Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

39 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Sad to hear about your WiFi. Mine did an odd thing this morning, I told the thing to download the Oceanhorn demo while I went to make a sandwich for my lunch, I was like 3 minutes from heading out the door to the bus and it went to download fine, then I turn the thing back on a minute or so later and it says it's not connected. Fucking weird. Anyway, it reloaded and downloaded just quick enough and I made the bus, and then made the train, and then made the tram, and then walked the rest of the way. Thank you, all-mighty Switch, for making public transport fun again.

Anyway, that sucks. I mostly popped on here to say that they make an official LAN adapter nowadays for the Switch https://ebgames.com.au/nintendo-switch-225323-Nintendo-Switch-LAN-Adapter-Switch

Edit: Oh, you're an Aussie. You in Melbourne by any chance? Gotta get a Switch meetup happening with a few of the other "joycon boyz" in the area so I can mug them and sell their Switches on eBay play some Mario Kart with randos at a park or something nice in the summer. Actually, I'd never have the time anyway. Forget I said anything.

Lol ....... I am still waiting to see anyone playing it in public, of course I have been waiting for the last 3 years to see someone in the Vita so I can play the long game

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Sad to hear about your WiFi. Mine did an odd thing this morning, I told the thing to download the Oceanhorn demo while I went to make a sandwich for my lunch, I was like 3 minutes from heading out the door to the bus and it went to download fine, then I turn the thing back on a minute or so later and it says it's not connected. Fucking weird. Anyway, it reloaded and downloaded just quick enough and I made the bus, and then made the train, and then made the tram, and then walked the rest of the way. Thank you, all-mighty Switch, for making public transport fun again.

Anyway, that sucks. I mostly popped on here to say that they make an official LAN adapter nowadays for the Switch https://ebgames.com.au/nintendo-switch-225323-Nintendo-Switch-LAN-Adapter-Switch

Edit: Oh, you're an Aussie. You in Melbourne by any chance? Gotta get a Switch meetup happening with a few of the other "joycon boyz" in the area so I can mug them and sell their Switches on eBay play some Mario Kart with randos at a park or something nice in the summer. Actually, I'd never have the time anyway. Forget I said anything.

So the adapter at EB seems to be the best bet unless I find a 3rd party with a ASIX AX88772 chipset. I was reading a fair bit about switches Wifi and really thought it was just your regular internet complaining, however mine is pretty bad though my house is like a bomb shelter. That's all fine though, there is always a work around.

I am from Sydney though live and work in Brisneyland where people probably would mug you for a switch ;)

I honestly like the switch so far.

5 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

LEAKED RED DEAD 2 SCREENS FOR NINTENDO SWITCH

lego.jpg

5 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

What's with the clickbait?:lol:

Well, it made me laugh, so I guess at least there's that.

I don't mind games like RDR2 or AC:O not coming to the Switch. I'd play them on the graphically superior PS4 anyways. Though I do love that L.A. Noire iscoming to the Switch and I wouldn't mind getting Portal 1 and 2, for instance.

3 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Honestly I don't know where else to write this. So I went out and bought a Switch last night, I got the Neon Version which came with Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. it's not such a bad game if you like g-rated Xcom . It feels like this console will have a decent future, My only complaint is the Wifi on mine is so weak that I can't connect in my gaming room. I will have to get a lan/usb adapter (unofficial) which is ok I guess. As I have Mario Kart 8 and Zelda Botw on the Wii u I doubt I'll be buying them, However Bomberman R should be mine soon. I'm yet to link My Nintendo account from the Wii U though I'll probably do that tonight.

That's all I have for you guys though I'll follow this thread more often.

Welcome! I thought Mario + Rabbids was fun, not amazing but nice and different for both Nintendo and Ubisoft.

There's a lot of fun eShop games, like Golf Story and Fast RMX.

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

Lol ....... I am still waiting to see anyone playing it in public, of course I have been waiting for the last 3 years to see someone in the Vita so I can play the long game

Does the game store count? It has Friday night Switch nights now. Otherwise, I'm not often at places where one might play on the Switch.

