"What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Just a quick update before @Crimson Idol thinks I'm not posting enough about Assassin's Creed: just bought the Ripper DLC for Syndicate so I'll do that one today/tomorrow.

I hope for you they fixed the lags during carriage driving in the DLC. That is very annoying.

A bit off topic but I ask nevertheless. Would you sugest to buy AC 4 again on PS4 despite playing it on the 360? It's pretty cheap and I didn't finish the Freedom Cry DLC.

This easter sale has to many good games in it. I might spend a lot in this sale ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Might also skim through my list of games on my profile and add another few to this event later this day. First I have to check which I really feel like playing again and which games can burn in hell. 

Okay, I skimmed through my list and I would like to add the following:

Batman Arkham Asylum

Only played it a for a few hours and honestly I don't remember where I left the game so I have to restart it. I at least want to finish the story.

Burnout Paradise

I bought the Season Pass for AC III and downloaded all the DLCs (6GB in total :o ). As I wanted to play something in the meanwhile I checked all my XMB-folders and wasn't feeling like I would enjoy any of the games atm. But then I looked into Racing and saw Burnout Paradise and decided to give it a go. The controls felt a bit uncommon after not playing it for more than one year but I instantly enjoyed it, even though it looks quite dated by now. Also tried the online mode and went for the challenge-related trophies I had left open and got some of them. :dance: By now I'm highly optimistic that I will get the remaining trophies which are mostly tied to the Cops and Robber and the Road Rage-mode.

Gravity Rush

Enjoyed the base game when I played it back in 2012 and 2013 and also liked most of the DLC-mission. Sadly there were some that I wasn't able to fulfill back then and somehow I feel the urge to finally finish them so I can finally cross it from my todo-list. I'm a bit afraid of the controls though as I personally think that the use of a gyro-sensor is the most horrible way of control. :unsure:

New Little King's Story

It's actually a quite entertaining Pikmin-like strategy game which I really enjoy while playing it but somehow it can't keep my motivation up for long. Played it shortly while it was in PS+ back in 2013 and decided to restart it in 2016, made it a little bit further into the game and then... got distracted by some other games again. I at least want to finish the main story with all endings (fight the final boss 8 times with different princesses as companions).

Unravel

Really charming main character, awesome looking surroundings and quite annoying puzzles which somehow killed my interest in the game. This has to change. I at least want to finish the story. Don't know if I will go for the plat as the no death runs just feel unfitting.

Lists would look like this:

Game(s) working on right now

Burnout Paradise (First trophy: 28th March 2013, Goal: 100%)

Shift 2 Unleashed (First trophy: 15th May 2015, Goal: Plat)

Games on agenda for event

Alice: Madness Returns (First trophy: 20th March 2014, Goal: Finish the story)
Batman Arkham Asylum (First trophy: 11th August 2013, Goal: Finish the story)
Burnout Paradise (First trophy: 28th March 2013, Goal: 100%)

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (First trophy: 15th November 2015, Goal: Finish the story (base-game + DLC))

Gravity Rush (First trophy: 28th November 2012, Goal: 100%)

New Little King's Story (First trophy: 11th October 2013, Goal: Finish the main story with all endings)

ToeJam & Earl (First trophy: 8th February 2015, Goal: 100%)

Unravel (Firs ttrophy: 24th March 2015, Goal: Finish the story)

Wow, that's more than expected but I kept it to the minimum of games I really feel like I could finish them. 

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I hope for you they fixed the lags during carriage driving in the DLC. That is very annoying.

A bit off topic but I ask nevertheless. Would you sugest to buy AC 4 again on PS4 despite playing it on the 360? It's pretty cheap and I didn't finish the Freedom Cry DLC.

This easter sale has to many good games in it. I might spend a lot in this sale 1f614.png

I'll find out soon enough...

Personally I had played it on X360 as well before I rebought it. Question is, do you want all AC games on your trophy profile and did you enjoy playing IV the first time? Freedom Cry is also available as a standalone so if that's your only reason then just get the standalone... Personally I enjoyed playing through it again with better graphics. I did find the hair graphics during the rain a bit weird but that might have been there in the X360 version as well. Personally I also have all AC games on disc but whatever floats your boat... I never regretted my decision to get the PS4 version, I still enjoyed the game a lot and I'll 100% it some time, perhaps this year even.

