"What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

12 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

That's also my main problem. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO close to the plat as it's the only thing remaining. And I really don't enjoy it as I suck at this kind of games as it's not my favorite genre. Most of the time I get killed before I even now what happened and playing against a bunch of prestige players (I guess they are with their orange emblems) isn't fun at all. :| It's more fun to get rekd in a racing game for me. xD 

11 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Sounds like me trying to play Halo online on the Xbox One after not playing the game for years (last trying out Halo 1 on PC back when it first released), and even then only playing SP. :) I joined one game, and I decided that was the start and end of my dubious online career... 

I'm very much a single player guy on PlayStation. Only co-op I really enjoyed was Portal 2, Burnout Paradise City and The Crew, it's not a coincidence that two of those were freeroam racers.

One of the reasons I love Nintendo is that they keep couch multiplayer close - on PlayStation, all I do in couch co-op is the occasional LEGO game with my wife but on Nintendo there's much more to play in co-op or against each other, and I love getting four people together for a whole day of Mario Kart, Mario Party and Smash Bros. Very glad that Kart doesn't take long to arrive on the Switch and I can't wait for a Mario Party iteration.

Yay, another short update.

Driveclub Bikes

Finished the tour with all gold stars yesterday and also did the one time trial trophy in the base list. The only really problematic time trials were the ones where you had to do a flawless lap on rainy circuits. If I'm not mistaken one of them was more or less the Bikes-version of the infamous Venom Hot Lap 1 & 2. Now the only two things left are the max level for all 12 bikes and the trophy for using the photo mode for one hour total (seriously?).

And here's a new game which I just completed yesterday)

Golden Axe (First trophy 26th May 2013, goal: 100%)

I already played through the game in 2013 and even though I had to save scum my way through it, it was still a lot of fun as I have fond memories of the game and it's iconic music The only trophy I had left to do was the one for playing an online co-op which I earned via a boosting session yesterday.

xzlTnig.png

For the sake of completeness here's the info you can copy-paste into the OP:

Games played through during event

Golden Axe (goal: 100%)

----------

35 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

One of the reasons I love Nintendo is that they keep couch multiplayer close - on PlayStation, all I do in couch co-op is the occasional LEGO game with my wife but on Nintendo there's much more to play in co-op or against each other, and I love getting four people together for a whole day of Mario Kart, Mario Party and Smash Bros. Very glad that Kart doesn't take long to arrive on the Switch and I can't wait for a Mario Party iteration.

The lack of games you can play in couch co-op is annoying me, too. There's barely any game I could play with my gf which somehow interests us both. And when a game offers multiplayer it's online-only most of the time. E.g. games like Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan would be predestinated to be played in local co-op. Or playing some 1vs1 in Senran Kagura would be fine, too. :\ I have high hopes in Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime which I bought during the last sale as it looks like a quirky mix between puzzle and shoot 'em up.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Yay, another short update.

Driveclub Bikes

Finished the tour with all gold stars yesterday and also did the one time trial trophy in the base list. The only really problematic time trials were the ones where you had to do a flawless lap on rainy circuits. If I'm not mistaken one of them was more or less the Bikes-version of the infamous Venom Hot Lap 1 & 2. Now the only two things left are the max level for all 12 bikes and the trophy for using the photo mode for one hour total (seriously?).

And here's a new game which I just completed yesterday)

Golden Axe (First trophy 26th May 2013, goal: 100%)

I already played through the game in 2013 and even though I had to save scum my way through it, it was still a lot of fun as I have fond memories of the game and it's iconic music The only trophy I had left to do was the one for playing an online co-op which I earned via a boosting session yesterday.

xzlTnig.png

For the sake of completeness here's the info you can copy-paste into the OP:

Golden Axe (goal: 100%)

Congrats!

