Collecting "nices"

On 8/8/2019 at 2:48 PM, Kallume said:

Alright folks. Year 3, Spring 1. Scene 3 (cow scene) popped at 1030am after making the rain stop. My cow was pregnant, with full hearts and healthy. I also had a bull with full hearts. My horse was 2 hearts away from full and I owned no poultry. Cat was 3 hearts and dog full. No large field, no building extensions other than Seed Maker. Tartan was unlocked. For a full year, I didn't do anything but take care of my cows / horse then sleep. I woke up at 515am every morning and only brought out my cows when it wasn't raining. Definitely seemed that pregnant and Spring were the keys. 6:01am not required. 

Next scenes triggered when they were supposed to. Summer 1 Year 3 at the villa (stop rain if needed). Fall 1, Year 3 at 1130am - leave farm by south exit. Fall 2, Year 3 same as previous day. 

TL;DR - for scene 3 (cow) full hearts, pregnant and in Year 3 seem to trigger. 

You've inspired me after 1 year+ away from this to return and give it a shot. I'll let you know how my results go. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, realm722 said:

You've inspired me after 1 year+ away from this to return and give it a shot. I'll let you know how my results go. 

Good luck! It was definitely draining to get nothing for all of Year 2... Everywhere I searched online gave timestamps only, but didn't give other information about their farms / setups. 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2019 at 1:16 PM, Kallume said:

Good luck! It was definitely draining to get nothing for all of Year 2... Everywhere I searched online gave timestamps only, but didn't give other information about their farms / setups. 

ITS OVER MY MAN!!!!!! ITS BEEN DONE! IT FINALLY POPPED!

ECcSHONXoAA8Kzy.jpg:large

You are an absolute legend for the advice on the previous post. It's been 1 year+ since I gave up trying, but I'm pretty sure the key was that my cow wasn't pregnant. Anyways, I had lost my old save for Year 3 and just decided to keep going with my Heaven Year 1 Save and figured I'd get my 10-heart cow pregnant right at the end of the winter in Year 1. I got the miracle potion and applied it on Day 8 of Winter. I also had one horse, one sheep, and another cow I was grooming as a 2nd case attempt to try for the following year if for whatever reason my cow was bugged. I had full ranch upgrades, and everything else was normal. I step out on Day 1 of Spring on Year 2 Heaven and the CUTSCENE POPPED. I think it being pregnant and 10 hearts is 100% the key, as long as it's after Year 3 it can be Heaven mode or not. Anyways, from there I got the Romana house clip on Summer 1 with no issues at around 10AM, and then I had a little bit of trouble with the Fall scenes. I got the 1st one to pop on Fall 1 after it stopped raining at like 12:30PM, but the next day on Fall 2 I couldn't get it to pop since it rained from 10AM - 2PM and it was too long for the cutscene to pop. I re-loaded my save, and tried it on Fall 3 and Fall 4 the next day both at 10AM since that's what the trophy guide said and it WORKED! PLATINUM ACHIEVED! 

Hope this helps anyone else who's struggled with this. Post-Chapter 3 (Heaven mode it also works), 10 heart female cow, pregnant.

Cheers!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 8/8/2019 at 11:48 AM, Kallume said:

Alright folks. Year 3, Spring 1. Scene 3 (cow scene) popped at 1030am after making the rain stop. My cow was pregnant, with full hearts and healthy. I also had a bull with full hearts. My horse was 2 hearts away from full and I owned no poultry. Cat was 3 hearts and dog full. No large field, no building extensions other than Seed Maker. Tartan was unlocked. For a full year, I didn't do anything but take care of my cows / horse then sleep. I woke up at 515am every morning and only brought out my cows when it wasn't raining. Definitely seemed that pregnant and Spring were the keys. 6:01am not required. 

Next scenes triggered when they were supposed to. Summer 1 Year 3 at the villa (stop rain if needed). Fall 1, Year 3 at 1130am - leave farm by south exit. Fall 2, Year 3 same as previous day. 

TL;DR - for scene 3 (cow) full hearts, pregnant and in Year 3 seem to trigger. 

Thanks for the info. Definitely will be useful when I get to it. Currently Year 2 and doing the meat of the collecting.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, NoMoreUpdates said:

I can't even get that one - I wonder if it's skippable

The scene where the goddess hits her head can be skipped! In fact, it's easier to trigger the next cutscenes when you skip that one, since the goddess cutscene is kinda bugged and triggers over and over again. Focus on your cow instead, if you want to trigger the next cutscene. 

