"What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Black Flag MP was all the gaming I did yesterday, so about 4-5 hours maybe? Occasionally I still get enough challenges done to get a full level in one session though.

Yeah, you DEFINITELY have a different opinion than me (and I'm assuming YuriG from his comment). I didn't have the patience to play Wolfpack for more than an hour or so a day, but I usually kept it to about 30 minutes for my sanity's sake. 

I do think Wolfpack was designed well enough and I liked the concept, but it's just so tedious to keep grinding at it, especially once you get the rhythm down and EVERY SINGLE match is basically the same. Even with me taking it slowly, I never want to play it again. If AC4 is remastered for PS5 I'll probably skip MP (unless it follows the Ezio Trilogy pattern of dropping MP, in which case I'll be happy). I didn't mind it in AC3 because Level 20 was easy to reach, but level 55 was just trolling people who didn't want to play Wolfpack (or actual competitive MP) for dozens of hours. 

I'm actually still surprised I managed to finish those MP trophies... what a waste of time. Still, I got the shiny Platinum, so it's worth it, right? Right?!? :P

Edited by MosesRockefeller

32 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm actually still surprised I managed to finish those MP trophies... what a waste of time. Still, I got the shiny Platinum, so it's worth it, right? Right?!? :P

You like to play Neptunia-games so you should be used to wasting a lot of time just to get that shiny plat. :P

Personally I don't mind doing some online matches in games but it gets annoying if you have to reach a specific level or play a given amount of time, especially if it's a genre that I don't play that often (read as: everything beside racing and even there I'm horrible compared to most people playing online). I'm just no competitive person and so I'm glad if there's only a minor online portion I have to do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:
On 26/03/2017 at 1:04 PM, Crimson Idol said:

And there's nothing better to say about the multiplayer than this quote by Yuri:

I guess I have a different opinion about the MP than you and @TheYuriG do. I did a bunch of wolfpack sessions yesterday, went from 32 to 42. I'm really liking it, it's just the grind that is a bother but wolfpack itself is pretty well designed, I think. Being able to do the grind solo in wolfpack is why I decided I could live with doing the MP from III and IV once I'd have Brotherhood and Revelations without MP.

HAHAHA the reason I say that is because you get double exp for the first hour (or half an hour?) every day you log in so doing 3 matches per day will diminish the time you actually spend in MP to grind the whole thing. Even though I do give that advice, I've actually done it all pretty quick, I enjoy wolfpack A LOT MORE than the Brotherhood/Revelations MP. It actually rewards you for skill/time/patience, opposing to the MP which forces you to kill before you get killed.

14 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

You like to play Neptunia-games so you should be used to wasting a lot of time just to get that shiny plat. :P

Personally I don't mind doing some online matches in games but it gets annoying if you have to reach a specific level or play a given amount of time, especially if it's a genre that I don't play that often (read as: everything beside racing and even there I'm horrible compared to most people playing online). I'm just no competitive person and so I'm glad if there's only a minor online portion I have to do.

Warn me if you ever get to playing The Crew, I'm going to join your game. Best and most natural MP I've ever seen, basically you just play the game and people pop up around you. I'm rating The Crew as the most fun racing game I ever played.

1 minute ago, TheYuriG said:

HAHAHA the reason I say that is because you get double exp for the first hour (or half an hour?) every day you log in so doing 3 matches per day will diminish the time you actually spend in MP to grind the whole thing. Even though I do give that advice, I've actually done it all pretty quick, I enjoy wolfpack A LOT MORE than the Brotherhood/Revelations MP. It actually rewards you for skill/time/patience, opposing to the MP which forces you to kill before you get killed.

Is that still true though? I don't really see it in my end-of-session XP line, I think... They've also stopped doing those double XP weekends.

And yeah I like wolfpack more than the regular MP as well, though I did enjoy Brotherhood MP for a few hours before I got bored.

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

Is that still true though? I don't really see it in my end-of-session XP line, I think... They've also stopped doing those double XP weekends.

And yeah I like wolfpack more than the regular MP as well, though I did enjoy Brotherhood MP for a few hours before I got bored.

I played it recently, so I'm pretty sure I've never actually got an EXP weekend at all. Other than that, if it was an EXP weekend, it would be pretty shitty if it only gave you double EXP on the first three matches. I'll try playing a couple matches on my alt to confirm it

I'd like to join and hopefully give me some motivation to clean up a good chunk of my backlog.

