Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Yaay! I got the console without issues! It's quite pretty. The package included a download code for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I also got a matching carrying case. Now in case I die due to a COVID-19 infection, at least I had the chance to play ACNH. 

deae5532b7985a7d928f834994bff62a8feda29c.jpg  6c90ecc15349d73f90324c5a43324f17a33a2d3a.jpg

What did you people name your island and which starting villagers did you get? 

I named my island Sapienza (after my favorite Hitman level) and my first animals were Hazel and Tank. Tank has lived in my New Leaf town too at some point. I'm prepared with some amiibo cards so I can get my favorite villager Poppy to move to Sapienza.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Yaay! I got the console without issues! It's quite pretty. The package included a download code for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I also got a matching carrying case. Now in case I die due to a COVID-19 infection, at least I had the chance to play ACNH. 

deae5532b7985a7d928f834994bff62a8feda29c.jpg  6c90ecc15349d73f90324c5a43324f17a33a2d3a.jpg

What did you people name your island and which starting villagers did you get? 

I named my island Sapienza (after my favorite Hitman level) and my first animals were Hazel and Tank. Tank has lived in my New Leaf town too at some point. I'm prepared with some amiibo cards so I can get my favorite villager Poppy to move to Sapienza.

Congrats on the New Horizon Switch! Love the colors and design. My island is named Sunnydale becus I am a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer...my first two animals are Lyman and Diva. Not a huge fan of either one but they are both sweet. Love your island name!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sunnydaleAlumni said:

Congrats on the New Horizon Switch! Love the colors and design. My island is named Sunnydale becus I am a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer...my first two animals are Lyman and Diva. Not a huge fan of either one but they are both sweet. Love your island name!

Sunnydale is a very cute name! Lyman has a nice color scheme and as for Diva, I personally like uchi villagers a lot.
I was very happy when I got Hazel to my town as squirrels are maybe my favorite AC animals, Hazel is also uchi and her colors are pleasing to the eye. 

My desert island life is off to a good start. Today I'm getting my own house and Blathers will set up his museum tent. My 2nd day ended to this funny screencap (peach is my island's native fruit): 

b804eb002b7b8800a3afd24bbb3ccd566c5cf926

By the way, if you have Animal Crossing Pocket Scam (the mobile game) and have linked it to your Nintendo Account, you can get some extra DLC content to New Horizons. Here's instructions on how to redeem the DLC: https://ac-pocketcamp.com/en-US/site/horizons 

• Like 1

Been working on my sword/Shield Pokemon teams in preparation for online competitive mode... I'm going to try and climb the ladder to masterball rank in doubles and maybe singles too.

I think I have a good idea of what I want to do with my team, I just need to hypertrain/EV train a few more mons.

I'm thinking for doubles:

Whimsicott

Arcanine

Corviknight

Milotic

Rotom-W

Darmanitan

Arcanine/Darmanitan as sweepers, Corviknight/Milotic as Stallers, Whimsicott as my setup/bufferer, and Rotom as my setup/annoyer.

For Singles, I'm thinking of going either speed or Super-tanky so we'll see what happens. So far, I might just use Aegislash, Darmanitan, Cloyster, Umbreon, Manetric, and Gastrodon and go from there. I think I want to get a Drifblim or Corsola in there, but I don't exactly have that team planned out yet.

Anyways, if anyone wants to Wi-Fi battle me, add me on Switch and let me know here. I'd love to get some practice in besides battle tower since their setups are too predictable.

• Like 1

Animal Crossing: New Horizons broke all Switch launch records in Japan, selling 1.88 million copies at retail in 3 days.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/03/animal-crossing-new-horizons-sold-1-88-million-retail-copies-in-first-three-days-in-japan

Not terribly surprised by the sales really. It's a fantastic game. Eager to see how the game has performed in other regions. 

The museum opened on my island (and husbando's island) yesterday and we were amazed by its design. Especially the fossil rooms were impressive and I didn't even have many things on display yet.