24 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

The lack of games you can play in couch co-op is annoying me, too. There's barely any game I could play with my gf which somehow interests us both. And when a game offers multiplayer it's online-only most of the time. E.g. games like Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan would be predestinated to be played in local co-op. Or playing some 1vs1 in Senran Kagura would be fine, too. :\ I have high hopes in Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime which I bought during the last sale as it looks like a quirky mix between puzzle and shoot 'em up.

Lovers is actually on my wish list, let me know what you think of it :)

My wife is not that much of a gamer, it's mostly LEGO and sidescrolling platformers on PlayStation for us, and there aren't really many appealing titles in that last genre. We used to do a lot of Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Kart and several Rabbids party games on the Wii, so I immediately made sure to buy a second set of controllers for the Switch. First game I played through on it (actually 100%ed) was Snipperclips, great co-op puzzle game and a cool promise of more couch multiplayer to come on the console.

49 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

22 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Lovers is actually on my wish list, let me know what you think of it :)

Just had to put my two cents in. I bought Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime recently (it was on sale till yesterday I think?) and it's a fun game. I'm not much for co-op usually because I don't have anyone to regularly play co-op with, but my sister was interested in LiaDS so I put in on my wishlist and finally bought it. It's a pretty chill game and you can play it with up to 4 people even which I think might be the most fun. I haven't played it alone yet, but I believe you always get a second character though if you play alone it'll be controlled by the AI (or you, like I said I haven't tried it yet).

I do find that the 2-player co-op isn't equally balanced. Now this might put some people off, but for me and my sister I think it's one of the best options. There's no other way to put it, but I'm better at gaming than my sister, or rather I'm more used to the controller than she is and she doesn't game often (if she does it's on PC). As it stands now we've played about 3 levels and we've got into a kind of rhythm: I steer the spaceship, she controls the shield and that's all she does which she is fine with (I think :unsure:, usually we start yelling at each other before the first level is over and that wasn't the case now so I'm writing it down as a win). When enemies appear I stop the spaceship, change stations and control the weapons. My sister arguably does the most important job, but if you're playing co-op with a gamer who's on equal footing you might need to work out a different scheme and I'm not so sure how viable constantly switching is. All in all I think it's definitely worth it especially if you regularly have someone to play co-op with and enjoy games like these. Levels usually take around 15 minutes or so to complete unless you explore the entire map so it's perfect for short sessions (though you can play the entire day too of course :P )

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FFHannibal said:

I do find that the 2-player co-op isn't equally balanced. Now this might put some people off, but for me and my sister I think it's one of the best options. There's no other way to put it, but I'm better at gaming than my sister, or rather I'm more used to the controller than she is and she doesn't game often (if she does it's on PC). As it stands now we've played about 3 levels and we've got into a kind of rhythm: I steer the spaceship, she controls the shield and that's all she does which she is fine with (I think :unsure:, usually we start yelling at each other before the first level is over and that wasn't the case now so I'm writing it down as a win). When enemies appear I stop the spaceship, change stations and control the weapons. My sister arguably does the most important job, but if you're playing co-op with a gamer who's on equal footing you might need to work out a different scheme and I'm not so sure how viable constantly switching is. All in all I think it's definitely worth it especially if you regularly have someone to play co-op with and enjoy games like these. Levels usually take around 15 minutes or so to complete unless you explore the entire map so it's perfect for short sessions (though you can play the entire day too of course :P )

Thanks for the insight. :)

That's somehow good to hear that both players aren't on an equal level. Somehow co-op sessions where both are on an equal level never end well with the exception of beat 'em ups. But one main + one "assistant" works rather well with us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

My wife is not that much of a gamer, it's mostly LEGO and sidescrolling platformers on PlayStation for us, and there aren't really many appealing titles in that last genre. We used to do a lot of Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Kart and several Rabbids party games on the Wii, so I immediately made sure to buy a second set of controllers for the Switch. First game I played through on it (actually 100%ed) was Snipperclips, great co-op puzzle game and a cool promise of more couch multiplayer to come on the console.