@Crimson Idol I'll edit the OP when I'm on a computer again, but nice going with the big post!

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'll find out soon enough...

Personally I had played it on X360 as well before I rebought it. Question is, do you want all AC games on your trophy profile and did you enjoy playing IV the first time? Freedom Cry is also available as a standalone so if that's your only reason then just get the standalone... Personally I enjoyed playing through it again with better graphics. I did find the hair graphics during the rain a bit weird but that might have been there in the X360 version as well. Personally I also have all AC games on disc but whatever floats your boat... I never regretted my decision to get the PS4 version, I still enjoyed the game a lot and I'll 100% it some time, perhaps this year even.

I enjoyed every AC game. I still have the Ezio Collection untouched. I'm even reading the Black Flag book from Oliver Bowden at the moment.

I considered rebuying it many times and I think I will do it this time. I'm just not really sure.

Want to post some progress

Burnout Paradise

I was able to do some progress in the DLCs. Finished off the remaining trophies for the following DLCs: Bikes, Boost Specials, Toy Cars, and Big Surf Island. All trophies earned where related to the challenges (timed, freeburn, and island). BSI went surprisingly well as there was a nearly full lobby who all managed to do the various jumps and other tasks. As I wasn't used to the game anymore I had quite some struggles finding the correct paths and points, though. The bikes-challenges were a bit more frustrating as there were many that ignored when the host activated a new challenge. :/ Most annoying thing was the fact that you can't automute people with mics as there was some dude who thought it was cool to listen to loud (and due to the mic's quality tinny sounding) hip-hop. :|

Thank god I can self-boost the trophies for Cops and Robbers thanks to a second PS3 (the same goes for the remaining Road Rage-trophy). Only have to do 10 Timed Challenges and I'm done with everything where I have to rely on others as 10 Timed Challenges are a bit hard with two PS3s at the same TV. xD

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Want to post some progress

Burnout Paradise

I was able to do some progress in the DLCs. Finished off the remaining trophies for the following DLCs: Bikes, Boost Specials, Toy Cars, and Big Surf Island. All trophies earned where related to the challenges (timed, freeburn, and island). BSI went surprisingly well as there was a nearly full lobby who all managed to do the various jumps and other tasks. As I wasn't used to the game anymore I had quite some struggles finding the correct paths and points, though. The bikes-challenges were a bit more frustrating as there were many that ignored when the host activated a new challenge. :/ Most annoying thing was the fact that you can't automute people with mics as there was some dude who thought it was cool to listen to loud (and due to the mic's quality tinny sounding) hip-hop. :|

Thank god I can self-boost the trophies for Cops and Robbers thanks to a second PS3 (the same goes for the remaining Road Rage-trophy). Only have to do 10 Timed Challenges and I'm done with everything where I have to rely on others as 10 Timed Challenges are a bit hard with two PS3s at the same TV. xD

How'd you manage to do the eight people ride thing?

Also, I've started on the Ripper DLC for Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

11 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I enjoyed every AC game. I still have the Ezio Collection untouched. I'm even reading the Black Flag book from Oliver Bowden at the moment.

I considered rebuying it many times and I think I will do it this time. I'm just not really sure.

If you like the AC series so much then I don't see any reason not to get the PS4 version of Black Flag if you think it's cheap enough and you can't see anything you'd want more. Personally I keep going back to the series as well. Did you ever 100% the game on the X360?

14 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I looked at those but I didn't really enjoy them. :( I guess I could waste a couple hours of my life doing the speed runs. 

Falion usually doesn't allow a single trophy because he doesn't want people setting up games rain day style. But having to do a full speed run for the 2nd game might count, I'll wait for him to weigh in. 

Billy - I'm leaning towards doing AC 2 as it's the shortest of the 3 word Plat games I'm interested in. Problem is none of them are over a year yet. :(

Geo Wars 3

TLOU

The Evil Within 

Are the other 3 word ones but they'd all take longer. Was also thinking about FFX, but I just started Xillia 2 and going back to the end game grind on X isn't really appetizing atm. 

