Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

First: yes, I have put a pre-order on a certain Super Mario Odyssey merchandise that releases on Sunday, why do you ask?

Spoiler

VunuRCwl.jpg

Second, @angelgrievous, the first review for Golf Story is out (from Eurogamer) and it's pretty positive.

Third:

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

See, we clearly have different descriptions of insane puzzles. I would never in a million years think of the solution to the puzzle you mention. It's that kind of illogical logic that I call insane and have never gotten used to. 

That said, I think the solution is very funny. I would enjoy seeing that scene in a movie or cutscene for example. That's my dilemma, I've always enjoyed Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer's sense of humor, but I never liked that illogical puzzle gameplay. Thankfully for me, Schafer has moved onto other styles of gameplay that are much more enjoyable to me. Gilbert's career has been much more strange, and I haven't really kept up with it. 

Well, there's no accounting for taste. It was pretty much the first thing I tried whwn I realised that I needed to go there.

I like Schafer's sense of humour but I prefer the classic setup to the easy, streamlined way that point and clicks work now. Not just Telltale (which has basically become an interactive movie company), but also Double Fine stuff like The Cave or Broken Age. Enjoyable, but not as amazing as the classic verb-item setup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Golf Story definitely seems charming and interesting, but like @BillyHorrible I'm waiting to see more reviews before purchasing. I'm up to my ears in backlog (thanks to so many great games releasing this year) and would like to finish some games before buying or starting new ones.

I'm downloading it now.  I'll share my impressions after some time with it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, there's no accounting for taste. It was pretty much the first thing I tried whwn I realised that I needed to go there.

I like Schafer's sense of humour but I prefer the classic setup to the easy, streamlined way that point and clicks work now. Not just Telltale (which has basically become an interactive movie company), but also Double Fine stuff like The Cave or Broken Age. Enjoyable, but not as amazing as the classic verb-item setup.

Yeah, amazingly bad!

Seriously though, it's a gameplay style I tolerated when I was a teenager and had almost unlimited time to spend on a single game. Even then, I was frustrated in those games and often had to spend long amount of time trying to figure out how to progress. Playing a game with 5 hours of content and making it take 10 hours because I'm fighting controls or hunting for pixels, is not an enjoyable way for me to spend my limited gaming time as an adult. I haven't even been able to motivate myself to play Day of the Tentacle Remastered because I know I'll just use a walkthrough. I'd almost rather keep the game as a fond memory from my childhood. 

Interestingly enough, some of my fondest gaming experiences as a kid and teen are from point and click games, whether it's the LucasArts ones or Star Trek TNG: A Final Unity (thankfully that one did not have a lot of illogical puzzles). But I can't get into them now. 

On the topic of the Switch itself, I'll be grabbing Picross S tonight and hopefully getting back to SteamWorld Dig 2, which I haven't played in the past few days. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

It's a shame that Picross S doesn't include really big nonograms, the largest few are 20x15. Seems like they didn't figure out that the puzzles are insanely zoomed in when playing docked. I thought "MEGA Picross" meant huge puzzles, but that is not the case.

Oh well, can't really complain for 2.67 cents per puzzle. Though this does mean that I'm just going to play the entire thing with the missus.

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Seriously though, it's a gameplay style I tolerated when I was a teenager and had almost unlimited time to spend on a single game. Even then, I was frustrated in those games and often had to spend long amount of time trying to figure out how to progress. Playing a game with 5 hours of content and making it take 10 hours because I'm fighting controls or hunting for pixels, is not an enjoyable way for me to spend my limited gaming time as an adult. I haven't even been able to motivate myself to play Day of the Tentacle Remastered because I know I'll just use a walkthrough. I'd almost rather keep the game as a fond memory from my childhood. 

You'll be happy to know that Thimbleweed Park is bigger than the other games and should already take 10 hours from someone who understands its logic B)

It's really much more intuitive than the older games though, the example I mentioned is a rare occasion. It also helps that a fair bit of the more difficult parts I encountered are fenced off in small areas, so it's more obvious what needs to be done.

... But if you're too scared to try, you should get the forma.8 game, it's MetroidVania!

Related image

So I've put in a few hours of Golf Story.  

