Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

5 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

Maybe Tetris? Or a driving game, Fast RMX for example (that’s the first switch game I bought, so there are probably more options by now)

Is there a proper tetris game on switch? Only one i found was tetris 99 and i would prefer a single player one

i also thought about rayman legenda but after i played borderlands on handheld mode i realized how inaccurate the sticks can beand worry a little about that now for more difficult games

some experiences on that would be nice to hear^^
i bought enter the gungeon onps4 instead of switch for that reasons

are bullet hells well playable? Are maybe my joycons just alread broken?

Edited by Ich1994-1994

1 hour ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

Can anyone recoomend a switch game to me that is nice to play in short sessions? I often sit there and think about what i should play next and like to have something That i can play while thinking

on ps4 it was resogun und psvita i had lumines

i would be really in the mood for somethinglike that
Fast gane i can get into fast, doesnt need any story or curscenes or all that stuff but some kind of challange would be nice

if that matters i purely play in handheld mode

my dock is still in its packaging

Mr. DRILLER DrillLand is a great game for short play sessions. It's an arcadey action puzzle game and offers a proper challenge. 
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Mr-DRILLER-DrillLand-1749058.html

Happy New Year, everyone! Had my husband visit my island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons and we participated in the New Year's countdown event. Very fun and impressively made content. I guess I was so stunned that I didn't even remember to get a video of it.
Got some serious Hitman vibes from the event... 

aa3fdd7b77f9f08af399df065a7056ab72d5b04e.jpg73cd321d2a06614bc5cfbc264eaf3a664188a312.jpga333f2b33e7831bae7e59898ba3e20b638838558

I mentioned earlier that I found my old Nintendo Game & Watch from 1986 at my parents' house. Bought some batteries for it and it still works perfectly after all these years!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

Can anyone recoomend a switch game to me that is nice to play in short sessions? I often sit there and think about what i should play next and like to have something That i can play while thinking

on ps4 it was resogun und psvita i had lumines

i would be really in the mood for somethinglike that
Fast gane i can get into fast, doesnt need any story or curscenes or all that stuff but some kind of challange would be nice

if that matters i purely play in handheld mode

my dock is still in its packaging

Crypt of the Necrodancer is a good, fun challenges that can be played in small spurts and is really challenging. If you are wanting a Nintendo switch exclusive, there's Cadence of Hyrule which is the same thing, but Zelda themed. I think both fit the bill.

I also think Baba is You would be a good game as well. It's not very graphically pleasing, but it's essentially a game with a ton of creative puzzles to solve and can be played in short spurts.

There's probably a few other games that would work well, but if you are wanting something that you can literally pick up for 10 minutes and have little to no story, these definitely work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Crypt of the Necrodancer is a good, fun challenges that can be played in small spurts and is really challenging. If you are wanting a Nintendo switch exclusive, there's Cadence of Hyrule which is the same thing, but Zelda themed. I think both fit the bill.

I also think Baba is You would be a good game as well. It's not very graphically pleasing, but it's essentially a game with a ton of creative puzzles to solve and can be played in short spurts.

There's probably a few other games that would work well, but if you are wanting something that you can literally pick up for 10 minutes and have little to no story, these definitely work.

Baba Is You is a brilliant game and its difficulty ramps up at later levels. Played it for 65 hours (+ 76 hours on PC) and still haven't solved all the puzzles. 
I also forgot to point out earlier that any game can easily be played in short bursts on Switch - just press the power button once, the console goes to sleep mode and the game goes into a suspended state. Then when you're ready to continue, just press a button again and you're right where you left off in the game. Works just like when you close the lid on a 3DS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

Baba Is You is a brilliant game and its difficulty ramps up at later levels. Played it for 65 hours (+ 76 hours on PC) and still haven't solved all the puzzles. 
I also forgot to point out earlier that any game can easily be played in short bursts on Switch - just press the power button once, the console goes to sleep mode and the game goes into a suspended state. Then when you're ready to continue, just press a button again and you're right where you left off in the game. Works just like when you close the lid on a 3DS.