Whoa whoa whoa. You say your wife isn't that much of a gamer, but she played Donkey Kong Country Returns?!? Granted I only played the 3DS version, but I have no reason to believe the Wii version is easier. Hell, I got stuck towards the end of the game (on a stupid "ball chasing you" level straight out of The Raiders of the Lost Ark), and I'm a hardcore gamer. 

As far as co-op platformers on PlayStation, it's pretty much Rayman Origins/Legends (which also have some very tricky levels), and the Trine series, right? 

A late update: I've finished Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution. So it's my first game removed from my backlog (actually it's my second - my first one was Jeopardy!, but when I remembered it and edited my "signing up post", my previous list was already saved on first page...).

I also should say that I'm working now on Sly 2 (I will try finish this game still in March, for "A Casual Attack").

16 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Whoa whoa whoa. You say your wife isn't that much of a gamer, but she played Donkey Kong Country Returns?!? Granted I only played the 3DS version, but I have no reason to believe the Wii version is easier. Hell, I got stuck towards the end of the game (on a stupid "ball chasing you" level straight out of The Raiders of the Lost Ark), and I'm a hardcore gamer.

Yeah, she didn't play it solo, she played along with me :) She used Diddy, so she could also just hang on to me while I did the harder parts :D

17 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

As far as co-op platformers on PlayStation, it's pretty much Rayman Origins/Legends (which also have some very tricky levels), and the Trine series, right? 

My wife refuses to play along with the Rayman games because of the sounds (it would also be too hard for her probably but we'll never find out), we played Trine 2 on PS+ and she got bored with it and I had to play the final half a dozen levels or so on my own, I even bought Never Alone in desperation but we both didn't really like that one... We also played Peggle 2 for about one evening.

I guess the last non-LEGO game we played together would be Asterix & Obelix on the SNES... xD Haven't played any non-LEGO PlayStation games since Never Alone and that was over two years ago.

We played that first Lara Croft And... game a few years ago on the X360 though, but the sequel was for four players so I did that one online with others from a forum.

At this point I'm so glad Nintendo is giving us more to play together, I'd even buy a New Super Mario Bros. game if one would arrive on the Switch. Heck, I'll even buy Super Bomberman R if it drops in price, though I've shown her some gameplay on youtube and I'll have to hope that I can mute the music in the game or she won't play along.

4 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

A late update: I've finished Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution. So it's my first game removed from my backlog (actually it's my second - my first one was Jeopardy!, but when I remembered it and edited my "signing up post", my previous list was already saved on first page...).

I also should say that I'm working now on Sly 2 (I will try finish this game still in March, for "A Casual Attack").

Congrats and I'll update you in the main post!

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

At this point I'm so glad Nintendo is giving us more to play together, I'd even buy a New Super Mario Bros. game if one would arrive on the Switch. Heck, I'll even buy Super Bomberman R if it drops in price, though I've shown her some gameplay on youtube and I'll have to hope that I can mute the music in the game or she won't play along.

The Switch has a lot of potential, let's hope Nintendo follows through with more games. Kirby has done co-op in the past (on the Wii, with a game few people seem to have played), and there are a lot of other as-yet-unannounced franchises that could shine with new games on Switch. 

I need to get back to my backlog for this event, but it's hard to pull myself away from Zelda lately. 

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah, she didn't play it solo, she played along with me :) She used Diddy, so she could also just hang on to me while I did the harder parts :D

So basically, you played the whole thing solo then. Because almost the entire game was "the harder parts". :P 

Not going to bother quoting everyone this quote is aimed at, you'll all find it eventually. 

Fun couch coop games. I've played all these with my wife and/or kids. 

Chariot - 2d Platformer, very difficult platinum. 2nd player can work as an anchor and make things easier for player 1 to complete certain sections. 

