"What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

Small update: I completed Worms Crazy Golf last weekend.

I'm also restarting Ni no Kuni, but my progress on this game will be considerably slow (I'm also trying to play playing Lightning Returns and Atelier Sophie - three JRPGs at same time requires lots of time, and I don't have so much...).

I've got the plat on arkham origins now. It seems every time I clear a game I stick another one on my list though. Seeing as I've done origins I now feel obliged to go back and do arkham knight.

Batman:Arkham Knight (Sept 6th 2015)

Tomb Raider definitive edition (Sept 6th 2015)

Edit: also in a boosting session for tomb raider so add that to working on.

Edited by wolverine123

On 2017-6-19 at 8:55 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Everybody should be up to date in the OP again.

if update=wrong then

yell;

else

appreciate;

end if;

Good luck on getting through your backlogs all! It seems like I myself am currently going through my backlog in overdrive. It feels like a real relief, this way of not buying games while still playing a lot.

Personal update: I'm working on three games at the same time, two of which count for this event.

Well, I'm trying to work on three games at the same time, at least.

La48221.png   L470e2f.png   L3ee619.png

First game is Angry Birds Trilogy, which counts for this event. I like Angry Birds but due to its nature as an in-between kind of thing I barely sit down and take my time for it. Solution: play one whole chapter at the start of my gaming time and move on to something else afterwards.

Angry Birds Trilogy: 4/19 episodes done

Second game is Under Night which doesn't count for this event. I think it's kind of "mèh" but I don't want to keep it around for so long that it's going to count for this event either so my solution is to play through the arcade with one character after Angry Birds before moving on to something else.

Under Night In-Birth: 3/16 characters done (I know it does not count for this event but I am doing the other games for this event anyway, might as well mention it in between the rest)

Third game is PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which does count for this event and which is where the trouble lies.I've knocked out a lot of the quick and easy trophies with a guide years ago, but I didn't really like the game and I still haven't played through arcade mode. I will ignore the online trophies but for me to be able to strike it off of my backlog list, I want to go through arcade mode with all characters - or at least, all characters I know/like. Decided to get back to this before I decided to start the two above, but the first time I was kind of tired and the loading times of this game are so damn long that I literally fell asleep before finishing arcade with the first character. Decided to do one character each time after Angry Birds and Under Night but I only got around to this game once in the three sessions I did Angry Birds and Under Night in and I had to shut it down before I finished it because real life got in the way.

PlayStation All-Stars: 0/20 characters done

Due to doing three games at the same time now I won't have much time for other games, so I might as well focus on these and alternate.Thinking I might add Angry Birds Star Wars to this list, instead of doing it after finishing Trilogy. I will start playing this before long, anyway, so I'll add the progress here already (I've started it for a bit when I got it on sale (retail) years ago but haven't even gotten through the first chapter, because just like Trilogy this is not really a game you go and sit for hours at a time).

Angry Birds Star Wars: 0/5 chapters done

For later updates, I will just mention what I have done because I'd probably just repeat myself with the "mèh"s on Under Night and PS All-Stars.

Funny, my brother-in-law mentioned this game to me yesterday, in passing. How is it?

There's a difference between 'lax' and 'acknowledging trophy DLCs are part of an unfinished game' :)

Added LEGO Dimensions to your played through list thanks to Batman (which, as far as I know, is a pretty full game on itself anyway) and also on your working on list. Congrats you've got a :platinum: rank now! Note that LEGO Dimensions only counts the once so if you want to keep it, you also have to do a new game come July.

Welcome back! Since joining in February (counting from March onwards) you've played through two games (so in four months), which qualifies for the shiny :gold: rank I introduced after you left!

The atmosphere is fantastic, it looks gorgeous and really nice feel to it.  I'm only a couple of chapters in but I'd recommend picking it up but would wait for a sale given the supposed length of the game.  I managed to get my copy for £8

• Like 1

@bruin-rocks Nice work!