On 12/10/2017 at 4:42 AM, CjShai said:

Nice one, I ended up picking it up on PS which was probably a mistake as I understand you can use touchscreen on the Switch. Oh well. Glad to hear it was good.

How r u finding golf story ? Only in a bit myself but enjoying it a lot.

I hardly used the touch screen in Thimbleweed Park though, I didn't really mind using the controller.

I'm at 5+ hours (probably nearing 10) and I really like it, glad I bought it so soon and showed support.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Welcome! I thought Mario + Rabbids was fun, not amazing but nice and different for both Nintendo and Ubisoft.

I'm not minding Mario + Rabbids at all and I'm also interested in Golf Story. My back log of current games is crazy so I'll be taking it slow on the switch for the time being, I definitely have Bomberman in view.

2 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I'm not minding Mario + Rabbids at all and I'm also interested in Golf Story. My back log of current games is crazy so I'll be taking it slow on the switch for the time being, I definitely have Bomberman in view.

I'd like to play Super Bomberman R but only for €15 or less, it's supposed to be very underwhelming for people playing for the story.

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I don't mind games like RDR2 or AC:O not coming to the Switch. I'd play them on the graphically superior PS4 anyways. Though I do love that L.A. Noire iscoming to the Switch and I wouldn't mind getting Portal 1 and 2, for instance.

Does the game store count? It has Friday night Switch nights now. Otherwise, I'm not often at places where one might play on the Switch.

I hardly used the touch screen in Thimbleweed Park though, I didn't really mind using the controller.

I'm at 5+ hours (probably nearing 10) and I really like it, glad I bought it so soon and showed support.

I don't ever see portal happening with valve only giving a crap about steam nowadays

11 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

LEAKED RED DEAD 2 SCREENS FOR NINTENDO SWITCH

lego.jpg

Haha, nicely done! 

What a great game... keep posting screenshots and I'll be tempted to buy it again on Switch!

I don't remember ever riding a horse though... 

While we're talking weird Switch stories... this morning I was sitting in my car, waiting for my commuter driver to pull up to take me to work. I launched MK8D, and then I noticed my driver had pulled up, so I shoved it back in the case and my backpack. The thing is, I forgot to hit home and/or turn the screen off. I didn't think to check on it during the drive, so I didn't touch it again until I got to work an hour later. I opened my backpack and noticed a strange noise. The Switch was still on and the fan was going full power. The screen never shut off and it was really hot. Anyway, I immediately exited the game and put it in sleep mode to let it cool down. 

I had assumed it would act like the Vita and go to sleep after a few minutes of no active input, and it definitely did not do that. I will keep that in mind for the future. 

14 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'd like to play Super Bomberman R but only for €15 or less, it's supposed to be very underwhelming for people playing for the story.

I've heard the same though I don't mind, I've owned and played all the Snes releases and the 2 on the Sega Saturn. If I can get some couch co-op with my old friends going it will make for some interesting nights.

I've registered my old wii/wiiu account using my mobile as a wifi hotspot, I still have some credit in the store. I noticed the online charges coming in 2018 though I feel this is a good thing if we are getting decent online.

I'm probably never going to use it as a handheld unless on holidays tbh, though that's the same as the Vita where I play a Vita TV that's been white listed.

Like all consoles I own I want to always buy a hard copy of a game where I can, luckily enough this is region free so just one more to add on to Japan trips. This is a quality product from Nintendo without doubt, kind of feels good to be back with the big N.

16 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

I'm probably never going to use it as a handheld unless on holidays tbh, though that's the same as the Vita where I play a Vita TV that's been white listed.

We'll talk in a month or two. I proclaimed I'd never use it as a handheld unless I was on holidays, but I came back from that hard. Using it about 50/50 now.

16 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Like all consoles I own I want to always buy a hard copy of a game where I can, luckily enough this is region free so just one more to add on to Japan trips. This is a quality product from Nintendo without doubt, kind of feels good to be back with the big N.

