Jak and Daxter: The Trilogy and Jak X PS2 classic games to PS4.

When i heard and woke up this morning NZT, I'm surprised that 4 Jak and Daxter titles are receiving remaster on PS4 with trophies included and others too, However I would love to see if Naughty Dog can make the graphics abit more improving around the surroundings and others need improving too. But still I'm looking forward to see it this year. For Jak X I would love to see if they can put online mode to connect other people in different countries for racing/other events as well.

What are your thoughts?

@Mar good news  :) 

This is great news by the way. I'm currently working on the Jak and Daxter trilogy on the Vita and PS3. But now that they have announced that the trilogy is coming to PS4. I have to hurry up and earn all 6 platinums. :D

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

I mean, there is already this thread up above to discuss.....

Yeah but this is Jak and Daxter we are talking about here. It needs more then just 1 forum.  People need to know about this. :D

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 3

Just now, marvelboy10 said:

Yeah but this is Jak and Daxter we are talking about here. It needs more then just 1 slide.  People need to know about this. :D

Yeah i think for that there are the Ps3/Vita topics of the games themself xD

Just now, Sora9427 said:

Yeah i think for that there are the Ps3/Vita topics of the games themself xD

Spread the word of this joyous news. Let us all celebrate the coming of a childhood classic to our PS4.  Let us welcome it with open arms.:lol:

Just now, marvelboy10 said:

Spread the word of this joyous news. Let us all celebrate the coming of a childhood classic to our PS4.  Let us welcome it with open arms.:lol:

Well it's not like we don't see those since ages, we have them on Ps3 and Vita xD

Plus if all the Jak were like the first one i will totally agree....

• Like 2

Already got the HD remasters on PS3... there's plenty of PS2 games I'd rather see TBH.

Jak X? The worst game Naughty Dog has done on a Sony platform. It's their worst selling, like all the Jak games are, but this one performed terrible (Jak 1 sold pretty decent for when it was released though). It had memory card glitches that could permanently ruin your memory card (without third party tools). The gameplay, well, it certainly wasn't the amazing kart game they did on PS1 (Crash Team Racing). The game had poor controls, went maybe a bit too fast, even if it felt slow. Basically a mediocre racing game with bad controls and some combat elements that for the most part seemed like a terrible copy/paste of the karting in Jak 3. I would have some serious doubts about anyone playing the karts in Jak 3 thinking, I want a whole game of this awful experience, but with this game existing someone obviously did.

Hopefully we'll see some more PS2 RPGs and platformers that haven't received a lot of attention in a while.

48 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Time to stack those platinum trophies1f354.png

Would you buy it if I said the orb glitches doesn't work in Jak 2 or 3? :P I know I wouldn't boot up the games that required me to do really well on the awful gun ranges. I might get Jak 1 though.

Prediction:

salt.jpg

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

trophy hunters will be happy being able to get more easy plats.

me personally i happy for Jak X since we havn't gotten that one yet with trophies, but not for the others since i mean we already have them on PS3 and Vita, personally for PS2 games on PS4 i personally want to see ones that weren't on PS3 and vita that had trophies.

Edited by I Am Error

Just now, I Am Error said:

trophy hunters will be happy being able to get more easy plats.

me personally i happy for Jak X but not for the others since i mean we already have them on PS3 and Vita, personally for PS2 games on PS4 i personally want to see ones that weren't on PS3 and vita that had trophies.

Jak 1 might be easy, but without the orb glitch, are you really going to say Jak 2 and 3 are easy? I mean, I can easily do all of Jak 2 and 3, except for the gun ranges. The gun play is awful, and having to use it that reliable is just frustrating. I might be able to do it after enough tries, I think I did on PS2, but no thanks. :( 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Spaz said:

They may keep the games intact, they're not a reboot like the Crash Bandicoot trilogy coming this year. 

This is an emulation, everything will be exactly the same as the PS2 versions, but with better graphics, trophy support, and no online functionality.

Crash isn't a reboot, either. The devs refer to it as a "remaster+" but essentially it's a remake. Reboot implies brand new game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Crash isn't a reboot, either. The devs refer to it as a "remaster+" but essentially it's a remake. Reboot implies brand new game.

I generally refer to reboots as remakes. The last Crash Bandicoot game Naughty Dog developed I was still in grade school. 

I look forward to the trilogy. Never played the games since I was too caught up with Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye and a few other N64 titles.

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I'm still waiting on Resistance 1 and Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction to get trophy support.

Resistance and Ratchet and Clank are my two all time favourite games along with a couple others. Size matters and secret agent clank with trophy support would be great too.

The timing is pure BS. I wanted a Jak X Platinum as my 100th for several years (assuming this port will have one), I gave it time to become a thing, and after all this time, NOW it becomes a thing. I just recently got my 100th Platinum not even 2 months ago. This is so unfair.

I'd love if we were given more avatars as well, especially-specifically Samos, Keira, and Light Jak (and Mar to of course). It's pretty stupid already how those 3 dont already exist. I dont believe any other PS24 game have gotten avatars, but themes and soundtracks Ive seen. A theme would also be nice, regardless of its quality. Any bonus content is welcomed by Jak fans like me.