I've heard people say it's like the child of Mario Golf and Earthbound.  I haven't played either but I know enough about them to say this is probably a pretty good analogy.  It's a simple and cute RPG lite with a heavy emphasis on golf. The characters are charming, the story is fun, the dialogue is pretty damn funny at times, and the golf play is pretty good.  I like the music so far (just left my first club), and the 16-bit graphics look really great on the Switch Screen.  

The game starts off with the player character learning the game of golf from his dad, flash forward and you've decided to get back into golf.  You return to your fathers old club/course to find out if you've still got it and ask the clubs coach to look at your swing.  He declines, citing club rules about free coaching.  So now you have to set off and earn some money to get a lesson.  

You're free to run around the club/course completing small quest/training exercises to earn money from other golfers, this also nets you experience points which you can use to raise different traits that affect your golf swing.  Money can also be used to upgrade your equipment but I haven't gotten to a point where all of that is available.  I was able to purchase a disc but have yet to try out the disc golf course.  I ran around the course taking on small (and easy) tasks to earn enough money to get my first lesson but the coach turned me away, telling me I was no good.  

I was then tasked with challenging all of the coaches other students to prove I was the better golfer.  This was fun in that each student had their own challenge to tackle.  At the end of all of this I was able to play my first 9 holes of golf and report back to the coach with my score card.  This all took me about 2 hours and it was only the first club/course.  Once I got out to the open world I saw that there were at least 6-7 more club houses.  

I mentioned earlier that some of the challenges were easy, well, so far they've all been easy, really easy.  I hope that the difficulty ramps up later but I don't think I'll be too upset if it doesn't.  My biggest complaint is the actual golf mechanic.  It's fun to play and it works mostly the way it should but if you've played any Hot Shot's/Everybody's Golf or similar you'll have to make some minor adjustments on how you read the course.  Balls bounce a little too much, wind doesn't carry as much as it probably should, etc.  There are also some course hazards that I find a little annoying, and no, I'm not talking about bunkers.  For some reason the developers decided that a normal golf course wasn't enough and had to add even more hazards on the course which caused more "are you f'ing kidding me" moments than I would have liked.  

All in all it's a fun little lite RPG with golf being its main mechanic.  Instead of fighting mobs and bosses you teach people how to get out of the rough and play 3 holes against the clubs best student.  If you go in looking for a golf sim on Switch you won't find it here, if you're looking for something easy playing to enjoy and have a laugh at I think this game will do it, I'd say for the asking price it's worth it.  

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

Related image

So I've put in a few hours of Golf Story.  

I've heard people say it's like the child of Mario Golf and Earthbound.  I haven't played either but I know enough about them to say this is probably a pretty good analogy.  It's a simple and cute RPG lite with a heavy emphasis on golf. The characters are charming, the story is fun, the dialogue is pretty damn funny at times, and the golf play is pretty good.  I like the music so far (just left my first club), and the 16-bit graphics look really great on the Switch Screen.  

The game starts off with the player character learning the game of golf from his dad, flash forward and you've decided to get back into golf.  You return to your fathers old club/course to find out if you've still got it and ask the clubs coach to look at your swing.  He declines, citing club rules about free coaching.  So now you have to set off and earn some money to get a lesson.  

You're free to run around the club/course completing small quest/training exercises to earn money from other golfers, this also nets you experience points which you can use to raise different traits that affect your golf swing.  Money can also be used to upgrade your equipment but I haven't gotten to a point where all of that is available.  I was able to purchase a disc but have yet to try out the disc golf course.  I ran around the course taking on small (and easy) tasks to earn enough money to get my first lesson but the coach turned me away, telling me I was no good.  

I was then tasked with challenging all of the coaches other students to prove I was the better golfer.  This was fun in that each student had their own challenge to tackle.  At the end of all of this I was able to play my first 9 holes of golf and report back to the coach with my score card.  This all took me about 2 hours and it was only the first club/course.  Once I got out to the open world I saw that there were at least 6-7 more club houses.  

