Square Enix and Marvel Announce The Avengers Project

Xel

5 hours ago, hugglebunn-e said:

I think I recall there being some sort of copyright issues with Parasite Eve. Did you every play 3rd Birthday?

I heard that too, I think that they theoretically could do something new with the series, but use a different name, much like 3rd Birthday, which I did not really care for. 

So....Marvel RPG?

Edited by TheAveryChu

Oh my gosh, I love Baymax! Big Hero 6 is a cool movie, but at any rate, it's not what this is about,  and this concept as announced today is Avengers, and who knows what they'll do, that's part of the hype, everyone gets excited at the possibilities, and only some of them will be happy in the end.

1 hour ago, dysphasic said:

I'm happy for crystal dynamics. TR and RoTR are good games with strong gameplay. I can only hope thought that they'll get better writers for these games. The stories in the tomb raider games were weak. 

Rhianna Pratchett, who did the story for TR2013 and RoTR, won't be working on the third game.

tbh, although I do think the story was incredibly weak in both games, I don't think it's her fault - she had an interview recently where she talked about how she had to try and write the plot around the gameplay elements that had already been decided upon by the developers, which made what she was capable of actually writing very limited. 

And if this is the case, I don't have much hope for the story regardless of who is writing it.

5 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

This about a Mix of KH and Star wars....

3 hours ago, Arkthur said:

Just saying this once, a Marvel/Star Wars Rebels world in Kh3 would be awesome. I mean, we even got Pirates in KH2, and that worked.

Never forget: Darth Xemnas and the mysterious jedi:

Spoiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor xemnasAfbeeldingsresultaat voor mysterious figure birth

Also that Pirates of the Caribbean world was a huge fail imo.

4 hours ago, madbuk said:

Rhianna Pratchett, who did the story for TR2013 and RoTR, won't be working on the third game.

tbh, although I do think the story was incredibly weak in both games, I don't think it's her fault - she had an interview recently where she talked about how she had to try and write the plot around the gameplay elements that had already been decided upon by the developers, which made what she was capable of actually writing very limited. 

And if this is the case, I don't have much hope for the story regardless of who is writing it.

Well that wasn't an optimistic read. Interesting yet sad. Can't really fault the writer then if she didn't the chance of utilizing her full writing abilities if she was so limited by external factors. At least the game play elements will be good. I'm just hoping for a story that utilizes the extent of the marvel universe and not just a bland rehash using elements and tropes already seen in the movies. 

14 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Never forget: Darth Xemnas and the mysterious jedi:

Hide contents

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor xemnasAfbeeldingsresultaat voor mysterious figure birth

Also that Pirates of the Caribbean world was a huge fail imo.

And indeed i preferred fighting him in the others forms xD There was basically Avoid, Find the space for a Small combo, repeat...

While the other in BBS i don't even remember him xD

Meh i liked Pirates of carabbean, was not the usual stuff but was really funny, and was 1 out of KH 1-2, CoM or BBS (Or even in 0.2 and 3D)? So It was Fine, i just don't want any Superhero world (Already Big hero 6 Ugh at least there is even Rapunzel which is in KH style) Or Space Battles (And even here indeed Stitch's world is probably the one i like less from BBS)...

16 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

Hope it's not a fighting game like Injustice. I remember being excited after seeing that trailer and being dissapointed after finding out it was just a fighting game, lol.

Oh, good call. Given the massive number of heroes that have been Avengers throughout the years, a fighting game makes a lot of sense.

13 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

And indeed i preferred fighting him in the others forms xD There was basically Avoid, Find the space for a Small combo, repeat...

While the other in BBS i don't even remember him xD

Meh i liked Pirates of carabbean, was not the usual stuff but was really funny, and was 1 out of KH 1-2, CoM or BBS (Or even in 0.2 and 3D)? So It was Fine, i just don't want any Superhero world (Already Big hero 6 Ugh at least there is even Rapunzel which is in KH style) Or Space Battles (And even here indeed Stitch's world is probably the one i like less from BBS)...

