Servers are currently down

WorldsBestSpy

36 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

@Powerflank 

I remember when I made this post (January 2017) I think you could still do those modes regardless if the servers were online..... but back then the Top Spin 4 servers were not going to be shutdown, they were simply down because something @2k 

Ok, well then I may as well give up...

Ok, so i searching on a public Player Match right now. So atleast that works.

Server is not down yet, i can confirm.

Edit: Leaderboards and Rankings are still there, and Player Match works pretty much everything in that mode. (host a custom match).

Edit: 2: World Tour, 2K open, they both don't work. So 2 out of 4 modes are down.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

That's why 2K is the worst company if it comes to online servers and stuff.

That's a good joke. Sony is. They're one of the richest companies in the industry and yet they shut down servers left right and centre as if they are struggling financially. They do give 3 month warnings at least, but the rate at which they shut down their games (including pretty much every PS3 flagship title, and indeed the most sold PS3 game of all time, Gran turismo 5) is nothing short of laughable.

• Like 1

You still can get:

- Tennis teacher - Win an online singles match (3 sets of 3 games / Super Tie-Break) without losing a game.

- Tennis elbow - Lose an online singles match (3 sets of 3 games / Super Tie-Break) without winning a game.

So, if you have those not earned yet, go get them now.

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Ok, so i searching on a public Player Match right now. So atleast that works.

Server is not down yet, i can confirm.

Edit: Leaderboards and Rankings are still there, and Player Match works pretty much everything in that mode. (host a custom match).

Edit: 2: World Tour, 2K open, they both don't work. So 2 out of 4 modes are down.

Sounds weird...how is it possible that some playable features are still available? The servers are not officially down then ?

I'll keep hoping for an incredible Sunday comeback ?

Edited by Powerflank
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Powerflank said:

Sounds weird...how is it possible that some playable features are still available? The servers are not officially down then 1f914.png

I'll keep hoping for an incredible Sunday comeback 1f602.png

I also posted on your topic at the 2K website, and also sended 2K David a PM the guy that announced the shutdown on the web page. Lets see what comes out. To be continued..

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Its a bit stupid to shut them down now, stupid online trophies. I missed out on the Grand Slam Tennis 2 online trophies when those servers went offline. The reason Player Match still works is probably because its p2p and not server based? 

It could be P2P. But it could be also that the MP is plugged in 2 different servers. They announced that all 4 modes are gonna be unavailable on 15 April. So, there might be still a chance World Tour goes online like before.

Edit: I got a response back, from 2K. And they say they don't know what is going on with the server. I told them, If they can contact the company that is running or owning these rights from the server for Top Spin 4. I have no idea who that is.

But it is strange for sure.

And that is it for now, no answer back yet. But a new ticket has been sended again.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

Guys I won't be available to play much during the weekend so please if the servers are magically working on Sunday let us know here.

Tag me here in the thread or send me a psn message. My id is Ronie-Pato. I'll connect if there's a chance to play on Sunday.

40 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

If it doesn't come back on Sunday, than there is another black week coming up. But by the looks of it, World Tour might stay off for good. But, things are still possible that it can come back eventually. The question is when?

I don't know man, 2k are not replying in any way. The situation is a bit confused, some online trophies are achievable, some are not so I really don't know what to think.

I also strongly doubt that on Sunday WORLD TOUR will be online but the fact that the servers are not completely down give me some hope...

Hi everyone! Finally an update from 2k. I noticed that in order to access your 2k request (if you submitted one) you must register to the 2k support website which is different from the 2k forums. If you submitted a request you can ask for a password. I'll post a screenshot here:

u3riTh8.jpg

Here instead you can see the reply I got from a 2k guy:

TKfE7EC.jpg

I'm not sure Sony would actually be able to unlock potential trophies for us.

59 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

if-it-dies.jpg

Seriously...

But it hasn't died yet so it makes no sense! You can still get 2 online trophies as of now, it's the other modes that are offline.

Stupid 2k just don't care to reply...

14 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

Whilst Sony could theoretically unlock a trophy remotely for us, they won't do it for the simple reason they don't care about them and never have.

Ehm...I've already said the servers are NOT completely down.

Player match as well as ranking/leaderboards are still available. It's just 2k Open and World Tour that are down.

8 minutes ago, Powerflank said:

Ehm...I've already said the servers are NOT completely down.

Player match as well as ranking/leaderboards are still available. It's just 2k Open and World Tour that are down.

I know the servers aren't completely down :), I was just talking generally about how Sony could remote pop these trophies if they wanted to but they won't because they don't care.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

I know the servers aren't completely down :), I was just talking generally about how Sony could remote pop these trophies if they wanted to but they won't because they don't care.

I’m pretty sure they can’t actually. But even if they could, why should they? You haven’t earned the trophy legitimately. It’s not sony’s Fault you didn’t earn the trophies in the ten years the game has been out. Makes me laugh when people cry about server closures. Expecting all servers on all games to stay up forever is ridiculous. Anyone who is a member on this site knows that pretty much all ps3 games are in danger now and have been for a while. If you didn’t get it done then sorry, suck it up and move on. Just like I have with multiple games I just couldn’t be bothered to get to in time. 

• Like 1