Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Finished the main story and maxed out my rank on MHR on single player. On multiplayer, I'm HR 6 (7 is the max right now) and the setup I'm pretty much going with is being as tanky as possible. I have a weapon with +50 defense which makes even the stronger HR 6 monsters do about 1/6th of my health.

I tried switching it up and didn't realize that if I take off this buff, I'd get spanked pretty hard. xD A super defensive set doesn't sound half bad though since I'm pretty inexperienced. I'm still chugging along with the charge blade and am using the Pounder of Rice which gives me the defense buff. Looks like a troll weapon (pretty much what they use to make dango) but actually hits pretty hard. I've gotten plenty of comments in the chat about it when I join others. Haha. I say "comments" because I'm not sure how sincere  "Hey, cool weapon!" is. I personally find the weapon hilarious and it's fantastic to see people suited up with these robust weapons, and I'm over here with a wooden hammer and shield.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Finished the main story and maxed out my rank on MHR on single player. On multiplayer, I'm HR 6 (7 is the max right now) and the setup I'm pretty much going with is being as tanky as possible. I have a weapon with +50 defense which makes even the stronger HR 6 monsters do about 1/6th of my health.

I tried switching it up and didn't realize that if I take off this buff, I'd get spanked pretty hard. xD A super defensive set doesn't sound half bad though since I'm pretty inexperienced. I'm still chugging along with the charge blade and am using the Pounder of Rice which gives me the defense buff. Looks like a troll weapon (pretty much what they use to make dango) but actually hits pretty hard. I've gotten plenty of comments in the chat about it when I join others. Haha. I say "comments" because I'm not sure how sincere  "Hey, cool weapon!" is. I personally find the weapon hilarious and it's fantastic to see people suited up with these robust weapons, and I'm over here with a wooden hammer and shield.

Haha, that's amazing! I've been using the dango dual blades every now and then just because I love the fact that I'm smashing things with dumplings. This is the first Monster Hunter (only started with 4th gen) where I've actually been switching up my build to tailor to every monster I fight - it's just so fun experimenting with different elements and ailments. Super pumped for all the new monsters we're getting by the end of the month too!

Happy hunting! ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrBenosaurus said:

Haha, that's amazing! I've been using the dango dual blades every now and then just because I love the fact that I'm smashing things with dumplings. This is the first Monster Hunter (only started with 4th gen) where I've actually been switching up my build to tailor to every monster I fight - it's just so fun experimenting with different elements and ailments. Super pumped for all the new monsters we're getting by the end of the month too!

Happy hunting! 1f60a.png

As a joke, I made a pair of those dual blades after I unlocked them early on in the game. Little did I realize that I'd have to grind out kamura tickets later to be able to make the final version of the rice pounder for my charge blade. Lmao! 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Grammar
  • Like 1

Anyone here has both the switch and switch lite? I'm thinking of picking up the Lite, but knowing my luck, they'd announce a Lite 2 a month after I buy it

I really don't like the the OG switch as a handheld, I tried and tried, but it just doesn't feel right. hopefully the lite can replace the 3ds and vita for me

• Like 1

On 21/04/2021 at 1:47 AM, TalalHmd said:

Anyone here has both the switch and switch lite? I'm thinking of picking up the Lite, but knowing my luck, they'd announce a Lite 2 a month after I buy it

I really don't like the the OG switch as a handheld, I tried and tried, but it just doesn't feel right. hopefully the lite can replace the 3ds and vita for me

I have a regular Switch and Switch Lite in my household. Lite is a lot lighter in weight and more comfortable to use as a handheld. It's missing rumble, IR motion camera and the connectivity to TV but otherwise it has all the same features than the original Switch. You could always sell or trade in the Lite in case they announce a Lite 2, so I wouldn't worry about it that much. 

I wouldn't say Lite replaces 3DS because 3DS has tons of great features Switch is missing, and of course has its own great software library not available on Switch. I play my 3DS a lot and prefer it as a handheld over Switch at the moment. The only downside is that there's no system side screenshot feature on 3DS.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I wouldn't say Lite replaces 3DS because 3DS has tons of great features Switch is missing, and of course has its own great software library not available on Switch. I play my 3DS a lot and prefer it as a handheld over Switch at the moment. The only downside is that there's no system side screenshot feature on 3DS.

Agreed. I also wish the Switch had an Activity log like the 3DS. The 3DS can show how many titles you've played as well as how much time you've put into them. It also ranks how many times you played your games and how many steps you've taken. Not only that but 3DS Streetpass feature benefits you in other tons of titles. It has especially helped me with FE Awakening.

• Like 2

I finished the first ending of Bravely Default 2 (the *bad* one) and am now going for the true ending (you have to get the first ending before getting the true one).