Ibb & Obb - a cool gravity Platformer that can be played as one person using both sticks or two people together. Had a ton of fun dying and failing at certain things over and over. 

Puppeteer - another 2d Platformer, set like a theater play. 2nd player controls a fairy that flies around, activating objects and picking stuff up for the main player. 

Ico - on additional runs player 2 can control Yorda 

Beyond 2 Souls - player 2 can control Aiden

Entwined - 2 players share a controller and each take one stick. This is how my kids actually pass levels. 

LBP games

Skylanders games

Dragons Crown - side scrolling beat em up. 

Ratchet n Clank FFA OR A4O

I'm pretty sure Portal 2 got mentioned already but it's awesome as well. 

Just a small uodate.

The Rocket League update launched yesterday and I'm back at 100%.

You can add Rocket League to the Games played through during event section @BillyHorrible. At least till the next set of trophies will be released.

I'm planing to complete Dark Cloud after the KYC3 even has finished. So you can move this one to the currently working on section.

Rocket League

• Like 1

Another update:

Driveclub Bikes

Just got the plat a few minutes ago. All I had left to do was bringing all 12 bikes from the base game to the max level of 15. There's no real advantage if they are max level (unless someone thinks that paintjobs and decals are any kind of fitting reward :| ) and it was, compared to the game's basic length, a boring grind. I raced the same skill event for about 6 to 7 hours to achieve this. To make it clear. After finishing every tour-event and playing some DLC-races where I was able to choose those bikes I only had about 2.5 of the required ~12.2 million fame points. Yay...

I might do some of the DLCs now but at least I achieved my primary goal of getting the plat so I'm fine with the result for now.

cuPik7R.png

:dance:

Shift 2: Unleashed

I would like to alter my goal for this game. From Friday on I started boosting with Saionji and it seems like we will be able to earn all multiplayer-trophies as off today so I can alter the goal from all singleplayer-content to plat. :D I'm not sure if I will be able to handle it as it seems to be one of the tougher racing games but at least I will try to. It would also be a good game to finally earn some URs. xD

Again, for the sake of convenience so it's easier to follow:

Driveclub Bikes (First trophy: 8th December 2015, Goal: Plat)

Game(s) working on right now

Shift 2 Unleashed (First trophy: 15th May 2015, Goal: Plat & 100%)

Games on agenda for event

BTW:

@BillyHorrible: Am I blind or didn't you add Black Flag to your list of games? By now there shouldn't be anything left except the MP-grind that would hinder you from the plat.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Another update:

Driveclub Bikes

Just got the plat a few minutes ago. All I had left to do was bringing all 12 bikes from the base game to the max level of 15. There's no real advantage if they are max level (unless someone thinks that paintjobs and decals are any kind of fitting reward :| ) and it was, compared to the game's basic length, a boring grind. I raced the same skill event for about 6 to 7 hours to achieve this. To make it clear. After finishing every tour-event and playing some DLC-races where I was able to choose those bikes I only had about 2.5 of the required ~12.2 million fame points. Yay...

I might do some of the DLCs now but at least I achieved my primary goal of getting the plat so I'm fine with the result for now.

cuPik7R.png

:dance:

Shift 2: Unleashed

I would like to alter my goal for this game. From Friday on I started boosting with Saionji and it seems like we will be able to earn all multiplayer-trophies as off today so I can alter the goal from all singleplayer-content to plat. :D I'm not sure if I will be able to handle it as it seems to be one of the tougher racing games but at least I will try to. It would also be a good game to finally earn some URs. xD

Again, for the sake of convenience so it's easier to follow:

Driveclub Bikes (First trophy: 8th December 2015, Goal: Plat)

Games on agenda for event

BTW:

@BillyHorrible: Am I blind or didn't you add Black Flag to your list of games? By now there shouldn't be anything left except the MP-grind that would hinder you from the plat.

Congrats on Bikes! I'll update you and others somewhere tomorrow, probably.

