Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

Welcome to the family, y'all! First Nintendo console? Which games do you plan on getting? @TheFinalEmblem enjoy Breath Of The Wild, before it the only Zelda game I loved was Ocarina Of Time so I didn't expect much going in, but I think this might be the best game ever.

This is far from the first Nintendo console for me. I've owned every single one since the NES, I just wasn't able to afford a Switch when it first came out, so that's why I had to wait.

12 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

This is far from the first Nintendo console for me. I've owned every single one since the NES, I just wasn't able to afford a Switch when it first came out, so that's why I had to wait.

Nice. I've been with them since the SNES days (even back then, 8bit didn't do much for me so I was never into the NES), but I skipped the WiiU because it and its game library did not appeal to me at all.

I also would not have been able to afford a Switch day one but I sold my Vita, Wii and a bunch of other games I wasn't using any more. The Switch became the first console I bought day one, and the first Nintendo console I bought new in the store since the SNES. It's the second console I bought within its first year (PS4 being the first).

10 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

LA Noire is coming to the Switch, apparently (also to the PS4 and X1). I'll definitely get it but the 'when' will depend on the price.

Well we do know it is going to be €10 more expensive than its PS4 and Xbox counterparts (€50 on Switch and €40 elsewhere), probably due to the cost of the cartridge. Although a couple of games, such as Rime, were supposed to be €10 more expensive on the Switch before the price was lowered to match the price on the other consoles. Perhaps this is a wait and see situation before we find out the actual cost of the game.

Also welcome @A-Brawl3r and @TheFinalEmblem to the Switch family. Hope you survive enjoy the experience

19 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Well we do know it is going to be €10 more expensive than its PS4 and Xbox counterparts (€50 on Switch and €40 elsewhere), probably due to the cost of the cartridge. Although a couple of games, such as Rime, were supposed to be €10 more expensive on the Switch before the price was lowered to match the price on the other consoles. Perhaps this is a wait and see situation before we find out the actual cost of the game.

I'm getting the digital version regardless, it's not a game I'm selling again anyway.

On 08/09/2017 at 6:32 PM, Eyjabria said:

Just bought Mario + Rabbids Kingdom when we went to pick up my pre-ordered Monster Hunter Stories for 3DS. Probably going to try Mario + Rabbids this weekend. 263a.png

Don't forget to play Mario + Rabbids instead of just Splatoon 2 again ;-)

I've started jn the fourth world of Mario+Rabbids, apparently playing over fifteen hours already. I was in zone eight or nine in Sonic Mania but I decided to restart and spend some time looking for Chaos Emeralds.

40 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Don't forget to play Mario + Rabbids instead of just Splatoon 2 again ;-)

I've started jn the fourth world of Mario+Rabbids, apparently playing over fifteen hours already. I was in zone eight or nine in Sonic Mania but I decided to restart and spend some time looking for Chaos Emeralds.

I watched husbando play Mario + Rabbids a bit and it looked like a fun game. Very nice looking world and gameplay. I might jump in when he unlocks the co-op missions. I promise to try to play other games too aside from Splatoon 2. ?

Probably the best thing I've discovered, with the hurricane and all, if the electricity surges and everything gets shut off, the Switch just changes to the tablet. No longer will I have to fear losing progress due to something stupid and unexpected like a surge. Also, BotW was totally worth the wait. Only just beat my second Divine Beast, but I'm loving everything about this game.

• Like 2

Nintendo Direct announced for September 13th

Any thoughts on what could get announced? I imagine release dates for Rocket League and Skyrim, perhaps Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I am hoping for one or two surprises as well. The April Direct was full of them. If this Direct is something similar then it will be awesome :)

On 10/09/2017 at 9:28 AM, TheFinalEmblem said:

Probably the best thing I've discovered, with the hurricane and all, if the electricity surges and everything gets shut off, the Switch just changes to the tablet. No longer will I have to fear losing progress due to something stupid and unexpected like a surge. Also, BotW was totally worth the wait. Only just beat my second Divine Beast, but I'm loving everything about this game.

Good going! Personally,I love handheld mode because before the Switch, I had to buy games especially for holidays because I never played handhelds at home, but now I can just continue on whatever I had been playing at home. I took my PS4/Vita combo with me for two short holidays but that was such a hassle...

Breath Of The Wild is the first Zelda in ages that I actually loved instead of just liked.

