Game Crashes in Woodbury?

Throughout the Tutorial, Greene Farm, and Merriwether I never had a single problem, but the game crashed around ten times in Woodbury. I pretty much had to get everything I needed to craft (such as multiple non-upgrades machine guns), and everything I needed to free Glenn, take out the Governor, and leave without dying or sleeping. :facepalm:

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Same for me.

Game crashes in Woodbury after a few days (doesn't matter what I'm doing, even if I am only walking along).

And then it crashes every time I am trying to load a save file in Woodbury. So I can't get through this stage because there is no way to avoid this. It's pretty annoying because I really liked the game until this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Even speedrunning isn't possible for me. The game will always crash for me the moment day 3 starts. Doesn't matter what I do, it always crashes at that exact point. I've tried restarting the level 15-20 times, I've deleted all my saves and started from scratch 3 times, and yet it still always crashes at day 3. I've tried speedrunning it too, but I simply cannot complete all the objectives in only 2 days. Closest I got was at the entrance to Glenn's cell, but didn't have enough supplies to break in. The last few objectives after that would likely take me a few in-game hours, so the only way I see myself actually doing this is if I got extremely lucky with the drops to be able to cut through everything needed for the objectives without having to hunt down extra items, and be very efficient with everything.

Okay, turns out I was able to get a speedrun done before it hit Day 3, but it required me to have the Multi-tool to get anywhere. I basically had to restart until I had the hatchet/crowbar to make these, which allowed me to rush every area as quickly as possible. Even doing this, I escaped at 6:27AM, which means I was only 33 seconds away from the game crashing. This would've been so much easier if it wasn't crashing so early in the game consistently, but at least I was able to do it eventually. I had spent a good 10+ hours trying to get this to work before I posted, I guess complaining really does work :P

Edited by Archavia
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 6/24/2019 at 0:16 PM, Archavia said:

Okay, turns out I was able to get a speedrun done before it hit Day 3, but it required me to have the Multi-tool to get anywhere. I basically had to restart until I had the hatchet/crowbar to make these, which allowed me to rush every area as quickly as possible. Even doing this, I escaped at 6:27AM, which means I was only 33 seconds away from the game crashing. This would've been so much easier if it wasn't crashing so early in the game consistently, but at least I was able to do it eventually. I had spent a good 10+ hours trying to get this to work before I posted, I guess complaining really does work :P

If it’s ok with you could you give a quick walkthrough on how you did it? I can’t figure it out in the time I have. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, RapidFireXVI said:

Anyone able to make the crashing stop? Im on day 4 woodbury and when I save at the end of the day it crashes. It also has crashed at other random times of the day.

I stopped playing the game because of it. There doesn't seem to be any known reason as to why it crashes. I think the only solution for you is to speed-run the level without dying or saving.. (it crashes when you die as well)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...