Yeah I forgot to add Black Flag, my list is mostly only stuff with the story unfinished. I thought about posting here when we were playing yesterday but I figured I'd wait until I'm at a computer again.

I have more to do than just the MP grind for the platinum though but that grind is definitely the firdt thing I will do.

Edited by BillyHorrible

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah I forgot to add Black Flag, my list is mostly only stuff with the story unfinished. I thought about posting here when we were playing yesterday but I figured I'd wait until I'm at a computer again.

I have more to do than just the MP grind for the platinum though but that grind is definitely the firdt thing I will do.

Just checked your list and there's some fun stuff you still have to do. I'm quite surprised that you finished the story and haven't plundered 30 ships by that time. xD My stats on UPlay say that I destroyed nearly 500 ships and about two third of them were boarded at least.

And there's nothing better to say about the multiplayer than this quote by Yuri:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Just checked your list and there's some fun stuff you still have to do. I'm quite surprised that you finished the story and haven't plundered 30 ships by that time. xD My stats on UPlay say that I destroyed nearly 500 ships and about two third of them were boarded at least.

And there's nothing better to say about the multiplayer than this quote by Yuri:

Well PS4 was the second time I played Black Flag so I did less faffing about and I went more or less directly for the story. Never thought about the platinum before the Ezio Collection was released.

I might do this thing in two or three empty Saturdays.

March Update:

Conquer Star Trek

Conquer Star Trek

Managed to polish off another game I’ve had for almost 4 years. I really enjoyed this game; even if it was a glitchy mess, had some good laughs in couch co-op with friends.

Progress with Sorcery Saga didn’t work out. Every time I tried I’d have to revert back to an old save because my equipment keep getting turned into junk or stolen by monsters. To save from frustration I’m just throwing that back into my to-do pile.

For April I’m going to continue to work on NFS; since this month I ended up playing quite a bit of it. Finished up the main ‘story’ (or lack thereof) & boosted the online portion. Just need to max out each rank & gold medal about 30 more challenges.

Also I’m going to be working on Mass Effect 2 (Insanity run & the Arrival DLC).

Spoiler

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (Aug 2013 – Feb 2017)

Star Trek (May 2013 – Mar 2017)

{PS3} Mass Effect 2 (December 2015) [Main + DLC]

{PS3} Need for Speed: Rivals (August 2015) [Main]

Games on card for longer than 12 months

Spoiler

{PSV} Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dust (November 2015) [Main]

{PS4} Borderlands 2 (February 2016) [Story]

{PS3/PSV} Borderlands 2 (December 2014) [Main + DLC]

{PS4} Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (February 2016) [Story]

{PSV} Deception IV: Blood Ties (April 2015) [Main]

{PSV} Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (September 2015) [Story]

{PSV} Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (May 2015) [Main]

{PS3} Dragon Age: Origins (December 2010) [Main + DLC]

{PS3} Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (August 2015) [Main + DLC]

{PSV} Final Fantasy X HD (January 2015) [Main]

{PSV} Final Fantasy X-2 (February 2015) [Main]

{PS3} Grand Theft Auto V (June 2014) [Main + Online]

{PSV} Gravity Rush (February 2015) [DLC]

{PS3} James Bond 007: Bloodstone (December 2010) [Main + Online]

{PS4} King’s Quest (December 2015) [Story]

{PS3} Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (December 2013) [Story]

{PS3} Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (December 2013) [Story]

{PS3} Little Big Planet (December 2010) [Main + DLC]

{PSV} Rainbow Moon (September 2015) [Story]

{PS3} Resonance of Fate (June 2015) [Story]

{PSV} Sorcery Sage: Curse of the Great Curry God (February 2015) [Main]

{PS3} Star Ocean: The Last Hope International (July 2011) [Main]

{PSV} Tales of Hearts R (July 2015) [Main]

{PS4} The Evil Within (December 2015) [Main]

{PS3} The Last of Us (October 2014) [Online + DLC]

{PS3} Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (May 2013) [Online]

{PS3} Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception (December 2012) [Online]

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

March Update:

Conquer Star Trek

Conquer Star Trek

Managed to polish off another game I’ve had for almost 4 years. I really enjoyed this game; even if it was a glitchy mess, had some good laughs in couch co-op with friends.