Games I'm Playing:

Resident Evil 5 - 1st trophy 6/13

LittleBigPlanet - 1st trophy 4/09

Games to work on:

Assassin's Creed III - 1st trophy 10/12

Epic Mickey 2 - 2/13

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns - 1st trophy 4/15

Kingdom Hearts - 1st trophy 9/13

Mirror's Edge - 1st trophy 2/09

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - 1st trophy 6/11

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - 1st trophy 2/13

Rainbow Moon - 1st trophy 6/13

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - 1st trophy 4/10

Just now, TheYuriG said:

I played it recently, so I'm pretty sure I've never actually got an EXP weekend at all. Other than that, if it was an EXP weekend, it would be pretty shitty if it only gave you double EXP on the first three matches. I'll try playing a couple matches on my alt to confirm it

Nah, that's not what I meant. They did double XP for a whole weekend, they did this several times. I meant, they stopped doing those weekends so perhaps the extra XP for the first hour or so each day may have vanished as well.

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

Nah, that's not what I meant. They did double XP for a whole weekend, they did this several times. I meant, they stopped doing those weekends so perhaps the extra XP for the first hour or so each day may have vanished as well.

Oh, I get what you mean. It seemed to be an automatic bonus, dunno why they would remove it though, it's not like it's great work to have some automatic 2x bonus for every match started in the first log in hour per day. Maybe they are really sadistic and want people to grind the whole thing instead?

15 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I also heard this and I also experienced this for the first few matches (I remember seeing this daily login bonus-text)  but for the last few days I didn't get any XP-bonus. The sad thing is my first matches were just pure shit and I barely made it to sequence 15, making it quite a waste.

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Warn me if you ever get to playing The Crew, I'm going to join your game. Best and most natural MP I've ever seen, basically you just play the game and people pop up around you. I'm rating The Crew as the most fun racing game I ever played.

Like I said I have interest in The Crew but first I want to finish most of the racing games I still have on hold and that have a higher priority for me. E.g. Driver, Blur, Shift 2, and not to forget Dirt 4 which will launch in June.

Edited by Crimson Idol
mentioned wrong Dirt-game.

1 minute ago, TheYuriG said:

Oh, I get what you mean. It seemed to be an automatic bonus, dunno why they would remove it though, it's not like it's great work to have some automatic 2x bonus for every match started in the first log in hour per day. Maybe they are really sadistic and want people to grind the whole thing instead?

Personally I was thinking that when they stopped doing the weekends, they may just have doubled the XP permanently. I never bothered to find out though because it doesn't change anything for me playing now.

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

Like I said I have interest in The Crew but first I want to finish most of the racing games I still have on hold and that have a higher priority for me. E.g. Driver, Blur, Shift 2 and not to forget Dirt 3 which will launch in June.

I'll wait, just warn me when you get there ;)

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

I also heard this and I also experienced this for the first few matches (I remember seeing this daily login bonus-text)  but for the last few days I didn't get any XP-bonus. The sad thing is my first matches were just pure shit and I barely made it to sequence 15, making it quite a waste.

Did you make sure to log in 24 hours after you logged off the previous day? I had the same issue since I play mostly as soon as I wake up so I was getting the bonus on and off

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'll wait, just warn me when you get there ;)

Expect me to buy the game a few months before server shutdown or when it's already 5+ years old like the mentioned games. xD

Just now, TheYuriG said:

Did you make sure to log in 24 hours after you logged off the previous day? I had the same issue since I play mostly as soon as I wake up so I was getting the bonus on and off

That's a thing I'm not so sure about. I have a more or less fixed timeframe where I play games but in no fixed order and the gap can be larger than 24 hours before I replay one game again. Have to check this out.

• Like 1

PSN: Bodigard

Plat Goal of 2017 - 100 Plats  

Now at 20/100

Need to do this so I can buy the VR and kill my backlog now that I have a stable lawyer job and no more Bar Exams.  Here are the games Im looking to destroy during the month of April:

1, Sniper Elite 3

2. FF15

3. Aragami

4. Ziggurat

5. Bound by Flame

6. Godzilla

7. Valkyria Chronicles

8. Arslan: The Warriors of Legend

9. ACII

10. AC: Revelations

11. Samurai Warriors 4 Empires

12. No Man's Sky

13. Skyrim (PS3)

14. Diablo 3 (PS3)

15. Medal of Honor: Warfighter

15. Gundam Reborn

16. Adventure Time: Nameless Kingdom

17. Borderlands: Pre-Sequel

18. Hawx

19. Hawx 2

20. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

21. Call of Duty Ghosts

While Im working on those there are some other games I have which will contribute big $$ to the VR or are easy plats.  Ill update those later.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personally, I'll never pump so many hours into a game if a platinum is all I get out of it, I have to enjoy the game itself as well.