Yeah, while it's pretty unfortunate, I won't allow games with only 1 trophy, or 1 trophy besides the platinum trophy missing because I've already allowed games to count as completed for the event at that stage for events like the PRD. So no matter how hard, long, or tedious the trophy you have left is, it still won't count, sorry. 

I can understand your thoughts about FFX, it's one of the most annoying grinds I went through and that despite me personally loving the game. 

Just keep in mind that completing the story of a game will net you a silver rank in my event and will also count for this event, if you don't wanna go for the plat (right now).

14 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Batman Arkham Asylum

Only played it a for a few hours and honestly I don't remember where I left the game so I have to restart it. I at least want to finish the story.

Gravity Rush

Enjoyed the base game when I played it back in 2012 and 2013 and also liked most of the DLC-mission. Sadly there were some that I wasn't able to fulfill back then and somehow I feel the urge to finally finish them so I can finally cross it from my todo-list. I'm a bit afraid of the controls though as I personally think that the use of a gyro-sensor is the most horrible way of control. :unsure:

New Little King's Story

It's actually a quite entertaining Pikmin-like strategy game which I really enjoy while playing it but somehow it can't keep my motivation up for long. Played it shortly while it was in PS+ back in 2013 and decided to restart it in 2016, made it a little bit further into the game and then... got distracted by some other games again. I at least want to finish the main story with all endings (fight the final boss 8 times with different princesses as companions).

I still have to get back to Arkham Asylum. Brotherhood won't let me go though, it's too addictive. ^_^ 

I personally always used the gyroscope controls to make small variations to my inputs on the analog sticks. I always found it helpful as an artificial increase of turn speed, or a tool to improve accuracy when aiming for a specific spot. I can imagine it getting in the way though, if you don't really use it like that.

That one's on my list of games I'd like to get some day. I thought the concept looked fun enough.

I'm going to have to retire Tour De France 2014, I bought this when I had just got into cycling however it's very technical and tactical and it helps if you have a good knowledge of the race terminology of which I don't have....Will look through my list and start up a new game of something

18 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

New Little King's Story

You know, I have the exact same opinion about New Little King's Story. I want to like it, because I loved Pikmin 1-3 (P3 is enough reason to buy a Wii U IMO). But every time I try it, I never stick with it far enough for everything to click. I think the game would have benefited from being more intuitive, because it doesn't hold a candle to Pikmin in that sense. Fascinating game, but the design could have been better. Anyway, I will finish it one of these days. 

Also, since we have to mention AC in every post now, I'll just say that I really enjoyed 3 apart from the ridiculously time-consuming requirements for 100% completion. I actually like Connor and don't really understand why people are so in love with Ezio and typically dislike or hate the other playable characters. I found the playable characters that followed Ezio (I haven't played Chronicles or Syndicate yet though) to be more interesting and complex than Ezio. Part of my love of AC3 is the environment though. I have lived near colonial America, and it's cool to see some of those places in the game, and that period of history is fascinating to me. Likewise, I loved the environment in Unity largely because I visited Paris several years back. 

I am still working on Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus daily, but outside of portable gaming, I've been spending more and more time on my Xbox One for the past few days after I decided to start playing Dead Rising 3 (I know it's a launch game but I'm loving it). I've reached a bit of a plateau with Zelda on Switch, and I haven't used my PS3 or PS4 much lately. I plan to start setting up small daily (or mostly daily) goals, like playing 30 minutes of Arkham City for example. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

I completed the DLC for AC Syndicate, I'll update myself when I'll update the rest of you.

1 hour ago, gazdavis11 said:

I'm going to have to retire Tour De France 2014, I bought this when I had just got into cycling however it's very technical and tactical and it helps if you have a good knowledge of the race terminology of which I don't have....Will look through my list and start up a new game of something

Too bad the game didn't live up to your expectations, good luck on your next game!

P.S. I've decided to go do some SP stuff in Black Flag (don't feel like Witcher III because I don't have the concentration right now, I might continue on it tomorrow though). Don't know if I'm already going for the platinum or just making a start and then forgetting about it again for a while, we'll see I guess.