Perdonal update:

La48221.pngL470e2f.pngL3ee619.png

L82cebf.png

Angry Birds Trilogy: 4/19 episodes done

Angry Birds Star Wars: 1/5 chapters done

PlayStation All-Stars: 3/20 characters done (+1)

Under Night In-Birth: 7/16 characters done (+1)

Hope to have a lot of gaming time today but I might just give up and stay outside.

Making solid progress on Doom 3. Got to play another 3.5 hours last night, and my save progressed almost 2 hours. Up to 4 hrs 15 minutes now, in the 15th of 27 areas. The first run took me about 7.25 hrs. But the 2nd "half" of the game goes much quicker than the first half. When every enemy can one shot you, the areas with 8+ little fast guys are waaaaaaaaay harder than areas with 1 or 2 big slow guys. 

I finished the Resurrection of Evil DLC campaign for Doom 3 last week. Not sure how/if this factors in on this thread since I haven't yet completed the main game, but as stated I'm making solid progress. 

Also been progressing Kingdoms of Amalur. Earned 2 more trophies two nights ago. I've pretty much started ignoring side quests and tasks, only focusing on faction quests and the main story. I'm just working my way across the map doing whatever is closest at the time. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Making solid progress on Doom 3. Got to play another 3.5 hours last night, and my save progressed almost 2 hours. Up to 4 hrs 15 minutes now, in the 15th of 27 areas. The first run took me about 7.25 hrs. But the 2nd "half" of the game goes much quicker than the first half. When every enemy can one shot you, the areas with 8+ little fast guys are waaaaaaaaay harder than areas with 1 or 2 big slow guys. 

I finished the Resurrection of Evil DLC campaign for Doom 3 last week. Not sure how/if this factors in on this thread since I haven't yet completed the main game, but as stated I'm making solid progress. 

Also been progressing Kingdoms of Amalur. Earned 2 more trophies two nights ago. I've pretty much started ignoring side quests and tasks, only focusing on faction quests and the main story. I'm just working my way across the map doing whatever is closest at the time. 

You miss good things when you don't do the side quests. I know it's a lot but I thought they were interesting for the most part.

6 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

You miss good things when you don't do the side quests. I know it's a lot but I thought they were interesting for the most part.

I do the ones that are in the area i have to travel through, but I've stopped going out of my way or completing a cave or dungeon just for one side quest. 

Also I had like 8 or 9 quest items for side quests I wasn't going to finish so had to drop those. Gd people wanting me to collect 10 books for one quest, and each one takes up an inventory slot. :shakefist:

Got the plat in fifa 14 so that's another ultra rare. Gotta wait for the next cup window in fifa 13 for my last trophy in that. It's not for 8 days yet, hopefully they don't close the servers before then, that'd really piss me off.

I'm in a boosting session for TR Definitive edition tomorrow night so if that goes to plan I'll just have online xp left to grind after that.

Got a load more games in mind to add to my list once I've knocked a few more it.

I've decided i'd like to get my completion up to about 70% before I start any new games now, its on 57.12% atm.

Great idea this event @BillyHorrible

Edited by wolverine123
.01% out
  • Like 2

Personal update:

L0e1d1a.png

What? No progress in the two fighting and two birdie games?

Nope, I decided to go for the platinum in L.A. Noire. I still might do the other four games along the way but yesterday I did not have that much gaming time so I went with L.A. Noire only (I actually started out on doing another character in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale but that game is just so booooring...).

The game is still excellent but it's starting to show its age, damn. Still cool though. I five-starred two missions (only ones I didn't manage to do the first time around in the Traffic and Vice desks) and I did all open street crime cases in the Traffic desk.

If I get enough gaming time this weekend, I'll try to get the platinum but I don't know if I have enough time available.

By the way: Just like the first time I played L.A. Noire on PS3, I'm playing in black and white visuals, I really think it adds something to the experience.

14 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Finished DLC means DOOM 3 counts as one finished game for you now, completing the main story will be added to the OP but will not provide an additional count. For clarity, see how I did DLC and MP stuff in my own list in the OP.

11 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Haven't you heard? Hemiak doesn't care for open world games, he'll just race to the end xD

7 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

Got the plat in fifa 14 so that's another ultra rare. Gotta wait for the next cup window in fifa 13 for my last trophy in that. It's not for 8 days yet, hopefully they don't close the servers before then, that'd really piss me off.