I mentioned earlier that some of the challenges were easy, well, so far they've all been easy, really easy.  I hope that the difficulty ramps up later but I don't think I'll be too upset if it doesn't.  My biggest complaint is the actual golf mechanic.  It's fun to play and it works mostly the way it should but if you've played any Hot Shot's/Everybody's Golf or similar you'll have to make some minor adjustments on how you read the course.  Balls bounce a little too much, wind doesn't carry as much as it probably should, etc.  There are also some course hazards that I find a little annoying, and no, I'm not talking about bunkers.  For some reason the developers decided that a normal golf course wasn't enough and had to add even more hazards on the course which caused more "are you f'ing kidding me" moments than I would have liked.  

All in all it's a fun little lite RPG with golf being it's main mechanic.  Instead of fighting mobs and bosses you teach people how to get out of the rough and play 3 holes against the clubs best student.  If you go in looking for a golf sim on Switch you won't find it here, if you're looking for something easy playing to enjoy and have a laugh at I think this game will do it, I'd say for the asking price it's worth it.  

It's very hard for me to like a post that uses "it's" where you should use "its", so let it be known how much I appreciate you taking the time to write this all down!

If I had less games in my backlog, your post would be enough for me to decide to get the game now. I think I'll try to finish one or two more games first though.

• Like 1

Well for some reason I couldn't download Thimbleweed Park yesterday. I just kept getting error messages anytime I tried to purchase it. I'll try again later tonight or (more than likely!) tomorrow when I have more time. I am also interested in Golf Story after reading people's impressions about it. I love Earthbound but I always felt that it needed more golf related missions. I think my prayers may have finally being answered ?

18 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Did you enjoy the third world boss?

I ended up using Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Mario. Gotta love those vampire moves.

Spoiler

Who do you think you are?

You should kneel

I am the star

You are nothing but a parady

I'll find you a good role in a tragedy

"Its a-me, let's go"

The only words that you know

My art will touch your princess' heart

And you will be pulled apart

You think you'll win this tournament?

I'll send you to retirement

You're so not worth the hassle

You're princess is in another castle

Mushrooms won't end the pain

Time for the Phantom to start his reeeeeeeeeeign

The word EPIC doesn't even begin to describe that boss battle LOL I actually didn't even mind that I died 5 times and had to restart it. And yeah, Rabbid Luigi's vamp ability has saved me more times than I care to count. Not only does he have the highest dash attack but he also heals himself any time he does it.

Edited by Miles_Warren
SPOILERS!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

The word EPIC doesn't even begin to describe that boss battle LOL I actually didn't even mind that I died 5 times and had to restart it. And yeah, Rabbid Luigi's vamp ability has saved me more times than I care to count. Not only does he have the highest dash attack but he also heals himself any time he does it.

Spoiler alert! Better put that first bit in a spoiler tag :)

But yeah it was really cool, and for me the first time the game became difficult.

Not only does a vamp attack heal the attacker, but also everyone who attacks the target afterwards. Overkill... And I combine it with a vamp gun for Rabbid Mario to get the other targets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Spoiler alert! Better put that first bit in a spoiler tag :)

But yeah it was really cool, and for me the first time the game became difficult.

Not only does a vamp attack heal the attacker, but also everyone who attacks the target afterwards. Overkill... And I combine it with a vamp gun for Rabbid Mario to get the other targets.

Whoopsie. I'll know better next time.

I've found all the boss battles to be difficult so far. The enemy encounters are fairly straightforward but I find the difficulty ramps up during the boss battles. Even when I've managed to buy all the strongest weapons for my characters. I think it really is all about having the right strategy (probably why people call it a strategy RPG ;) ). Of course, this is a good thing. You don't want the game to be too easy. I suspect the real difficulty lies with the challenges that you unlock after completing the area. How did you manage to fare with them?

Also, I did not know it healed the other players when they attack the same target. I need to use this a little better, particularly with Luigi who has strong attacks but low HP and dies very easily.

Any of you guys seen the new wired Switch controllers from Power A? There's a Mario one, and this cool as shit Link one. 233518_detail_01.png 

They are out in the UK now I think, and they're hitting our shores October 12. I ordered one earlier today (mostly because a friend works at EB, and I have nothing to gain from ordering the thing, but she gets like a little mark next to her name or something saying she did good getting a guy to order, so why not?) I was tossing up between the Horipad on sale at 46, which I think I mentioned here before, but the dpad being 4 buttons kind of killed it for me, then I stumbled into this on their website today and thought it was fucking cool as shit.