i know the sleep mode works perfect^^ but for some game i just need a bit longer sessions. for example when i want to get into the story a bit or when there is complex combos to learn and what i also like with games like resogun is that after you didnt play them for 6 months and you boot them again you are instant back into it. there is no figuring out of "fuck how did this thing wrk again" or "where did i have to go next?" 
thats kinda what i mean with qucik to get into.

anyway thanks alot for the ideas i will look into all the games:)

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 2:31 AM, Eyjabria said:

Oh, and the Wii U Crunchyroll app skips all ads! No more "don't buy rhino horn" ads interrupting anime. :D

I wished Crunchyroll would be released on switch. Oh well, I can watch it on PS4.

I just recently got Outer Worlds and Paper Mario The Origami King for switch. I haven't played PM but I've beaten Sticker star on 3DS. (skipped Color Splash) I'm honestly excited for more Switch games to come since it's turning 4 this year but Doug Bowser confirmed it still has another 4 years left. I hope it's gonna be a long 4 years!

• Like 2

I decided to try out Nintendo platforms because I got tired of Sony's censorship and SJW crap in video games, already bought Switch and now waiting for Wii U and 3DS to arrive in 1-2 weeks.

If I buy Wii digital games on Wii U Virtual Console and then let's say decide to buy Wii console just for collection, will I be able to download those games from Virtual Console on Wii?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

I decided to try out Nintendo platforms because I got tired of Sony's censorship and SJW crap in video games, already bought Switch and now waiting for Wii U and 3DS to arrive in 1-2 weeks.

If I buy Wii digital games on Wii U Virtual Console and then let's say decide to buy Wii console just for collection, will I be able to download those games from Virtual Console on Wii?

The Wii eshop was shut down 2 years ago, you can no longer download anything off of it

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KingSkovald said:

Their official site says it's possible to re-download purchased games: Wii Shop Channel Closure (nintendo.com.au)

Can users still play WiiWare games that they already purchased?

Yes. The ability to re-download WiiWare and Virtual Console games will also stop at some point. We will announce specific details as that time approaches.

20201228-1801201.jpg

I'm a new Switch owner! Late to the party, but finally here. Thought I'd ask the folks of this thread for game suggestions.

I plan on getting:
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Astral Chain
Monster Hunter (one of them anyway)

Any exclusives I should look into? I've never played a Zelda game, so it's not on my radar. Played the Mario games Paper, Galaxy, & the original. None of which held my interest. I'm looking for RPGs (Japanese, western, doesn't matter) & simulator (in the vein of Harvest Moon or Sims) games. Anything Pokemon-esque is welcome too. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

20201228-1801201.jpg

I'm a new Switch owner! Late to the party, but finally here. Thought I'd ask the folks of this thread for game suggestions.

I plan on getting:
Astral Chain

Any exclusives I should look into? I've never played a Zelda game, so it's not on my radar. Played the Mario games Paper, Galaxy, & the original. None of which held my interest. I'm looking for RPGs (Japanese, western, doesn't matter) & simulator (in the vein of Harvest Moon or Sims) games. Anything Pokemon-esque is welcome too. 

Fire Emblem Three Houses is a must buy, it is a great RPG that I have put over 115 hours into and have much more to go. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

20201228-1801201.jpg

I plan on getting:
Astral Chain

Breath of the Wild was the first, and so far only, Zelda game I finished. It is a cool game that I would recommend trying. Being a first party Nintendo game, it's usually still full price, but if you want to wait on a sale, it tends to go on sale several times a year (e.g. at Black Friday, which of course is a long wait until November). That being said, I think it's worth full price.