I'm in a boosting session for TR Definitive edition tomorrow night so if that goes to plan I'll just have online xp left to grind after that.

Got a load more games in mind to add to my list once I've knocked a few more it.

I've decided i'd like to get my completion up to about 70% before I start any new games now, its on 57.12% atm.

Nice progress! And thanks :)

Yeah I'm trying to get my completion percentage up as well, mostly because my low completion percentage means there's still a lot of games on my card in which I obtained one trophy to get it on there and never returned to it.

Personally I would not say don't start new games at all though, that's a sure way of breaking your motivation. I think it would be better to just mainly focus on backlog games, yet allow yourself to play a new game every once in a while.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personally I would not say don't start new games at all though, that's a sure way of breaking your motivation. I think it would be better to just mainly focus on backlog games, yet allow yourself to play a new game every once in a while.

Well alot of the games im gonna add are between 1-10% done so they'll be pretty much new to me lol.

Just now, wolverine123 said:

Well alot of the games im gonna add are between 1-10% done so they'll be pretty much new to me lol.

Yeah same here but I wouldn't want to miss Assassin's Creed Origins because my percentage isn't high enough yet :)

Or South Park, or Uncharted, or Middle-earth... you get the point.

9 minutes ago, wolverine123 said:

Duuuuuude! You have loads of games you can finish within the week without too much trouble. Man, all those LEGO games and Telltale Batman! But I get it. I just had a quick look at your PSN list, and you have loads of unfinished games from 2009.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Or South Park, 

When though? Can't bloody wait for that game.

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Duuuuuude! You have loads of games you can finish within the week without too much trouble. Man, all those LEGO games and Telltale Batman! But I get it. I just had a quick look at your PSN list, and you have loads of unfinished games from 2009.

I know lol. I've grown to really hate Lego games with a burning rage though ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wolverine123 said:

When though? Can't bloody wait for that game.

Latest mentioned date was early October. So I should be done with the game before Origins and Super Mario Odyssey arrive (both at the same day, damn it).

2 minutes ago, wolverine123 said:

I know lol. I've grown to really hate Lego games with a burning rage though 1f621.png

I'm only playing the LEGO games so my wife can play along with something. You can see which LEGO games she didn't like because those are the ones I don't have the platinum in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolverine123 said:

Your list looks decididly familiar...

Anyway, I saw a couple of games you can get off your list quite quick.

Frogger Returns - Can knock out the last two trophies in half an hour most likely.

Sam&Max: TDP - With a guide can be done in 2/3hrs tops.

Dead Nation - I know you haven't started it, but if you needed a hand doing the game Co-op just let me know. 

Sly Cooper 1 - Can breeze through it in 6hrs. May take a little longer as the controls aren't as refined as later games.

Dead Space Ignition - Take you about 1-2hrs tops with a hint guide.

Back to the Future Ep1 - Same as Sam&Max.

Altered Beast - You can save every step you make in game to make it easy, max of 30mins.

This is just a personal option to try:

Bioshock - You just need a Survivor playthrough with Vita-Chambers turned off. It's not too bad when you get some weapons, just remember to save when you move areas. Take you about 12-15hrs.

Edited by Psy-Tychist

25 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'm only playing the LEGO games so my wife can play along with something. You can see which LEGO games she didn't like because those are the ones I don't have the platinum in.

Same but it's my son.

10 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Frogger Returns - Can knock out the last two trophies in half an hour most likely.

That's the usa version and I lost the sign in info for the usa  account that i bought it on. I refuse to buy it again for 2 trophies.

8 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Finished DLC means DOOM 3 counts as one finished game for you now, completing the main story will be added to the OP but will not provide an additional count. For clarity, see how I did DLC and MP stuff in my own list in the OP.

Haven't you heard? Hemiak doesn't care for open world games, he'll just race to the end xD

Good stuff, that's what I thought I remembered. 