I was level 48 when I finished off the boss which is pretty low. I think the game wants you to be around level 50-55, but my job combos are just so busted that I probably could have beaten her in my low 40s. Every enemy for the past chapter has been red (indicating that your level is too low) so it's definitely been uhhhh... expensive to keep up with the amount of ethers I burn through. ?

It was a similar setup as my previous one I mentioned in the thread. Just to recap, I have Seth as a meat sheild who passes BP to Adele who's a dragoon and have her use Godspeed Strike to attack twice in a short period of time and damage done is based on speed, not just attack. Elvis was a Spiritmaster and kept the team alive with buffs/healing. The only difference here is how I used Gloria. She was still a Beastmaster, but I had her use her special attack at the beginning to boost the godspeed strike damage then heal or use a monster to buff my crits or to do massive damage (usually 9999).

Just to keep this in mind, the boss had about 180,000 health. Adele would deal 8 attacks for roughly 8,000 damage for 64,000 damage total each time she attacks. The battle was over in about 5 minutes which battles usually take 20-30 minutes. It's absolutely busted and I love it. Maybe others know what I'm talking about, but there is just such a good feeling of satisfaction by testing classes and combos in JRPGs to find something that is just absolutely insanely good. Like, all of that hard work finally pays off, you know?

I think I'm just going to stick with this setup until I get the true ending and go into the post game. I'll change it later, but for now, I should probably focus on leveling up rather than experimenting with other combos or I'm going to get destroyed sooner than later.

• Like 2

Odd request and everyones probably passed it now but my partner recently got into it, does anyone have Peaches and/or Apples in Animal Crossing: New Horizons they could spare one of for a quick trade? ? it would complete the set as she has the others.

Also @Dr_Mayus i love that cat! Always hood for a laugh. That, the Billie Eillish video and the Witcher ones were so well done ??.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

Odd request and everyones probably passed it now but my partner recently got into it, does anyone have Peaches and/or Apples in Animal Crossing: New Horizons they could spare one of for a quick trade? 1f605.png it would complete the set as she has the others.

Also @Dr_Mayus i love that cat! Always hood for a laugh. That, the Billie Eillish video and the Witcher ones were so well done 1f601.png1f601.png.

I laughed the hardest at the matrix one where he happily ate both pills

• Like 1

Stardew Valley on the Switch is taking over my life at the moment, such an amazing game that I keep losing track of time especially due to having the comfort of playing it anywhere I go!

I'm so looking forward to Cozy Grove and Littlewood for the Switch whenever I have the funds for them as I have been hearing great reviews from them and they look cute if I may add.

@TOAST13TOA5T I will gladly help her if she still needs them, I'm always checking up daily on the game so feel welcome to let me know whenever it is possible to arrange a Dodo code invite!

• Like 1

I got New Pokémon Snap yesterday and got a cute sticker sheet as a bonus from the store clerk. I wasn't going to get the game initially as it seemed a bit boring to me but then saw some screenshots on forums and thought it could be a cute game. I have never played the original on N64 so I didn't really know what to expect and I was worried if all the good reviews had been written wearing nostalgia-tinted glasses.

Played Snap for about an hour and a half now and I found it pretty fun. The game offers a choice for both English and Japanese audio and the visuals are nice. It's charming to see the Pokémon in their natural environments and see how the species' behaviour differs during night and day. The photos you take are evaluated based on many factors such as the Pokémon's pose, placement and size in the photo frame and you get rewards like titles and photo filters. 
What I would have liked is free movement in the environment (now it's an "on-rails shooter") and maybe character creation (you pick your character from a few presets). Oh, and it annoys me you get the best score for having the creature in the center of the photo which goes against my artsy-fartsy visual preferences. Luckily there's the option to retake a photo of your choice, adjusting the focus and saving that improved version to your album. 

Heads up for 3DS players: There's an Atlus sale in eShop with games like Etrian Odyssey titles, Shin Megami Tensei titles, Stella Glow, Persona Q, etc. up to 75% off. This is for the European eShop at least, don't know if they are discounted in the NA eShop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

I got New Pokémon Snap yesterday and got a cute sticker sheet as a bonus from the store clerk. I wasn't going to get the game initially as it seemed a bit boring to me but then saw some screenshots on forums and thought it could be a cute game. I have never played the original on N64 so I didn't really know what to expect and I was worried if all the good reviews had been written wearing nostalgia-tinted glasses.

Played Snap for about an hour and a half now and I found it pretty fun. The game offers a choice for both English and Japanese audio and the visuals are nice. It's charming to see the Pokémon in their natural environments and see how the species' behaviour differs during night and day. The photos you take are evaluated based on many factors such as the Pokémon's pose, placement and size in the photo frame and you get rewards like titles and photo filters. 
What I would have liked is free movement in the environment (now it's an "on-rails shooter") and maybe character creation (you pick your character from a few presets). Oh, and it annoys me you get the best score for having the creature in the center of the photo which goes against my artsy-fartsy visual preferences. Luckily there's the option to retake a photo of your choice, adjusting the focus and saving that improved version to your album. 

