Favorite RPG of All Time.

Beyondthegrave07

Coming from an Amiga & PC background, in rough chronological order - Ultima IV & V, Diablo I & II, Baldur's Gate I & II, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights I & II, Fallout series, Knights of the Old Republic, Elder Scrolls IV & V, Guild Wars and Mass Effect trilogy.

Honorable console mentions - Final Fantasy VII & VIII, Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

After playing the Mass Effect series earlier this year, it set such a high watermark that I'm having a hard time picking up any other RPG.

My fave RPG is also my fave game full stop. Dark Chronicle, AKA Dark Cloud 2. I wish for a HD version.

I also love all the Pokemon games so that counts as my honourable mention, along with Skyrim.

I'm looking forward to Ni No Kuni too, because it's by Level 5, the developers of Dark Chronicle.

Amen.

Is persona 3 FES really that good?!? I've been thinking about getting it for a long time now....

Well, I think its a really great game... I absolutely SUCK at describing things without confusing people, so here's a link with info on the game... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Persona_3

I apologize... :blush::(

PLEASE BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!!

• Like 1

Dragon Warrior on NES, which I spent an unhealthy amount of time playing and replaying as a kid. Not sure if it would hold up if I were to play it again now, as the memory of it is locked in this nostalgic, idyllic place in my mind. There it shall forever stay.

Honorable mentions would be FFIII, Fallout 3, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia.

• Like 1

Well, I think its a really great game... I absolutely SUCK at describing things without confusing people, so here's a link with info on the game... http://en.wikipedia....nsei:_Persona_3

I apologize... :blush::(

PLEASE BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!!

No need to apologize, thanks for the link. I'll definately check it out. I tried to look it up on youtube but I couldn't find any good videos of it. If you know any youtube vids send me a link of those too.

No need to apologize, thanks for the link. I'll definately check it out. I tried to look it up on youtube but I couldn't find any good videos of it. If you know any youtube vids send me a link of those too.

I don't know what you've seen... game play videos and AMVs would obviously be spoiler-ish... (that goes for what I've posted... :P ) I found a couple of trailers uploaded by Atlus themselves... the second one is the Opening to FES... I hope they give you some idea on what the game is about...

• Like 1

I don't know what you've seen... game play videos and AMVs would obviously be spoiler-ish... (that goes for what I've posted... :P ) I found a couple of trailers uploaded by Atlus themselves... the second one is the Opening to FES... I hope they give you some idea on what the game is about...

[media=]

thanks alot!

• 3 weeks later...

This is a tough question... if im only able to pick ONE then its even harder...

I might have to go with White Knight Chronicles 2 (it has both 1 & 2 on the same disk)

Before that i would have to say Final Fantasy 12 (yeah, thats right... 12)

I liked 12 too! Better than 10 imo

• Like 1

I liked 12 too! Better than 10 imo

The problem of final fantasy 12 for me was the combat system, I just couldn't get used to it.

I felt 10 was better because of the story plus it was my first FF experience. 12 had great graphics, and I LOVED the combat system. A little hard to grasp at first but it made sense quickly and worked perfectly. What hurt 12 in my opinion was having the main character you play as (Vaan) be someone that has little to do with the overall story and is kinda useless. Also the story was a little weak, because with FFI, FFII, FFX, FFX-2, FFXIII, and FFXIII-2 (all the ones I've played :P ), as you played the game you knew the goal of what you were fighting for. What the goal of the characters were. With FFXII I'd be sitting there wondering half the time why are they traveling here or what exactly is everyone trying to do. What's the main goal here of this whole game? Speaking of which, I hope they redo FFX-2 and FFXII for the PS3 as well! :D

Speaking of which, I hope they redo FFX-2 and FFXII for the PS3 as well! :D

And FF X too!, for me it was my first final fantasy experience as well, I played a litte of FFVIII in a friend's house ( I never had a psone ) but the first Final Fantasy that I played a lot, and I fell in love with was FFX.