Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

214 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

10 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Welcome to the club, which games do you plan on getting?

Getting Zelda when I get paid (and hopefully I'll be done Yakuza 0 by that time so Zelda can get the attention that it truly deserves), as well as a carrying case so I can take it out with me. Also thinking about getting Fast RMX since it lightly reminds me of F-Zero.

Then I'll be preordering Mario naturally. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is also a day one pickup. I'm also deliberating whether or not to get Skyrim when it comes out or waiting. I think I'll wait on Mario Kart 8 and Fire Emblem Warriors for the time being. I honestly think having Mario and Zelda will be enough for me for the first little while.

Is there an update on when Hollow Knight should be ported to the Switch? They said by end of 2017, but we're getting awfully close to that point and there doesn't seem to be any additional information, unless I glossed over it.

Thumper is now 25% off.

I played and enjoyed the demo on PSVR, though I think I'll wait with buying it until I have a PSVR set again, it looked so cool on there.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is now 20% off.

I know nothing about this game, just wanted to let you know.

10 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I guess I need to move the PS3 remakes up on my to-do list. I'd love to have them on the go though... are you listening Nintendo? 

Fair enough about accepting work. I was actually thinking about Star Wars as an example of creators changing, but I went with Star Trek instead. Obviously LucasArts wasn't going to let the Monkey Island license dry up, and Schafer left LA of his own free will. I think he could have stayed and completed the trilogy if he wanted. Also, I don't think he had anything to do with the remasters so aren't they already "compromised"? Anyway, enough about that, I don't mean to sound like I'm just arguing for its own sake. 

I thought it was a decent enough discussion...

The remakes aren't compromised because they follow the original story to the letter.

Speaking of Zahn, have you watched SW Rebels? I'm catching up on Season 3, and as Google will quickly tell you, Thrawn appears several times. I was so giddy seeing him. I think they got the voice down perfectly, and I even heard his ship referred to as the Chimaera. I love how Dave Filoni uses the best bits of the EU and makes them "Disney canon". I hope he stays with Star Wars in some capacity after Rebels finishes this upcoming season (the final one). IMO that man is the best thing to happen to Star Wars since it started. 

I have not seen Rebels. Call me an old dude if you want but I just get annoyed by a main character that's supposed to be edgy with a goatee, hated it with Jak as well.

This weekend I took advantage of the Tomorrow Children sale and picked up Human Resource Machine and Little Inferno. I played Little Inferno for about 30 minutes last night, and it's weird. It's not even really a game IMO, it's more of an interactive screen saver? But it's amusing. Personally I would recommend waiting until it's 50% off though. I'll try HRM soon. I also played some more World of Goo, and enjoyed the few levels I played. I need to stick with it and finish it.

Exactly why Little Inferno is the one I don't have yet.

World Of Goo is great, go finish it!

4. I have Super Mario Odyssey preordered with AC Origins from Best Buy. They're both coming out the same day which is just crazy for my backlog! 

I have both pre-ordered as well, along with taking Friday and Monday off of work. YEEEEAH!

I'm torn about LA Noire, Skyrim, LEGO Marvel 2, and Doom. I have LA Noire on PS3 and Skyrim and Doom on PS4. I've played a few "cases" in LA Noire but the trophies aren't really motivating me to play more. It's a little clunky on PS3 too. I am tempted by the Switch port; hopefully it performs better, and I think the touch controls sound interesting (they don't seem to just be a gimmick in this particular situation). Skyrim and Doom are both in my PS4 backlog, and I think having them portable would be amazing, but I'm not convinced that I need to repurchase at full price. Maybe I should wait for a sale. LEGO Marvel 2 is a game I'm definitely getting, but I'm not sure where to play it yet. Having it portable would be sweet, but I have a nice track record going on PS3/PS4/Vita of Platinuming every LEGO game (except the last 3, I'm a bit behind - I don't count LEGO City Undercover since I 100% completed it on Wii U and don't want to go through that again). I don't care much about trophies anymore but LEGO is the one series where I have a neat/pointless Platinum pattern going. 