Heads up for 3DS players: There's an Atlus sale in eShop with games like Etrian Odyssey titles, Shin Megami Tensei titles, Stella Glow, Persona Q, etc. up to 75% off. This is for the European eShop at least, don't know if they are discounted in the NA eShop.

I played the original Pokemon Snap in 1999 on N64 and this game has an oddly calming effect on me. The original was also "on rails" so they were definitely going for nostalgia with this sequel. I already have over 1000 Sweet Medals on a single uploaded photo! Go me! I actually got a nice poster when I bought it from GameStop as I preordered it some time ago. Naturally, I have nowhere to place it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Icebrand1270 said:

I played the original Pokemon Snap in 1999 on N64 and this game has an oddly calming effect on me. The original was also "on rails" so they were definitely going for nostalgia with this sequel. I already have over 1000 Sweet Medals on a single uploaded photo! Go me! I actually got a nice poster when I bought it from GameStop as I preordered it some time ago. Naturally, I have nowhere to place it.

Wow, 1000 medals is a lot! I haven't tried the internet features as I think they require the online subscription? 

Here's a few of my early game snaps: 

Vivillon resting on a tree trunk 

b43fcba68ffa629a9f4a5933ecc392411b6c9d39.jpg 4c90c99b777bc76cb1b654696c7a2ab2ba1d6c99.jpg 

0cb7fa21bc8e34f8184a25b1e740aca029d773df.jpg c0315aff6739d7737f89f2da1b1aec2ccfdc52c8.jpg

• Like 3

@Eyjabria Yes, the Internet function is for Switch Online subscribers only. There were primarily older gamers like me picking up the game when I picked it up (though maybe not my age... I'm 41). It made me feel... not so old... if only for 30 seconds. This sequel is 22 years in the making after all. I believe it will appeal to them as much as it will to the young fans if not more, especially with online functionality.

• Like 1

I've been playing a lot of monster Hunter rise and Bravely Default 2 lately.

Monster Hunter Rise recently had an update to where you can max out your HR at 999 instead of 7 and I'm currently at 54. Since I got to 50, I decide to try out some other classes to get a feel for them and I've really been enjoying the dual blades. I created ones that inflict sleep and it's hilarious to play with others because they'll just stop and be like, "Whoa, wtf!?!?" as I put them to sleep 5-6 times in a battle. I'm hoping to try out a long range weapon, but I'm not sure which would be good to start with so I'm down with recommendations.

On BD2, I'm working on trying to complete all of the mastery trials so I can upgrade all classes to level 15, but these are HARD. I'm sure, 100%, that I'm severely underleveled, but I've been able to complete 3/5 of them and have most of the mastery classes unlocked. These battles feel more like a puzzle as you normally have to take out the enemy in a specific order to set yourself up for a proper win condition (for instance, take out support early before the attackers are too buffed and do 9999 in one attack). I'm still using the same strategy mostly that I mentioned earlier, but it's hard to win if they just keep using braves and one-shotting me. It's even worse because most of them gain bravery (+1 turns) when you use a skill which just makes it that much harder to survive when they are constantly using 2-3 turns at a time.

Luckily, I have my dragoon killing peeps in a couple of turns, so if I just hold on for a couple of turns, I can shift the battle in my favor pretty quickly. I'm kinda dreading doing the bravemaster/hellblade mastery trials as I KNOW those are going to be rough unless I grow 15-ish levels and master a few more classes. For now, I'll just focus on upping my level 12s to 15 and move on to the next one. Can't think too far ahead. Haha.

Anyways, if anyone wants to play MHR, PM me here, add me as a friend, and/or send invites when you see me on. I'd be down to help anyone who needs help with certain quests or want to do the arena.

• Like 1

Lately I've been thinking about getting a new visual novel to play on Switch. I've played Code: Realize and AI: The Somnium Files which both were great, especially liked Somnium Files. I'm open to any otome game suggestions but I'm not much into the romance aspect and would prefer one with an emphasis on mystery / sci-fi / suspense / humor / horror. 

I know there's Famicom Detective Club coming up and The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles later in the summer which both interest me. I've been eyeing Café Enchanté as the café theme looks appealing and the visual style strikes my fancy. Has anyone played it? What other visual novels would you recommend?

8 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Lately I've been thinking about getting a new visual novel to play on Switch. I've played Code: Realize and AI: The Somnium Files which both were great, especially liked Somnium Files. I'm open to any otome game suggestions but I'm not much into the romance aspect and would prefer one with an emphasis on mystery / sci-fi / suspense / humor / horror. 

