Any guides To this game?

Sooooo, I've used google, lol, and what I've found hasn't helped me with the one trophy I have left......hoping for a few tips maybe......Note: School of Life, I know everything I have to teach the kid (thanks google) but I'm having trouble getting all the way through it due to various setbacks, mostly the kid becoming broken and not able to learn anymore or illness arising for no reason and wiping everyone out lol

8 minutes ago, DerelictSoul said:

Sooooo, I've used google, lol, and what I've found hasn't helped me with the one trophy I have left......hoping for a few tips maybe......Note: School of Life, I know everything I have to teach the kid (thanks google) but I'm having trouble getting all the way through it due to various setbacks, mostly the kid becoming broken and not able to learn anymore or illness arising for no reason and wiping everyone out lol

I never played this game, so I don't know exactly what is expected, but aside from Googling requirements for a trophy, Youtube often also has people showing off how they got the trophy. Not mine, and it has no commentary, but hope this helps!

appreciate the quick response, but no help at all, lol, I've seen that vid too, its good for showing you what you need to teach her but not the best order to build workshops and keep everyone alive at the same time, it's just the things in the herb station that require pure alcohol and the flower garden that I miss out on being able to teach her

4 hours ago, DerelictSoul said:

It's from my guide.

The worst trophy in this game. When you play as a family with at least one child you can teach your kid how to build many things.
To teach a child you will have to build a few workshops. If you have right materials needed to build for example "Fuel" (wood, components or books) you will be able to teach your kid how to do it. Simply press Triangle while highlighting an option which you want to teach a child how to do it. You won't be able to teach a kid anything if he/she will be Sad or worse, Very Hungry or Very Tired.

This is a full list of things you will need to teach your kid when playing This War Of Mine: The Little Ones :

1. Workshop (fully upgraded) - fuel, water filters,
  2. Stove - Raw meat meal, Raw meat & Vegetables meal, fuel (you can teach it here on in Workshop, it doesn't matter),
  3. Rainwater Collector  - you need to teach a kid how to use water filter on it,
  4. Small Animal Trap - use any kind of food on it to teach your kid how to use it,
  5. Improved Herb Garden (fully upgraded) - Manure (any kind will work), Vegetables, Herbs,
  6. Improved Herbal Workbench (fully upgraded) - Cigarette, Tobacco Homemade, Fag (Homemade cigarette), Good Quality Fag, Bandage.
5 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

Could take weeks depending on how much editing needs to be done/volume of guides recently submitted so would recommend patience...play something else while waiting for guide?...

I don't have any problem with that but there are people who would like to use my guide and they can't. I have things to do. Maybe they are just correcting grammar mistakes but they didn't say anything to me. Even about if my guide is okay or not. Nothing. Not cool.

• Like 1

How it goes...welcome to guide writing...would you rather they spend their time writing all the guide writers to give them feedback or just work on publishing them?...seems the latter would be the shortest path from a, submitting a guide, and b, having it published...i think it also says this within the guide writing tutorial thread...patience a virtue...that being said, great that you're helping out in the meantime...

On 1/8/2017 at 0:16 PM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I love these threads, because they pop up so often, and like mentioned before, Google exists. If this site doesn't have a guide, why not write one when you're finished with the game, or even as you're playing it, so that everything is fresh?

Agreed.

PST.org most likely has a trophy guide and roadmap for this game, but you know lazy people would rather get spoonfed with the info that they need instead of actually exerting effort to search for one. It's just funny to see people who have been using the internet for at least a year and still doesn't know how to google first. smh

Edited by ipot_04

On 09.01.2017. at 6:59 PM, DerelictSoul said:

appreciate the quick response, but no help at all, lol, I've seen that vid too, its good for showing you what you need to teach her but not the best order to build workshops and keep everyone alive at the same time, it's just the things in the herb station that require pure alcohol and the flower garden that I miss out on being able to teach her

I got school of life, no more tears, back from the brink and the 'save adult from lethal wounds'  + some others in one go.
Just do your own story, I recommend Marko (Scavanger), Roman (Attacks/Guards), Zlata (Happiness + play guitar) and a child. do 40/50 days to be sure, you can do it without winter and put the figthing intensity or whatever the difficulty in called on Mild/Easy. You can pick which areas appear on the map (I chose the minimum to get the 'We've been everywhere...' achievement).
so pick a lot of those with no or small amount of enemies - Shelled and Abandones Cottage, Displaced-something flat (easy knife one armed girl), Supermarket (save girl for karma + get an easy assault rifle), Gas station, Construction site, Church, Quiet House (old people live lot's of meds and bad karma if you need it to break someone) etc. Around day 20 i had almost all the stuff save the upgraded vegetable table and child boded with Zlata.