I'd go with L.A. Noire. Great game, I'm getting it right away. I'm not getting any of those others right away.

I'm pretty sure I'll get Shakedown on Switch, it seems like a great platform for it. 

Yeah, I'm going to get that one as well.

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Getting Zelda when I get paid (and hopefully I'll be done Yakuza 0 by that time so Zelda can get the attention that it truly deserves), as well as a carrying case so I can take it out with me. Also thinking about getting Fast RMX since it lightly reminds me of F-Zero.

Then I'll be preordering Mario naturally. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is also a day one pickup. I'm also deliberating whether or not to get Skyrim when it comes out or waiting. I think I'll wait on Mario Kart 8 and Fire Emblem Warriors for the time being. I honestly think having Mario and Zelda will be enough for me for the first little while.

Zelda will keep you busy for at least fifty hours, if not more, and Mario should be nice and big too.

Fast RMX is definitely like F-Zero, with a unique gameplay element added. It feels like the GC F-Zero without the official characters.

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Is there an update on when Hollow Knight should be ported to the Switch? They said by end of 2017, but we're getting awfully close to that point and there doesn't seem to be any additional information, unless I glossed over it.

Last I heard, still this year. Then again I'm still waiting on Shakedown Hawaii as well.

36 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I have not seen Rebels. Call me an old dude if you want but I just get annoyed by a main character that's supposed to be edgy with a goatee, hated it with Jak as well.

If you mean the Kanan character, I wouldn't call him edgy. He's more of a reluctant leader figure. Anyway, I'm sure there are Youtube clips of Thrawn you could watch without committing to a whole episode. You can also watch the prelude shorts here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNzwCmcCLlo3xo3z-LCOgg4Zs4ABPict1

And I'm as old of a dude as you can get! I checked out the first 2 episodes of the new Star Trek show today and it's so clearly aimed at the younger generation, way more than the recent movies even. #NotMyTrek

36 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'd go with L.A. Noire. Great game, I'm getting it right away. I'm not getting any of those others right away.

That does seem like the game of that group that had the most Switch-specific changes. Skyrim is doing gyroscopic aiming at least, but honestly I don't know if I enjoy the Western RPG style anymore. That's why I still haven't played it on PS3 or PS4 yet. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

If you mean the Kanan character, I wouldn't call him edgy. He's more of a reluctant leader figure. Anyway, I'm sure there are Youtube clips of Thrawn you could watch without committing to a whole episode. You can also watch the prelude shorts here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNzwCmcCLlo3xo3z-LCOgg4Zs4ABPict1

Yeah I mean Kanan, isn't he the main character? He looks like a typical "I'm edgy and brooding so I have a goatee" character. Anyway there's so much shows I still have to watch, even though I love Star Wars I can't say Rebels is anywhere near the top of my list.

And I'm as old of a dude as you can get! I checked out the first 2 episodes of the new Star Trek show today and it's so clearly aimed at the younger generation, way more than the recent movies even. #NotMyTrek

I haven't checked out Discovery yet, though I will do so soon. Yesterday after work was filled with the second half of building the LEGO UCS Slave I. I watched season 19 of South Park during this, which I had not seen before either, but I figured it would be easier to keep track of than a completely new show.

I'm really not a Trekkie so I'm keeping an open mind about the series. I like the new film series, especially the last one. I tried watching TOS and TNG on Netflix. Laughed my ass off at TOS and decided not to continue on it, couldn't get through the first season of TNG (but yeah I know what comes after is supposed to be better).

I've got TNG and DS9 still on my watch list, though as said there's just so much I still have to see and play and read... Choices, choices.

That does seem like the game of that group that had the most Switch-specific changes. Skyrim is doing gyroscopic aiming at least, but honestly I don't know if I enjoy the Western RPG style anymore. That's why I still haven't played it on PS3 or PS4 yet. 

Didn't comment on it before but yeah the L.A. Noire "looking at the crime scene" bit was made for touch screens, not that I'll play it that was (I think). Still, looks like the best game to show my AAA third party support for as I love the game and am looking for more reasons to get rid of my PS3. Should check this weekend if there's even anything I still want/need to play on there in my backlog.

