Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

3 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Whoa whoa whoa, I know what Super Mario Bros is, it was the first console game I ever finished when we got a NES back in 1990. I was talking about the difference between Mario Bros (which is the one that was included in each GBA SMB port) and "VS Super Mario Bros", which I have never played. Anyway, I just looked up VS Super Mario Bros and it's apparently an arcade version of SMB1. I would definitely consider buying that one; it sounds like less of an arcade game and more of a "normal" console game experience. But for the original arcade version of Mario Bros, I got enough gameplay out of the GBA versions and it's not my thing. I guess it's groundbreaking and such, but I don't find it worth buying. I'm glad the Switch version is the full blown one, that's great for people that want to buy it. But I'm not one of those people. 

Ah, I misunderstood your wondering for not knowing the difference between Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. instead of not getting the VS part. Didn't realise that because Mario Bros. is, as far as I know, the last time the series went without "Super".

3 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Thanks for the suggestions, and yeah the clip point sounds like a fair assessment. I'll see what options are available for me to watch. 

Good luck! Personally I watch most through Netflix these days. We don't even have cable any more.

Well, I just bought Axiom Verge, because whatever.

1 hour ago, angelgrievous said:

God, I am so done with Golf Story and this garbage mechanic of tying to hit around trees and shit.  Doesn't work.  

Hey, YOU were the one recommending this game, don't go soft on us!

6 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yeah, South Park is not on Netflix or Prime Video here in the states, but that's where I watch most stuff. 

It's not on Netflix here either. South Park and Game Of Thrones are the only shows I still watch everything of that aren't on there, with the exception of Big Fat Quiz which can be streamed for free online and which are put on YouTube shortly afterwards.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Hey, YOU were the one recommending this game, don't go soft on us!

I know, I'm just mad.  I need to get up to par on the games mechanics.  I feel so off course, it's rough no matter how I slice it.  I'll get hooked for a while and then lose it.  It feels like I've got a bogey on my nine.  I guess it's time I keep my head up with the birdies and eagles.  

also, yay, Axiom.  

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I know, I'm just mad.  I need to get up to par on the games mechanics.  I feel so off course, it's rough no matter how I slice it.  I'll get hooked for a while and then lose it.  It feels like I've got a bogey on my nine.  I guess it's time I keep my head up with the birdies and eagles.  

also, yay, Axiom.  

I see what you did there...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Nice, let me know what you think. 

Interestingly, yesterday I was reading the 10/10 review for Axiom Verge on NintendoLife, and I saw quite a few commenters say that it was mediocre or even bad. I never realized they were people who actually disliked the game! I do sort of agree that there are points in the game where the paths that open up after getting an upgrade are not really clear. Actual Metroid games will always set the bar in that regard, and as I've noticed playing Metroid Samus Returns, it is much more clear in its "backtracking course" than Axiom Verge. But I don't think that takes away from the game, and you might even appreciate the extra exploration/experimentation that it requires. Anyway, I hope you like it. 

This morning I finished the final 50cc cup in MK8D, and I will complete one cup in all the other speed categories also, before I retire the game from regular play (I'll still keep it for family and friend meet-ups). I think I only have 2 regular vehicle parts left to unlock, which hopefully will happen as I finish these other cups. I certainly don't intend to complete all the cups in any other categories. I consider the game to be "story complete" at this point for me. 

I also started Human Resource Machine the other day and I really enjoyed the 5 or 6 levels I played. It's a cool game. 

I think I will chip away at my indie/smaller games (HRM, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, World of Goo, Master Blaster Zero, Picross S, Sonic Mania) with a couple of levels every day until Mario Odyssey comes out, and probably complete the Memory quests (or whatever they're called) in Breath of the Wild also. I probably won't start Mario+Rabbids until after Mario Odyssey comes out, due to also wanting to get started with Assassin's Creed Syndicate on PS4. Having too many good games to play is a good thing, but I'm trying to play actively so the backlog doesn't get too crazy. 

On 10/6/2017 at 2:54 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

South Park is one of those shows that I missed the boat on and feel like it has passed me by now. I did like some of the movies that those guys made though. Orgazmo and BASEketball were amusing. Team America had its moments but I thought it was overrated (everybody was quoting it so much when it came out, to the point that I actually DIDN'T want to see the movie). 