I've only bought two retail games for the Switch, I even bought Mario Kart digitally day one. Thinking about buying Odyssey digitally as well.

28 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

We'll talk in a month or two. I proclaimed I'd never use it as a handheld unless I was on holidays, but I came back from that hard. Using it about 50/50 now.

I've only bought two retail games for the Switch, I even bought Mario Kart digitally day one. Thinking about buying Odyssey digitally as well.

I'm one of those guys that has an entire gaming room with shelves of games and consoles dating back to the stone age. I was playing Food Fight on my Atari XEGS just last night, So I want those hard copies unless it is a digital only. Not being anti digital here, just old school :)

6 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Perhaps a redundant question, but would this little spec of dust bother anybody else? Applied a tempered glass screen protector, and I'm pretty annoyed with it already.

2Sjc7pG.jpg

I'd compare it to a dead pixel in annoyance, although I know for a fact it's just a bit of dust.

I noticed a bit of dust or hair or whatever under my screen protector, horizontally about in the middle and about one fourth from the top, not even 1mm long but it annoys me whenever I see it again. Have the same thing going on with my phone. Honestly, I don't notice it all that often though. I always figure, if I take off the screen protector and put on a new one it's probably going to look even worse and I can't guarantee not getting even more stuff stuck in there.

6 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I'm one of those guys that has an entire gaming room with shelves of games and consoles dating back to the stone age. I was playing Food Fight on my Atari XEGS just last night, So I want those hard copies unless it is a digital only. Not being anti digital here, just old school :)

I used to be retail only but somewhere along the line I stopped caring, on the Switch was the first time I actually bought a retail game digitally at full price. I have enough stuff lying around and I think it's better for the environment if I buy more digitally.

On 10/13/2017 at 2:28 PM, CjShai said:

I've not seen anyone with a Vita outside of a couple people I actually know. Switch I ran into a guy on the tram the day of release who'd just bought one, but that's nothing surprising really. There was a dude in one of the classes opposite me at my institution thing and he had one. His name ended being Dylan too. Then he ended up being a creep and trying to sext a friend of mine, maybe it's good Nintendo don't let people message you. Anyway, I think there was another one or two sightings, but not a million so far either.

On 10/13/2017 at 3:14 PM, Z1MZUM said:

So the adapter at EB seems to be the best bet unless I find a 3rd party with a ASIX AX88772 chipset. I was reading a fair bit about switches Wifi and really thought it was just your regular internet complaining, however mine is pretty bad though my house is like a bomb shelter. That's all fine though, there is always a work around.

I am from Sydney though live and work in Brisneyland where people probably would mug you for a switch ;)

I honestly like the switch so far.

I feel you. I can't get any free to air signals in any of the god damn rooms in my house. I actually have an app on my Xbox to watch the free channels through the internet. 

23 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Haha, nicely done! 

What a great game... keep posting screenshots and I'll be tempted to buy it again on Switch!

I don't remember ever riding a horse though... 

While we're talking weird Switch stories... this morning I was sitting in my car, waiting for my commuter driver to pull up to take me to work. I launched MK8D, and then I noticed my driver had pulled up, so I shoved it back in the case and my backpack. The thing is, I forgot to hit home and/or turn the screen off. I didn't think to check on it during the drive, so I didn't touch it again until I got to work an hour later. I opened my backpack and noticed a strange noise. The Switch was still on and the fan was going full power. The screen never shut off and it was really hot. Anyway, I immediately exited the game and put it in sleep mode to let it cool down. 

I had assumed it would act like the Vita and go to sleep after a few minutes of no active input, and it definitely did not do that. I will keep that in mind for the future. 

I had a few dumb screens but decided against posting. I was gonna go with a theme of "Nintendo Switch doesn't need X because Lego City is X" there was one of undercover Chase shimmying along a building, that was gonna be the Bourne Identity. Then there was the one where you climb out of the water near the dam on those handle things, obviously Uncharted. Horsey was Red Dead. And so on. Only one that I thought was actually half funny was when you do the chicken hover thing into the circles, Superman 64.

