have prepared his/her games far enough in advance to make it so that s/he follows the pyramid and get the platinums in order before the Batman Telltale game switches from Ultra Rare to Common/Uncommon within that 1-month timeframe. Aside from this, I don't mind Andrea having a TellTale game as an ultra rare.

I am not going to participate just after reading some of the rules and such but shouldn't GarciaFever have to change his games considering his completion of Mugen Souls(48/51) and a few others being way past 10% or have I read the rules wrong and this is allowed making for an easy win?

I don't want to start a big debate and nothing personal against Andrea so please don't take it that way (I'm not above using cheap tricks to win competitions myself and kudos to you for finding a loophole) but is it really going to be possible for a Telltale game to qualify as an UR? That just seems wrong to me and completely against the spirit of the competition since the point is to have a mixture of difficulties including UR's. Everyone knows that Batman Telltale will end up either uncommon or common and probably in the 40-50% range once it has been out longer. That's like having a game such as My Name is Mayo or a VN qualify as UR just because it was released right before the event and there was a few hour-long window where it qualified. Unfortunately, I can't offer a perfect solution because any rule I can think of would basically disqualify any new release which probably isn't the best idea since I'm sure a lot of people might want to play some new games that come out during the event. Just seems wrong to me but that's just my two cents. Not like I have a chance of winning so it won't affect me anyways.  :P

I could link a UR VN actually.

Personally I've got to agree with MStalker, I don't really like the idea of using an obviously easy game as an UR or VR etc just because it is a new release. I know it's just being smart and taking advantage of the rules but I feel it somewhat defeats the point of the contest in this case and people will spend more time trying to find a loophole than playing as I assume Triicky intended. Either way it's not that big of a deal and I'll go with whatever is decided. 

In Andrea's case, it all depends on whether s/he is lucky enough for Batman Telltale episode 5 to get released on January 1 or later, but at the same time, s/he has to have prepared his/her games far enough in advance to make it so that s/he follows the pyramid and get the platinums in order before the Batman Telltale game switches from Ultra Rare to Common/Uncommon within that 1-month timeframe. Aside from this, I don't mind Andrea having a TellTale game as an ultra rare.

She would need Batman Telltale to be released before January 1st and then could submit her pyramid whilst it's a fully released game but still ultra rare as the rarity percentages are frozen at the point when you submit the game. If it is released after January 1st then it's not going to be eligible to play.

I am not going to participate just after reading some of the rules and such but shouldn't GarciaFever have to change his games considering his completion of Mugen Souls(48/51) and a few others being way past 10% or have I read the rules wrong and this is allowed making for an easy win?

If that is the case and some of his games are past 10% then yes he's gonna end up having to change them for something else.

Yeah that my fault for not looking through each person's list to clarify. 

Ok I will sign up for this. Gives me another reason to complete my backlog:

C/U - Skylanders Imaginators (PS3), Root Letter (Vita), The Legend of Korra (PS3), Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 V GENERATION (Vita)

R - Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (Vita), Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 SISTERS GENERATION (Vita)

VR - Skylanders Trap Team (PS3), Final Fantasy XIII

UR - Mugen Souls

Laf852f.png

L9878dd.pngL29e03d.png

L04abed.pngL1acad9.pngL1b4636.png

L967fd6.pngL06d702.pngL85fe25.pngLdff789.png

So whenever you get the chance GarciaFever can you please change the UR, both VR's and Eiyuu Senki to a different title under 10% completion on your profile. Thank you

Personally I've got to agree with MStalker, I don't really like the idea of using an obviously easy game as an UR or VR etc just because it is a new release. I know it's just being smart and taking advantage of the rules but I feel it somewhat defeats the point of the contest in this case and people will spend more time trying to find a loophole than playing as I assume Triicky intended. Either way it's not that big of a deal and I'll go with whatever is decided. 

She would need Batman Telltale to be released before January 1st and then could submit her pyramid whilst it's a fully released game but still ultra rare as the rarity percentages are frozen at the point when you submit the game. If it is released after January 1st then it's not going to be eligible to play.