It does look like this new RPG will be great for fans of the series though. I guess I should be glad I'm not a fan, it's one less game for me to put in my backlog. :) I'm sure there will be lengthy RPGs that catch my interest on the Switch soon enough though... 

I got into it as a kid, around 10 or so I guess. I laughed at the stupid shit and missed a lot of the point. The show is entirely enjoyable if you just wanna laugh, but if you pay attention to more than just the farts and swears, it's usually actually making a point about a current issue, and usually making it quite well. 

Team America is a good example of people missing the point. 

It was huge, everyone everywhere was, and sometimes still is, quoting it. From the outside, I could imagine it being annoying, as I find all the Rick and Morty shit out there to be, I just can't get into it and that's it. But with Team America at least, the whole thing is a send up of how America is fucking crazy and just wants to go police the world, given the antagonist of movie's son is now pulling the same shit, honestly Team America is probably more relevant than ever. In this instance though, it's Trump and not Bush who's leading the charge. 

The whole thing culminates with the realization that Kim Jong Il "is an asshole", that Team America "are dicks", and that the Film Actors Guild "are pussies", and that "pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes, assholes who just wanna shit on everything" and basically, if the dicks didn't fuck the assholes everyone would get their "dicks and their pussies all covered in shit". I love putting quotes around it because it's actual dialogue. The whole thing is basically saying everyone's an asshole and it's a never ending circle. Kim Jong Il (now Un) is an asshole, for obvious reasons. Team America (now Trump I guess) is a dick, again for obvious reasons. And the Film Actors Guild (which can be taken as being the face for all the SJW crazies in a sense) are just a bunch of pussies who like to complain but never get anything done. 

The whole thing is making a point about how everyone's fucked, and everyone's just out to do their own unnecessary bullshit. 

That's Team America covered. I got other stuff to do, so maybe I'll come back and talk more later, but basically, Team America is so great and deserves to be quoted and all, it's just that most of the people doing the quoting are missing the point. It's the same when you see people going around yelling "They took our jobs!" and thinking it's a genuine jab at immigrants, when instead it's taking the piss out of dickheads yelling about the job problem but not doing anything about it.

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

That's Team America covered. I got other stuff to do, so maybe I'll come back and talk more later, but basically, Team America is so great and deserves to be quoted and all, it's just that most of the people doing the quoting are missing the point. It's the same when you see people going around yelling "They took our jobs!" and thinking it's a genuine jab at immigrants, when instead it's taking the piss out of dickheads yelling about the job problem but not doing anything about it.

Fair enough. I understood the underlying message of Team America, but I just didn't enjoy it all that much. I got it (in fact they were mostly preaching to the choir with me) and I found it kind of funny, but I don't really like that obnoxious on-the-nose satire. I prefer Simpsons-style satire, such as this picture that perfectly captures the irony of immigrants (like Moe) hating his fellow immigrants (and yes, I see that a lot in real life). 

Spoiler

14702336_961298413999443_257718660262673

As for that whole political topic, let's move on. I can't stand the way it is being used by the political "right" in the USA as a fear tactic (and sadly, it works). There is an ad for the governor's race in my state that pisses me off so much with its blatant lying. I'd rather talk about things here that don't make my blood boil. 

Back on the topic of the Switch, last night I got to world 4 in World of Goo, where the art style changes. I have to say I was not expecting that and it was really cool. Also, Human Resource Machine started getting hard - I tried to do an optional stage (12 I think) a few times where you have to multiple everything by 40 (with only an Add command), which only seems possible with a zillion commands. It's making my brain hurt. On the other hand, I seem to have gotten a good strategy going with Picross S that makes it pretty logical and efficient. But I'm sure there are people far better at it than me. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

Axiom Verge: liking it so far, killed two 'boss'-type creatures. I like several of the outlandish plot points but after one visit to giant head computer lady, I will be very surprised if she turns out to be NOT secretly evil. No spoilers please.

Also yeah, I understand that it's not often clear where to go next, but I'm not that bothered by it, it's fun to explore and I'm seeing some pretty weird shit.

Thimbleweed Park: don't know how long I still have to go but I'm at the factory now. That will was surprising and funny, cool twist. Wonder how the rest of the story will go.

After the game opened up, I got stuck a couple of times sometimes it was my fault for not thinking things through, sometimes there's many possibilities and it becomes trial and error in checking what is needed. @MosesRockefeller the hint line in this game is really great, just dial 4468 if you're stuck. It should help people who can't figure out the puzzles to still finish the game. There's even a mobile phone item so you can call at any time. The hint line doesn't get explicit immediately so you can quit whenever you've got it figured out.