I don't think you have to ride the horse. I just found one on the mission when you're at the farm. I'm pretty close to clocking it, I got a couple 5 hours or so in on the two days I went into my course, half hour train, 10 minute wait for train after bus, there and back, plus the tram and whatnot. Anyway, I really dig it. I really dug Lego Marvel 1, and that was the one that got me back into Lego after about 5 years or so of not really giving a crap, and I reckon Lego City gives it a run for it's money, I just got the helicopter yesterday though and damn that is so much better. So liberating being able to just fly over the thing, but if you give too much of that stuff then you end up like super powered Saints Row, having no reason to drive a car anymore in a game where cars are meant to be pretty integral.

Mine kills itself after an hour or so I think. There's gotta be a setting for it somewhere. If I'm out with it, I'm too battery conscious and wouldn't be caught dead forgetting to turn it off.

On 10/13/2017 at 4:34 PM, BillyHorrible said:

I'm here all week.

I would buy on Switch if the release date was the same, no matter the game, but I've been a hardcore portable gamer since like 2007 when I got my damn PSP. Hell, there was a chilli festival thing we used to go to when I was a youngin' and there was a super hot chilli thing in a cup and if you drank it you got 200 bucks. I saw a guy who did it, and he was still crying with a fully purple face about 7 hours later. I was willing to drink that shit to buy myself a god damn GBA. In hindsight, I'm glad I wasn't allowed to. 

Anyway, Wolfenstein is a good example. I would infinitely prefer that on the Switch, but I'd also prefer to not wait half a year and avoid spoilers. Of course, I'm not super into Wolfenstein (I enjoy the shit out of it, but it's not like in my top 10 or anything) so I'll just wait for the Switch version anyway, so I guess it's not a good example. Let's pretend Red Dead 2 was coming to Switch, and it was gonna be a full year later. Well, I'd buy it on PS4. Same day? I'd choose Switch every time. It's called being a bitch and giving in to timed exclusivity. 

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Fuck, did Axiom Verge just ZOOM OUT to be able to fit a boss on one screen?

Damn, I'm going to die so hard...

Yeah, it does that a few times. It really is a well designed game. 

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I had a few dumb screens but decided against posting. I was gonna go with a theme of "Nintendo Switch doesn't need X because Lego City is X" there was one of undercover Chase shimmying along a building, that was gonna be the Bourne Identity. Then there was the one where you climb out of the water near the dam on those handle things, obviously Uncharted. Horsey was Red Dead. And so on. Only one that I thought was actually half funny was when you do the chicken hover thing into the circles, Superman 64.

I don't think you have to ride the horse. I just found one on the mission when you're at the farm. I'm pretty close to clocking it, I got a couple 5 hours or so in on the two days I went into my course, half hour train, 10 minute wait for train after bus, there and back, plus the tram and whatnot. Anyway, I really dig it. I really dug Lego Marvel 1, and that was the one that got me back into Lego after about 5 years or so of not really giving a crap, and I reckon Lego City gives it a run for it's money, I just got the helicopter yesterday though and damn that is so much better. So liberating being able to just fly over the thing, but if you give too much of that stuff then you end up like super powered Saints Row, having no reason to drive a car anymore in a game where cars are meant to be pretty integral.

Mine kills itself after an hour or so I think. There's gotta be a setting for it somewhere. If I'm out with it, I'm too battery conscious and wouldn't be caught dead forgetting to turn it off.

I'd enjoy seeing those dumb screens if you change your mind. I can understand if you want to hold off though, posting too many pictures might break your compuper. :P

I got 100% completion back when I played it on Wii U, which I figure took about 40 hours with all the travelling back and forth hunting down collectibles and such. But the story is great even if you don't go for everything. I loved all the stupid jokes and pop culture gags (e.g. Dirty Harry). 