I have a few tips which helped me:

• Don't focus on the exact days guides recommend, being in the right season during the right time is enough
  • Cutscenes don't trigger when it's raining! Go to the dig site, start digging, leave, weather will be sunny
  • If a cutscene does not trigger, re-entering your house/barn and then going back to the cutscene area gives you another chance to trigger the cutscene

As for me, entering my house/barn and then going back to the cutscene area did wonders. Everytime a cutscene did not trigger, it most definitely triggered after leaving my house/barn. I struggled to trigger all cutscenes in chapter 2, but in chapter 3 everything went smoothly.

Edited by SaKi_Kazuya
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SaKi_Kazuya said:

The scene where the goddess hits her head can be skipped! In fact, it's easier to trigger the next cutscenes when you skip that one, since the goddess cutscene is kinda bugged and triggers over and over again. Focus on your cow instead, if you want to trigger the next cutscene. 

I have a few tips which helped me:

• Don't focus on the exact days guides recommend, being in the right season during the right time is enough
  • Cutscenes don't trigger when it's raining! Go to the dig site, start digging, leave, weather will be sunny
  • If a cutscene does not trigger, re-entering your house/barn and then going back to the cutscene area gives you another chance to trigger the cutscene

As for me, entering my house/barn and then going back to the cutscene area did wonders. Everytime a cutscene did not trigger, it most definitely triggered after leaving my house/barn. I struggled to trigger all cutscenes in chapter 2, but in chapter 3 everything went smoothly.

Thank you for that! Yeah I'm about to run out of days in Chapter 2 Summer so I was thinking of just trying again in the next Chapter - but I could try making a separate save and just praying it happens.
For the cow scene it is wake up early, let out all the animals, go back in house and then leave at like 6:30AM right?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NoMoreUpdates said:

Thank you for that! Yeah I'm about to run out of days in Chapter 2 Summer so I was thinking of just trying again in the next Chapter - but I could try making a separate save and just praying it happens.
For the cow scene it is wake up early, let out all the animals, go back in house and then leave at like 6:30AM right?

You could make a seperate save, but you still have 4 Chapters to go that's more than enough time. 

Yes you got it! By the way, you can also trigger the cow cutscene in Spring.

I also ran out of time in Chapter 2 Summer like you did and end up triggering the scene in Chapter 3 Spring.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SaKi_Kazuya said:

You could make a seperate save, but you still have 4 Chapters to go that's more than enough time. 

Yes you got it! By the way, you can also trigger the cow cutscene in Spring.

I also ran out of time in Chapter 2 Summer like you did and end up triggering the scene in Chapter 3 Spring.

Fantastic! Thank you again for the information and help!
I might just wait until the start of the next chapter then and use this one to focus on getting money lol

• Like 1

So like many others I for the life of me could not get this scene no matter what I did.  I saw the head banging scene on the first day of Spring Chapter 3 but could not get the cow scene.  So I eventually said screw it and carried on with the game.  Next year on Spring 1st at 6 am I got it.  I only had one cow, the horse and one chicken (I sold most of my animals since I was getting ready to just sleep through the rest of the game) but decided to buy a second cow in Summer Chapter 3 and I impregnated my original cow on the First of Fall chapter 3.  I dunno if the extra cows made a difference or not  but I got the scene and that is all I care about.

So yeah if anyone is in the same boat as me and trying to trigger the cow scene right after the head banging scene, just move on to the next year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just felt like pitching in given how annoying that 3rd scene was for me. I'm in the post game and after the first year had a pregnant cow who only became pregnant a few days before the new year. I wasn't expecting to get the scene as I wasn't paying attention to the date. But sure enough come spring first of the second year, left the house around 5:24 to see if my second non-pregnant cow wasn't sick anymore and it triggered. I feel having a pregnant cow is indeed the key for that scene.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have tried literally everything in this tread & the scene STILL won't trigger. My cow is 10 stars, produces S rank milk, is pregnant & outside. Doesn't trigger. I tried skipping the second scene, still doesn't trigger. Tried leaving every day of Spring for all 10 days at 6:01am, 7:01am etc. all the way until noon & still didn't trigger. Literally everything I try won't trigger this scene & it's absolutely ridiculous. Top 5 worst designed trophies I've ever had to displeasure of trying to get.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 10:27 PM, ObsiEez said:

I have tried literally everything in this tread & the scene STILL won't trigger. My cow is 10 stars, produces S rank milk, is pregnant & outside. Doesn't trigger. I tried skipping the second scene, still doesn't trigger. Tried leaving every day of Spring for all 10 days at 6:01am, 7:01am etc. all the way until noon & still didn't trigger. Literally everything I try won't trigger this scene & it's absolutely ridiculous. Top 5 worst designed trophies I've ever had to displeasure of trying to get.

I noticed you and I did a similar thing and said "screw that trophy" and slept all the way through Chapter 6 to get the last gold trophy. 10 days later you got this stupid Nices trophy to pop on the 26th of June. What did you end up doing to trigger it? (to help future strugglers of this god-forsaken silver)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, realm722 said:

I noticed you and I did a similar thing and said "screw that trophy" and slept all the way through Chapter 6 to get the last gold trophy. 10 days later you got this stupid Nices trophy to pop on the 26th of June. What did you end up doing to trigger it? (to help future strugglers of this god-forsaken silver)

Facts I absolutely had it with that trophy & it was pissing me off but I didn't want to drop it so I took the advice of everyone in here & combined ALL of it.

So I started a whole new playthrough with the whole goal to have 2 regular female cows to have 10 hearts & have 1 be pregnant by the end of year one. You'll also want to buy that second regular female cow as soon as you can So basically just focus only on your cows & getting them to 10 hearts (Brushing them twice a day, milking the first one twice a day, keeping them outside, stuff like that). At about Winter 4-5 get the first cow pregnant & keep tending to them. At the start of Year 2 I waited for 6pm to trigger the first scene at the lake & then went to bed but DO NOT trigger the second scene at the lake. When I went outside at 6am on Spring 2 of Year 2 the piece of shit FINALLY triggered. The rest of the events trigger just fine & on the times they said they would. When going for the other events they will not trigger when raining however, you can go into the excavating camp, dig a tile or 2 & it'll stop raining when you come back out.

A tip, buy fertilizer so you can fertilizer the grass to be able to keep feeding them without having to worry about running out of fodder. Good luck on your journey to getting this annoying ass trophy!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Cow cutscene is kind of disappointing.

I had to start over to trigger it. 

Here is what I've done. 

My regular cow has full hearts and about half health. It is not pregnant and do not produce milk. 

I have another cow with 8 hearts and third of its health. It is still young and cannot produce milk, but it is almost a year since I bought it.

I triggered the introduction in Chapter 2 Spring 1. 

I skipped the first nice cutscene and triggered the cow cutscene in Ch2. Spring 2, 6 AM. 

I don't have any other animals. So I think the trick is to skip the first nice cutscene. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 5:30 AM, ObsiEez said:

Facts I absolutely had it with that trophy & it was pissing me off but I didn't want to drop it so I took the advice of everyone in here & combined ALL of it.

So I started a whole new playthrough with the whole goal to have 2 regular female cows to have 10 hearts & have 1 be pregnant by the end of year one. You'll also want to buy that second regular female cow as soon as you can So basically just focus only on your cows & getting them to 10 hearts (Brushing them twice a day, milking the first one twice a day, keeping them outside, stuff like that). At about Winter 4-5 get the first cow pregnant & keep tending to them. At the start of Year 2 I waited for 6pm to trigger the first scene at the lake & then went to bed but DO NOT trigger the second scene at the lake. When I went outside at 6am on Spring 2 of Year 2 the piece of shit FINALLY triggered. The rest of the events trigger just fine & on the times they said they would. When going for the other events they will not trigger when raining however, you can go into the excavating camp, dig a tile or 2 & it'll stop raining when you come back out.

A tip, buy fertilizer so you can fertilizer the grass to be able to keep feeding them without having to worry about running out of fodder. Good luck on your journey to getting this annoying ass trophy!