Progress with Sorcery Saga didn’t work out. Every time I tried I’d have to revert back to an old save because my equipment keep getting turned into junk or stolen by monsters. To save from frustration I’m just throwing that back into my to-do pile.

For April I’m going to continue to work on NFS; since this month I ended up playing quite a bit of it. Finished up the main ‘story’ (or lack thereof) & boosted the online portion. Just need to max out each rank & gold medal about 30 more challenges.

Also I’m going to be working on Mass Effect 2 (Insanity run & the Arrival DLC).

Reveal hidden contents

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (Aug 2013 – Feb 2017)

Star Trek (May 2013 – Mar 2017)

{PS3} Mass Effect 2 (December 2015) [Main + DLC]

{PS3} Need for Speed: Rivals (August 2015) [Main]

Games on card for longer than 12 months

Hide contents

{PSV} Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dust (November 2015) [Main]

{PS4} Borderlands 2 (February 2016) [Story]

{PS3/PSV} Borderlands 2 (December 2014) [Main + DLC]

{PS4} Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (February 2016) [Story]

{PSV} Deception IV: Blood Ties (April 2015) [Main]

{PSV} Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (September 2015) [Story]

{PSV} Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (May 2015) [Main]

{PS3} Dragon Age: Origins (December 2010) [Main + DLC]

{PS3} Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (August 2015) [Main + DLC]

{PSV} Final Fantasy X HD (January 2015) [Main]

{PSV} Final Fantasy X-2 (February 2015) [Main]

{PS3} Grand Theft Auto V (June 2014) [Main + Online]

{PSV} Gravity Rush (February 2015) [DLC]

{PS3} James Bond 007: Bloodstone (December 2010) [Main + Online]

{PS4} King’s Quest (December 2015) [Story]

{PS3} Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (December 2013) [Story]

{PS3} Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (December 2013) [Story]

{PS3} Little Big Planet (December 2010) [Main + DLC]

{PSV} Rainbow Moon (September 2015) [Story]

{PS3} Resonance of Fate (June 2015) [Story]

{PSV} Sorcery Sage: Curse of the Great Curry God (February 2015) [Main]

{PS3} Star Ocean: The Last Hope International (July 2011) [Main]

{PSV} Tales of Hearts R (July 2015) [Main]

{PS4} The Evil Within (December 2015) [Main]

{PS3} The Last of Us (October 2014) [Online + DLC]

{PS3} Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (May 2013) [Online]

{PS3} Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception (December 2012) [Online]

Congrats and edited, also edited everyone else (please check for mistakes everyone)

@Crimson Idol I've added all AC games in a separate list for myself since those have priority over other games in terms of going for the platinum after all.

On 23-3-2017 at 3:25 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

The Switch has a lot of potential, let's hope Nintendo follows through with more games. Kirby has done co-op in the past (on the Wii, with a game few people seem to have played), and there are a lot of other as-yet-unannounced franchises that could shine with new games on Switch. 

Let's hope... Well at the very least we'll get Kart, Party and Smash so that's something. Odds are very high that the Switch will end up offering a lot of games we can enjoy together.

I need to get back to my backlog for this event, but it's hard to pull myself away from Zelda lately.

Yeah, don't worry about it :)

So basically, you played the whole thing solo then. Because almost the entire game was "the harder parts". :P 

Well, she was better in this game than in DKC on the SNES... :D

On 23-3-2017 at 4:19 PM, Hemiak said:

Not going to bother quoting everyone this quote is aimed at, you'll all find it eventually. 