I checked my Switch power settings, and it is set to go to sleep after 10 minutes in handheld mode. So I'm guessing that it only works when games are "minimized" (which would be weird and not how the Vita works) or else sitting in my backpack, the Switch's sticks or buttons were being pushed down. Anyway, it was a good warning for me to not let that happen again... all to squeeze in 2 minutes of gaming while I waited for my ride... oh well, I finished one cup in each of the other MK8D categories (100, 150, Mirror, 200)... not placing first in any of them. So I'm done with the game for now; I'll try out Mario+Rabids before the big Mario Odyssey launch takes over my life. 

The battery isn't a real concern for me, since I have a USB-C cable (and portable charger) in my backpack (I haven't tested this though, I think there were reports this would only work if the Switch didn't have a game running?). Also, I have a USB-C charger at work, which comes in handy since my phone, tablet, and Switch are all USB-C. I for one, welcome our new technology overlords. I love USB-C and get annoyed going back to PS4, X1, and Vita where they use USB Micro (which I never liked in the first place, I always liked the bigger Mini better, like the PS3 controllers use). 

5 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I would buy on Switch if the release date was the same, no matter the game, but I've been a hardcore portable gamer since like 2007 when I got my damn PSP. Hell, there was a chilli festival thing we used to go to when I was a youngin' and there was a super hot chilli thing in a cup and if you drank it you got 200 bucks. I saw a guy who did it, and he was still crying with a fully purple face about 7 hours later. I was willing to drink that shit to buy myself a god damn GBA. In hindsight, I'm glad I wasn't allowed to. 

Anyway, Wolfenstein is a good example. I would infinitely prefer that on the Switch, but I'd also prefer to not wait half a year and avoid spoilers. Of course, I'm not super into Wolfenstein (I enjoy the shit out of it, but it's not like in my top 10 or anything) so I'll just wait for the Switch version anyway, so I guess it's not a good example. Let's pretend Red Dead 2 was coming to Switch, and it was gonna be a full year later. Well, I'd buy it on PS4. Same day? I'd choose Switch every time. It's called being a bitch and giving in to timed exclusivity. 

I think I'm in between you and @BillyHorrible when it comes to platform preference. I am a huge portable gaming fan, but I also think there are a few games I'd prefer to play on PS4. Mostly though, I would definitely prefer Switch. I am looking forward to more third party and indie games that I previously got on the Switch. Looking at my third party and indie library on the Wii U and 3DS (which was the first generation Nintendo really pushed for indie games, which doubtless helped the Wii U get the modest success it had), they are almost all Nintendo exclusives or timed Nintendo exclusives. Most of those games were on my PS4/Vita instead. But I think the Switch has the chance to change that pattern. And of course the first party games are great so far and will continue to be (Nintendo has traditionally done well there; the Wii U had awesome first party games but missed some key franchises that Switch is getting, like Metroid and full-blown 3D Mario). 

5 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yeah, it does that a few times. It really is a well designed game. 

In case I forget to say this once I finish the game (which should be tomorrow, if I can get past the ceiling boss that spams lasers and homing laser bullets): I do enjoy the game but I don't think everything is without flaw: most importantly, where you need to go next is not always clear. I'm also not a fan of much of the music, with the exception of one amaxing bit that almost rivals Simon's Theme from Castlevania IV in my eyes. There are a few other points but I'll save them for the large review once I'm done with the game.

11 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Let's pretend Red Dead 2 was coming to Switch, and it was gonna be a full year later. Well, I'd buy it on PS4. Same day? I'd choose Switch every time. It's called being a bitch and giving in to timed exclusivity. 

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I think I'm in between you and @BillyHorrible when it comes to platform preference. I am a huge portable gaming fan, but I also think there are a few games I'd prefer to play on PS4. Mostly though, I would definitely prefer Switch.

Just to be clear, I prefer to buy on the Switch (in large part because of the home/handheld hybrid thing), with only the exception of titles that need superior graphics, like Assassin's Creed. Those will be the titles I'll keep buying on PS4 even if they come to the Switch.

I'll buy L.A. Noirr on the Switch but that's a last gen remaster and I'm feeling like it won't necessarily look better with "updated" graphics, better go for the handheld version in this case.

