Collecting "nices"

It seems i have the same Problem.. No cow event.. :(

got the first event on chapter 2, 1 Spring 7PM and the second at chapter 3, 1 Spring 7PM..

But no cow event in chapter 3..

Now i have sleep until chapter 4...but still nothing.. 

Im really sad atm and have no Idea what to do.. the trophy sucks really.. -_-

2 hours ago, Bella-Cullen said:

It seems i have the same Problem.. No cow event.. :(

got the first event on chapter 2, 1 Spring 7PM and the second at chapter 3, 1 Spring 7PM..

But no cow event in chapter 3..

Now i have sleep until chapter 4...but still nothing.. 

Im really sad atm and have no Idea what to do.. the trophy sucks really.. -_-

Are you sure you are doing it correctly? You are supposed to wake up early and leave your house while your livestock is outside of the barn, in the field.

You should save after each cutscene to a new save file as a precaution and restart later if you can't get it done after the other trophies. saves you time that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NightRusticDawn said:

Are you sure you are doing it correctly? You are supposed to wake up early and leave your house while your livestock is outside of the barn, in the field.

You should save after each cutscene to a new save file as a precaution and restart later if you can't get it done after the other trophies. saves you time that way.

Omg you mean i have to stay outside to trigger the Event? For normal i have the cow over night outside and wait until 6:01 AM and than i go outside! :/ 

Edited by Bella-Cullen

Just now, Bella-Cullen said:

Omg you mean i have to stay outside to trigger the Event? For normal i have the cow over night outside and wait until 6:00PM and than i go outside! :/ 

As quickly as you exit your home the cutscene should start. I left the home at 07:25 AM three days after the other cutscene and got it right away. You should not wait to 06:00 PM it's AM.

None of the Nices cutscenes work after AM with the exception of the first two.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

As quickly as you exit your home the cutscene should start. I left the home at 07:25 AM three days after the other cutscene and got it right away. You should not wait to 06:00 PM it's AM.

None of the Nices cutscenes work after AM with the exception of the first two.

Sry i mean AM not PM :)

I have really no Idea whats wrong.. Hahaha. I try my chapter 3 save again and Start the second cutscene again. Maybe i have luck this time with the cow event...i think everything i do is right... (Cows outside over night, wake up befor 6:00AM and than go outside After 6:00AM) :/

Edited by Bella-Cullen

Just now, Bella-Cullen said:

Sry i mean AM not PM :)

I have really no Idea whats wrong.. Hahaha. I try my chapter 3 save again and Start the second cutscene again. Maybe i have luck this time wir the cow event...i think everything i do is right... (Cows outside over night, wake up befor 6:00AM and than go outside After 6:00AM) :/

No you can go out at any time after 06:00 AM - 00:00 PM, Every hour in the game the in-game clock puts in a random number, when it hits the correct digit the cutscene plays. Your chances are higher for the cutscene to occur if you enter and exit your home every 06:01, 07:01, 08:01, 09:01, 10:01, 11:01 and last time it can occur is 11:59 AM.

This works with every cutscene in the game, from nices to gifting.

When you enter a home at 08:01 a "(Theoretically speaking" = random number is tossed in between 1-10, if you roll a 10 the cutscene will play if certain conditions have been met.) So as an example this is how it would work.

You go into the Inn at night trying to get the Hoe from the Innkeepers, you enter the small bedroom in the back at 08:01 as early as it opens and a code triggers during the loading screen.

This code is running a script that checks a few things "before they roll the dice".

Cutscene 19#

Indoors - Not Raining

Indoors - Tim loaded.

Indoors -  Ruby loaded.

Indoors - Gift level Greater then or equal=value 5

Time window script - Not exceeding PM =08:01-09:01

If all above have been met then it runs an extra script.

Call = 10Cutscene /20#

Re-Call = 1/Clear#

Clear meaning that it just transports the player into the room with no cutscene running.

If you are unlucky and the timer in the first Cutscene 20# does not match, it recalls the script and tries again with Time window script - Not exceeding PM =09:01-10:01 and so forth.