I never finished Skyr, but I never finished many other huge games either. Finally got through Witcher III this year, which was a milestone for me. Don't know if I'll ever get back to Skyrim. I think I'm going to be more selective about what I play.

55 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah I mean Kanan, isn't he the main character? He looks like a typical "I'm edgy and brooding so I have a goatee" character. Anyway there's so much shows I still have to watch, even though I love Star Wars I can't say Rebels is anywhere near the top of my list.

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't finished season 3 yet, but for all of the first two seasons I was watching week to week.

Kanan is a badass, and by no means edgy. He's basically a kid who made it out of Order 66, and survived under the radar and VERY rarely busted out a lightsabre. Eventually he and his friends have a run in with Ezra and long story short, Kanan isn't really ready to become a master to Ezra but he tries anyway. It's kind of like this, imagine a kid's parents die and there's a mid 20 something guy who ends up with the kid, and he has to raise him. He has no idea how to do it, all he knows is that he wants to raise the kid as best he can. Now imagine that by "raise" I really mean "train this fucker as a Jedi" and that's what you get. 

I won't lie, the first season can be a bit slow at times, but near the end it really hits it's stride and season two was legit. 

This is from one of the earlier episodes, and it's probably my favorite scene from all of Rebels. Genuine chills every time.

Planned Switch releases this week (I should do this type of post more often):

September 28

Astro Bears Party

Binaries

Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story: Combat

Conga Master Party!

Deemo

Golf Story

Inversus Deluxe

Physical Contact: Picture Place

Picross S

September 29

FIFA '18

One Piece: Unlimited World Red Deluxe Edition

Schlag den Star: Das Spiel

As said before I'm very interested in Picross S. I've also started to become intrigued with Golf Story - a 32-bit Golf RPG... Exclusive to Switch, by the way.

To fans of Voez: the upcoming Deemo is from the same studio, it seems.

9 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

September 28

Astro Bears Party

Binaries

Conga Master Party!

Deemo

Golf Story

Inversus Deluxe

Picross S

September 29

FIFA '18

As said before I'm very interested in Picross S. I've also started to become intrigued with Golf Story - a 32-bit Golf RPG... Exclusive to Switch, by the way.

To fans of Voez: the upcoming Deemo is from the same studio, it seems.

I'll be getting golf story for sure.  

18 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I'll be getting golf story for sure.  

I know zero about the game though except for what I've seen in the trailer and potentially in Nindie/Direct videos, if any.

How big is the game? How good is it? After No Man's Sky, I'm a bit hesitant with trusting new devs, I'd at least like to see a couple of reviews before buying.

6 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Did you watch Clone Wars? Both shows start out seeming like kid's shows (and technically they are I guess), but they are both made by the fans, for the fans. Rebels especially strikes a chord with this old SW fan because it fits into the Original Trilogy. Jedi, clones, and battle droids are all well and good but this show goes back to what I really loved in the first place - stormtroopers and rebels. 

There are so many cool things in the show for SW fans, like Thrawn and Vader. I highly recommend it, and as @Super-Fly Spider-Guy said, Kanan isn't an "edgy" character. He does some brooding at first in the sense that he is a Jedi apprentice who saw the whole Jedi Order come crashing down at the end of the Clone Wars, and he's trying to find his place in the universe. But through the show he grows and discovers a purpose and becomes a great leader. 

6 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I haven't checked out Discovery yet, though I will do so soon. Yesterday after work was filled with the second half of building the LEGO UCS Slave I. I watched season 19 of South Park during this, which I had not seen before either, but I figured it would be easier to keep track of than a completely new show.

I'm really not a Trekkie so I'm keeping an open mind about the series. I like the new film series, especially the last one. I tried watching TOS and TNG on Netflix. Laughed my ass off at TOS and decided not to continue on it, couldn't get through the first season of TNG (but yeah I know what comes after is supposed to be better).