17 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I noticed a bit of dust or hair or whatever under my screen protector, horizontally about in the middle and about one fourth from the top, not even 1mm long but it annoys me whenever I see it again. Have the same thing going on with my phone. Honestly, I don't notice it all that often though. I always figure, if I take off the screen protector and put on a new one it's probably going to look even worse and I can't guarantee not getting even more stuff stuck in there.

Yeah. That's why I'm debating whether to just remove the protector all together. I've had my phone for two years and it's still in mint condition. But that's not really what concerns me, it's getting my Switch screen scratched from the dock. I doubt it's a problem anymore with the newer batch of Switches, but you never know. For now I'll probably just ignore it as best I can, but I know eventually it'll drive me ape and I'll pull the screen off and throw it away.

Kinda funny though since it's something so small. It does kinda stand out in bright colours though.

Well, it seems like me and the missus will have another game to play soon: Putty Pals.

It looks a bit simplistic and kiddie, but it's been out on Steam since last February and response has been positive, both for young and adult players. It's also only €8,50 which seems very fair for a game that's $10 on Steam (and €10 on there as well, by the way).

Got to say, really loving it that the Switch is giving me such a diverse selection of games to play with others - Snipperclips, Mario Kart, Picross S...

8 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Yeah. That's why I'm debating whether to just remove the protector all together. I've had my phone for two years and it's still in mint condition. But that's not really what concerns me, it's getting my Switch screen scratched from the dock. I doubt it's a problem anymore with the newer batch of Switches, but you never know. For now I'll probably just ignore it as best I can, but I know eventually it'll drive me ape and I'll pull the screen off and throw it away.

Kinda funny though since it's something so small. It does kinda stand out in bright colours though.

I won't let my Switch or phone go without screen protection. I destroyed two phones through an unlucky fall and just a scratch would already be very annoying.

Edited by BillyHorrible
Price for Putty Pals

15 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

In case I forget to say this once I finish the game (which should be tomorrow, if I can get past the ceiling boss that spams lasers and homing laser bullets): I do enjoy the game but I don't think everything is without flaw: most importantly, where you need to go next is not always clear. I'm also not a fan of much of the music, with the exception of one amaxing bit that almost rivals Simon's Theme from Castlevania IV in my eyes. There are a few other points but I'll save them for the large review once I'm done with the game.

Yeah, I think I already mentioned the occasional lack of direction. Compared to official Metroid games, they don't have the same issue. 

I think I liked the music, but it has been a while since I played (apart from playing about 30 minutes recently when I resumed the game to finally beat it). 

It's not flawless but I'm glad I bought it at full price. It's the closest thing we got to a new 2D Metroid game until Metroid  Samus Returns came out this year. The last one before that was on GBA! So it's been a while. 

I just started Mario+Rabbids... what a cool game! Between that,  Picross S, World of Goo, Human Resource Machine, and all the other games on my backlog, I have a nice selection of genres! If the Switch succeeds in big third party games from Bethesda and Rockstar, hopefully they will bring over other games and other publishers will come onboard too. Imagine the PS2-era GTA games on Switch... or even a GTA5 that was in between the PS3 and PS4 versions. How cool would that be? 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I just finished Axiom Verge, very cool game. I also picked up Stardew Valley, let's see if everyone is correct in calling it a great relaxing game because I never liked Minecraft.

I don't think I'd compare Stardew Valley to Minecraft, they're hugely different. Coming from someone who doesn't really like Harvest Moon games, I absolutely loved Stardew Valley, it definitely is relaxing in its atmosphere, and there's no shortage of things to do or people to talk with in the game. Hope that you enjoy it.

3 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yeah, I think I already mentioned the occasional lack of direction. Compared to official Metroid games, they don't have the same issue. 

I think I liked the music, but it has been a while since I played (apart from playing about 30 minutes recently when I resumed the game to finally beat it). 

It's not flawless but I'm glad I bought it at full price. It's the closest thing we got to a new 2D Metroid game until Metroid  Samus Returns came out this year. The last one before that was on GBA! So it's been a while. 