Hope this long post gets some attention..phew

I also hope everyone understands now how cutscenes in this game works, this game is an old NGC/PS2 game so it's easy to see the scripts and code of the game with emulators.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

No you can go out at any time after 06:00 AM - 00:00 PM, Every hour in the game the in-game clock puts in a random number, when it hits the correct digit the cutscene plays. Your chances are higher for the cutscene to occur if you enter and exit your home every 06:01, 07:01, 08:01, 09:01, 10:01, 11:01 and last time it can occur is 11:59 AM.

This works with every cutscene in the game, from nices to gifting.

When you enter a home at 08:01 a "(Theoretically speaking" = random number is tossed in between 1-10, if you roll a 10 the cutscene will play if certain conditions have been met.) So as an example this is how it would work.

You go into the Inn at night trying to get the Hoe from the Innkeepers, you enter the small bedroom in the back at 08:01 as early as it opens and a code triggers during the loading screen.

This code is running a script that checks a few things "before they roll the dice".

Cutscene 19#

Indoors - Not Raining

Indoors - Tim loaded.

Indoors -  Ruby loaded.

Indoors - Gift level Greater then or equal=value 5

Time window script - Not exceeding PM =08:01-09:01

If all above have been met then it runs an extra script.

Call = 10Cutscene /20#

Re-Call = 1/Clear#

Clear meaning that it just transports the player into the room with no cutscene running.

If you are unlucky and the timer in the first Cutscene 20# does not match, it recalls the script and tries again with Time window script - Not exceeding PM =09:01-10:01 and so forth.

Hope this long post gets some attention..phew

I also hope everyone understands now how cutscenes in this game works, this game is an old NGC/PS2 game so it's easy to see the scripts and code of the game with emulators.

Omg thats helps a lot! Thanks.. I hope it works now for me! :)

On 4/1/2017 at 11:44 PM, Quinntane said:

I just did the head bang scene Spring 1 Year 3, and the morning after at 6:04AM (Spring 2) the cow scene triggered.

Do you still have your original cow on your save? 

I'm also having issues getting the freaking cow's scene. Did you impregnate your cow? I'd freaking hate to restart from the beginning.

• 1 month later...

I've tried and tried on my first save file and then tried on a new save file, I cannot get this stupid cow cutscene.  I literally have four female cows, one of each type, and three males, all but a brown one.  I've tried going in and out at 6:01, 7:01, etc and I've bought new cows in winter before triggering the goddess head bump scene.  I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong here.  None of the other cutscenes seem to be so picky.  Anyone have any ideas what I could be doing?  My cows are outside, I have 7 total, I've triggered the goddess bump scene MULTIPLE times.  It's the last one I need for the plat!

20 hours ago, azariaspice said:

I've tried and tried on my first save file and then tried on a new save file, I cannot get this stupid cow cutscene.  I literally have four female cows, one of each type, and three males, all but a brown one.  I've tried going in and out at 6:01, 7:01, etc and I've bought new cows in winter before triggering the goddess head bump scene.  I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong here.  None of the other cutscenes seem to be so picky.  Anyone have any ideas what I could be doing?  My cows are outside, I have 7 total, I've triggered the goddess bump scene MULTIPLE times.  It's the last one I need for the plat!

Solution: Delete the game and forget about it:..

or you can just keep trying. It seems as though it runs on an RNG system. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/9/2017 at 5:01 PM, Tranquilmelody7 said:

The cow scene on the farm is driving me crazy!

I really want to platinum this game, but I cannot figure out how to trigger that scene!

1f62b.png1f62b.png

Congrats on doing it! lol

So it seems as though the cow scene is giving everyone the biggest headache. About to embark on this in Chapter 2... wish me luck. 

• 4 weeks later...