I know there's Famicom Detective Club coming up and The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles later in the summer which both interest me. I've been eyeing Café Enchanté as the café theme looks appealing and the visual style strikes my fancy. Has anyone played it? What other visual novels would you recommend?

I haven't played it so I can't really comment on it.

The original Steins;Gate is my favorite VN game of all time so I'd recommend that you check out both Steins;Gate Elite and Steins;Gate 0 if you're a fan of mysteries with a sci-fi twist. Both games pack lots of suspense and funny moments, and a bit of horror with the bad endings.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NullRay85 said:

I haven't played it so I can't really comment on it.

The original Steins;Gate is my favorite VN game of all time so I'd recommend that you check out both Steins;Gate Elite and Steins;Gate 0 if you're a fan of mysteries with a sci-fi twist. Both games pack lots of suspense and funny moments, and a bit of horror with the bad endings.

Thanks for the recommendations! I just put Steins;Gate Elite on my eShop wishlist. The current 59,99 € price is a bit salty but maybe it will be on a sale soon.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

The House in Fata Morgana is supposedly REALLY GOOD and is 3 for 1 on switch. It's on my wishlist and will grab it as soon as it goes on sale. Sounds like it's right up your alley.

Can't say much for the others. Stein's Gate is fantastic, but it's not for everyone. It has some tough storylines and I know a few people who didn't like it (I personally loved it though). Definitely worth it on sale though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The House in Fata Morgana is supposedly REALLY GOOD and is 3 for 1 on switch. It's on my wishlist and will grab it as soon as it goes on sale. Sounds like it's right up your alley.

Can't say much for the others. Stein's Gate is fantastic, but it's not for everyone. It has some tough storylines and I know a few people who didn't like it (I personally loved it though). Definitely worth it on sale though.

Nice recommendation! I hadn't even heard of The House in Fata Morgana. I added it to my wishlist too. Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Nice recommendation! I hadn't even heard of The House in Fata Morgana. I added it to my wishlist too. Thanks!

No problem! I'm not really big into VNs, but this one in particular caught my eye.

The famicom detective games look interesting and after playing Danganronpa, Ace attorney games are more appealing to me too, but idk, it's hard for me to drop $60 on a detective game. Especially since it's something I'll likely only play once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angel said:

I have been so addicted to Fire Emblem Three Houses and been playing it so much since I got it. How I missed playing an STRPG since I have been playing mostly farming sim games so this game has invigorated my love for them! 

I love the colorful cast of characters that it was tough to decide on which house to join but I ultimately decided with the Blue Lions as I fell in love with Dimitri and Mercedes (although Claude is up there too) 1f917.png The last time I played a Fire Emblem was on the Gamecube so I'm overwhelmed yet intrigued in all these new mechanics (I love the tea time, bonding events, and teaching my class as a professor) 

I'm currently in chapter 8 so I'm eager to see how the story will unfold as I'm seeing some tension and more questions being brought up in the academy!

I think it's one of the most ambitious games on the switch. Full voice acting, multiple routes/endings, full model character designs for each student... They really went all out!

I've recently picked up playing this again doing my "playing hooky" playthrough (second playthrough) and skipping through each month on classic hard mode, and I'm having a blast. I think I'm on chapter 12 or so and haven't lost anyone yet. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to start using characters as pawns in the late game to win (highest level character is 21, lowest is 12), but I'll cross that road when I get there.

Personally, loved the Golden Deer and picked that route on my first go around and am doing my black eagles playthrough now. Blue Lions will be my maddening playthrough, and I'll probably document a lot of that playthrough to figure out where I went wrong in case I get horribly stuck the second half of the game.

Anyways, glad you are enjoying it! It's definitely worth multiple playthroughs because I can confirm you won't get the full story on a single playthrough.

• Like 3

I recently got Café Enchanté to fill my visual novel void. It has such nice looking art style and the UI design is some of the best I've seen in any game. The chill café theme was inviting and I'm in the process of changing jobs at the moment so the protagonist's situation (resigning and starting in a new job) resonated with me. 

8f30368d933f0713bb6524c76b96a1f8f737cff1.jpg9988b2f86c89793ac41b4267321a05cccc462a69.jpg

b969177cf2cc3d36d0ca921bdb55d8476dc98df1.jpgef98a2342b415662ecfba3d7074314cda9cb2292.jpg

dfc4d9c5082ef5dcfbde3bf69d99ddc7781b62ed.jpg7dbc2e60818698f137d4fe27c65e1939d3a7c424.jpg

For now the game has been very relaxing with a soothing jazzy soundtrack, but I hear some of the stories get really dark. There's a bit of humor thrown in for a good measure, like a geeky angel character that loves playing otome games on Switch. :D 

c20e9bf7917da0f735d9e739ed5d82c409080edc.jpg

Edited by Eyjabria
  • Like 3