Your options for Switch controls in Australia, outside of going preowned are as follows

Wired Pokken control for Wii U - 40 bucks, as low as $23 (or $28 for the Pikachu one) though if you wait for EB to have yet another sale.

Wired Pokken control for Switch, literally the same control but black and with a Switch logo on the box - 60 bones

Wired Horipad - 60 bucks, on sale for 46 now though.

Switch Pro Controller - 100 bucks, can be found on sale for as low as 80 though, never a penny less.

8bitdo controllers - Cheapest one with joysticks is 70 at EB, 55 for a SNES themed one sans joy sticks. (Remember that these may get patched out eventually, never know)

Themed Pro Controllers - 110 bucks, no sales anywhere yet.

Another set of Joy Con - 110 / 120 depending on where you go.

Or you can try your luck with this licensed and kickass Zelda themed one from Power A for 50 day one, likely to go on sale at some point in the future too, at which point I will return this one and say it's faulty and get me a discount. Yes, I'm an asshole, but so are EB as a whole, so it's fair game (My go to example of this https://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/07/inside-eb-games-when-the-dream-job-becomes-a-nightmare/).

Mixed bag with Power A though. I bought one of their Star Wars themed Xbox controls the day I bought my Xbone and it worked awesome for a while but now the joystick is practically useless (won't bore you with the details). I've also had 2 of their Moga line of mobile controllers and they're great. Well, actually the joystick on one is a little wonky every now and then, but I think that's more from games not supporting mode B (Google it), and the other one won't connect to anything beyond Android 4 as they stopped supporting them. So basically 2 good phone controls for the most part (even though one lost support, but I guess that's more to do with it's age), and an Xbone controller that fucked up after a good 8 months or so of use. Hit and miss kinda describes them perfectly for me. But I can easily return it if it wants to shit itself on me, so I guess we'll see. Early reviews say it's dope though.

• Like 1

I actually have not seen those Switch controller but they look cool af. That Zelda controller makes my Splatoon Pro Controller look like crap ?  May have to browse their website later and have a proper look.

BTW, has anybody seen this nifty gadget available on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07413R4HS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_pZqZzb1B2KYWD

It's a MAGIC-NS Wireless Controller Adaptor that allows you to use a PS4 or Xbox controller on your Nintendo Switch. I know some people aren't a fan of the Pro Controller or the joy cons so this could be another alternative. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Quick heads-up:

For people who started on my.nintendo.com reward coins right near the release date of the Switch, some of your platina coins may only be valid until tomorrow, better go check.

I do hope we will get some good Switch rewards before the gold coins go bad...

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't have enough to get the Zelda Picross game for 3DS, so I blew mine on 2 3DS themes I didn't really need. Oh well, easy come easy go. I would have lost the points if you hadn't warned me. 

15 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

... But if you're too scared to try, you should get the forma.8 game, it's MetroidVania!

Yeah, I really do wish I enjoyed those crazy point and click puzzles, but my brain just isn't wired that way I guess. There are times where I just have to accept that I won't enjoy something. And I actually bought forma.8 a while ago on PS4/Vita, and I liked what I have played so far. I played a little bit of it but moved on to other games. 

Thanks for thinking of me though, it's definitely a game I can get into. 

@angelgrievous, thanks for the Golf Story write-up, it's tempting! 

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Any of you guys seen the new wired Switch controllers from Power A? There's a Mario one, and this cool as shit Link one

I saw that get announced earlier, I think on NintendoLife. I agree that it looks awesome, but I have never bought a 3rd party controller for a console and never will (however I used to get all sorts of brands back in my PC days, and 90% of them were terrible). I am especially not getting a wired controller. I'd rather get a Zelda skin for my Pro Controller. I hope the Power A controllers work decently for people that decide to get them though. 

3 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

I actually have not seen those Switch controller but they look cool af. That Zelda controller makes my Splatoon Pro Controller look like crap 1f911.png  May have to browse their website later and have a proper look.