If that is the case and some of his games are past 10% then yes he's gonna end up having to change them for something else.

It's up to Triicky if s/he wants me to change the games, but as far as I know the rules say any games under 10% are eligible for the Platinum Pyramid, and I have 6 games on it in which I haven't even opened yet (with the exception of Hyperdimension Neptunia  Re;Birth 3 V GENERATIONS, which I do not even own yet).

EDIT: damn. Ok I will change them.

@Shana it's not actually an easy win.

1) I have to start a new playthrough for Final FAntasy XIII seeing as I don't know what weapons I need to collect for the treasure hunter trophy.

2) I have to farm an insane amount of Shampurus for Mugen Souls, which I don't know how long that will take.

3) 6 of the games I have I haven't touched yet, meaning that I have to start a brand new game every time.

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 1

Yeah that's my fault for not being clear about that rule so I apologize. 

Would it be possible if I could switch Bloodborne with Far Cry Primal. It would help me a lot more thanks to the new rule about completeing a full column instead of one game at a time. I would really appreciate it  :)!

Once you submit a pyramid you can no longer change it. I don't want people to constantly make changes to their pyramids all the way to a few days before the start of the season.

Edit:

The only rule I can put for Telltale games such as Batman and other games that have a part by part release for trophies is once the full list of trophies is able to be achieved, you must wait a month before being able to put on your list. So once the last episode for Batman is released, you have to wait 1 month later for it to be eligible to be put in the Platinum Pyramid. Other than this rule I really can't figure out a proper way to handle this.

Edited by Triicky913

Actually, Triicky has said that rarities are locked when you announce your pyramid. So, all anyone would have to do is hope the final episode of Batman is released before Jan 1 and then quickly announce it as your game as soon as someone plats it and before it leaves the UR range. Wouldn't matter if it changed all the way to "Common" by the end of the event. 

EDIT: Damn, just noticed zajac ninja'd me on this point. Should have read all the posts before replying.  :ninja:

Doesn't really matter much to me and hell, the game I currently have picked is around 2 years old and firmly in the UR category but in terms of difficulty some guides give it a 4/10 so it's not like I have much room to talk when it comes to difficulty. Just thought it was weird seeing people pick games like Catherine, Mugen Souls, and then...Telltale Batman. Though it was very clever to think of that and if it qualifies anyone can choose to do that so guess it's not a big deal.

Oh really?  :hmm: Might send you a private message requesting the title of said game. Christmas is coming soon you know, so maybe I'll give this as a gift to myself.  ;)

Edited by MStalker58

Yeah that's my fault for not being clear about that rule so I apologize.

Once you submit a pyramid you can no longer change it. I don't want people to constantly make changes to their pyramids all the way to a few days before the start of the season.

Oh ok. I misinterpreted that rule. I thought you were allowed to change your pyramid up until the start of the event. Guess I'm stuck with an 80 hour uncommon game. Edited by Kent10201

Ok so unfortunately I can't find any games that I own which I can replace on my pyramid. Because of this, I have to drop out of the competition.

EDIT: @Triicky you may want to fix rule number 5 and have it read as followed:

5. The pyramid must consist of 10 games with less than 10% completion rate, and at least 2 of the games must have 0% completion rate.

Edited by GarciaFever

Ok so unfortunately I can't find any games that I own which I can replace on my pyramid. Because of this, I have to drop out of the competition.

EDIT: @Triicky you may want to fix rule number 5 and have it read as followed:

5. The pyramid must consist of 10 games with less than 10% completion rate, and at least 2 of the games must have 0% completion rate.

Fixed it and removed you from the list. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

EDIT: Just noticed I had a rule listed twice lol so fixed that as well. 

Edited by Triicky913

Sounds interesting, I'll give this a go. All games I haven't started yet.