I really hated that button-mashing sequence at the end. The Mysterious Figure in Birth by Sleep was that cheap boss in Land of Departure. Finally managed to beat him with Terra and his crappy dodge yesterday :dance: .

Stitch's world was also the one I liked the least in BbS. I'd love to see a world based on Atlantis, Darkwing Duck, and Treasure Planet movies.

4 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I really hated that button-mashing sequence at the end. The Mysterious Figure in Birth by Sleep was that cheap boss in Land of Departure. Finally managed to beat him with Terra and his crappy dodge yesterday :dance: .

Stitch's world was also the one I liked the least in BbS. I'd love to see a world based on Atlantis, Darkwing Duck, and Treasure Planet movies.

Really it was fine if it was for some seconds but it lasts like 30-40 seconds, the first time after years i forgot it lasted so long i losed there....

Yeah Still i don't remembere it, either i still haven't thought him or the other Secret boss in the Cementary is in my mind because is more of a Bitch to defeat xD

Mmm No Darwing Duck no, is always heroes i don't think this kind of worlds could be good in KH. Instead Treasure planet definitevely would be really cool! Same for Toy Story or the Aristocats as Worlds where Sora changes form or Dumbo or The One Hundred and One Dalmatians or Lady and the Tramp in that regards, there are plenty of Words we haven't seen especially with Characters that could be summoned in KH1... Even Some old Worlds Back in a "second Chapter", let's take Sticht, Having it on the Island with Lilo and the normal Movie story would much much cooler and funnier than the one in BBS.

Thinking there are tons of amazing worlds to add but what i really fear it's to see just the most rceent Dinesy Movies one which aren't so great as the old ones...

6 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

Really it was fine if it was for some seconds but it lasts like 30-40 seconds, the first time after years i forgot it lasted so long i losed there....

Yeah Still i don't remembere it, either i still haven't thought him or the other Secret boss in the Cementary is in my mind because is more of a Bitch to defeat xD

Mmm No Darwing Duck no, is always heroes i don't think this kind of worlds could be good in KH. Instead Treasure planet definitevely would be really cool! Same for Toy Story or the Aristocats as Worlds where Sora changes form or Dumbo or The One Hundred and One Dalmatians or Lady and the Tramp in that regards, there are plenty of Words we haven't seen especially with Characters that could be summoned in KH1... Even Some old Worlds Back in a "second Chapter", let's take Sticht, Having it on the Island with Lilo and the normal Movie story would much much cooler and funnier than the one in BBS.

Thinking there are tons of amazing worlds to add but what i really fear it's to see just the most rceent Dinesy Movies one which aren't so great as the old ones...

Lol, this is the boss:

I'm totally expecting Frozen and Brave to be in KH3 too. 

2 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Lol, this is the boss:

I'm totally expecting Frozen and Brave to be in KH3 too. 

AH yeah i Kinda remember this fight i don't know if i already beated him or not :hmm: Yep i don't have the trophy for it, i should have lost when i tried then xD

Well hoenstly i didn't watched Frozen but as a Kinda of Atlantica World Style where you sing and do Mini-Games it would totally be fine for me after or we listened at everyhting about the Little mermaid world :P

And Brave i liked it as movie, and it could really work honestly in KH maybe making the Mother or the father a heartless to save? It could be cool!!!!
I'm more scared to see stuff liek Kung fu panda or Cars or Zootropolis or Inside out. This, This are games i definitevely don't see them work in KH!!!!

17 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

Hope it's not a fighting game like Injustice. I remember being excited after seeing that trailer and being dissapointed after finding out it was just a fighting game, lol.

I'm hoping this too! I have played nearly every Marvel game on PS3 and PS4, except for the fighting ones, cause I don't like fighting games, so I am hoping this isn't one of them!