I've got TNG and DS9 still on my watch list, though as said there's just so much I still have to see and play and read... Choices, choices.

You have a better chance of enjoying Discovery as a non-Trekkie I think. I feel that its focus is mostly on attracting new fans versus keeping the old ones. Trek shows typically take half a season to find their feet, but Discovery pissed me off in several big ways. It felt like a slap in the face to Trekkies. Us American fans are stuck paying $6 a month to watch the show, and I'm not doing it. If I lived where it was available on Netflix, sure I'd keep watching it for free. 

I do like the new film series for what it is, which is basically closer to Marvel "big summer action" movies. But to be honest, most of the Trek films were not very similar to the shows. TV is where Trek has always done its best stories. That said, if your reaction to TOS was that it was too campy to enjoy, the franchise may not be for you. 

5 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't finished season 3 yet, but for all of the first two seasons I was watching week to week.

Kanan is a badass, and by no means edgy. He's basically a kid who made it out of Order 66, and survived under the radar and VERY rarely busted out a lightsabre. Eventually he and his friends have a run in with Ezra and long story short, Kanan isn't really ready to become a master to Ezra but he tries anyway. It's kind of like this, imagine a kid's parents die and there's a mid 20 something guy who ends up with the kid, and he has to raise him. He has no idea how to do it, all he knows is that he wants to raise the kid as best he can. Now imagine that by "raise" I really mean "train this fucker as a Jedi" and that's what you get. 

I won't lie, the first season can be a bit slow at times, but near the end it really hits it's stride and season two was legit. 

Nice, a fellow Rebels fan. You need to finish Season 3. I don't know how it is in your neck of the woods, but in the US, if you have a cable subscription that includes Disney you can watch the entire series on demand. But that wasn't good enough for me, I grabbed the S3 Blu-ray because I know it's a show I'll rewatch many times. And I agree about Kanan, he is a great character. 

Anyway, if you liked S2, S3 is even better. I just finished the last episode on my morning commute today. S4 is starting up in October and I can't wait. 

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

September 28

Astro Bears Party

Binaries

Conga Master Party!

Deemo

Golf Story

Inversus Deluxe

Picross S

September 29

FIFA '18

I love this type of post, please consider doing it more often! 

I'm definitely getting Picross S, and Golf Story looks interesting. I will read some reviews before I decide on Golf Story. 

I'm back to a weird state where I seem to be bouncing between consoles, playing a little bit here and there. I'm working on Persona 3 Portable (PSP) on my Vita, Metroid Samus Returns on my 3DS, World of Goo, SWD2, and MK8D on my Switch, No More Heroes (Wii) on my Wii U, and Kingdom Hearts 2 on my PS4. I was playing something on my Xbox One but that's fallen by the wayside for now. I guess the upside of this is that I'm back to spending more time on my Switch, trying to get that backlog back to a manageable size. After getting Human Resource Machine and Little Inferno my games list rolled into "More Software". 

It's a great time to be gaming, too many choices is better than not enough I guess! 

7 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

This is from one of the earlier episodes, and it's probably my favorite scene from all of Rebels. Genuine chills every time.

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Did you watch Clone Wars? Both shows start out seeming like kid's shows (and technically they are I guess), but they are both made by the fans, for the fans. Rebels especially strikes a chord with this old SW fan because it fits into the Original Trilogy. Jedi, clones, and battle droids are all well and good but this show goes back to what I really loved in the first place - stormtroopers and rebels. 

There are so many cool things in the show for SW fans, like Thrawn and Vader. I highly recommend it, and as @Super-Fly Spider-Guy said, Kanan isn't an "edgy" character. He does some brooding at first in the sense that he is a Jedi apprentice who saw the whole Jedi Order come crashing down at the end of the Clone Wars, and he's trying to find his place in the universe. But through the show he grows and discovers a purpose and becomes a great leader. 

I watvhed the first season of the computer animated Clone Wars and I watched all of the traditionally animated Clone Wars shorts.

The medium and main Rebel characters of Rebels don't appeal to me, I guess, they look so much like they were made to be "hip" and relevant for the younger generation...