1 hour ago, Miles_Warren said:

Any thoughts on what could get announced? I imagine release dates for Rocket League and Skyrim, perhaps Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I am hoping for one or two surprises as well. The April Direct was full of them. If this Direct is something similar then it will be awesome :)

It's been pointed out by media that Nintendo has no big title for Q1 2018 while that is the time when people who got the console for the winter holidays buy new games. This means that they're likely to announce either a new big title for that slot (like whatever Retro Studios has been working on for the past years), or a title we already knew about will be dated to that frame (like Kirby or Yoshi).

On 9/10/2017 at 3:28 AM, TheFinalEmblem said:

Interesting... of course with the tablet in the dock, you won't be able to see the game, possibly causing an in-game death. I remember Infamous Second Son on PS4 implemented a cool feature where the game pauses automatically if the controller battery dies (this should really be implemented universally at a console system level). It would be cool if the Switch could do that in the scenario where the dock loses power, but there's probably no way to flag that separately from simply removing the tablet as usual.

Personally, I always use a battery backup with my consoles. It has saved my game progress many times, and you can get a decent one for under $100. Usually in my case, it's not weather-related though; it's because of family members using the microwave at the same time as a vacuum, and because my house's electrical circuits were poorly planned, all of that stuff (and my entertainment center) all run off the same circuit which causes it to overload. Hopefully most people don't have that same problem, but anyway, a battery backup is a lifesaver for overloads and surges.

I recently finished the story in BotW, and I really enjoyed it. I have one optional story quest that I didn't complete (getting all 12 memories), so I'll use a guide for that and beat the final boss again, just for story completeness. I'm interested in the story DLC that is coming up, so I'll probably go back and spend more time with the game when that comes out.

On 9/11/2017 at 10:52 AM, Miles_Warren said:

Oh, I got my WiFi back in time just to see this, I can't wait. I definitely do hope Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gets a release date. 

3 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Does anybody can tell me, are games from GBA available on switch, curious.

Actually I want to know about Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow, since they seems lost in generations with Nintendo rights on it...

At the moment no, the virtual console hasn't been released yet on the switch, let alone any news on it at all

19 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

At the moment no, the virtual console hasn't been released yet on the switch, let alone any news on it at all

Yeah, I really wish they would say something.  I'm tired of waiting.  I haven't owned a Nintendo console since Gamecube and one of the deciding factors for me getting a Switch was VC.  I keep seeing cheap 3DS consoles for sale but don't buy because I'm waiting for some news on Switch VC.  Nintendo just announced that they will re-release the NES mini along with more SNES minis in 2018 so that may or may not affect Switch VC.  I hope they say something on the 13th.

Edited by angelgrievous

1 minute ago, angelgrievous said:

Yeah, I really wish they would say something.  I'm tired of waiting.  I haven't owned a Nintendo console since Gamecube and one of the deciding factors for me getting a Switch was VC.  I keep seeing cheap 3DS consoles for sale but don't buy because I'm waiting for some news on Switch VC.  Nintendo just announced that they will re-release the NES mini along with more SNES minis in 2018 so that may or may not affect Switch VC.  I hope they say something on the 13th.

I really want to know if the rumored GameCube titles are going to be a thing on the virtual console. 

17 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Does anybody can tell me, are games from GBA available on switch, curious.

Actually I want to know about Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow, since they seems lost in generations with Nintendo rights on it...

Those 2, along with Circle of the Moon, are available on Wii U's Virtual Console. Hopefully they will eventually make it to the Switch. I never understood why Nintendo was releasing GBA/DS games on the Wii U Virtual Console when it's not a portable system (except on your couch).

I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I'll echo some of you in hoping for Switch VC news in today's Direct.

4 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I'll echo some of you in hoping for Switch VC news in today's Direct.

I have stronger illness, echo of my hope wants to see them on Vita with rights belong to Sony ? I dunno, it seems stupid when series doesn't have one platform, where all games are.

43 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

I have stronger illness, echo of my hope wants to see them on Vita with rights belong to Sony 1f601.png I dunno, it seems stupid when series doesn't have one platform, where all games are.

Stronger illness indeed! At this point more Castlevania games have been on Nintendo systems than any other. I'd say we're more likely to see SotN on Switch than what you're saying, but that isn't likely either.

7 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Stronger illness indeed! At this point more Castlevania games have been on Nintendo systems than any other. I'd say we're more likely to see SotN on Switch than what you're saying, but that isn't likely either.

Well, if they do it on Switch, I'll think about to buy it, it worth it.