Agreed, I loved the single player part of the game, and I didn't mind Wolfpack in small doses. But I do question myself for spending so much time grinding the multiplayer... it was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but I do think the game had stupid MP trophy requirements, and as I said I did it once and wouldn't do it again. 

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Ha, good memory. :) I enjoy the grinding in HDN games, but I still don't think I have ever done 5 hours in one sitting! The only HDN Platinums that really frustrated me were PP (because the 4 paths were not different enough to keep things interesting) and Hyperdevotion Noire (because I didn't like the gameplay that much). 

And I'm the same way with online trophies. It's why I enjoyed the MP parts of AC3 and Unity more than Black Flag. 

13 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Ha, good memory. :) I enjoy the grinding in HDN games, but I still don't think I have ever done 5 hours in one sitting! The only HDN Platinums that really frustrated me were PP (because the 4 paths were not different enough to keep things interesting) and Hyperdevotion Noire (because I didn't like the gameplay that much). 

And I'm the same way with online trophies. It's why I enjoyed the MP parts of AC3 and Unity more than Black Flag. 

I'm glad that Hyperdimension PP is the only game I really disliked so far (and it's one I still have to get back to/ or more likely hestart) as the gameplay was really dull and the lack of songs is annoying. I think Hyperdevotion is somehow okay with the exception of all those trap-riddled floors where you can't move two fields straight without activating one of the various traps. Still I'm not looking forward to the Lily-grind. :|

@BillyHorrible

I also started using those kill streak bonuses and I don't think that it would be a good idea to buy the bonus for 550 points as it seems like it will count towards the same challenge. It may help to reduce the time of a session but I think it's more worth to use the other ones, too. Most of them have a rather low minimum usage requirement for their challenges and can rack up some XP rather fast. I played for about 2.5 hours total yesterday and I was able to max out two challenges of them already (250/550 points and mass disguise). I also ranked up from end of 38 to mid of 47, being right before the last ability to purchase. And buy the poison as soon as you can as a successful usage will grant you 200 points on top (plus it also seems to count for that variable-bonus). :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

I also started using those kill streak bonuses and I don't think that it would be a good idea to buy the bonus for 550 points as it seems like it will count towards the same challenge. It may help to reduce the time of a session but I think it's more worth to use the other ones, too. Most of them have a rather low minimum usage requirement for their challenges and can rack up some XP rather fast. I played for about 2.5 hours total yesterday and I was able to max out two challenges of them already (250/550 points and mass disguise). I also ranked up from end of 38 to mid of 47, being right before the last ability to purchase. And buy the poison as soon as you can as a successful usage will grant you 200 points on top (plus it also seems to count for that variable-bonus). :D

Good tips, thanks. Hadn't yet thought of whether or not using other streaks would grant me more xp because of the challenges, I was just looking at getting extra points per streak.

The pistol was a letdown, you can get a couple of XP challenges with a lot of hard work but the session points you get for using it aren't worth anything, I switched back to knives.

59 minutes ago, gazdavis11 said:

Not sure I'm going to be able to stomach a full 21 stage Tour De France on the 2014 game, it isn't right that I'm falling asleep with the controller in my hand whilst playing?

You think that's bad? Yesterday I fell asleep during the introduction texts of Õkami, and that's actually supposed to be a great game!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bodigard said:

Now at 20/100

Need to do this so I can buy the VR and kill my backlog now that I have a stable lawyer job and no more Bar Exams.  Here are the games Im looking to destroy during the month of April:

1, Sniper Elite 3

2. FF15

3. Aragami

4. Ziggurat

5. Bound by Flame

6. Godzilla

7. Valkyria Chronicles

9. ACII

12. No Man's Sky

13. Skyrim (PS3)

14. Diablo 3 (PS3)

15. Gundam Reborn

18. Hawx

19. Hawx 2

21. Call of Duty Ghosts

While Im working on those there are some other games I have which will contribute big $$ to the VR or are easy plats.  Ill update those later.  