If you like tactical RPGs similar to Xcom (but easier), I would recommend Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. It is often on a pretty deep discount also.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was fun. If you're not turned off by the anime story and art (personally I found it to be part of the charm), I recommend it. I was very skeptical of the semi-automatic combat, but it's actually fun once you get used to it. I haven't tried the prequel story DLC yet, or the first game that's been ported from Wii.

I haven't gotten into simulators or Pokemon, so I can't recommend anything there. For RPGs, the only exclusive ones I can recall are the two I recommended. There are a lot of good ports (e.g. most of the PS3/PS4 era Atelier series is on Switch) if portable mobility is more important to you than graphical quality and trophies.

• Like 3

@Yuna4353

Forgot about Fire Emblem. I played a demo on the 3DS ages ago (enjoyed it), then never got around to picking up the full version. 

@MosesRockefeller

Don't mind anime at all, I'll add Xenoblade to the wishlist. 

My reason for asking for exclusives is because Nintendo always has such damn expensive games. I don't want to overlook an exclusive, but I'd much rather save if I could. Though the Atelier games sound good too. I'd probably enjoy those on handheld version (this switch won't be seeing to much of the docking station).

The suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks you two!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

@Yuna4353

Forgot about Fire Emblem. I played a demo on the 3DS ages ago (enjoyed it), then never got around to picking up the full version. 

@MosesRockefeller

Don't mind anime at all, I'll add Xenoblade to the wishlist. 

My reason for asking for exclusives is because Nintendo always has such damn expensive games. I don't want to overlook an exclusive, but I'd much rather save if I could. Though the Atelier games sound good too. I'd probably enjoy those on handheld version (this switch won't be seeing to much of the docking station).

The suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks you two!

You'll probably see some reviews or comments talking about Xenoblade 2 being "unplayable" on Switch in handheld mode, but I think that was really overblown. The resolution drops, as many games do, and the performance is worse. Maybe I was fortunate for playing it after most of the patching was done, but I found it very playable in handheld mode.

I only have the Arland trilogy of Atelier games on Switch, and I haven't played the third game in the trilogy yet. But the first two play nicely. My main issue has nothing to do with the Switch port, it's that the first game was revamped and going to the second is a noticeable drop in gameplay polish.

• Like 2

On 05/01/2021 at 5:02 AM, Gretchen27 said:

20201228-1801201.jpg

I plan on getting:
Astral Chain

Welcome to the Switch owners' club! It's a fantastic console.

For RPGs I'd recommend Xenoblade Chronicles 2 if you enjoy exploration and more action-oriented battle system and Octopath Traveler if you're into turn-based battles.
I saw someone recommend Fire Emblem: Three Houses too, but personally I was disappointed in the game's new systems, level design and the graphics were really "muddy". They took away a lot of freedom of customizing your playable character. The game tried to push me into a certain mold when I wanted to make an axe user and they still lock some classes to one gender. They also put in annoying "fetch quests" and Persona-like free time system that took away from the core strategy gameplay IMO. Other than that the story and gameplay are good, the soundtrack is pure Fire Emblem goodness and the character art style is nice. If you happen to have a 3DS, I'd rather recommend Fire Emblem: Awakening or Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

There's a demo out now for Monster Hunter Rise in eShop, by the way!

• Like 1

@Eyjabria

Thanks for the welcome ^^

I do have a 3DS, so I'll look into the previous game. Character customization is a favorite game aspect of mine. & it's admittedly sad I only ever bought Pokemon titles for that one. 

Haven't heard of Octopath Traveler, another to look into. I walk around a lot while playing handhelds (still getting used to the size difference from Vita to Switch), & turn based is easier for that. 

• Like 1

Tried the Monster Hunter Rise demo and I liked it more than some earlier MH demos which were kind of off-putting. The controls will take some time to get used to as they seemed a bit complicated and I kept pressing wrong buttons. Tested a few different weapons (liked Hunting Horn the best so far) and managed to clear the intermediate (Mizutsune) quest too after a few tries. Here's a video of Mizutsune dying to my awful music. I think she dropped one of her ears earlier in attempt to not hear me playing any more. 