The Direct was absolutely awesome, imo. I'm immediately going to preorder the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition AND the themed Pro Controller, and I'm also gonna pre-order the 4 Champions amiibo for Breath of the Wild, if possible. I can't wait for December 1st now! Also seeing Lyn in Warriors was quite a surprise since they said they were going to deal with Fates, Awakening, and Shadow Dragons, the last of which I'm still waiting for more characters than just Marth. Still, it's awesome, and it'll probably pave the way for more FE 7 characters in the future, probably as DLC.

The new Snipperclips looks cool.

Great that Kirby Star Allies is supposed to come out soon in 2018.

On the topic of VC: we'll get it for sure at some point, but it will take some time. My personal guess is that, next to the SNES Mini, it's taking some time to map N64 and GC games in a comfortable way to Switch controllers.

P.S. I will probably sell my SNES once all games I have are released for VC. I've got a few cartridges that are worth multiple VC titles, like Castlevania IV. I've got all three DKC cartridges and one of them can fund the VC purchase of all three.

Edited by BillyHorrible

My thoughts on the Nintendo Direct:

• It seems the focus of this Direct was games releasing in late 2017/early 2018.
  • Still no solid release dates for Rocket League or WWE 2K18 ?
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is starting to improve in my eyes compared to their horrible E3 trailer. I've gone from "no way am I buying this game" to "eeeehhh....maybe". The special edition pack looks gorgeous and the new Pro Controller is nifty (although my Splatoon controller is still better).
  • Mario Odyssey is looking more and more incredible with every trailer they are showing. I can't believe this game is 6 weeks away. There is no question that Nintendo will be the big winners at the GotY awards - the question will be whether Odyssey or BotW will win GotY. I honestly thought BotW was a shoe-in but, now, I just don't know.
  • Skyrim seems to be the big Switch game for November. I'm going to pick it up for sure. Never played Skyrim so it seems like a good time to take an arrow to the knee. Bethesda are nailing the look of the game.
  • Speaking of Bethesda, I honestly thought Skyrim would be the only game we would get out of them before they ceased support for the Switch. Never thought we would get DOOM released on the Switch and I CERTAINLY never thought we would get Wolfenstein II out of them. I actually owe Bethesda an apology. They are showing incredible support unlike other developers *cough* Capcom *cough*
  • Project Octopath Traveller looks like a neat game. I may sign up for the Beta. I imagine the game is still a way off so I won't get too excited about the game just yet. Looks gorgeous though.
  • Arena of Valor is an incredibly important announcement for the Switch that I don't see too many people talking about. The Switch's first MOBA game is getting released. Fingers crossed it gets good support.
  • Just browsing through other video game forums and it seems like people are disappointed that Smash wasn't announced. This year alone we've already had Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart and Splatoon get released. Do people honestly think Nintendo are going to throw everything at us at once and leave nothing for 2018? Smash is coming. Be patient.
  • The fact that Kirby was shown in this Direct and not Yoshi seems to suggest that Kirby is getting released before Yoshi (my guess either February or March).

One final thought - third parties are showing incredible support for the Switch. This is something that we didn't have with the Wii U and was one of the reasons why it died a slow death. We need to support these developers when they release games on the system. As I've mentioned before, I've visited a few video game websites that were talking about this Direct and all I see are comments like "OMG, DOOM and Wolfenstein are on the Switch. I'm not going to buy them but this is amazing news" or "Why would I buy FIFA or NBA on the Switch when I can play it on the PS4?". I'm not saying we should buy every third party game out there, but maybe buy the occasional one on the Switch instead of the PS4.

The last thing I want is Nintendo games selling in the millions while third party games barely scrape past 500K. 

20 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

The fact that Kirby was shown in this Direct and not Yoshi seems to suggest that Kirby is getting released before Yoshi (my guess either February or March).

As I said before the Direct:

On 11/09/2017 at 6:08 PM, BillyHorrible said:

It's been pointed out by media that Nintendo has no big title for Q1 2018 while that is the time when people who got the console for the winter holidays buy new games. This means that they're likely to announce either a new big title for that slot (like whatever Retro Studios has been working on for the past years), or a title we already knew about will be dated to that frame (like Kirby or Yoshi).

Seems like February/March, and not late Spring, would be perfect for Kirby.

22 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Just browsing through other video game forums and it seems like people are disappointed that Smash wasn't announced. This year alone we've already had Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart and Splatoon get released. Do people honestly think Nintendo are going to throw everything at us at once and leave nothing for 2018? Smash is coming. Be patient.

One of the problems with the WiiU was spacing, too many periods of nothing in between games. Expect Nintendo to do one big game every two to three months on Switch.