I still think it's a great game, even if I didn't manage to figure it all out myself. 

Golf Story: Loving this game, flaws and all. I just finished the long drive thing.

I thoroughly advise anyone who is a fan of RPGs, golf, SNES type graphics, adventures and humour to try this game, it's money well spent as you can sink hours upon hours into this game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Thimbleweed Park: don't know how long I still have to go but I'm at the factory now. That will was surprising and funny, cool twist. Wonder how the rest of the story will go.

After the game opened up, I got stuck a couple of times sometimes it was my fault for not thinking things through, sometimes there's many possibilities and it becomes trial and error in checking what is needed. @MosesRockefeller the hint line in this game is really great, just dial 4468 if you're stuck. It should help people who can't figure out the puzzles to still finish the game. There's even a mobile phone item so you can call at any time. The hint line doesn't get explicit immediately so you can quit whenever you've got it figured out.

I still think it's a great game, even if I didn't manage to figure it all out myself. 

Dialing 4468 is a godsend at times, particularly when the puzzle solutions aren't that obvious at first. For example, I never would've figured out how to get that map without using the hint helpline. I am thoroughly loving this game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Dialing 4468 is a godsend at times, particularly when the puzzle solutions aren't that obvious at first. For example, I never would've figured out how to get that map without using the hint helpline. I am thoroughly loving this game.

Yeah, getting that map required a lot of thoughtful steps-a-reno.

The one I missed in that chain was

Spoiler

Getting the nickel by recycling a bottle. I think what got me was that I didn't realise it was a plastic bottle (I already had it in my inventory), that our supermarkets have automated bottle deposit machines and that the deposit on large bottles is €0,25 instead of €0,05 here - heck, even small beer bottles are still worth €0,10. Don't know what our eighties prices were (probably the same numbers but in guilders instead of Euro's) but I do think we already had deposit machines back then.

I haven't touched my Switch in a while and I think I'll fix that by purchasing Golf Story. I may buy Stardew Valley as well even though I have sunk a ton of hours in the game on both PC and PS4, I want to support the developer as much as possible.

Parker

Not sure if any of y'all know (or care) but tomorrow they are gonna start selling a limited run of Retro City Rampage physical Switch carts.

I'm fucking tempted, despite owning it on pretty well every platform imaginable, but it works out to about 38 AUD, which isn't really that much when you consider they want 22.50 for the game alone on the eShop (though I would never pay that much, considering how low it is everywhere else), and the cost of the carts. But I don't know if that includes postage.

If it includes postage, I'll probably cave just so I can have a physical copy of the game, I love it to death but if any game deserves a physical copy in my stack, it's the game that's more 80s than all my games from the 80s. If not, well, I might have to miss it, it's just too much for me to justify on something I already own elsewhere.

Also I picked up Lego City today while I happened to be in a department store. eShop price is 89.95, RRP seems to be 79.95, cheapest I've ever seen it is 67 once, and they were selling all versions for 45. I grabbed their last Switch copy, and also had a 10 buck voucher from my survey site on me, so I paid 35 for it. I was waiting for a drop, and the wait paid off, 35 for this game is a steal. Loving it so far.

50 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Also I picked up Lego City today while I happened to be in a department store. eShop price is 89.95, RRP seems to be 79.95, cheapest I've ever seen it is 67 once, and they were selling all versions for 45. I grabbed their last Switch copy, and also had a 10 buck voucher from my survey site on me, so I paid 35 for it. I was waiting for a drop, and the wait paid off, 35 for this game is a steal. Loving it so far.

Nice. LEGO City Undercover was one of the best Wii U exclusives, and I think the Switch version keeps all the cool Nintendo easter eggs that were cut from the PS4/X1/PC versions. I played it to 100% completion on Wii U so I kind of burned myself out, but if I get it again it will be on Switch. It's a shame the 3DS version wasn't upscaled and ported to the Switch also. It was an ambitious game that was shoehorned onto the 3DS without having enough power to run it well. 

46 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Nice. LEGO City Undercover was one of the best Wii U exclusives, and I think the Switch version keeps all the cool Nintendo easter eggs that were cut from the PS4/X1/PC versions. I played it to 100% completion on Wii U so I kind of burned myself out, but if I get it again it will be on Switch. It's a shame the 3DS version wasn't upscaled and ported to the Switch also. It was an ambitious game that was shoehorned onto the 3DS without having enough power to run it well. 