Sf63281.png

S1f366e.pngScd33a5.png

Sb4d7ef.pngS81eb7a.pngSeea326.png

S9eef3c.pngS1be3e1.pngS3e3da1.pngS0f0efa.png

Game                                      Rarity    50th Time
Ultra Rare:
           The Escapists                              4.91%    2 weeks, 3 days
Very Rare:
           Dust: An Elysian Tale                      9.72%    22 hours, 27 minutes
           Tales Of Hearts R                          6.74%    1 week, 1 day
Rare:
           Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2         19.82%    1 week, 2 days
           Grand Theft Auto: Vice City               12.18%    3 days, 17 hours
           Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's     11.86%    5 days, 7 hours
                        Woe And The Blight Below
Common:
           Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse       53.32%    6 hours, 11 minutes
           God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta               38.82%    7 hours, 33 minutes
           Ratchet And Clank (PS4)                   33.19%    1 day, 3 hours
           Everybody's Gone To The Rapture           21.41%    6 hours, 2 minutes           

Sounds interesting, I'll give this a go. All games I haven't started yet.

Sf63281.png

S1f366e.pngScd33a5.png

Sb4d7ef.pngS81eb7a.pngSeea326.png

S9eef3c.pngS1be3e1.pngS3e3da1.pngS0f0efa.png

Game                                      Rarity    50th Time
Ultra Rare:
           The Escapists                              4.91%    2 weeks, 3 days
Very Rare:
           Dust: An Elysian Tale                      9.72%    22 hours, 27 minutes
           Tales Of Hearts R                          6.74%    1 week, 1 day
Rare:
           Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2         19.82%    1 week, 2 days
           Grand Theft Auto: Vice City               12.18%    3 days, 17 hours
           Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's     11.86%    5 days, 7 hours
                        Woe And The Blight Below
Common:
           Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse       53.32%    6 hours, 11 minutes
           God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta               38.82%    7 hours, 33 minutes
           Ratchet And Clank (PS4)                   33.19%    1 day, 3 hours
           Everybody's Gone To The Rapture           21.41%    6 hours, 2 minutes           

You've been added! Thanks for joining!

I'd like to give this a shot. Hopefully my list is acceptable and my main worry is whether Devil May Cry 2 would still be Very Rare.

Ulra Rare:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - 1.70% with 50th time of 2 weeks, 23 hours

Very Rare:

Devil May Cry HD - 7.22% with 50th time of 1 day, 7 hours

Devil May Cry 2 HD - 9.99% with 50th time of 1 day, 9 hours

Rare:

Midway Arcade Origins - 14.07% with 50th time of 8 hours, 13 minutes

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate -  14.08% with 50 time of 9 hours, 41 minutes

Devil May Cry 3 HD - 10.14% with 50th time of 2 days, 19 hours

Uncommon/Common:

Soulcalibur HD Online - 27.17% with 50th time of 17 hours, 49 minutes

Tearaway - 23.70% with 50th time of 14 hours, 39 minutes

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom - 27.77% with 50th time of 1 day, 12 hours

Persona 4 Dancing All Night - 46.04% with 50th time of 20 hours, 51 minutes

Edited by Mendant909
  • Like 1

platinumpyramide.png

I want to participate and these are my games.

Common/Uncommon

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands: 0% | Plat Uncommon (28,32%) | Completed top 50 in 5 h 1 m or less

Virtue's Last Reward: 0% | Plat Uncommon (37,78%) | Completed top 50 in 1 d 19 h or less

Everybodys gone to the Rapture: 0% | Plat Uncommon (21,37%) | Completed top 50 in 6 h 2 m

The Deadly Tower of Monsters: 0% | Plat Uncommon (36,27%) | Completed top 50 in 4 h 42 m

Rare

Resident Evil 0: 0% | Plat Rare (11,14%) | Completed top 50 in 2 d 7 h

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell: 0% | Plat Rare (15,28%) | Completed top 50 in 1 d 9 h