Fun couch coop games. I've played all these with my wife and/or kids.

Unfortunately, nothing for me and the missus:

Chariot - 2d Platformer, very difficult platinum. 2nd player can work as an anchor and make things easier for player 1 to complete certain sections. 

Played this with my wife for a bit and it's definitely too tough for her.

Ibb & Obb - a cool gravity Platformer that can be played as one person using both sticks or two people together. Had a ton of fun dying and failing at certain things over and over. 

Haven't played it yet but as you're talking about dying and failing, probably not something I should play with my wife.

Puppeteer - another 2d Platformer, set like a theater play. 2nd player controls a fairy that flies around, activating objects and picking stuff up for the main player. 

Beyond 2 Souls - player 2 can control Aiden

So not a full co-op game then, player two gets to " help"  like in Mario Galaxy. I already played Beyond 2 Souls by myself.

Ico - on additional runs player 2 can control Yorda 

Additional run? Yeah, nope.

Entwined - 2 players share a controller and each take one stick. This is how my kids actually pass levels. 

Already played this by myself, not really a full multiplayer game.

LBP games

Played the second one with the missus, neither of us liked it.

Skylanders games

Played the first one with the missus, she didn't like it and I had to finish the rest of the game by myself.

Dragons Crown - side scrolling beat em up. 

Haven't played it yet but going by a gameplay video it's something neither me nor my wife will enjoy.

Ratchet n Clank FFA OR A4O

I'm pretty sure Portal 2 got mentioned already but it's awesome as well.

My wife can't use right stick cameras to save her life so no.

23 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

You can do it! I took a break from the game after finishing all the SP trophies, but I came back to it months later to knock out the rest of the MP trophies. The grind to level 55 sucks and you'll probably hate your life, but it will be over eventually. YuriG's advice of 3 matches a day is good, but I actually only did 2 matches a day. Everyone's tolerance level is different. :)

Can I sign up for this please.

April - Jurassic Park: The Depths (October 2014)

Games on card for longer than 12 months with at least one trophy

Murdered Soul Suspect (August 2014)
Beyond Two Souls (October 2013)
The Sims 3 Pets (June 2014)
Just Cause 2 (June 2015)
Final Fantasy 7 (December 2015)
Assassins Creed Black Flag (December 2013)
Deadpool (February 2016)
GTA Vice City (February 2016)
Assassins Creed 2 (December 2014)
Mafia 2 (October 2013)
DMC Devil May Cry (October 2013)
XMen Destiny (October 2013)
Mortal Kombat (November 2013)
God of War (November 2013)
GTA 5 (November 2013)
Interpol: The Trail of Dr Chaos (January 2014)

Fallout New Vegas (November 2014)

Jurassic Park: The Depths (October 2014)

Jurassic Park: The Survivors (October 2014)

• Like 1

On 27-3-2017 at 1:41 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

You can do it! I took a break from the game after finishing all the SP trophies, but I came back to it months later to knock out the rest of the MP trophies. The grind to level 55 sucks and you'll probably hate your life, but it will be over eventually. YuriG's advice of 3 matches a day is good, but I actually only did 2 matches a day. Everyone's tolerance level is different. :)

I guess I have a different opinion about the MP than you and @TheYuriG do. I did a bunch of wolfpack sessions yesterday, went from 32 to 42. I'm really liking it, it's just the grind that is a bother but wolfpack itself is pretty well designed, I think. Being able to do the grind solo in wolfpack is why I decided I could live with doing the MP from III and IV once I'd have Brotherhood and Revelations without MP.

On 27-3-2017 at 1:45 PM, gazdavis11 said:

Finally made a re-start on Tour De France 2014, trophy list doesn't look too difficult if a little grindy but got to expect that if you want a platinum

Updated the OP, good luck!

4 minutes ago, Chris1-1sirhC said:

Can I sign up for this please.