See, I really wanted to get it on Wii U, but it always held it's price way too much for me to justify. When it hit the Nintendo Classics (or whatever they call it) thing recently, it dropped to RRP 50, which was still too much for a game that old, but by then the thing had already been dumped on Xbone and PS4. I have enough Lego games on both of them, so I'd always have gone with the Switch version. Supposedly there's some stuff missing, like some thing with a Mario hat or something, I don't know. The tablet thing he uses' inspiration is quite clear though.

Wasn't the 3DS version a completely different side story game? Honestly all the more confusing. This one is by TT Fusion, who are usually the portable team, but then there was a different portable version as well? I don't know. Anyway, the portable Legos are hit and miss, the early PSP ones are ace, then the 3DS ones up until pretty much Avengers and Star Wars (outside of the odd one) weren't really worth while in my opinion, at least not at their asking price anyway. I actually preferred Avengers and Star Wars 7 on the go, I ended up buying Avengers on 3DS first, then loved it enough to buy the full thing on PS4, then stumbled into a Vita copy for cheap not much later, funnily enough the 3DS version is the only one I haven't 100%'d.

Time zone translated, and that RCR thing is at 2am for me, it's currently twenty past midnight and I'm starting to feel a bit tired, and my baby's nearly down. I'm tempted to stay up and grab it, but if I stay up to two I might fuck my sleeping pattern and I'm not sure I really want that for a game I don't need, but then I looked into how much it's going for on eBay, and I know scalpers are scalpers, but the cheapest PS4 copy is around 60 plus postage, so considering that the Switch copy looks as though it will hold it's value, and maybe even increase in value, I've decided I'm gonna pick it up. I mean, I want it for me anyway, but knowing it should always be worth something does help incentivize it. The question is, do I wanna stay up another hour and a half, or do I wanna check in the morning if it's still in stock or not, that's the million dollar question.

Oh, and also, since this is a thread for games on things other than PlayStations, I bought another Xbox One the other day. There's a reason, and it makes sense, but like, I never thought I'd own two Xbox Ones, let alone even one, after the fuck up that was E3 2013, and honestly, they've turned the brand around so much since then I think I'm actually ready to stop bringing it up regularly, they've done all they can and they've made Xbox One into a great place to play games, it's awesome.

Also the deal was 300 for the S and Forza 7 and Horizon 3. Sold 7 for 60 to a friend (cheapest copy here is 79), sold Horizon online for 50 (it comes with DLC, but that's a reasonable ask), so that brings it down to 190. We needed a new remote, RRP is 100, cheapest you'll ever find is around 70, so now it's 120 for a whole new console, sans controller. I was gonna sell it for 200 or 250 without the remote, because we were after the remote, but the missus kinda wants to keep the thing now for some reason. Anyway, if we did keep it, I was gonna buy a 1tb drive for the 'Bone we had, so in keeping this we get an extra 500gb so that's another 70 odd saved on a halfway decent 1tb drive. Taking the controller, selling the games, and the hard drive into consideration, I basically picked up a brand new Xbox One S for 50 bucks. Good deal if you ask me, pays to shop around.

53 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

See, I really wanted to get it on Wii U, but it always held it's price way too much for me to justify. When it hit the Nintendo Classics (or whatever they call it) thing recently, it dropped to RRP 50, which was still too much for a game that old, but by then the thing had already been dumped on Xbone and PS4. I have enough Lego games on both of them, so I'd always have gone with the Switch version. Supposedly there's some stuff missing, like some thing with a Mario hat or something, I don't know. The tablet thing he uses' inspiration is quite clear though.

Wasn't the 3DS version a completely different side story game? Honestly all the more confusing. This one is by TT Fusion, who are usually the portable team, but then there was a different portable version as well? I don't know. Anyway, the portable Legos are hit and miss, the early PSP ones are ace, then the 3DS ones up until pretty much Avengers and Star Wars (outside of the odd one) weren't really worth while in my opinion, at least not at their asking price anyway. I actually preferred Avengers and Star Wars 7 on the go, I ended up buying Avengers on 3DS first, then loved it enough to buy the full thing on PS4, then stumbled into a Vita copy for cheap not much later, funnily enough the 3DS version is the only one I haven't 100%'d.