"Lights in the Sky" is the last trophy I need, but no matter which combination of suggested strategies I use, the cow scene never triggers. I've tried exiting my home every day, every hour, between 06:00-Noon, and I still can't "roll a ten." I wonder if there's some other condition that needs to be met for the scene to trigger (besides exiting the house after 6AM and having the cow pastured). I've tried extra cows, skipping the scene where the Goddess bumps her head, waiting a season after the scene where she bumps her head, leaving the house in the afternoon instead of the morning, starting the sequence of scenes in different years (2-6), making sure the cow(s) have full health/happiness, avoided adverse weather conditions, etc.

According to the various trophy-tracking websites I've visited, dozens of people have this trophy--more people than have played until the end of year 6--so I know it's definitely possible. I just wish I knew which factors separated the failed and successful triggerings of this one specific scene.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was having trouble getting the cow scene as well in chapter 3. I continued to play through until chapter 4 and was able to get it on day 1 after the cut scene between chapters. Just make sure you put your cow out to pasture before 6 am and get back in the house. 

Hope this helps some people - Good luck!

• 5 months later...
On 5/30/2018 at 6:55 PM, Emberance said:

"Lights in the Sky" is the last trophy I need, but no matter which combination of suggested strategies I use, the cow scene never triggers. I've tried exiting my home every day, every hour, between 06:00-Noon, and I still can't "roll a ten." I wonder if there's some other condition that needs to be met for the scene to trigger (besides exiting the house after 6AM and having the cow pastured). I've tried extra cows, skipping the scene where the Goddess bumps her head, waiting a season after the scene where she bumps her head, leaving the house in the afternoon instead of the morning, starting the sequence of scenes in different years (2-6), making sure the cow(s) have full health/happiness, avoided adverse weather conditions, etc.

According to the various trophy-tracking websites I've visited, dozens of people have this trophy--more people than have played until the end of year 6--so I know it's definitely possible. I just wish I knew which factors separated the failed and successful triggerings of this one specific scene.  

This trophy also defeated me man. It ain't fair we were robbed of the platinum. I'm not blaming the trophy guide maker but I did a ton of the things you mentioned and eventually just gave up. Maybe I'll give it another go a couple years down the line when all memory of frustration has subsided but it sadly remains at 96% for me. :(

• 6 months later...

I noticed that the initial screen says happy animals. I have a cow at full hearts but not my horse. I'm in Fall of Chapter 2 with no cow scene. I'm going to try to get my cow max'd out before next chapter and see what happens. 

• 2 weeks later...

No luck on my side either for the cow nice. Attempted spring year 3 (every hour between 6am-noon) with both a young (star) and a full hearted pregnant cow (normal) in the field for variation. 

One of these days... 

Edit* - Cow nice cutscene triggered on Chapter 4, Spring day 1 at 6:01am. Left a normal and a star cow (milk producing adults) in the field on Winter day 10. Reloaded a previous save and attempted the exact same conditions but with a pregnant normal cow, no results. 

Hope this helps the next person.

Edited by VigilantCrow

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 7:43 AM, CarvedWood said:

It seems having a milk producing cow was the deciding factor for the cow cutscene (for me at least).

Got mine in Heaven year 2, spring 1, 6:01AM. The cow in question started giving normal milk near the end of fall the previous year.

Hmmm, there's gotta be other factors. My cow has been giving milk for two seasons. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright folks. Year 3, Spring 1. Scene 3 (cow scene) popped at 1030am after making the rain stop. My cow was pregnant, with full hearts and healthy. I also had a bull with full hearts. My horse was 2 hearts away from full and I owned no poultry. Cat was 3 hearts and dog full. No large field, no building extensions other than Seed Maker. Tartan was unlocked. For a full year, I didn't do anything but take care of my cows / horse then sleep. I woke up at 515am every morning and only brought out my cows when it wasn't raining. Definitely seemed that pregnant and Spring were the keys. 6:01am not required. 

Next scenes triggered when they were supposed to. Summer 1 Year 3 at the villa (stop rain if needed). Fall 1, Year 3 at 1130am - leave farm by south exit. Fall 2, Year 3 same as previous day. 

TL;DR - for scene 3 (cow) full hearts, pregnant and in Year 3 seem to trigger. 

Edited by Kallume
  • Like 2