Games with Gold March 2017

ratchetdude231

As great as it is that Borderlands 2 is free this is the Xbox 360 version which unfortunately isn't that great. Don't get me wrong it isn't unplayable, but it isn't a great version of the game. The PS3 and 360 version of the game are pretty bad when compared to the PC version and the PS4/Xbox One ports. 

I would highly recommend picking up the handsome collection if you are even remotely interested in Borderlands. You could always try out Borderlands 2 since you are getting it for free, and if you enjoy it pick up the Handsome collection. 

The handsome collection is a fantastic collection since it comes with 2 games + all the DLC. Borderlands 2 also runs significantly better as well and it even runs in 60 FPS.

1 minute ago, Sir_Bee said:

Isn't evolve free to play now and has very little player base?  Not sure why that would make anyone excited.  Borderlands is an awesome game though, so there's that.

It's free to play on PC. They also wanted to make the game free to play on consoles, but it was too late as they cut off all support for the game before they could do that.

6 minutes ago, kelvin015 said:

Well plus already gave borderlands 2 a few years back, evolve was a flop and sony just handed out lb3. So plus is doing just fine still.

Did they give out Borderlands 2 a while back? I believe at one point Borderlands 1 was free on PS Plus, but that was it. 

I think starting this month PS Plus subscribers are going to get 1 triple A game and 1 Indie game on PS4.

Oh man, I remember Evolve. Not for the game itself, but for the complete shitshow regarding all of the DLC and microtransactions. :P Maybe giving the game away for free could give it a second wind. Although, from how I understand it, they tried doing that on PC by making it free-to-play but interest didn't last long. I think that game was just doomed from the start.

Yes Xbox is amazing lets all go buy it unless we get AAA titles like Knack. 

Seriously I find all of these comments odd. Borderlands 2 was on PS plus donkeys years ago, Evolve was completely hated as it was a microtransaction fest and fact is we had all the decent PS3 games on the instant game collection already. There's jack to give. There's not really anything they could offer us in the AAA range on PS4 that wouldn't get people pissing and moaning because they bought it. There's only a handful worth owning.

EDIT: I'm referring to the comments where people think games with gold is amazing and us needing games we hate but are Triple A.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ratchetdude231 said:

Did they give out Borderlands 2 a while back? I believe at one point Borderlands 1 was free on PS Plus, but that was it. 

I think starting this month PS Plus subscribers are going to get 1 triple A game and 1 Indie game on PS4.

BL 1 was free in Sept 2012

BL 2 was free in Jan 2014

:)

9 hours ago, Superbuu3 said:

Yes Xbox is amazing lets all go buy it unless we get AAA titles like Knack. 

Seriously I find all of these comments odd. Borderlands 2 was on PS plus donkeys years ago, Evolve was completely hated as it was a microtransaction fest and fact is we had all the decent PS3 games on the instant game collection already. There's jack to give. There's not really anything they could offer us in the AAA range on PS4 that wouldn't get people pissing and moaning because they bought it. There's only a handful worth owning.

EDIT: I'm referring to the comments where people think games with gold is amazing and us needing games we hate but are Triple A.

Yeah, I fail to see the appeal of these four games. Everyone who'd enjoy Borderlands 2 on PS3 probably has it by now (doubly so considering it was on PS+ three years ago) and I'm not interested in the other three games (which is better than most GwG months where it's three games I have and one I'm not interested in).

Just keep those unknown games I don't have coming, PS+. In almost three years, I only had one month where I didn't play and enjoy anything.

Edited by BillyHorrible

13 hours ago, ratchetdude231 said:

As great as it is that Borderlands 2 is free this is the Xbox 360 version which unfortunately isn't that great. Don't get me wrong it isn't unplayable, but it isn't a great version of the game. The PS3 and 360 version of the game are pretty bad when compared to the PC version and the PS4/Xbox One ports. 

I would highly recommend picking up the handsome collection if you are even remotely interested in Borderlands. You could always try out Borderlands 2 since you are getting it for free, and if you enjoy it pick up the Handsome collection. 

The handsome collection is a fantastic collection since it comes with 2 games + all the DLC. Borderlands 2 also runs significantly better as well and it even runs in 60 FPS.

What? The PS3 version of Borderlands 2 is just fine. It has some bugs but nothing that would ruin your experience. I never had any frustrating problems aside from one trophy glitching on me. I've never played the PC version but I have played the PS4 version and it's hardly any different from the PS3 version so I really have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 1

If anyone genuinely thinks Xbox getting Borderlands makes it's GWG program better than PS+ Imma hit you. We got it years ago.

Am I gonna take it on Xbox? Yup, now I don't need the PS3 version because it runs on a current gen machine in my Xbox One.

If we got a AAA game from 5 years ago on PS+ I'd bitch a little bit honestly, especially since Borderlands 2 is 5/10 bucks anywhere any time and that's for an actual disc copy you can hold in your hand and won't disappear when your sub ends. So fuck it, no, this is not a win for Xbox, it's not a loss either really, but it's fucking nothing. Do not use this to defend GWG. Use the better games GWG gets all the time as a defense, but not this, don't be ignorant.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AnimeDreama said:

What? The PS3 version of Borderlands 2 is just fine. It has some bugs but nothing that would ruin your experience. I never had any frustrating problems aside from one trophy glitching on me. I've never played the PC version but I have played the PS4 version and it's hardly any different from the PS3 version so I really have no idea what you're talking about.

The PS3 version and the 360 versions of the game are pretty bad imo. For me freezing issues were a pretty common issue on the PS3 and so were framerate drops. Going from 30 fps on PS3 /360 to 60 fps on PS4/Xbox One is a massive improvement.  Load times are significantly better on the PS4 and Xbox One as well.

The visual improvements are also pretty nice

Edited by ratchetdude231

9 hours ago, Mar said:

SMDH. Id play ALL THOSE games, except BL2 cause I have it. Worse part being Xbox Users, unlike Sony Users, gets to keep all their games with or without the subscription.

They stopped that a couple of years ago, it was only when the initial few games come out were they yours to keep permenantly. By all counts PS+ giving 6 games a month is better and always will be better as almost everything on xbox that was good we got years ago.

57 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Only the 360 games, the xbox one games with gold games can't be played if your sub lapses, just like PS Plus

Still better because of that fact alone. Its always the factor of getting some games to keep for specific generation (Xbox) vs indefinitely renting all games (PS). 

We're always renting games, and will never be keeping them. We are objectively buying PS+ to extend our limited ownership of games (context).

Edited by Mar