Hmm, here in the states the Classics line is typically $20, which I think is a good value for LEGO City Undercover. But the non-Nintendo-exclusive (at the time) LEGO games drop even lower of course. Anyway, I understand missing out on it, most people have to pick and choose what to get.

The Mario hat was unlocked at some point, I think after getting 100% completion. But there were quite a few other Nintendo references also. I knew they'd be cut from the PS4/X1 versions, but I assumed they would be there in the Switch version. Hopefully that is the case. None of them change the gameplay at all, but they are cool little cameos for Nintendo fans. 

The 3DS version (called The Chase Begins) is a story prequel to the main Wii U game. It is a full blown experience a bit like the early PSP games; it was not one of the smartphone ports like the recent Vita games. It's definitely a case of a game trying to be a cut-down version of the console experience, but without the horsepower to make it succeed. Still, it was fun for what it was, and people were hoping it would be included in the port of the main game. 

Anyway, have fun with the Switch version of LEGO City Undercover. It's a cool game. 

Speaking of the Wii U, I recently got back into Affordable Space Adventures. I got it when it first came out but never finished it. Now I'm trying to get to the end since it uses Miiverse as part of the ending (and Miiverse is unfortunately shutting down next month). It's a really unique and cool puzzle game, and I wish it would get ported to 3DS so more people could play it. It could maybe work on Switch but it relies on dual screens, and I'm having a hard time seeing how it would work without it. Maybe the ship controls (which are touch buttons on the Gamepad) could "frame" the game screen on the Switch, but then it would require Handheld Mode. Hmm. It's one of the few games that really utilized the Wii U Gamepad in a unique way. 

53 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Oh, and also, since this is a thread for games on things other than PlayStations, I bought another Xbox One the other day. There's a reason, and it makes sense, but like, I never thought I'd own two Xbox Ones, let alone even one, after the fuck up that was E3 2013, and honestly, they've turned the brand around so much since then I think I'm actually ready to stop bringing it up regularly, they've done all they can and they've made Xbox One into a great place to play games, it's awesome.

Also the deal was 300 for the S and Forza 7 and Horizon 3. Sold 7 for 60 to a friend (cheapest copy here is 79), sold Horizon online for 50 (it comes with DLC, but that's a reasonable ask), so that brings it down to 190. We needed a new remote, RRP is 100, cheapest you'll ever find is around 70, so now it's 120 for a whole new console, sans controller. I was gonna sell it for 200 or 250 without the remote, because we were after the remote, but the missus kinda wants to keep the thing now for some reason. Anyway, if we did keep it, I was gonna buy a 1tb drive for the 'Bone we had, so in keeping this we get an extra 500gb so that's another 70 odd saved on a halfway decent 1tb drive. Taking the controller, selling the games, and the hard drive into consideration, I basically picked up a brand new Xbox One S for 50 bucks. Good deal if you ask me, pays to shop around.

I agree that Microsoft did a great job of turning the Xbox One around. It had External Hard Drive support (for games, not just music and such) from day one (like Wii U did), and I'm certain that was a big part of the reason Sony finally added that feature to the PS4 with a firmware update. 

Backwards compatibility is also a great feature, which is handy for me since I never owned a X360. I still think the X1's biggest problem is a lack of exclusive games. Don't get me wrong; there are some really fun exclusives - but there aren't very many. Sunset Overdrive was the reason I got a X1 in the first place, and I have had fun with Dead Rising 3 and a few indie games. But almost every new game also comes out on PC now and it makes the console less exciting for me. It's definitely my least-played console. Once I get through the handful of exclusives on my backlog, it will probably collect dust even more. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

Finished Thimbleweed Park, very cool game. Though as with Sam & Max Hit The Road, the meta of it all and purposely anticlimactic ending stops it from being one of my all-time top favourites, which are still only Day Of The Tentacle and Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis.

Now on with Golf Story and Axiom Verge, next week is South Park!

• Like 1

Picross S is becoming fun to play with the missus, now we're at the 15x15 games. Still, we're used to 20x30 monstrosities.

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy I just noticed a new South Park episode on TV Time (where I keep track of what I have seen), it's called "Franchise Prequel"... Think we've got our tie-in! I'm behind though, still have to start this season.

7 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy I just noticed a new South Park episode on TV Time (where I keep track of what I have seen), it's called "Franchise Prequel"... Think we've got our tie-in! I'm behind though, still have to start this season.