Very excited for the next movie, by the way. Another day off of work, I'll get tickets for the first IMAX showing!

You have a better chance of enjoying Discovery as a non-Trekkie I think. I feel that its focus is mostly on attracting new fans versus keeping the old ones. Trek shows typically take half a season to find their feet, but Discovery pissed me off in several big ways. It felt like a slap in the face to Trekkies. Us American fans are stuck paying $6 a month to watch the show, and I'm not doing it. If I lived where it was available on Netflix, sure I'd keep watching it for free. 

I do like the new film series for what it is, which is basically closer to Marvel "big summer action" movies. But to be honest, most of the Trek films were not very similar to the shows. TV is where Trek has always done its best stories. That said, if your reaction to TOS was that it was too campy to enjoy, the franchise may not be for you. 

It's not available on Netflix for you? That's a shame.

Yeah TOS was definitely too bad in its production to be enjoyed by me, sadly. I often don't mind it for things like Twilight Zone, but something from TOS just rubs me the wrong way.

I love this type of post, please consider doing it more often! 

I'm definitely getting Picross S, and Golf Story looks interesting. I will read some reviews before I decide on Golf Story. 

Will do, and I of course agree with the second line.

I'm back to a weird state where I seem to be bouncing between consoles, playing a little bit here and there. I'm working on Persona 3 Portable (PSP) on my Vita, Metroid Samus Returns on my 3DS, World of Goo, SWD2, and MK8D on my Switch, No More Heroes (Wii) on my Wii U, and Kingdom Hearts 2 on my PS4. I was playing something on my Xbox One but that's fallen by the wayside for now. I guess the upside of this is that I'm back to spending more time on my Switch, trying to get that backlog back to a manageable size. After getting Human Resource Machine and Little Inferno my games list rolled into "More Software". 

It's a great time to be gaming, too many choices is better than not enough I guess! 

I'm in a state where I mostly play on the Switch, the PS4 gets mostly ignored and the PS3 gets completely ignored. Will change at the latest when South Park releases.

7 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I watvhed the first season of the computer animated Clone Wars and I watched all of the traditionally animated Clone Wars shorts.

The medium and main Rebel characters of Rebels don't appeal to me, I guess, they look so much like they were made to be "hip" and relevant for the younger generation...

Very excited for the next movie, by the way. Another day off of work, I'll get tickets for the first IMAX showing!

Like many series, Clone Wars really took off after the first season. So you didn't get to see the show's best stuff. Oh well, I can't make you watch it or Rebels. 

I guess I understand what you're saying even though I don't agree (I really only see that about Ezra, the kid), but couldn't the same be said about Finn, Rey, and Poe? 

I am very excited about the Episode 8 also. Apparently I will be switching from contract work to getting directly hired sometime in November, so I may actually be able to take a paid day off again in time for Episode 8! I'll probably just watch it on the weekend, but we'll see. It's so hard to get out to the theater now that I can't even remember the last movie I saw. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 I think? Anyway, Star Wars is the exception for me, I always make sure to see them in the theater. The only one I missed was the Clone Wars movie... at the time I had written the new series off, and I later completely changed my mind. 

16 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

It's not available on Netflix for you? That's a shame.

CBS really pulled a dumb marketing stunt with this show. They (intelligently) realize that the international market won't pay for a separate streaming service, but they think that Americans will (since they buy expensive Starbucks coffee every morning). Time will tell if they are correct, but I know it's pissing off a lot of Trekkies here. That isn't even the real problem for me though. The tone and themes of the show are so drastically different from the established shows, it's definitely not something I will enjoy. It works for the JJ Abrams movies because they are big action movies, so audience expectations are different. 

19 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah TOS was definitely too bad in its production to be enjoyed by me, sadly. I often don't mind it for things like Twilight Zone, but something from TOS just rubs me the wrong way.