Yeah, luckily I was warned by a couple of people about the lack of direction, that made it less of a surprise.

Meant to put the one piece of music that I loved from the soundtrack in the post you quoted, here it is:

Luckily,I can get past "not flawless" or I wouldn't like much. Axiom Verge entertained me for most of the ten hours that I played it and annoyed me very little. In the end, this may just be the game that opens me up to true MetroidVania style gaming.

3 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I just started Mario+Rabbids... what a cool game! Between that,  Picross S, World of Goo, Human Resource Machine, and all the other games on my backlog, I have a nice selection of genres! If the Switch succeeds in big third party games from Bethesda and Rockstar, hopefully they will bring over other games and other publishers will come onboard too. Imagine the PS2-era GTA games on Switch... or even a GTA5 that was in between the PS3 and PS4 versions. How cool would that be? 

I'd buy GTA V on the Switch for sure, not sure about day one though as I played it on X360 and PS4 already but L.A. Noire I'm definitely getting right away to show support for the Switch.

I too really like the diversity of games on the Switch. I think you'd like Golf Story as well, another game that's completely different from everything else. Played another hour today, did the 'scary' course. Very funny, and helps with keeping the game from becoming boring, like I usually have with RPGs.

1 hour ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

I don't think I'd compare Stardew Valley to Minecraft, they're hugely different. Coming from someone who doesn't really like Harvest Moon games, I absolutely loved Stardew Valley, it definitely is relaxing in its atmosphere, and there's no shortage of things to do or people to talk with in the game. Hope that you enjoy it.

Well, speaking as someone whose last "just relax and build" game was probably Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, I don't see much of a difference on the surface except Minecraft is 3D and has much more than just farming (though it's all the same 'combine elements' gameplay. I'm ready to be proven wrong though, as I bought Stardew Valley while I got bored ten minutes into the Minecraft demo. There's probably a huge difference that I'm just not seeing without actively playing.

18 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I too really like the diversity of games on the Switch. I think you'd like Golf Story as well, another game that's completely different from everything else. Played another hour today, did the 'scary' course. Very funny, and helps with keeping the game from becoming boring, like I usually have with RPGs.

Hmm, I can't remember the last golf game I played. I make fun of actual golf every chance I get, but in a game where it's part of a RPG experience I might enjoy it. 

Also, I finished Affordable Space Adventures on Wii U last night. I really wish this could come to Switch somehow, but without dual screens it would need some major changes. It's definitely a highlight of the Wii U eShop, and probably the game that makes the best use of the Wii U Gamepad. 

41 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Hmm, I can't remember the last golf game I played. I make fun of actual golf every chance I get, but in a game where it's part of a RPG experience I might enjoy it. 

Well, the game màkes fun of golf a bit as well. A lot, actually. It's really not so much a golf game as it is a humorous RPG with SNES-type golf elements.

I'm not into golf myself at all but I really like Golf Story.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Well, my first hour with Stardew Valley was positive and I get (@TheFinalEmblem) why it's totally unlike Minecraft now.

It's very relaxing and I like it more than I thought I would. If I can stay awake, I'm going to play an hout or two in bed tonight.

My character's name is Billy by the way, favourite thing is pizza, farm name is Rogue.

... Rogue.

... As in, Rogue Farm?

... Never mind then.

The game placing 'Farm' at the end really made it more difficult for me. At first I did 'The Farm Awakens' but that was too many characters. In the end I went with 'Farm Solo', only to discover the game turned it into 'Farm Solo Farm' - shit, let's start over.

Also unfortunately, on day one I got hit by a bug that happens to more people apparently, where the audio starts glitching. Restarting again did the trick but let's hope for a patch soon.

... And yeah I'll talk about Stardew Valley in here since apparently all threads on the game that people have bothered to create are about trophies (and one thread apparently about how the PR guy for this game quit on Nintendo to do indie PR work for a game coming to PlayStation).

Edited by BillyHorrible