The Palico and Palamute are adorable and I like how the bond between the hunter and buddies is depicted in some of the animations. 

As a Monster Hunter main series noob, I have a question: I found a Gold Gargwa Egg in the demo (see image below). The description mentioned something about it being an account item. What are eggs used for and what are the points I got upon delivering it to supply box for? I noticed some insects in the environments awarded points as well. Are the points some kind of currency to trade for items in Monster Hunter games? 

befc439bdb5a84ebce467072ff743954dc3e840f

I feel this demo finally made me want to purchase a Monster Hunter game. *eyeing the Forest Cat pre-order bonus*

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 3:16 AM, Eyjabria said:

Tried the Monster Hunter Rise demo and I liked it more than some earlier MH demos which were kind of off-putting. The controls will take some time to get used to as they seemed a bit complicated and I kept pressing wrong buttons. Tested a few different weapons (liked Hunting Horn the best so far) and managed to clear the intermediate (Mizutsune) quest too after a few tries. Here's a video of Mizutsune dying to my awful music. I think she dropped one of her ears earlier in attempt to not hear me playing any more. 

The Palico and Palamute are adorable and I like how the bond between the hunter and buddies is depicted in some of the animations. 

As a Monster Hunter main series noob, I have a question: I found a Gold Gargwa Egg in the demo (see image below). The description mentioned something about it being an account item. What are eggs used for and what are the points I got upon delivering it to supply box for? I noticed some insects in the environments awarded points as well. Are the points some kind of currency to trade for items in Monster Hunter games? 

befc439bdb5a84ebce467072ff743954dc3e840f

I feel this demo finally made me want to purchase a Monster Hunter game. *eyeing the Forest Cat pre-order bonus*

Does your progress carry over to when you buy the game? Was interested in trying it out (co-worker plans to pick it up, so I might as well), but don't want to get too deep into it if it won't carry over to the full game.

51 minutes ago, Venocide said:

Nintendo dropped a new trailer for 3D World. I enjoyed this game on the Wii U and the new content looks lit. Also Bowser's music at the end...banger! 

Bowser-zilla!

I never actually played 3D World on Wii U even though I have it, should fix that. I normally don't buy re-releases for a few years, especially if the original is fairly recent. But it looks insane!

• Like 2

On 12/01/2021 at 5:00 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Does your progress carry over to when you buy the game? Was interested in trying it out (co-worker plans to pick it up, so I might as well), but don't want to get too deep into it if it won't carry over to the full game.

Not sure if there is any progress that could carry over. You pick a weapon class (a preset character, preset armor set and preset buddies) and go on a quest. The demo is set in one area and it has 2 tutorials + 2 hunting quests, includes local and online multiplayer possibility. Looked it up and Capcom says "you will not be able to transfer your save data to the main game" but it seems they will offer a bonus in the full game for players with demo save data. (https://www.monsterhunter.com/rise/us/topics/demo/)

If you have time and interest, it's a good opportunity to check out the demo prior to release to get a feel of what the hunting gameplay is like.

• Like 1

I first tried to get into Monster Hunter with 3 Ultimate back on the Wii U. It was fun to play with a friend but it just didn't grab me. I tried again a couple of times on the 3DS and it never clicked. To be fair, I had the same issue with Playstation monster hunting games, so I think the genre isn't for me. I'm happy that Switch is finally getting a native MH game though for the fans.

I decided to preorder Super Mario 3D World even though I finished the Wii U version years ago (I didn't get close to 100% completion though). It's a great game and anybody experiencing it for the first time is in for a fun time. My daughter has played a bit of the Wii U version and she loves the cat suit. I think the Switch version will make it more accessible for us for family gaming. The Bowser's Fury trailer looked cool also.

• Like 1