Could it be because TOS was filmed in color? I often find that the early days of transitioning to color TV and film were somewhat awkward. I think it wasn't until later, e.g. with the first Star Wars film and Planet of the Apes, that color movies and TV really lived up to what people imagined was possible. With black and white shows and movies, my brain processes them differently. I don't know if that makes sense, but I don't know how to explain it completely. 

14 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

@MosesRockefeller: you're a MetroidVania lover, I take it you've played Axiom Verge already. It will be on the Switch next week for €18. Thoughts?

@angelgrievous I see you have played the game as well. Same question.

It is the best unofficial Metroid game ever made. I played it on PS4 and loved every minute of it. Which reminds me, I need to beat the final boss. I got to the end and tried to backtrack for a random trophy, but eventually gave up. Then I forgot to come back to beat the game. And let me be clear, that is not a failing of the game, it's me being stupid! 

Seriously, it's a great game. Since you don't seem to love retro graphics, it may not be for you. I think the graphics would look great on the Switch in handheld mode. I liked them on PS4 but it definitely has the retro look down. 

Also, it was made by one guy and he has been good to fans (and himself) by making several ports. I think it's worth supporting him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

@MosesRockefeller: you're a MetroidVania lover, I take it you've played Axiom Verge already. It will be on the Switch next week for €18. Thoughts?

@angelgrievous I see you have played the game as well. Same question.

Oh boy, it's soo good.  I loved it to death. The artwork is fantastic, I loved the 8-bit style.  The OST is so good I bought it from i-Tunes.  I think I played it through 4 or 5 times.  I'll  be playing it again when it comes to switch.  Really smart metroidvania, Like @MosesRockefeller said, it's the best Metroid that has come out in ages (can't speak for the new one though).

Edited by angelgrievous

10 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I know zero about the game though except for what I've seen in the trailer and potentially in Nindie/Direct videos, if any.

How big is the game? How good is it? After No Man's Sky, I'm a bit hesitant with trusting new devs, I'd at least like to see a couple of reviews before buying.

I can understand this, but I can't help it.  It looks too charming to not get.  I don't buy blind often but it seems to always work out, see Axiom Verge.

13 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I can understand this, but I can't help it.  It looks too charming to not get.  I don't buy blind often but it seems to always work out, see Axiom Verge.

Interesting, Axiom Verge was the rare indie game that I followed from almost the beginning. I did the same with Volume since I loved Thomas Was Alone so much. Typically I find out about indie games shortly before release though. 

3 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Interesting, Axiom Verge was the rare indie game that I followed from almost the beginning. I did the same with Volume since I loved Thomas Was Alone so much. Typically I find out about indie games shortly before release though. 

I wish I had known about it before I did.  I'm not sure if Thomas Happ kickstarted it or not but I would have chipped in if he did..  I got it the day I bought my PS4.  I got the The Last of Us bundle but had already played the game on PS3 and I think I got a $10 credit with it and used that towards Axiom Verge.  I saw a guy streaming it and bought it shortly thereafter.  Great game.  The guys I worked with at the time made fun of me for buying a PS4 to play 8-bit games.  

Edited by angelgrievous

12 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

I wish I had known about it before I did.  I'm not sure if Thomas Happ kickstarted it or not but I would have chipped in if he did..  I got it the day I bought my PS4.  I got the The Last of Us bundle but had already played the game on PS3 and I think I got a $10 credit with it and used that towards Axiom Verge.  I saw a guy streaming it and bought it shortly thereafter.  Great game.  The guys I worked with at the time made fun of me for buying a PS4 to play 8-bit games.  

I'm not sure about kickstarting either. I have only ever given money to one campaign, which was for Shantae Half Genie Hero. Generally I steer clear of crowdfunding. 

Last night I launched the game so I could finally beat it. I had forgotten how great the music is. I don't think I will go for the Platinum, since speedruns are one of my biggest annoyances in gaming. I got 100% of the items and weapons, and I got lucky with glitching all enemies. So I count that as seeing everything the game has to offer. The only random trophy I couldn't get was the secret room one. I looked over almost all the map and never found a secret room. This is what let to me stopping the last time, it was pretty frustrating. 