No, Hem starts out and tries to do everything at once. Then Hem usually gets burned out with boring shit and either completely drops the game or starts ignoring the side crap. I wouldn't call what I do "racing" in any way shape or form. :D

I also have a terrible habit of playing through an RPG, reaching end game just before the final boss where all the side stuff opens up, then getting bogged down and walking away for 6 months. I can't count the number of games I've come back to 6 or 8 months later and finished in less than 2 hours. :facepalm:

I had a pretty good thing going for a while. I would finish 2 or 3 games before starting a new one. Sometimes the new one would become part of the next 2 or 3, sometimes it wouldn't pan out and I'd have to sit a little deeper. I was sub 50% completion about 3 years ago and if it wasn't for my KYC events I'd probably be pushing 80% now. 

Update: my wife doesn't really care for KoA, so I popped FFX in last night. Finished collecting monsters inside Sin (only Omega left), farmed some fortune spheres, leveled my main party a ton and created a new accessory for Yuna do she isn't completely useless. Then completely failed at fighting Dark Bahamut a couple times. I need to make a new accessory for Wakka since I got one with Ribbon on it now. 

16 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

Congrats on the FIFA 14 plat! I'm only missing one trophy and I'm just waiting for EA to update any old challenge in Highlights of the Week soon (they've said it themselves). 

Good luck on your last FIFA 13 trophy. What I do know is that they'll stop supporting it by the 2nd of July. If that trophy is online-based, I'm afraid you're gonna have to get that trophy immediately.  

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

Congrats on the FIFA 14 plat! I'm only missing one trophy and I'm just waiting for EA to update any old challenge in Highlights of the Week soon (they've said it themselves). 

Good luck on your last FIFA 13 trophy. What I do know is that they'll stop supporting it by the 2nd of July. If that trophy is online-based, I'm afraid you're gonna have to get that trophy immediately.  

Yeah the next cup window opens on the 30th. I've got a friend I'm gonna boost it with. It's a bit  of a convoluted boosting method using extra accounts rather than other people cos I dont trust people to stick around after they've got theirs done.

I tried doing it legit over the last cup window but failed miserably, got the the final 3 times and semis about 5 but then got annihilated by superior opposition.

Holy shit EA actually listening to fans and giving them what they ask for, frankly I'm gobsmacked.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I must have missed that :lol:

6 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Good stuff, that's what I thought I remembered. 

No, Hem starts out and tries to do everything at once. Then Hem usually gets burned out with boring shit and either completely drops the game or starts ignoring the side crap. I wouldn't call what I do "racing" in any way shape or form. :D

I also have a terrible habit of playing through an RPG, reaching end game just before the final boss where all the side stuff opens up, then getting bogged down and walking away for 6 months. I can't count the number of games I've come back to 6 or 8 months later and finished in less than 2 hours. :facepalm:

I did every single quest in that game. That's why I reached level 40 way before the end of the game. I still had a few areas left to do and couldn't reach a new level.

Unfortunately I played on normal difficulty, which means I still need the achievement for beating the game on hard. This would be my last one before the 100%

I think I could give a update on my progress as well.

Still doing my second 100% run in Vice City with the uncut version. Today I did the 100 taxi fares. I wanted to do them in one sitting but my stupid cab rolled over during my 93rd fare. So I had to do the last eight with a new taxi. :facepalm:

I only have most of the side missions left plus the whole asset stuff and a few main missions. After that I need to complete the rest for the 100% like all the races. Fortunately I already have the 100 packages. These took the most time in the last playthrough.

I still hate cut games by the way.

Been a while since I've posted here but I've checked in now and again to read how everyone else is doing. Is nice to be a part of this event, with everyone being friendly and helpful to each other. :) But what have I been upto? :ninja: I decided to take a break from long grinds and difficult Ultra Rare trophies/Platinums until next month where I'll resume playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. So I've been completing games I had bought but not started yet so none qualified for this event...BUT I've decided to play through the first Sly game which does qualify for the event.

Update:

• Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus [PS3]: 1st Trophy (04/12/14), Latest (22/06/15)

I originally started it to get a trophy so I could update my trophy set with all the games I had hidden. I don't know why I started and stopped the next year though.