9 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

If you like the AC series so much then I don't see any reason not to get the PS4 version of Black Flag if you think it's cheap enough and you can't see anything you'd want more. Personally I keep going back to the series as well. Did you ever 100% the game on the X360?

I got 100% in singleplayer. Only one or two Abstergo challanges were missing, like finding a social chest. Never found one.

I didn't try the multiplayer though.

4 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Also, since we have to mention AC in every post now, I'll just say that I really enjoyed 3 apart from the ridiculously time-consuming requirements for 100% completion. I actually like Connor and don't really understand why people are so in love with Ezio and typically dislike or hate the other playable characters. I found the playable characters that followed Ezio (I haven't played Chronicles or Syndicate yet though) to be more interesting and complex than Ezio. Part of my love of AC3 is the environment though. I have lived near colonial America, and it's cool to see some of those places in the game, and that period of history is fascinating to me. Likewise, I loved the environment in Unity largely because I visited Paris several years back.

I liked AC 3 too. I liked the setting of the American Revolution I also liked Connor. He was an interesting character but I can understand when people dislike him.

48 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I got 100% in singleplayer. Only one or two Abstergo challanges were missing, like finding a social chest. Never found one.

I didn't try the multiplayer though.

Sounds like someone enjoyed Black Flag enough to get the current gen one... Only do so if you want to play it right away though, I don't know how big your backlog is.

48 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I liked AC 3 too. I liked the setting of the American Revolution I also liked Connor. He was an interesting character but I can understand when people dislike him.

@MosesRockefeller I enjoyed III, just thought it wasn't really memorable.

Of the playable characters, my top three favourites are Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Evie Frye and Edward Kenway.

58 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Sounds like someone enjoyed Black Flag enough to get the current gen one... Only do so if you want to play it right away though, I don't know how big your backlog is.

Don't ask me about my backlog. I created an excel table with all my games in which I have trophies left. It's currently at 223 :blush:

7 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Don't ask me about my backlog. I created an excel table with all my games in which I have trophies left. It's currently at 223 :blush:

Well, if we count trophies left then I've got a high number as well. I'm not going to 100% even half of my games though.

@Crimson Idol I have no clue where you talked about my AC IV trophies (perhaps even a PM) so I'll just say it here: look, I've plundered 30 ships!

I'm doing shipwrecks, forts and locations all at once now while steadily upgrading my ship. Those first three should pop today, probably - I hadn't missed many locations but I had only done two forts or so and I hadn't done much of the shipwrecks, going farther into them now as well to try and find plans. I've gone about four fifths around the map before I stopped yesterday. Three wrecks to go, all of the level three forts and one or two additional locations.

I also checked my story progress and jeebus, did I just go for a quick story complete the first time around... So many missions have not been 100% synched...

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@Crimson Idol I have no clue where you talked about my AC IV trophies (perhaps even a PM) so I'll just say it here: look, I've plundered 30 ships!

I guess we talked about them everywhere. I remember the PMs where you talked about the strategies for Wolfpack, KYC3, this event here and maybe some other random places. :D

Good work on the progress. 

22 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I personally always used the gyroscope controls to make small variations to my inputs on the analog sticks. I always found it helpful as an artificial increase of turn speed, or a tool to improve accuracy when aiming for a specific spot. I can imagine it getting in the way though, if you don't really use it like that.

The problem for me was that Gravity Rush was one of the first Vita-games so I still had to get used tot he Vita's basic layout and the use of the rear touchpad and the gyroscope made it even harder for me. By now it should be much easier to handle as I also upgraded my Vita as I now have some grips for the analog sticks (which really help me) and a grip so I won't cramp my hands that much. xD 

@topic:

Just brought Burnout Paradise to 100% yesterday. I self-boosted the Cops and Robbers-DLC and the one Road Rage event and I was able to do some of the remaining timed challenges in a boosting sessions. Overall it was quite fun although some of the timed challenge requirements were frustrating as hell. Performing vertical takedowns took us nearly 15 minutes and another timed challenge (which we failed) required us to destroy 10 billboards overall in about 4 minutes while we had to start from the airfield. :|