• Like 1

Well, that's Mario + Rabbids played through. Very enjoyable game and glad I bought it, it's so different from what Nintendo and Ubisoft usually do...

That leaves me with eoght digital games which I have boight but not completely played through, several of which I'm actually near the end of (like Sonic Mania and Human Resource Machine). Trying to decrease my backlog a bit as there's so many upcoming releases I want to get... The rest of today will probably be spent on either Thimbleweed Park and/or forma.8.

Let's see, which discussion points from the posts above have I not responded to here or in other threads yet?

On buying blind: I do this from time to time, though never completely blind, not with devs that have not proven themselves, not after No Man's Sky. Not that I need to know much when a game interests me - like with Thimbleweed, Ron Gilbert's name and the general response was enough to want to get it.

On Kickstarter: I sponsored two projects (Fidget Cube and the first (and for now, only) book of Irregular Webcomic), but I wish I had known about Yooka-Laylee in advance and I wish I had known back then how much I would enjoy Shovel Knight.

Well, it's the release date of Golf Story and there are no reviews yet. I'm officially too scared to buy it without any form of confirmation.

Contrast Picross S, which is made by Jupiter Corporation - they have been making Picross games for Nintendo consoles ever since the GB and SNES days so they've pretty much proven themselves in my eyes.

Well today was pay day (always great when you get paid a day earlier than expected). That means I will be buying Thimbleweed Park. @BillyHorrible Have you gotten far in the game? Is it still as good as when you first started.

Only just completed the third world of Mario + Rabbids. I'll go back over it again to pick up any collectables I missed before moving onto the fourth world. I haven't had a chance to play as Rabbid Yoshi yet so I will pick him for my team as I try to do some of the challenges. It seems Rabbid Luigi and normal Luigi are my main team (along with Mario of course!) with Rabbid Peach thrown in the mix.

2 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Well today was pay day (always great when you get paid a day earlier than expected). That means I will be buying Thimbleweed Park. @BillyHorrible Have you gotten far in the game? Is it still as good as when you first started.

I did another hour and a half yesterday, so I'm at four to five hours of playtime now.

I think it's a very good game. Intriguing, funny, and smart. Very satisfied with the purchase.

I had to call the in-game hotline during one segment. I knew what I was supposed to do but I didn't understand how to get two items for it. Turns out they were both close by in a dark outside place, where the two items were together and I had dismissed them as being part of the non-clickable background. Other than that mishap, the puzzles are sometimes quite clever but never, as @MosesRockefeller puts it, "insane".

One of my favourites (spoiler, don't open if you want to play the game on your own!):

Spoiler

A staircase has an "out of order" sign, yet you need to use the stairs. Solution - pick up the sign, because if the sign is gone then the stairs must be okay.

Only just completed the third world of Mario + Rabbids. I'll go back over it again to pick up any collectables I missed before moving onto the fourth world. I haven't had a chance to play as Rabbid Yoshi yet so I will pick him for my team as I try to do some of the challenges. It seems Rabbid Luigi and normal Luigi are my main team (along with Mario of course!) with Rabbid Peach thrown in the mix.

Did you enjoy the third world boss?

I ended up using Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Mario. Gotta love those vampire moves.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Other than that mishap, the puzzles are sometimes quite clever but never, as @MosesRockefeller puts it, "insane".

One of my favourites (spoiler, don't open if you want to play the game on your own!):

Reveal hidden contents

A staircase has an "out of order" sign, yet you need to use the stairs. Solution - pick up the sign, because if the sign is gone then the stairs must be okay.

See, we clearly have different descriptions of insane puzzles. I would never in a million years think of the solution to the puzzle you mention. It's that kind of illogical logic that I call insane and have never gotten used to. 

That said, I think the solution is very funny. I would enjoy seeing that scene in a movie or cutscene for example. That's my dilemma, I've always enjoyed Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer's sense of humor, but I never liked that illogical puzzle gameplay. Thankfully for me, Schafer has moved onto other styles of gameplay that are much more enjoyable to me. Gilbert's career has been much more strange, and I haven't really kept up with it.