Suggestion list

I have a bunch of suggestions and a thread is good place for it :)

- bbcode or htmlcode for Trophy Tips : we need a good editor so we can add images, links, videos, to the tips. I do not think we need colors and font resize and other stuff that could effect the style of the forum. There is a good editor you can find here : http://ckeditor.com/ . really easy to install and you can enable and disable any feature you want. it runs on Jquery by the way.

- estimated time for platinum in the game page : this statistics can be gotten by taking the fastest person who platinumed it. round the time to Hours.. and add + beside it! So it will look like this : 100+ Hours.

- comments under each trophy : while some people wants to add tips, others like to put some comments on a specific trophy. In order not to make things mixed up, a button beside "add a tip" could solve the problem.

- Japanese translation : you can do some regex in php to find the language that is used on each trophy. If it was Japanese.. you can add a button beside the "add a tip" where somebody can translate what the trophy is saying in English. After they translate it. the name of the trophy become in this format :

Japanese Trophy Name (English Translation)

- Tips writers : you can open a new group (new color) where people can apply to be "tips writers". Tips writer can do something like : deleting a tip, pinning a tip, add trophy translations and so on!

• Like 3

Overall nice ideas.

But I'm not too fond of this one in it's form:

- estimated time for platinum in the game page : this statistics can be gotten by taking the fastest person who platinumed it. round the time to Hours.. and add + beside it! So it will look like this : 100+ Hours.

If you take the fastest person it shows how fast it can get done, sure.

But the fastest player is probably some hardcore gamer and not representative.

I'd go with the average time, but not the fastest possible.

Edited by Latikos

No tip writing team. Tips are already automatically put on the guide page with the highest rated.

a writing team would be more encouraging to make tips have better quality and quantity. that way we do not need to go to another website and look for some guides if we needed. we can do it all in this website.

Overall nice ideas.

But I'm not too fond of this one in it's form:

If you take the fastest person it shows how fast it can get done, sure.

But the fastest player is probably some hardcore gamer and not representative.

I'd go with the average time, but not the fastest possible.

anything! It was just a suggestion! and a very easy one to do! they can fix it later and make it count the average.

it will take a long time to figure out the equation for the average platinum hours, especially that people do not tend to finish the platinum in one game session. I do not know how sly is going to do it. But I think we need it =) and its good that you agree with me.

- bbcode or htmlcode for Trophy Tips : This could work.

- estimated time for platinum in the game page : Nah, there are people who speed run into a plat and that would mess up the stat.

- comments under each trophy : Spam.

- Japanese translation : This I agree with.

- Tips writers : I believe the comunity does this in itself, by giving tips a score and such.

a writing team would be more encouraging to make tips have better quality and quantity. that way we do not need to go to another website and look for some guides if we needed. we can do it all in this website.

Sly has already stated before that trophy tips are not the main draw to this site. Just as well, a lot of us have witnessed members go on power trips with something like a writing team on another trophy site. I think most of us can agree that we don't want to deal with that again.

• Like 2

Sly has already stated before that trophy tips are not the main draw to this site. Just as well, a lot of us have witnessed members go on power trips with something like a writing team on another trophy site. I think most of us can agree that we don't want to deal with that again.

That is why I am here now :P

• Like 1

I agree with what you said. but there is no harm in putting two or three people to write trophy tips! that way, people can find everything they want in one site.

I agree with what you said. but there is no harm in putting two or three people to write trophy tips! that way, people can find everything they want in one site.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I just want to really flesh out the idea, although I'm in disagreement at the moment. What exactly does this site position entail? They can't possibly judge the content of every single trophy tip, as that would require that they know about nearly every single trophy. Do they format them, and correct them for grammar and conventions?

- estimated time for platinum in the game page : Nah, there are people who speed run into a plat and that would mess up the stat.

As I said before, I think an average time could work. Because just as you always have speedrunners who run through a game for trophies alone, you will always have people taking their time with the same game, to experience everything.

I think the bigger problem would be, that this site takes the time, when the first trophy was achieved and takes all days/months/years until the platinum.

I doubt, that there would be another way, but given, that this time represents nothing anymore once someone plays several games at the same time, it's difficult to get a real average time...