Now I will try to focus on AC III first. Just learned that my copy of Yooka-Laylee won't ship before April 19th so I will have plenty of time to finish the story at least. Might also start playing 999 and VLR (again) as my copy of the Nonary Games for Vita arrived yesterday. ^_^

To make it easier for you Billy, here's the list:

Games played through during event
March: Golden Axe (First trophy 26th May 2013, goal: 100%), Driveclub Bikes (First trophy: 8th December 2015, Goal: Plat)
April: Burnout Paradise (First trophy: 28th March 2013, Goal: 100%)

Game(s) working on right now

Games on agenda for event
Alice: Madness Returns (First trophy: 20th March 2014, Goal: Finish the story)
Batman Arkham Asylum (First trophy: 11th August 2013, Goal: Finish the story)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (First trophy: 15th November 2015, Goal: Finish the story (base-game + DLC))
Gravity Rush (First trophy: 28th November 2012, Goal: 100%)
New Little King's Story (First trophy: 11th October 2013, Goal: Finish the main story with all endings)
ToeJam & Earl (First trophy: 8th February 2015, Goal: 100%)
Unravel (First trophy: 24th March 2015, Goal: Finish the story)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

The problem for me was that Gravity Rush was one of the first Vita-games so I still had to get used tot he Vita's basic layout and the use of the rear touchpad and the gyroscope made it even harder for me. By now it should be much easier to handle as I also upgraded my Vita as I now have some grips for the analog sticks (which really help me) and a grip so I won't cramp my hands that much. xD 

Now I will try to focus on AC III first. Just learned that my copy of Yooka-Laylee won't ship before April 19th so I will have plenty of time to finish the story at least. Might also start playing 999 and VLR (again) as my copy of the Nonary Games for Vita arrived yesterday. ^_^

I guess that does make sense, while I had no trouble with the controls, the Vita itself is a bit clunky in that regard compared to an actual controller.

Wait, the Vita version of the Nonary Games is out now? I thought they postponed the western release of the Vita version indefinitely. If that's the case I might try to save up some money again since I really wanted to try the Zero Escape franchise after hearing the games share similar themes to Danganronpa. 

7 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Wait, the Vita version of the Nonary Games is out now? I thought they postponed the western release of the Vita version indefinitely. If that's the case I might try to save up some money again since I really wanted to try the Zero Escape franchise after hearing the games share similar themes to Danganronpa. 

The Vita-version is only out in the NA-region. I ordered myself a copy via Amazon Germany via a 3rd party seller (shipped via Amazon) as it was only a price difference of 3 EUR and I didn't want to wait 2+ weeks until it arrives. In EU it's only out on PS4 and only as an overpriced download (60 EUR). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

The Vita-version is only out in the NA-region. I ordered myself a copy via Amazon Germany via a 3rd party seller (shipped via Amazon) as it was only a price difference of 3 EUR and I didn't want to wait 2+ weeks until it arrives. In EU it's only out on PS4 and only as an overpriced download (60 EUR). 

That's why I haven't bought it yet. 60€ is a bit too much for me. 40€ would be a much better price for the collection.

Update:

Almost done with Black Flag - only the 100% synching of the main missions to go. Got through the first 7.5 sequences last night, on to the next 5.5 sequences today. These synching things are a bit of a drag but I loved doing the other stuff in the game. It used to be that synchronisation was about true assassin behaviour, but this time around it's about skinning crocodiles while I should actually be following a boat... right.

I played a bit of Road Not Taken yesterday. I heard they made it a bit easier so I decided to check if I could do two more careers and 100% the game. Turns out it's still tough, I might play on at a later point but I won't do it right away.

Going to update everyone in the OP, feel free to give a shout if you notice I've forgotten something or did something wrong.

@MarkusT1992, did you end up buying Black Flag? The side stuff has been such a blast for me that I'd now say you should definitely get and play it again :)

I'd even help you do the multiplayer stuff so you can finally get your 100% completion in the main game B)

Edited by BillyHorrible