BTW, has anybody seen this nifty gadget available on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07413R4HS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_pZqZzb1B2KYWD

I quite liked the look of the Splatoon remote, but I was never gonna pay 110 for a bloody remote. Bummed there wasn't a bundle with the game. I picked it up day one for I think 62 or something. I'd have sunk down about 120 in a bundle for the game and control no problem. But 110 for the remote, and then another 60 something (which is the best price by the way, you won't see it for under 80 even now) is too much yo.

Seen a couple, and similar things. Saw a dude hook up a Game Cube controller which was cool. I'm just not down to throw away 30 bucks if they decide to patch away support for it. Anything not at least licensed by Nintendo I'm not down to spend anymore than like 15 on just because I'd never write off Nintendo from patching out support for a rival company's thing. Cool idea though, same thing exists for Wii U, and I've used a little adapter for PS/2 controls on PS3 as well which was dope for Guitar Hero II compatibility.

27 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I saw that get announced earlier, I think on NintendoLife. I agree that it looks awesome, but I have never bought a 3rd party controller for a console and never will (however I used to get all sorts of brands back in my PC days, and 90% of them were terrible). I am especially not getting a wired controller. I'd rather get a Zelda skin for my Pro Controller. I hope the Power A controllers work decently for people that decide to get them though. 

Price on the Pro is just too much of a factor for me. I could go buy one right now, but I would hate myself every time I used it, they just want too damn much for the thing.

I like wired controls, and as secondary remotes I even prefer them, here's a list (have I mentioned I love listing useless shit?) of reasons why.

1. Never need to charge them.

2. If you leave them plugged in, you ain't gonna lose them.

3. No lag whatsoever.

4. Nice and light, not having a battery usually makes them pretty lightweight.

5. Usually, like with this case, a lot cheaper.

6. No need to sync up if you're switching between consoles. 

Bonus point: They usually register as player 1 by default due to being directly connected, which is great for stealing the top half of the screen.

Bonus point II: They often come in cool designs, like these ones, and my R2-D2 Xbox one.

49 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Price on the Pro is just too much of a factor for me. I could go buy one right now, but I would hate myself every time I used it, they just want too damn much for the thing.

I like wired controls, and as secondary remotes I even prefer them, here's a list (have I mentioned I love listing useless shit?) of reasons why.

1. Never need to charge them.

2. If you leave them plugged in, you ain't gonna lose them.

3. No lag whatsoever.

4. Nice and light, not having a battery usually makes them pretty lightweight.

5. Usually, like with this case, a lot cheaper.

6. No need to sync up if you're switching between consoles. 

Bonus point: They usually register as player 1 by default due to being directly connected, which is great for stealing the top half of the screen.

Bonus point II: They often come in cool designs, like these ones, and my R2-D2 Xbox one.

Yeah, I get it. The price of the Pro Controller is definitely too high, it's one reason I haven't gotten a second set of Joy-cons. But I have a bad habit of spending money I shouldn't, so I got a Pro Controller. 

None of your issues are actual problems for me, but I can see that they might be for others. I've never noticed lag issues with first-party controllers, and I tackle points 1 and 2 with a single solution - my "daddy chair" has arms for storage and the controllers go in there, PLUS one of these Anker USB charger hub dealios: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-6-Port-Charger-PowerPort-iPhone/dp/B00P936188/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1506692640&sr=8-7&keywords=anker. I have USB Micro, USB-C, Vita 1.0, Wii U Gamepad, 3DS, and PSP cables plugged into that hub so I just plug in when I need to charge and can keep playing. The only thing I can't easily charge in there is Wiimotes, because the official Nintendo charger thing (you can buy it from the Nintendo Online Store, I much prefer that to swapping out AA batteries) is bulky so I keep that on my TV credenza. But those have a big charge anyway, and hardly ever need to be recharged. 

Last night I picked up Picross S and Death Squared. Right now I'm still working on World of Goo, SteamWorld Dig 2, and MK8D. 

It's the weekend and my precious gaming time has started so I won't respond to everything, but I did want to let you all know:

The Bridge is now on a 20% off sale too.

It's a nice little puzzle game, though in my opinion it gets too much up its own butt with being artiscic, I could have done without the highbrow story snippets. Nice puzzles though, but I'd rate a puzzle game like Death Squared much higher.