When you start focus on wood and scrap to board up house, build 3 beds, upgraded door and food. Only feed adults on 2nd day of Very Hungry they get back up to Hungry and then you have another 4 days before feeding. IMPORTANT TOO upgrade the stove as soon as possible to make cooking more efficient

To keep the Child happy and learning have her make toys (require teddy bears), don't work her at all, feed her every time she gets hungry (goes up to well-fed makes her happier too) and have her play around until she is content. Also talk to her bonded adult (Zlata - my case) every day before you go out. HaserPL posted above me what the child needs to learn so do that gradually.

You don't need to build the moonshine distillery or medical distillery as you will both find it or get it from neighbour missions. By day 20-25 she should know everything the last thing I did with her (Child being Kalina War Orphan) was bandages. After that I had Zlata Killed to have her depressed and had her unfed and sleeping on the floor (makes you feel like a dick huh?) for a few days until she was broken. Talk to her with Marko (has good compassion traits), keep her well fed every day (you should have enough food), and play with every toy each day when she gets to SAD. *Ding now you have 'No more tears'. I also had Bruno come in around day 35 since Zlata died and he was 'severly wounded' have him sleep on the floor and guard until he gets 'lethally wounded' then bandage, sleep in bed, well fed every day until recovery if you need that trophy too.

I accidentaly left a severe moderately long winter and still had 10+ bandages, both meds, body armors, AK's etc. to play around with. No winter also means you don't need to build/upgrade furnace and less people getting sick. With a huge surplus of meds and weapons you can trade them for anything you need like alcohol, vegetables, herbs or anything you need to craft with the child. But I assure you you'll find some on the way just don't sell them. Tip: Mousetraps are a very good source of raw food

Remember adults go per day hungry>hungry>very hungry>very hungry>starved they suffer no major penalties until starved so feed them every 2nd day of very hungry. Child you feed when it's hungry. Build enough beds so everyone but the scavager has a place to sleep. Keep Roman on Guard or someone at all times. If you need +/- karma have Roman Kill a few people (his psych can take it) or save some spots where you can gain it (save girl at supermarket/feed homeless at dilapidated building/kill snipers at construction site/help neighbours...)

Hope this helps

• Like 2

@HaserPL Your guide was incredibly helpful. I just got the platinum yesterday.

I don't know if this was the case for anyone else, but I got First Blood without killing anyone--it was after Katia got attacked when I was stealing. I didn't attack with her, she got shot or hit as I was running away. 

1 minute ago, KiraxKira said:

I don't know if this was the case for anyone else, but I got First Blood without killing anyone--it was after Katia got attacked when I was stealing. I didn't attack with her, she got shot or hit as I was running away. 

Thanks :). And yes, this mainly because as you could see, trophies don't have an exact details how to unlock them. I was writing my guide by looking at my platinum trophy x2 and 100% on steam. And in all this 3 cases I got this trophy after killing an enemy. As I said, I'm going for this platinum 3rd time just to check this kind of rumors about trophies. I want to check if they are just as helpful as regular tips. Just like this trophy with making an armchair. I got it 3 times by only making armchair but a couple of people said to me that they had to make a radio and guitar for this trophy. I'm glad that my guide was helpful :).

11 hours ago, KiraxKira said:

I think it may just count you entering 'combat' or 'confrontation' i also got it while stealing a man turned hostile and came towards and i just ran away and still got it. Didn't even have a weapon/tool with me

16 hours ago, HaserPL said:

if you have any problems check out my guide. I'm working currently on third platinum to confirme some rumors about trophies.

I see it now, thanks. 

Just to confirm, I got Creature Comforts without the guitar...only armchair and radio.

Edited by Gryfter