April - Jurassic Park: The Depths (October 2014)

Games on card for longer than 12 months with at least one trophy

Hide contents
Murdered Soul Suspect (August 2014)
Beyond Two Souls (October 2013)
The Sims 3 Pets (June 2014)
Just Cause 2 (June 2015)
Final Fantasy 7 (December 2015)
Assassins Creed Black Flag (December 2013)
Deadpool (February 2016)
GTA Vice City (February 2016)
Assassins Creed 2 (December 2014)
Mafia 2 (October 2013)
DMC Devil May Cry (October 2013)
XMen Destiny (October 2013)
Mortal Kombat (November 2013)
God of War (November 2013)
GTA 5 (November 2013)
Interpol: The Trail of Dr Chaos (January 2014)

Fallout New Vegas (November 2014)

Jurassic Park: The Depths (October 2014)

Jurassic Park: The Survivors (October 2014)

Added, welcome! No need to file games for a specific month in this event, just saying what you're working on at the moment is enough :)

5 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I guess I have a different opinion about the MP than you and @TheYuriG do. I did a bunch of wolfpack sessions yesterday, went from 32 to 42. I'm really liking it, it's just the grind that is a bother but wolfpack itself is pretty well designed, I think. Being able to do the grind solo in wolfpack is why I decided I could live with doing the MP from III and IV once I'd have Brotherhood and Revelations without MP.

How many hours did you play? :o

I only played for an hour yesterday (somewhere around 11pm, after getting bored of Split/Second-self boosting) and I seem to have reached the point where you need more than one session + various challenges to reach a higher rank. I'm rank 38 by now. About 6k to 6.5k XP seems the max I seem to get from the normal points (+ challenges on top).

15 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

How many hours did you play? :o

I only played for an hour yesterday (somewhere around 11pm, after getting bored of Split/Second-self boosting) and I seem to have reached the point where you need more than one session + various challenges to reach a higher rank. I'm rank 38 by now. About 6k to 6.5k XP seems the max I seem to get from the normal points (+ challenges on top).

Yeah I'm getting about the same amount, I'm constantly checking the challenges though. I've now also figured out kill streak bonuses (thought it was about something actually in-game but it's just about streak perks), activated the one that nets me 250 every 5th kill and I can now save up to get the 550 one. sessioins should go faster that way, I'm in doubt though because I might just keep the dough for the abilities so I don't have to go beyond level 55.

Black Flag MP was all the gaming I did yesterday, so about 4-5 hours maybe? Occasionally I still get enough challenges done to get a full level in one session though.

10 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Black Flag MP was all the gaming I did yesterday, so about 4-5 hours maybe? Occasionally I still get enough challenges done to get a full level in one session though.

That's intense. :D

12 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I've now also figured out kill streak bonuses (thought it was about something actually in-game but it's just about streak perks)

I read about these a few minutes ago (before you mentioend them) as I alweys wondered about those kill streak tasks which block off my continuation as I didn't know what the fuss was all about. My main problem with the challenges is that I stick to them right at the beginning of the round, forget about them in the middleground and sequence 20 onwards I remind myself of those. :facepalm: 

6 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

That's intense. :D

Mèh, I figured that knowing myself I'd keep doing this MP until it's done before finally getting back to Witcher III, so I figured I might as well do a whole bunch this week.

I read about these a few minutes ago (before you mentioend them) as I alweys wondered about those kill streak tasks which block off my continuation as I didn't know what the fuss was all about. My main problem with the challenges is that I stick to them right at the beginning of the round, forget about them in the middleground and sequence 20 onwards I remind myself of those. :facepalm: 

yeah kill streaks and variety blokced off my tasks often. I know how variety works now (kind of) but it's still hard to pull off as the targets are almost never near benches/ledges, and a chain is not really something that happens in wolfpack mode.

I constantly forget I should taunt after killing but using abilities before a kill is very easy. Got a bunch of them 100% done already.

Edited by BillyHorrible