Transistor: 0% | Plat Rare (10,84%) | Completed top 50 in 15 h 1 m

Very Rare

Apotheon: 0% | Plat Very Rare (6,77%) | Completed top 50 in 13 h 39 m

Hotline Miami: 0% | Plat Very Rare (9,65%) | Completed top 50 in 10 h 25 m

Ultra Rare

Bleach Soul Resurrección: 1% | Plat Ultra Rare (3,87%) | Completed top 50 in 2 w 1 d

I'm not 100% sure about VLR, because there's seperate lists for NA and EU. I will play the game for 1 trophy so i'll know it i chose the correct list. The game is still eligble with 31% Uncommon though :D

Only Bleach is in my trophy log so far btw :P:D

Oh and i think it's a good idea that we can choose in which order we finish a game within one row :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

Sounds like an interesting challenge. Unfortunately, I can't join as I have very games with 10% or less completion and until I get more money, I can't buy a lot of games off the cuff. Maybe when Season 2 comes around and I have a source of income. :(

Edited by DetectiveCJ

I'd like to give this a shot. Hopefully my list is acceptable and my main worry is whether Devil May Cry 2 would still be Very Rare.

Ulra Rare:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - 1.70% with 50th time of 2 weeks, 23 hours

Very Rare:

Devil May Cry HD - 7.22% with 50th time of 1 day, 7 hours

Devil May Cry 2 HD - 9.99% with 50th time of 1 day, 9 hours

Rare:

Midway Arcade Origins - 14.07% with 50th time of 8 hours, 13 minutes

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate -  14.08% with 50 time of 9 hours, 41 minutes

Devil May Cry 3 HD - 10.14% with 50th time of 2 days, 19 hours

Uncommon/Common:

Soulcalibur HD Online - 27.17% with 50th time of 17 hours, 49 minutes

Tearaway - 23.70% with 50th time of 14 hours, 39 minutes

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom - 27.77% with 50th time of 1 day, 12 hours

Persona 4 Dancing All Night - 46.04% with 50th time of 20 hours, 51 minutes

platinumpyramide.png

I want to participate and these are my games.

Common/Uncommon

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands: 0% | Plat Uncommon (28,32%) | Completed top 50 in 5 h 1 m or less

Virtue's Last Reward: 0% | Plat Uncommon (37,78%) | Completed top 50 in 1 d 19 h or less

Everybodys gone to the Rapture: 0% | Plat Uncommon (21,37%) | Completed top 50 in 6 h 2 m

The Deadly Tower of Monsters: 0% | Plat Uncommon (36,27%) | Completed top 50 in 4 h 42 m

Rare

Resident Evil 0: 0% | Plat Rare (11,14%) | Completed top 50 in 2 d 7 h

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell: 0% | Plat Rare (15,28%) | Completed top 50 in 1 d 9 h

Transistor: 0% | Plat Rare (10,84%) | Completed top 50 in 15 h 1 m

Very Rare

Apotheon: 0% | Plat Very Rare (6,77%) | Completed top 50 in 13 h 39 m

Hotline Miami: 0% | Plat Very Rare (9,65%) | Completed top 50 in 10 h 25 m

Ultra Rare

Bleach Soul Resurrección: 1% | Plat Ultra Rare (3,87%) | Completed top 50 in 2 w 1 d

Both of you have been added! Thank you for joining! 

• Like 1

So turns out my finals are gonna be from the 3rd to 11th of Jan, then I'll be in Dubai for a week, meaning I won't actually participate till the 19th. Such a shame I really liked the idea of this event but now my winning chances are slim to none, guess I'm gonna pull out this time and wait for season 2

So turns out my finals are gonna be from the 3rd to 11th of Jan, then I'll be in Dubai for a week, meaning I won't actually participate till the 19th. Such a shame I really liked the idea of this event but now my winning chances are slim to none, guess I'm gonna pull out this time and wait for season 2

I'll remove ya from the list, understandable  my friend. Hope you do come back for Season 2! 

Edited by Triicky913