Andromeda Patch 1.05 - Increased inventory, Updated face animations, and more!!!

ruffedgz

Sources:

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/04/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-05-notes/

https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-journey-ahead

New patching coming out this Thursday (April 6, 2017) which is a quick turn over and hopefully will help those who are still enjoying the game. Some key features in the patch from the article:

• Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
  • Increasing the inventory limits
  • Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
  • Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
  • Improving localized voice over lip sync
  • Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
  • Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer

(taken from the https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-journey-ahead article)

I know this patch should have been in the release of the game but hopefully this patch will help with the concerns/problems people saw on day one of the release.

Please read the notes above and tell use what you think of the patch coming up!!

Im excited for any multiplayer improvements coming out soon and hopefully will see what new content will be coming as well.

• Like 1

The 'Decrease of cost of the remnant decryption keys' and 'increase of inventory size' are 2 things that weren't needed - The inventory space could be increased to 80 through the cryo pods which is more than enough as the materials don't take up any room and the junk stacks - the reduction in cost for the keys is most likely because a load of stupid people are moaning about not understanding how Sudoku work! 

It's a 4-icon Sudoku - not exactly hard! There were like 2 which were 5 icons, but still, that also were not hard. It's like people who don't understand Minesweeper - it really baffles me. 

I am happy they are allowing you to skip the space travel and planet zooming cutscenes - should make exploring a lot easier - I'm 1 trophy off the plat though (finish on insanity) - so i'm just hoping they have made the checkpoints a little more user-friendly so I can run through it. At the moment I dind't want to risk it as if you die you get sent back a little too far.

15 minutes ago, turniplord said:

The 'Decrease of cost of the remnant decryption keys' and 'increase of inventory size' are 2 things that weren't needed - The inventory space could be increased to 80 through the cryo pods which is more than enough as the materials don't take up any room and the junk stacks - the reduction in cost for the keys is most likely because a load of stupid people are moaning about not understanding how Sudoku work! 

It's a 4-icon Sudoku - not exactly hard! There were like 2 which were 5 icons, but still, that also were not hard. It's like people who don't understand Minesweeper - it really baffles me. 

Yeah same, at the start I didn't really get the works (since you had to press R2 / L2) there wasn't really a explenation about the L2 or R2 part... or I missed it lol..

But for the rest, those 5 can be a bit harder but if you just look closely it's nothing you can handle.. 

and still the costs could have been the same, you get loads of credits... I'm currently at 40k credits or even more.. 

and I'm currently working toward the only insanity run for plat.. But first i'm going to enjoy the rest of the game.. :) 

40 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

But did they patch the shitty writing? No? I'll pass then...

lol, dont think they can patch that but I think the writing and dialog isn't bad in my opinion.. I mean it isn't award winning but its still entertaining :P

37 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Hopfully this shuts the people that complain about the facial stuff up. That gets old after a while, if your playing Mass Effect to look at faces, your playing it for the wrong reasons.

I totally agree

Just now, DizzyDavidson said:

So what changed regarding MP?

Release notes explained it but here are some highlights:

• Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (see below for detailed notes on balance changes)
  • Improved matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
  • Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer

Those were the key ones with the term 'multiplayer' in it but might be others Im missing.

For MP, I've been using the Mattock AR. After patch I think they decreased time between shot and up damage. Using to take a clip to drop a low level now 5-7 shot.

The also put a huge buff on the Remnant Destroyer. In Bronze is was a killing machine. One shooting everyone on the board.  

I didn't try Kett yet. 

They also sped up the ticket on clickies. About twice as fast 

Oh and they did something with the Soldier. I stared out with 11 grenades instead of 4. Don't know if it was a bug

Edited by FaintKarma