Big news about reportedly a ton of Mario remasters and rereleases coming to the Switch.

Article here

Personally I'm looking forward to playing the 3D World games, which I've never played. And I'll probably buy Super Mario 64 again. Maybe they'll offer some kind of huge bundle pack at a discount? Then again, it's Nintendo, so that's probably wishful thinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Big news about reportedly a ton of Mario remasters and rereleases coming to the Switch.

Article here

Personally I'm looking forward to playing the 3D World games, which I've never played. And I'll probably buy Super Mario 64 again. Maybe they'll offer some kind of huge bundle pack at a discount? Then again, it's Nintendo, so that's probably wishful thinking.

I hope this is true. I never had a GameCube so I really want to play Super Mario Sunshine. I'd definitely pay $30-40 to play it too. I've played Super Mario 64 enough to where I don't think I'd purchase it again for a 3rd time, but I also need a good reason to ditch the N64 and this would be a start. Haha.

As for Galaxies, I wasn't a huge fan of them on the Wii so I'd take a pass most likely on those, but if they were all bundled for $60, I'd probably jump (pun intended) on it.

So... I keep hearing about Hollow Knight and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Hollow Knight is '8th Hardest Nintendo Switch game' according to GameFAQs. I don't like playing anything difficult. Is it seriously that hard?

As far as Xenoblade Chronicles... it's not because of Smash Ultimate I promise. lol. It's actually because I keep seeing people talk about it. But the 'time shenanigans' turns me away because that's what seems to have ruined the Kingdom Hearts series. But I obviously know nothing about it.

Feel free to attempt to convince me otherwise I suppose.

Edited by SelectiveGamer

5 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

So... I keep hearing about Hollow Knight and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Hollow Knight is '8th Hardest Nintendo Switch game' according to GameFAQs. I don't like playing anything difficult. Is it seriously that hard?

Boss battles are hard and it's difficult towards the beginning, but once you get a handle on it, it's not THAT bad and is totally worth it. Platforming can be challenging, but there's usually a reward at the end of it and usually isn't required to beat the game. Jumps are floaty so it's pretty easy to control.

If you just want to beat the game, it's not that bad. If you're doing all the challenges... Well, RIP. Those are ridiculously hard.

On 3/31/2020 at 11:14 AM, MythRaider1994 said:

Does anyone who has Animal Crossing: New Horizons want to trade some fruit with me? I wanna plant some cherry and apple trees in my village!

Add me, I can help you if you still need it. I have all fruits, but my main is cherries.

SW-0067-1215-0826.

On 05/04/2020 at 2:45 PM, charxsetsuna said:

So cooking mama came out and then got deleted, I would guess at censorship but firstly it's a cooking mama game not hentai and Nintendo doesnt really censor anything nowadays so It has me really curious.

Possibly a game-breaking bug the developer needs to fix before it's allowed to be sold on eShop again? I've heard Nintendo has pulled some other games in the past because of bugs or exploits. 
Another thing could be some kind of legal issues relating to the game's contents, such as someone claiming rights to music or graphical assets. I'm curious to know the reason as well. 

Played a demo to one Cooking Mama game on 3DS some years ago and the controls didn't function very well, so I'll have to see reviews and play a demo to see if the game is even playable. Seems like a nice idea for a game because I'm a sucker for food and cooking in games.

I'm on vacation and I booted up Animal Crossing: New Horizons at 12:30 to "check the turnip prices". Next thing I know it's 17:30 and I realized it would be a great moment to go out for a walk, so I saved and quit the game. Almost got my shoes on and noticed it's raining. It was a fine sunny day earlier. Oh, the curse of Animal Crossing...

Anyone here playing Animal Crossing?  I ordered it from Best Buy the other day, and started playing it over the Easter break.