Now Jak X wont have online already - obviously I dont have to do a wall of text on how stupid this is since a lot of people already (Youtube and PS Blog + Etc) have been criticizing Sony for the nonsensical decision - but if it doesn't have a platinum trophy either, it's hardly worth supporting the game with a purchase via its tied enhancement theme. From an actual game perspective, it's a must buy for Jak fans (faithful returning cast, voice acting, personality, more development, and surprinsingly good story + staple plot twists), racing fans who dont just have a bias for kart racers (massive replayvalue, content, customization, and game-modes), story connections, combat racer fans (Twisted Metal/so fourth), and generally people who can at least tolerate racers.

Overall, Jak X will be the highlight of the tetralogy here simply because it wasnt part of the PS3 Collection (which fans were pissed about -- theres even a long running Jak X Remastered Petition out there.. of course I signed it yrs ago, heh), and Ive already seen a ton of people praise Sony for including Jak X (Jak X is a bad game though, right?).

4 hours ago, Nexuds121 said:

When i heard and woke up this morning NZT, I'm surprised that 4 Jak and Daxter titles are receiving remaster on PS4 with trophies included and others too, However I would love to see if Naughty Dog can make the graphics abit more improving around the surroundings and others need improving too. But still I'm looking forward to see it this year. For Jak X I would love to see if they can put online mode to connect other people in different countries for racing/other events as well.

What are your thoughts?

• Not a remaster (its resolution is being upscaled)
  • Naughty Dog have nothing to do with this, this is all-100% Sony. (ND hardly did anything with the actual PS3 Rems to.)
  • Online is not returning, highly unfortunately

1 hour ago, ryankamal1998 said:

insomniac take notes

You mean Sony... 

But why would you even recommend them to take notes when they've done something better than upscaling and remastering.... full remake. Insomniac have done the best thing, and iirc, their remake surpassed A Crack in Time's sales.

1 minute ago, Mar said:

The timing is pure BS. I wanted a Jak X Platinum as my 100th for several years (assuming this port will have one), I gave it time to become a thing, and after all this time, NOW it becomes a thing. I just recently got my 100th Platinum not even 2 months ago. This is so unfair.

I'd love if we were given more avatars as well, especially-specifically Samos, Keira, and Light Jak (and Mar to of course). It's pretty stupid already how those 3 dont already exist. I dont believe any other PS24 game have gotten avatars, but themes and soundtracks Ive seen. A theme would also be nice, regardless of its quality. Any bonus content is welcomed by Jak fans like me.

Now Jak X wont have online already - obviously I dont have to do a wall of text on how stupid this is since a lot of people already (Youtube and PS Blog + Etc) have been criticizing Sony for the nonsensical decision - but if it doesn't have a platinum trophy either, it's hardly worth supporting the game with a purchase via its tied enhancement theme. From an actual game perspective, it's a must buy for Jak fans (faithful returning cast, voice acting, personality, more development, and surprinsingly good story + staple plot twists), racing fans who dont just have a bias for kart racers (massive replayvalue, content, customization, and game-modes), story connections, combat racer fans (Twisted Metal/so fourth), and generally people who can at least tolerate racers.

Overall, Jak X will be the highlight of the tetralogy here simply because it wasnt part of the PS3 Collection (which fans were pissed about -- theres even a long running Jak X Remastered Petition out there.. of course I signed it yrs ago, heh), and Ive already seen a ton of people praise Sony for including Jak X (Jak X is a bad game though, right?).

• Not a remaster (its resolution is being upscaled)
  • Naughty Dog have nothing to do with this, this is all-100% Sony. (ND hardly did anything with the actual PS3 Rems to.)
  • Online is not returning, highly unfortunately

You mean Sony... 

But why would you even recommend them to take notes when they've done something better than upscaling and remastering.... full remake. Insomniac have done the best thing, and iirc, their remake surpassed A Crack in Time's sales.

I liked the full remake, doesn't mean I don't want the originals on PS4, that's why I recommended. Why would I mean Sony? Sony aren't the Devs lol.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I'm still waiting on Resistance 1 and Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction to get trophy support.

10 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Resistance and Ratchet and Clank are my two all time favourite games along with a couple others. Size matters and secret agent clank with trophy support would be great too.

all these would be cool if they got them, i'd also take the Daxter game too 

7 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

I liked the full remake, doesn't mean I don't want the originals on PS4, that's why I recommended.

Why would I mean Sony? Sony aren't the Devs lol.

Yes, but you targetted Insomniac, this is about them, not you.

Because Sony are the ones doing JaD, and their releasing it on their own domain. Insomniac are irrelevant, you should be wanting Sony to do this, like they're doing JaD instead of Naughty Dog, not Insomniac. Insomniac themselves........ have already done the best, most superior thing possible, so it's doubly stupid to rely on them. Insomniac are on point.

Edited by Mar