21 games in one month whilst also having a job as a lawyer? No wife, kids nor social life I presume! Fair play if you can get that done

On 29-3-2017 at 4:58 PM, bodigard said:

Now at 20/100

1, Sniper Elite 3

2. FF15

3. Aragami

4. Ziggurat

5. Bound by Flame

6. Godzilla

7. Valkyria Chronicles

9. ACII

12. No Man's Sky

13. Skyrim (PS3)

14. Diablo 3 (PS3)

15. Gundam Reborn

18. Hawx

19. Hawx 2

21. Call of Duty Ghosts

You can join the event if you want, but you'll have to take another look at the games you enter with... I checked a few but stuff like Aragami and Ziggurat are not eligible for this event. You can only enter with games in which you obtained at least one trophy over a year ago.

On 30-3-2017 at 8:12 AM, Crimson Idol said:

23 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Good tips, thanks. Hadn't yet thought of whether or not using other streaks would grant me more xp because of the challenges, I was just looking at getting extra points per streak.

The poison was a good tip, using it a lot right now. but we should watch out with the kill streak stuff. I now know for sure that I'll reach level 55 long before I have enough in-game coins to buy all the abilities/weapons, I'll have to do at least ten to twenty sessions afterwards, if not more.

I hoped yesterday would be the last day but it looks like I'll be busy for at least a day or two more.

In better news, where at first I had to kill 40-50 people in a session, I'm now efficient enough to be done in 30-35 kills, and sessions take me less than 15 minutes now, last one was 11 minutes.

10 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

The poison was a good tip, using it a lot right now. but we should watch out with the kill streak stuff. I now know for sure that I'll reach level 55 long before I have enough in-game coins to buy all the abilities/weapons, I'll have to do at least ten to twenty sessions afterwards, if not more.

I don't have that money problem as I played Freedom Cry as a DLC and not as a s standalone like you. Freeing 500 slaves gave me 4,000 Abstergo Credits. Best run I had so far was 11 minutes and even bad runs are now at ~16 minutes and not 20 minutes like before. And now I know why people tend to stick to Saint-Pierre as it has a more or less guaranted bank kill when you get an infection round at the docks. xD

And thanks to the fact that I had luck with some copycat-abilities I got All Rounder right after using the Poison Arrows. If you want to, feel free to write down the abilities you still need and I can lend them you in some matches by killing you. First I would like to finish my leveling, though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I don't have that money problem as I played Freedom Cry as a DLC and not as a s standalone like you. Freeing 500 slaves gave me 4,000 Abstergo Credits. Best run I had so far was 11 minutes and even bad runs are now at ~16 minutes and not 20 minutes like before. And now I know why people tend to stick to Saint-Pierre as it has a more or less guaranted bank kill when you get an infection round at the docks. xD

And thanks to the fact that I had luck with some copycat-abilities I got All Rounder right after using the Poison Arrows. If you want to, feel free to write down the abilities you still need and I can lend them you in some matches by killing you. First I would like to finish my leveling, though.

That would be awesome! Yeah I'm missing some stuff, when I get home I can tell you which. I know I at least don't have poison darts, the shield or the smoke boms yet, I'll message you on PSN about the rest. Copycat is a perk, right?

Personally I stopped when I reached level 53 and saw I needed at least two matches to get to 54 because I was 14K away from it. It was midnight at that point and I have work today... So I'm guessing I need about five more matches to get to 55, six at most.

Didn't know (or forgot) that you could get coin by doing stuff in single player, is there stuff in the main game you can do as well? Doesn't matter now since I'm almost there and you can help me with the rest but might be good info for @Jaguargenie and @Ratchet2425, and others who have a long way to go in MP yet.

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

I know I at least don't have poison darts, the shield or the smoke boms yet, I'll message you on PSN about the rest. Copycat is a perk, right?

The shield and smoke bombs are two abilities I used copycat for but I should have enough money once I reach level 55 so you might have some luck.. And yes, it's a perk and one you get for free right from the start IIRC.

6 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Didn't know (or forgot) that you could get coin by doing stuff in single player, is there stuff in the main game you can do as well? Doesn't matter now since I'm almost there and you can help me with the rest but might be good info for @Jaguargenie and @Ratchet2425, and others who have a long way to go in MP yet.

AFAIK it's the only thing in singleplayer which will grant you some Abstergo-credits for the multiplayer. 

12 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

The shield and smoke bombs are two abilities I used copycat for but I should have enough money once I reach level 55 so you might have some luck.. And yes, it's a perk and one you get for free right from the start IIRC.

Well I'm also grinding myself so I could get at least one of those on my own instead of saving up for the poison arrows.