26 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

AH yeah i Kinda remember this fight i don't know if i already beated him or not :hmm: Yep i don't have the trophy for it, i should have lost when i tried then xD

Well hoenstly i didn't watched Frozen but as a Kinda of Atlantica World Style where you sing and do Mini-Games it would totally be fine for me after or we listened at everyhting about the Little mermaid world :P

And Brave i liked it as movie, and it could really work honestly in KH maybe making the Mother or the father a heartless to save? It could be cool!!!!
I'm more scared to see stuff liek Kung fu panda or Cars or Zootropolis or Inside out. This, This are games i definitevely don't see them work in KH!!!!

I've seen Frozen and it's a musical instead of a movie. The plot isn't fleshed out, because there's a song every 2 minutes. The mom becoming a heartless in Brave could work. Kung Fu Panda will probably never make it to KH, because Disney doesn't own the rights to it. That one is from Dreamworks. I don't know Zootropolis and Inside Out, but I also prefer Cars not to be in it, unless it's a mini-game world.

I don't really understand why people are worried that this is going to be a fighting game or even a MMORPG for that matter. Marvel has stated that their new direction with video games is to be very picky when choosing what developers to work with and on what type of projects and properties. They want to select the best developers in their specific fields or genres and pair the developers with a property and style that makes sense.

So far, they have Telltale making Guardians of the Galaxy (which will obviously be a typical Telltale game) and Insomniac for the new Spider-Man game which looks like it fits in with Insomniac's style of games. Considering that Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal are making this game, I'm guessing it will be at least vaguely similar to games they've worked on like Tomb Raider and Deus Ex. This could be something similar to the Batman Arkham games for the Avengers and the Marvel Universe. I would be very surprised if it was a fighting game though. If Marvel wants a fighting game, I would think that they'll find a developer with experience making fighting games.

Guess we'll find out more in 2018. :|

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I've seen Frozen and it's a musical instead of a movie. The plot isn't fleshed out, because there's a song every 2 minutes. The mom becoming a heartless in Brave could work. Kung Fu Panda will probably never make it to KH, because Disney doesn't own the rights to it. That one is from Dreamworks. I don't know Zootropolis and Inside Out, but I also prefer Cars not to be in it, unless it's a mini-game world.

Well then it could be definetively perfect as Song Minigame World to Replace Antartica xD

Yeah it would be Cool with a Bear Kinda Heartless that possesed her and we have to beat him and save her!

Really? Ah i wasn't sure of that that's why, cool, i like Kung Fu Panda as Movies but in KH would not Fit that well in my opinion.

Oh Cars it would be horrible even in Mini-Games, we already have the gummiships please xD 

Even Bambi Would be Cool and Sad to see as a World!

41 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

I don't really understand why people are worried that this is going to be a fighting game or even a MMORPG for that matter. Marvel has stated that their new direction with video games is to be very picky when choosing what developers to work with and on what type of projects and properties. They want to select the best developers in their specific fields or genres and pair the developers with a property and style that makes sense.

How does that preclude that this is a fighting game? Like I said, Avengers makes good sense as a fighting game.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

How does that preclude that this is a fighting game? Like I said, Avengers makes good sense as a fighting game.

I'm not saying it is impossible, just that I think it is highly unlikely that this specific project is a fighting game. Why would they team up with Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal to make a fighting game? Let me use some other developers as an example. If Naughty Dog announced a new project, would people assume it is a RPG? Would you team up with Codemasters or Polyphony (known for racing games) and ask them to make a FPS? Or sign a deal with Telltale and expect a racing game? 

Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal are known for games like Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Legacy of Kain, and Thief. With that history, I think it's more likely that this game will be an action game with cinematic and story elements. Sure there would probably be an element of fighting, but I don't see these companies making a straight up fighter like Injustice, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat or anything like that. I agree that the Avengers make sense as a fighting game and Marvel might do that too, but I would think they would choose a developer with fighting game experience to work on that. As for this project, I just don't see the logic in using these developers to make a fighter. 

• Like 1