Which reminds me: @MosesRockefeller good going on buying Death Squared, hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Also (@angelgrievous): I just bought Golf Story.

It's getting good reviews, the new eShop trailer is cool and I feel like sponsoring a couple of devs on the Switch with my sweet, sweet disposable income.

• Like 1

@angelgrievous okay, so I kind of don't get the explanation of how to play golf at all.

So I have to press A when I'm done akming and choosing a club, I guess, and then apparently farther left is harder, and then I for some reason need to get into the purple zone of the bar? I don't know why, or why it would matter, or why the bar isn't from left to right. I think I'm missing some background stuff here. Only golf games I played before are Kirby's Dream Course and Wii Sports (Resort).

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@angelgrievous okay, so I kind of don't get the explanation of how to play golf at all.

So I have to press A when I'm done akming and choosing a club, I guess, and then apparently farther left is harder, and then I for some reason need to get into the purple zone of the bar? I don't know why, or why it would matter, or why the bar isn't from left to right. I think I'm missing some background stuff here. Only golf games I played before are Kirby's Dream Course and Wii Sports (Resort).

IO___________________O_____*I

Sorry for the crude diagram.  I couldn't find a proper image.  So, you start on the red star and after pressing A you shot meter moves to the left.  The further left you go, the more power you use in your swing.  On the return, you have to try and get as close to the purple circle as you can.  To the left of the circle means a hook (curves to the left), and to the right wold be a slice (curve to the right).    The further you get in the game you'll uncover more detailed control options for your swing but this is the basic gist.  

I also found out that the timing is a little weird.  If you hit the button right when the marker touches the circle on the left it will be perfect, the same for the return circle.  If you land in both areas perfectly, you'll get an additional boost.  

You'll also want to take wind into account.  It will effect the trajectory of your ball.  Also bounce, if you land in the fairway you will get more bounce than if you land in the rough or worse.  

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

IO___________________O_____*I

Sorry for the crude diagram.  I couldn't find a proper image.  So, you start on the red star and after pressing A you shot meter moves to the left.  The further left you go, the more power you use in your swing.  On the return, you have to try and get as close to the purple circle as you can.  To the left of the circle means a hook (curves to the left), and to the right wold be a slice (curve to the right).    The further you get in the game you'll uncover more detailed control options for your swing but this is the basic gist.  

I also found out that the timing is a little weird.  If you hit the button right when the marker touches the circle on the left it will be perfect, the same for the return circle.  If you land in both areas perfectly, you'll get an additional boost.  

You'll also want to take wind into account.  It will effect the trajectory of your ball.  Also bounce, if you land in the fairway you will get more bounce than if you land in the rough or worse.  

Thanks for this. I was most unsure about the purple thing and the 'hole' inside it.

I think it's a fun game so far.

@MosesRockefeller I watched the first episode of Big Mouth and the first two episodes of Star Trek Discovery yesterday.

On Star Trek Discovery: Ron Gilbert agrees with you on not putting it on Netflix in the US.

Second: overall I think it's worth it for me watching some more episodes to see where this goes.

It's not perfect, there's a bit of silly stuff. Most annoying for me are:

• How THE HELL can you make someone think you're walking a straight line when you're doing extremely sharp turns like that?
  • Having an Exact Time To Failure is annoying, unrealistic and outdated. If it's strong radiation, she's in trouble regardless and it should not be "get back in twenty minutes" but "get back as soon as possible". Unless the space suits can somehow protect you from the radiation for twenty minutes but not a second longer.
  • Seems like it's going to be a big story arc. I would not have minded a series with stand-alone adventures.

On the whole, I'll think I'll at least watch the first season. Getting it delivered through Netflix is easy and doesn't require effort on my part.

I also like how the second episode ends, it's almost a jab at Kirk from the new movies ("you've broken half of our rules? Have your own command!").

Question to those who've bought Rayman. Is it worth the buy? I did buy the game both for my PS4 and Vita, never completed them though lol. I barely use my switch enough as is, but I'm looking for something to play again on the system. Reason why I want to get Rayman is because I don't mind the side-scrolling aspect of the game and such since it's simple. Also with it being priced at $40 should I wait for a price drop if this game were to ever go on sale or should I just buy it now? (or at all lol)

Thank you guys o/