Honestly wasn't expecting much from it... these life/building sim games usually aren't for me.  Get enough of that in real life.  But... with real life on hold due to the virus, I find myself caring about my new little virtual island a bit more. :) It's so simple and fun, and kinda addicting.  Where other games a part of me dreads turning them on anticipating the next boss or level I can't beat, or the next puzzle I can't solve... Animal Crossing has been a treat to turn on the last few days, and will probably be a staple in the morning or after work (from home) for a bit going forward.  You can't really mess up in it and its fun to see what new/different little things get introduced each day and around the holidays.

I wouldn't mind trying some of the online features and island visiting (though mine isn't much yet).  I'm guessing for it to work, if anyone is interested, you probably need my friend code... SW-7658-0926-8673

Feel free to add me, for Animal Crossing or whatever other reason you might have! :D

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Anyone here playing Animal Crossing?  I ordered it from Best Buy the other day, and started playing it over the Easter break.

Honestly wasn't expecting much from it... these life/building sim games usually aren't for me.  Get enough of that in real life.  But... with real life on hold due to the virus, I find myself caring about my little virtual island a bit more. :) It's so simple and fun, and kinda addicting.  Where other games a part of me dreads turning them on anticipating the next boss or level I can't beat, or the next puzzle I can't solve... Animal Crossing has been a treat to turn on the last few days, and will probably be a staple in the morning or after work (from home) for a bit going forward.  You can't really mess up in it and its fun to see what new/different little things get introduced each day and around the holidays.

I wouldn't mind trying some of the online features and island visiting (though mine isn't much yet).  I'm guessing for it to work, if anyone is interested, you probably need my friend code... SW-7658-0926-8673

Feel free to add me, for Animal Crossing or whatever other reason you might have! :D

I think I already have you added, but I could help you get some fruits or whatever if you're missing anything.

My island is honestly just starting to shape up a bit. I have a personal flower garden with an elegant fence around it and a monument to Godzilla with flowers planted around it. I also have a playground area starting up too and I'm starting to get several villagers moving in too. 

I plan to make orchards at some point for each type of fruit once I am able to start shaping my own island and everyone has a spot for their home.

4 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think I already have you added, but I could help you get some fruits or whatever if you're missing anything.

My island is honestly just starting to shape up a bit. I have a personal flower garden with an elegant fence around it and a monument to Godzilla with flowers planted around it. I also have a playground area starting up too and I'm starting to get several villagers moving in too. 

I plan to make orchards at some point for each type of fruit once I am able to start shaping my own island and everyone has a spot for their home.

Is the process of visiting islands complicated?  I may need to add you still, but I'd totally like to check out other peoples islands... if not just to see that stuff and for some ideas. :)

I think I only have pear trees at the moment. xD

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

Is the process of visiting islands complicated?  I may need to add you still, but I'd totally like to check out other peoples islands... if not just to see that stuff and for some ideas. :)

I think I only have pear trees at the moment. xD

As long as you have them on your friend's list and he/she is online and set their island to public, you can visit it whenever. To do so, just go to the airport and ask to go to another friend's island "far away." It'll search your friend's list to see who is set to public and is online and give you choices.

It's automatically set to private, but I'll start setting mine to public so friends can join.

I just sent you a friend request. ID just says C.J.

On 05/04/2020 at 2:45 PM, charxsetsuna said:

So cooking mama came out and then got deleted, I would guess at censorship but firstly it's a cooking mama game not hentai and Nintendo doesnt really censor anything nowadays so It has me really curious.

It has now been confirmed by the IP holder that it was legal issues causing Cooking Mama: Cookstar's disappearance. The developer has published the game without the IP holder's approval and apparently even attempts to make an unauthorized/unlicensed PS4 version. Wow. :blink: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/04/cooking_mamas_ip_holder_evaluating_legal_options_after_unauthorized_release_of_cookstar

On another note, I downloaded the Disaster Report 4 demo on Switch the other day and found it pretty appealing. Considering getting the game on Switch / PC / PS4 once the price drops a bit.