Maybe a box at the side of each game, where player can post their times (once the game is finished), the game difficulty (after reaching a certain percentage of trophies) and such... could be an alternative. I don't know... ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

App

Languages

Share to public the page and get more people

Some way to comunicate from here instead of the ps3 keyboard

Secret trophies: they are already showed so: spoilers alert, make some way to sort or group the trophies and a way to identified which are secret ones, example

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/split-second/trophies/

Trophy Groups:

Normals

Secrets

DLCs

Earned - not earned

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of some kind of sortable "Time to Platinum" table. Whether it's a "Fastest Platinum" menu for each game on the Leaderboard, or using an algorithm to find the average, that would be amazing for us trophy whores who are looking for a nice quick platinum. :D

I'd prefer the "Fastest Platinum" menu simply because stragglers can bring down the average. For instance, I've been playing Skyrim for over a year now and still don't have platinum. Obviously Skyrim isn't considered a 1-year platinum, probably closer to 50 hours for those solely going for it, but if it's included in the average, it's going to drag the number down a lot. Even if the "Fastest Platinum" is filled with the guys who just blow through a game with nothing in mind but trophies, it still would give you an idea of what you're looking at.

• 10 months later...

I'm gonna go ahead and resurrect this thread based on the "estimated time to platinum" component. I'd like to see a sort option under Games for Shortest / Longest Platinum, so we can get a clearer idea of which games to target. We can already do that to some extent by using Difficulty, but it'd be nice to compile a list of games in say the 10-20 hour time to Platinum range.

I think this might be possible by restricting the query to say the top 50 / 100 / 200 to Platinum a game based on the timestamp of the first trophy to ping and the timestamp of the Platinum, then display the average time to complete. But that's not going to give a fair indication of actual time invested vs real-time passed, eg 20 hours is more like 2 to 3 days of gaming (for the fastest guys), so I really don't think it's a viable option.

Anyway...here's a site that provides similar data - http://www.howlongtobeat.com. I'm not sure how they compile their stats (likely an honour system), but it's probably the closest thing we're going to get.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

I also like the "estimated time to platinum" idea, though the other ideas are a bit sketchy - I definitely wouldn't calculate it off of the number one fastest time like he said, haha, I would calculate it based off of the AVERAGE TIME of MANY people that got the platinum. Maybe the top 5 - 10% timing of people or something? Because the average of 100% of people may throw it way off (later achievers taking 2 or 4 years to complete, etc). I'm not totally sure about the right percentage or equation that would be needed but it would be a cool stat if that's even stable with all games with the timestamps!

Edited by BlindMango

I really don't think you can get an accurate estimate of time to platinum using all the data. We have no idea if players play for 8 hours a day or 2, therefore if it takes 4 days to platinum, it could mean 32 hours or 8, and that's not taking into consideration players not playing the game for a few days, weeks etc.

I really don't think you can get an accurate estimate of time to platinum using all the data. We have no idea if players play for 8 hours a day or 2, therefore if it takes 4 days to platinum, it could mean 32 hours or 8, and that's not taking into consideration players not playing the game for a few days, weeks etc.

That's pretty much my take on it too, but it's Christmas time and we can add it to our wish-lists :angel: 

Sly's got the data and he obviously knows how to play with it, so maybe he can pull a rabbit out of his hat and we can get some sort of average time to Platinum stats. If not, the How Long to Beat site seems to be on the right track.

I'm gonna go ahead and resurrect this thread based on the "estimated time to platinum" component. I'd like to see a sort option under Games for Shortest / Longest Platinum, so we can get a clearer idea of which games to target. We can already do that to some extent by using Difficulty, but it'd be nice to compile a list of games in say the 10-20 hour time to Platinum range.

I think this might be possible by restricting the query to say the top 50 / 100 / 200 to Platinum a game based on the timestamp of the first trophy to ping and the timestamp of the Platinum, then display the average time to complete. But that's not going to give a fair indication of actual time invested vs real-time passed, eg 20 hours is more like 2 to 3 days of gaming (for the fastest guys), so I really don't think it's a viable option.

Anyway...here's a site that provides similar data - http://www.howlongtobeat.com. I'm not sure how they compile their stats (likely an honour system), but it's probably the closest thing we're going to get.

We could also do two metrics: one being maybe the average of the top ten or twenty fastest achievers ("Minimum Time to Completion"), and the other being the average of all users sans the fastest and slowest twenty or so, to eliminate outliers ("Average/Estimated Time to Completion").

Edited by Curb

Well, obviously the only stat related to time is the one Sly already accounts.
But that is not how many hours did it take to finish, it's simply the span of time passed from the first to the last trophy and that as a "estimated time for platinum" is pretty much useless.
I can play up to 30-50 hours a week, but there are people playing just about 1 hour a day or even less.

Edited by DocDoomII