I was struggling badly trying to get the cow scene, and your method worked! Had 2 female cows, the original one impregnated on Winter 5, both 10 hearts and took care them every day. Left the cows out all day, triggered the first cut scene, Year 2 Spring 1, and slept. Went out at 3:14AM the next day (Spring 2) and the cow scene happened! What's funny is I tried doing this with just the original cow and horse my first playthough and could not get the scene to happen at all in Year 2, 3 and 4. I don't know if having more than one 10 heart cow is what caused the scene to finally happen, but I'm glad it finally did.

Edited by Shades89935
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2021 at 4:20 PM, Shades89935 said:

I was struggling badly trying to get the cow scene, and your method worked! Had 2 female cows, the original one impregnated on Winter 5, both 10 hearts and took care them every day. Left the cows out all day, triggered the first cut scene, Year 2 Spring 1, and slept. Went out at 3:14AM the next day (Spring 2) and the cow scene happened! What's funny is I tried doing this with just the original cow and horse my first playthough and could not get the scene to happen at all in Year 2, 3 and 4. I don't know if having more than one 10 heart cow is what caused the scene to finally happen, but I'm glad it finally did.

Can definitely confirm this! Getting your cow pregnant is key. I wasn't able to get the second nice cut scene on my 2nd year so I moved on to my 3rd year and it triggered. On m 4th year on the 1st of spring I got the cow cut scene. I had 4 cows, had my starter cow get pregnant on the 5th of winter year 3 so that it would be pregnant just in time for 1st of spring of year 4. I had that cow's hearts all maxed out as well as another one's hearts all maxed out. The rest of the cut scenes played out as they should've. One thing is to make sure that it's not raining as it will not trigger the cut scenes so make sure you go the digging site, start digging and immediately leave the site so that you get clear weather and try again. Also one thing to note is that sometimes the scene's wouldn't trigger at all no matter what I did. To remedy this simply reload your save and it should work! 

Quick note is that despite what the guide says this game is NOT a 15 h plat! 30-50 h seems about right for this one. Also wanna thank the lovely people on the forums for posting their methods for this particular trophy, I would've lost my mind if I had to do another play through. The grind is REAL in this game! Anyway, hope this helps the next poor fella that decides to tackle this! ??

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Could I get some clarification on what exactly the requirements are for getting the cow "nice" scene? I tried taking all of the suggestions posted in this thread to try and get it to pop up, but to no avail... As for what I did:

- I had a normal cow get pregnant during the second half of Winter Chapter 2 and is also at 10 hearts

- I bought a Star Cow during that season as well but was not at full hearts came Spring Chapter 3

- I tried exiting my house after 6 AM with the barn animals outside every day in Spring and Summer Chapter 3

Is there something I'm missing? I know I saw the first "nice" scene with the Harvest Sprites on Spring 1 Chapter 2 but did not see the one where the Harvest Goddess is banging her head as I heard this scene can be skipped. Is having more than one cow with 10 hearts required? Do the chickens need to be outside as well?

EDIT: The trophy popped last night! Having a cow be pregnant isn't the only requirement. Make sure to have two cows with 10 hearts! Every cutscene should play out as it should after you have these requirements.

Edited by TalesofGaming

• 3 months later...
On 6/13/2022 at 10:16 AM, TalesofGaming said:

Could I get some clarification on what exactly the requirements are for getting the cow "nice" scene? I tried taking all of the suggestions posted in this thread to try and get it to pop up, but to no avail... As for what I did:

- I had a normal cow get pregnant during the second half of Winter Chapter 2 and is also at 10 hearts

- I bought a Star Cow during that season as well but was not at full hearts came Spring Chapter 3

- I tried exiting my house after 6 AM with the barn animals outside every day in Spring and Summer Chapter 3

Is there something I'm missing? I know I saw the first "nice" scene with the Harvest Sprites on Spring 1 Chapter 2 but did not see the one where the Harvest Goddess is banging her head as I heard this scene can be skipped. Is having more than one cow with 10 hearts required? Do the chickens need to be outside as well?

EDIT: The trophy popped last night! Having a cow be pregnant isn't the only requirement. Make sure to have two cows with 10 hearts! Every cutscene should play out as it should after you have these requirements.

I want to confirm that this does seem to be the trick. I was on year 5 with a single pregnant cow with 10 hearts and the nice event just wouldn't trigger. Bought a star cow, raised it to 10 hearts, had them both pastured before spring came, impregnated the star cow on the 6th of winter, and the nice cow event triggered on the 1st day of spring at 5 AM.

• Like 1