I tried to download it last night but forgot / gave up and ended up watching half of Guitar Queer-o. Classic.

Anyway, I'm gonna end up watching it tonight.

South Park is in such a weird spot in Australia. Free to air channel SBS has shown new episodes since forever, I was watching it on their channel over 10 years ago when I had to beg to stay up half an hour later than my bed time to watch it. Anyway, then in 2009 channel 9 made another channel, Go!, which then took old episodes of South Park, while SBS still had new ones. Then Comedy Channel on Foxtel (which is the pay TV service here) took new episodes and that got in the way. Then SBS's second channel, Viceland, ended up getting new episodes again but they were like a couple weeks late. Throw in streaming services, Netflix has nothing South Park, but Stan, one of it's bigger rivals here, does. They however, only have season 15 to 19 which is even more confusing, that's where I've been watching most of my reruns as of late.

So basically. The show is spread across a million different places, and I just download the damn thing at this point, that way it's more recent and relevant, which is kind of important in the last couple seasons. I have Stan, I have the free to air channels, I even have god damn Foxtel in my house, including the comedy package, and I watch on those platforms whenever I can, but basically, I can't say I feel bad about downloading the show at this point. Especially since they put it up on their South Park Studios website for everyone to watch for free anyway...unless you don't live in the US.

Anyway. I'll watch it tonight with the missus in all likelihood, I'll bop back then, but I'm keen.

/////////////////////////////

Also boiz. 

Insane Mingolf, or whatever that one by Zen Studios is called, is I think 30% off. 

It's normally 19 and change here, and now it's on sale for just over 10 bucks.

I've not yet jumped in, but it looks fun.

Bye.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:48 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Finished Thimbleweed Park, very cool game. Though as with Sam & Max Hit The Road, the meta of it all and purposely anticlimactic ending stops it from being one of my all-time top favourites, which are still only Day Of The Tentacle and Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis.

Now on with Golf Story and Axiom Verge, next week is South Park!

Nice one, I ended up picking it up on PS which was probably a mistake as I understand you can use touchscreen on the Switch. Oh well. Glad to hear it was good.

How r u finding golf story ? Only in a bit myself but enjoying it a lot.

Honestly I don't know where else to write this. So I went out and bought a Switch last night, I got the Neon Version which came with Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. it's not such a bad game if you like g-rated Xcom . It feels like this console will have a decent future, My only complaint is the Wifi on mine is so weak that I can't connect in my gaming room. I will have to get a lan/usb adapter (unofficial) which is ok I guess. As I have Mario Kart 8 and Zelda Botw on the Wii u I doubt I'll be buying them, However Bomberman R should be mine soon. I'm yet to link My Nintendo account from the Wii U though I'll probably do that tonight.

That's all I have for you guys though I'll follow this thread more often.

30 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Honestly I don't know where else to write this. So I went out and bought a Switch last night, I got the Neon Version which came with Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. it's not such a bad game if you like g-rated Xcom . It feels like this console will have a decent future, My only complaint is the Wifi on mine is so weak that I can't connect in my gaming room. I will have to get a lan/usb adapter (unofficial) which is ok I guess. As I have Mario Kart 8 and Zelda Botw on the Wii u I doubt I'll be buying them, However Bomberman R should be mine soon. I'm yet to link My Nintendo account from the Wii U though I'll probably do that tonight.

That's all I have for you guys though I'll follow this thread more often.

Sad to hear about your WiFi. Mine did an odd thing this morning, I told the thing to download the Oceanhorn demo while I went to make a sandwich for my lunch, I was like 3 minutes from heading out the door to the bus and it went to download fine, then I turn the thing back on a minute or so later and it says it's not connected. Fucking weird. Anyway, it reloaded and downloaded just quick enough and I made the bus, and then made the train, and then made the tram, and then walked the rest of the way. Thank you, all-mighty Switch, for making public transport fun again.

Anyway, that sucks. I mostly popped on here to say that they make an official LAN adapter nowadays for the Switch https://ebgames.com.au/nintendo-switch-225323-Nintendo-Switch-LAN-Adapter-Switch

Edit: Oh, you're an Aussie. You in Melbourne by any chance? Gotta get a Switch meetup happening with a few of the other "joycon boyz" in the area so I can mug them and sell their Switches on eBay play some Mario Kart with randos at a park or something nice in the summer. Actually, I'd never have the time anyway. Forget I said anything.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy