What to do if you get hacked and trophies pop, screwing your list…

Gray-Fox-44

Is the suggestion in this thread that trophies sometimes just sync randomly? Or just that they may sync without you realising it? I've never seen my trophies being synced except for two specific situations. Either I've triggered a sync myself (selecting "sync with server", opening the trophy menu (online or offline mode), viewing my profile or viewing somebody else's trophies) or they have been synced during the PS+ automatic update. Never have they just synced for no reason whatsoever. Unless I'm wrong about this and I've somehow just avoided this random sync, I think disconnecting your PS3 from the internet is unnecessary, especially if you need to back up some saves to the cloud. Just turn off the automatic update and be careful not to trigger a sync yourself.

I'm also wondering what you're supposed to do if the trophies just auto-pop when you play the game again because the data was stored on the game servers. Is this something that can happen and if so, are you supposed to just leave the game on your profile unfinished? Then there's those other game saves you backed up which may auto-pop trophies of their own as you hadn't yet synced them before deleting your profile.

Ultimately, I think this is a good post but not a perfect solution at all. And most importantly, if someone doesn't use this method that doesn't make it their fault that they have hacked trophies on their account.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2017 at 4:56 PM, Gray-Fox-44 said:

List of games with known hacked lobbies that make trophies pop:

- Call of Duty (mainly Black Ops 2 and Wold at War)

- Red Dead Redemption

- Warhawk

- Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA)

- Little Big Planet 2 (apparently)

-Dark Souls (althought it's not clear for me if the hacking pops trophies or only in-game stuff)

With Dark Souls, it's mainly with players dropping hacked equipment pieces (which can relate to the relevant trophies) with the 'victim' per se picking them up without knowing. Also, I've seen a lot of trophy disputes with Demon's souls 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

With Dark Souls, it's mainly with players dropping hacked equipment pieces (which can relate to the relevant trophies) with the 'victim' per se picking them up without knowing. Also, I've seen a lot of trophy disputes with Demon's souls 

This clarifies my doubt regarding Dark Souls. Thank you for sharing :)

1 hour ago, mekktor said:

Is the suggestion in this thread that trophies sometimes just sync randomly? Or just that they may sync without you realising it? I've never seen my trophies being synced except for two specific situations. Either I've triggered a sync myself (selecting "sync with server", opening the trophy menu (online or offline mode), viewing my profile or viewing somebody else's trophies) or they have been synced during the PS+ automatic update. Never have they just synced for no reason whatsoever. Unless I'm wrong about this and I've somehow just avoided this random sync, I think disconnecting your PS3 from the internet is unnecessary, especially if you need to back up some saves to the cloud. Just turn off the automatic update and be careful not to trigger a sync yourself.

This random sync that I suggest is based on my own experience. I have an android app in my phone that shows me my PSN profile, and whatever trophies I may have. That app notifies me on "recently obtained" trophies. It has happened to me that I was playing a game and some time after earning a trophy (let's say half an hour) the app notifies me on that trophy that I have just earned. The thing is that within this "half an hour" period I had not synched, not checking my profile, nor did I even enter the XMB. I suspect that this might be related to a feature that auto-synchronizes one's profile, but I can't find useful info about that on the web. That is why I recommend going offline, simply because I cannot explain the sync system properly, and as far as I have tested, this workaround works fine.

Also bare in mind this contribution of another player:
"Side note: Using PS+ online storage cloud might result in an accidental sync of your trophies, so don't risk it and use a USB device!"

I'm also wondering what you're supposed to do if the trophies just auto-pop when you play the game again because the data was stored on the game servers. Is this something that can happen and if so, are you supposed to just leave the game on your profile unfinished? Then there's those other game saves you backed up which may auto-pop trophies of their own as you hadn't yet synced them before deleting your profile.

I don't really know whether in-game servers store trophy data regarding each player's profile, but if they do, I guess that auto-popping might occur. Even though, I think that it is worth giving this method a try. Of course that you should be careful with your save game, since that may carry your trophy information and, if you leave the game AFTER saving, it may auto-pop. That's why I suggest to leave the given game's save in stand by, at least until you legitimately earn those trophies.

As for other trophies that you may have in your list and that are not synched, the only advice that I can give is the one that I quote as follows:

"Throwback: If you don’t sync your list often you might end up losing more trophies than only those that popped due to the hacker, because PSN servers keep record of your SYNCHRONIZED DATA.
Solution: Sync your legitimately earned trophies often!!"

I know that this is not THE BEST, but so far is the best that I can think of.

Ultimately, I think this is a good post but not a perfect solution at all. And most importantly, if someone doesn't use this method that doesn't make it their fault that they have hacked trophies on their account.

Of course this is not a perfect solution! I'm sorry if I made it sound that way. And most important, I don't say that it's the player's fault, I just say that there is at least a chance for they to undo the hacking. I only intend to create awareness on this topic, since the rules in this site won't allow a hacked list if the reason for it is "a hacker did it."

I do appreciate your contribution, you made me re-think on some of the aspects of the thread. I'll try to improve it in any way possible :)

Edited by Gray-Fox-44
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

This random sync that I suggest is based on my own experience. I have an android app in my phone that shows me my PSN profile, and whatever trophies I may have. That app notifies me on "recently obtained" trophies. It has happened to me that I was playing a game and some time after earning a trophy (let's say half an hour) the app notifies me on that trophy that I have just earned. The thing is that within this "half an hour" period I had not synched, not checking my profile, nor did I even enter the XMB. I suspect that this might be related to a feature that auto-synchronizes one's profile, but I can't find useful info about that on the web. That is why I recommend going offline, simply because I cannot explain the sync system properly, and as far as I have tested, this workaround works fine.

Was this for a game on PS3? If it was, that's odd to me but it's entirely possible I just haven't noticed it syncing on it's own. If it wasn't PS3 then yeah I have no idea whether it auto-syncs or not (it probably does on PS4 with the social networking push they were doing), but I did assume we were talking mostly about PS3 here. Either way, what you suggest is certainly the safest approach, I just feel like if it meant you might lose a copy-protected save or something then maybe you don't need to be quite that cautious.

7 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

I don't really know whether in-game servers store trophy data regarding each player's profile, but if they do, I guess that auto-popping might occur. Even though, I think that it is worth giving this method a try. Of course that you should be careful with your save game, since that may carry your trophy information and, if you leave the game AFTER saving, it may auto-pop. That's why I suggest to leave the given game's save in stand by, at least until you legitimately earn those trophies.

As for other trophies that you may have in your list and that are not synched, the only advice that I can give is the one that I quote as follows:

"Throwback: If you don’t sync your list often you might end up losing more trophies than only those that popped due to the hacker, because PSN servers keep record of your SYNCHRONIZED DATA.
Solution: Sync your legitimately earned trophies often!!"

I know that this is not THE BEST, but so far is the best that I can think of.

Yeah, I'm thinking something like a hacked XP level would probably be saved and you couldn't avoid auto-popping no matter what you delete. You're right that it's still best to do what you suggest, I'm more just commenting on how unfortunate a situation like that would be. Yes, you did say you might lose your unsynced trophies, I was just adding that it could be even worse in that you might also lose your save file (which could be 100s of hours) if it auto-pops the trophies you lost. Of course, regular syncing is the solution.

15 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Of course this is not a perfect solution! I'm sorry if I made it sound that way. And most important, I don't say that it's the player's fault, I just say that there is at least a chance for they to undo the hacking. I only intend to create awareness on this topic, since the rules in this site won't allow a hacked list if the reason for it is "a hacker did it."

I do appreciate your contribution, you made me re-think on some of the aspects of the thread. I'll try to improve it in any way possible :)

Oh, that last part wasn't directed to you, sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you or your post. Ok, maybe your wording could have been a bit better when you said that having your trophies hacked "is not an excuse". I think it is a perfectly valid excuse for the situation they find themselves in, just not one accepted by this site. But apart from that I didn't see your post as blaming anyone. I was just making a statement to the people who think it is the perfect solution, and go around blaming people for not following it. I've seen it happen in the dispute threads often enough.

Like I said, your post is a good contribution to the site and I hope it helps people who find themselves in this situation.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2017 at 0:35 AM, Valyrious said:

Judging by the games list, this is a PS3 issue? Any known instances of this happening on PS4?

Shouldn't be any chances, besides someone using modded gamesaves. Autopop lobbies don't exist, since a 'jailbroken' PS4 can't even go online. 

2 hours ago, mekktor said:

Was this for a game on PS3? If it was, that's odd to me but it's entirely possible I just haven't noticed it syncing on it's own. If it wasn't PS3 then yeah I have no idea whether it auto-syncs or not (it probably does on PS4 with the social networking push they were doing), but I did assume we were talking mostly about PS3 here. Either way, what you suggest is certainly the safest approach, I just feel like if it meant you might lose a copy-protected save or something then maybe you don't need to be quite that cautious.

Well yes, this auto-sync I refer to is from PS3. But I think that this has happened to me on games that require online. A recent example was my auto-synched trophies for InFamous Festival of Blood. My phone app notified me almost as soon as I went online in the game (I did the online trophies first, without connecting to the server, then I went online and the trophies auto-synched)

(which could be 100s of hours)

Losing saves sucks. Due to a slip of my fingers I lost my MGS Ground Zeroes save file when doing this. It was not a copyright protected save file, but in the rush I forgot to make a backup of it. :facepalm:

Oh, that last part wasn't directed to you, sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you or your post. Ok, maybe your wording could have been a bit better when you said that having your trophies hacked "is not an excuse". I think it is a perfectly valid excuse for the situation they find themselves in, just not one accepted by this site. But apart from that I didn't see your post as blaming anyone. I was just making a statement to the people who think it is the perfect solution, and go around blaming people for not following it. I've seen it happen in the dispute threads often enough.

Like I said, your post is a good contribution to the site and I hope it helps people who find themselves in this situation.

You are right, I could have chosen other words. Anyways, I do, as you say, refer to that as being part of the site's rules, and nothing else. Maybe my sentence was more of an attention grabber than any other thing :giggle: And by no means do I say that people should be blamed for not using this workaround. My thread is not an excuse for someone blaming or attacking people on the dispute threads. Thanks for understanding that :) I too hope this helps people who make good use of the site ;)

2 hours ago, darkevilsasuke18 said:

This why I only play single player games so this can't happen to me

Nice approach :P Thanks for stopping by! ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mekktor said:

As far as my personal experience goes, I have never been aware of my PS3 auto syncing any trophies. Perhaps people have the auto update set up and don't realise this performs a sync? I'm not sure if have to look into that more. What i DO know is that certain games when you load them will perform a sync as part of their loading ritual. I know if one that definitely does that but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. It'll come to me eventually lol 

• Like 1

since my man mekk raised doubt in here I thought it would be worth testing this out...took me a couple days to set up but here's what I did:

I created an alt account...got 2 hacked trophies...went immediately offline...deleted user...created user...logged on...synced trophies...and guess what?...now I have an alt with "hacked" trophies...is it possible this isn't even a solution?...@OP, I followed your steps for this problem but it failed...gotta ask, did you personally test it out?...could anyone that has had success with this share whether or not they had to do things differently?...possible it doesn't work for some games?...

Edit: i thought I should add they were the hacked lobby type...and also, in the steps above, after going offline I deleted the save data...

Edited by ProfBambam55
Added edit...

4 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

since my man mekk raised doubt in here I thought it would be worth testing this out...took me a couple days to set up but here's what I did:

I created an alt account...got 2 hacked trophies...went immediately offline...deleted user...created user...logged on...synced trophies...and guess what?...now I have an alt with "hacked" trophies...is it possible this isn't even a solution?...@OP, I followed your steps for this problem but it failed...gotta ask, did you personally test it out?...could anyone that has had success with this share whether or not they had to do things differently?...possible it doesn't work for some games?...

Edit: i thought I should add they were the hacked lobby type...and also, in the steps above, after going offline I deleted the save data...

Well, I have done something similar before and it worked fine. I earned trophies in a game and then decided I didn't want it on my list so I deleted my profile and it's never reappeared. So what is different here? The fact that the trophies are hacked? Without knowing exactly how they unlock, I guess that could make a difference.

So it seems to me either your trophies synced before you went offline, they didn't disappear when you deleted the user, or they were unlocked again after you deleted it. I would suggest after going offline to check on PSNP to see if they somehow synced. If not, then upon creating the new user and logging in, I would check in offline mode if the trophies are still there. If they still don't show up, then what exactly are these hacked trophies? Have they put some ongoing command into your system like /unlock trophies PSNID: PBB55alt or just straight up added them to your PSN? I have no idea.

No idea...were the trophies you erased earned online or offline?...when I recreated user, my trophies were blank...when I synced, the list reappeared...I followed the steps exactly as laid out in first post; I reread them multiple times...also thought it would be worth mentioning I don't have mods or any kind of tool like this... I created the alt yesterday and don't have a profile here so didn't check my stats on the site at any time...and I actually deleted all of the save files...game data utility and saved game data...f**ked up the data on all my users...worth mentioning not deleting game data utility perhaps?...it has all the patches, installation data, and stuff across all users perhaps?...

Edit: if you want to get into specifics about game, trophies, method, pm me if you like...

Edited by ProfBambam55
Added edit...

3 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

when I recreated user, my trophies were blank...when I synced, the list reappeared

Seems like they got synced somehow before you went offline and deleted affected user. That’s why those synced trophies later re-downloaded from PSN to PS3, I think.

If you’d like to run a new test, might be worth checking hacked trophies here https://www.playstation.com/en-us/my/public-trophies/ after going offline. Just make sure alt user trophies are public beforehand.

Edited by Se7en

OK, just to add a few details based on replies...I'm sure alt user's trophies were public because I had to go and make them private after...I don't want a hacked profile on my console or on psn...I went offline a half second after the trophies dinged before even quitting the game and I'm 100% certain I wasn't online again until I synced at the final step....upon deleting user I did get a message stating data such as trophies and a few other things (sorry, can't remember) would be removed that I had to confirm...the user also does not have psplus and the main account on the console has auto update disabled...how they got synced to server, I have no idea...I feel I should ask again, has anyone successfully removed hacked trophies from their list with the method suggested in this thread?...before I create yet another potential hacked profile I would appreciate a little more input aside from checking online to see if the trophies appear on a stat tracking website since it's not mentioned in the solution...not trying to cause $hit here I just think the info should be credible and tested before assuming it's a solution, at least for the game in question...

5 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

OK, just to add a few details based on replies...I'm sure alt user's trophies were public because I had to go and make them private after...I don't want a hacked profile on my console or on psn...I went offline a half second after the trophies dinged before even quitting the game and I'm 100% certain I wasn't online again until I synced at the final step....upon deleting user I did get a message stating data such as trophies and a few other things (sorry, can't remember) would be removed that I had to confirm...the user also does not have psplus and the main account on the console has auto update disabled...how they got synced to server, I have no idea...I feel I should ask again, has anyone successfully removed hacked trophies from their list with the method suggested in this thread?...before I create yet another potential hacked profile I would appreciate a little more input aside from checking online to see if the trophies appear on a stat tracking website since it's not mentioned in the solution...not trying to cause $hit here I just think the info should be credible and tested before assuming it's a solution, at least for the game in question...

When I deleted my user profile, the trophies I had earned were just normal intro offline trophies. I even left the PS3 for days without syncing.

I'm trying to think about this, but really, without knowing how the hacked trophies work, it's all just speculation. Do the hackers modify your save file? The game data? Your system files?

The suggestion to see if your trophies had synced before you deleted you user profile was just to eliminate that possibility, to better understand what is happening. To know at which point they are being added to your PSN. If they are being added/synced after you've recreated your user, then the instructions in this thread might just need to be changed to say to format your PS3 instead of just deleting the user.

Thanks mekk...I'll let this simmer for a bit to see if any new details come up then run a test next week on yet another alt which I'll record...hopefully I've just messed up one of the steps or something...not excited by the prospect of having two hacked alts...haha...

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

Sorry that I'm not answering this as I should be, I had too much work both yesterday and today. Tomorrow I will try to explain several reasons that might be the cause of your failed test.

Please answer me an importat question, that isn't clear for me im your post. Once you re-created the account, did the trophies "pop up" on screen, or did they simply appear on your list after synching?

No worries fox, completely understand a busy life taking priority...appreciate theni reply...to answer, trophies did not ding on screen after deleting and only appeared upon syncing...also, the user had 0 trophies before starting this process if that helps at all...furthermore, the player who "helped" with the test did not auto-pop trophies for me or have access to my account or console at all...just had mods that allowed an in-game exploit...it's one of the games in the original post...

Edit: just a quick question, do you think it would be worthwhile to add the test user as a friend on my other consoles (I have a 2nd ps3 and a ps4) and check their trophies during the process?...would this have the same effect as checking a stat tracking site?...

Edited by ProfBambam55
Added edit...

4 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

Edit: just a quick question, do you think it would be worthwhile to add the test user as a friend on my other consoles (I have a 2nd ps3 and a ps4) and check their trophies during the process?...would this have the same effect as checking a stat tracking site?...

Yeah, that would do the job. What's relevant is whether the trophies are restricted to the local profile or have been synced and visible elsewhere, and at which point that changes. Although it's really no different than checking on the website posted above by Se7en. I don't see that so much as a stat tracking website, it's just another Playstation platform to view your trophies.

• Like 1

On Tuesday, April 04, 2017 at 9:56 PM, Gray-Fox-44 said:

I thought that it could be a good idea to make a post where people learn about this, simply because we got this new “dispute your flagged games” feature and I’ve seen many people claiming that “I was playing an online match and a hacker in the lobby made my trophies pop, it’s not my fault, please remove my flag.” Now… I DO BELIEVE that it’s not your fault, but the site’s rules are clear, and there is no way to prove that you didn´t do it on purpose. Therefore, “there was a hacker” IS NOT an excuse. Piece of advice: If you see the trophies popping up on screen, then you are at least aware of the situation, so set the trophy’s notifications TO SHOW UP ON SCREEN.

Let’s begin… If this ever happens to you, DO NOT SYNC YOUR TROPHIES. Why? Because once your trophy list is synchronized you won’t be able to delete the trophies from the PSN server.

Ok now, what do I do then if a filthy hacker pops my trophies against my will? Well, the best thing to do is ending the match as soon as possible and going offline. Then MAKE A BACKUP of your SAVE FILES using a USB Storage Devise (Pendrive, external HHD, whatever). Why? Because deleting your account also deletes your save files.

Then you should DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT. Why? It’s actually simple. Your PS3/PS4 keeps an internal record of your trophies and if you delete your account, those illegitimately earned trophies will disappear in thin air :D

Afterwards you’ll want to create your account once again (with your username, email, password, etc.) and sync your trophies. Why? Because the PSN server keeps a record of each one of your synchronized trophies. Therefore, your list will be back to the way it was THE LAST TIME YOU SYNCHRONIZED IT.

Now an easy step-by-step:

1. Trophies start popping on the screen. You are playing an online match and a hacker tries to ruin your gaming life… (Remember to have your trophy’s notifications set to SHOW UP ON SCREEN or else you won’t notice!)

2. End the match and go offline. What the heck, don’t even take the trouble of ending the match, just hurry up and go offline! :giggle:

3. Make a backup of your SAVE FILES using a USB Pendrive.

4. Delete your account:

On a PS3: Go to the far left on the XMB -> Highlight your hacked account’s username -> Press triangle -> Delete -> Confirm -> Done!

On a PS4: Settings -> Initialization -> Delete user -> Select your hacked account’s username -> Confirm -> Done!

5. Create your account again, using your ID, username, password, etc.

6. Log in to PlayStation Network.

7. Sync your trophies.

8. ENJOY YOUR CLEANSED TROPHY LIST B)

Throwback: If you don’t sync your list often you might end up losing more trophies than only those that popped due to the hacker, because PSN servers keep record of your SYNCHRONIZED DATA.
Solution: Sync your legitimately earned trophies often!!

I hope this helps all those honest players that care about their gaming and don’t want a stained profile on their backs! :wave:

Side note: Using PS+ online storage cloud might result in an accidental sync of your trophies, so don't risk it and use a USB device! Thanks to @mking_63 for pointing this out and to @Saionji for providing an answer to it.

List of games with known hacked lobbies that make trophies pop:

- Call of Duty (mainly Black Ops 2 and Wold at War)

- Red Dead Redemption

- Warhawk

- Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA)

- Little Big Planet 2 (apparently)

-Dark Souls - The hack in this game doesn't pop trophies per se. I works as follows: it's mainly with players dropping hacked equipment pieces (which can relate to the relevant trophies) with the 'victim' per se picking them up without knowing (Thanks to @wackt1 for sharing this info)

Any confirmation on whether this list of games is correct or incorrect is welcomed. I'm not a frequent online player and I'm having a hard time finding info about this on the internet, but so far this is the list. The Flagged Games Dispute threads was mainly my source for this. If you know of any other games with trophies popping due to online hackers please leave a comment and those games will be added to the list. I'm sure that many honest players here will appreciate it. :) 

Good post, but you shouldn't refer to it as an account. It's a user, especially on ps3. Just saying, someone may actually follow the words quite litteraly when you say "DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT" when in fact it's the "USER PROFILE" and not your "PSN ACCOUNT".

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I went offline a half second after the trophies dinged before even quitting the game and I'm 100% certain I wasn't online again until I synced at the final step

Would you mind to clarify a couple of things. Firstly, how exactly did you go offline during the test? Did you pull network cable out of you PS3, switch off your router or something like that, or just turn off internet connection in PS3 network settings? And secondly, what was this alt user trophy collection settings while testing (online/offline)?

Edited by Se7en
typo
  • Like 1

To sign out, I brought up xmb, psn,  hit triangle on account management, chose sign out option...your second question is a little confusing but if I understood it correctly then it was like this: i went online, signing in with the reverse process of above (xmb, psn, account management, sign in), before I loaded up the game and trophies were not private but I did not check my trophy list, went about earning the two trophies that can be hacked and only those two...a second after the 2nd trophy came up on screen I signed out as described above and did not sign in again till the final step...auto-sign in was disabled and was not visibly connected to psn...I use lan for Internet...the cable was connected the whole time and I have never touched my router...

Edited by ProfBambam55

haha...$hit, my memory is so bad...wake up this morning and starting to doubt that i did everything right due to all the questions...i know i had the first post page open on my phone and was checking what to do multiple times before each step...it's like "what did you have for dinner last night, bam?"...'pizza'..."are you sure it was pizza"...'f**k, maybe not...why'd you have to ask that?'...*checks receipt for pizza on table, was in fact ordered last night*...'well, i have a receipt here from last night but can't really remember'...sorry, i'm bad like this...i think i'll need to do this test again but record it...if there are any modifications to be made to the steps other than checking to see if trophies appear on a website that tracks trophies/other psn account please let me know...if it helps the community to have credible info i'm all for it but i'd like to keep the amount of hacked trophy accounts i create to a minimum...if i had a vid then i wouldn't have to second guess myself...

funny off topic side note...i like travelling...my wife and i used to take trips abroad for several weeks every year...almost every time i would get off my final flight home and ask my wife "i know we had fun, but wtf did we do?"...thank god for pictures...

Edited by ProfBambam55
typos...

19 hours ago, woolva said:

Good post, but you shouldn't refer to it as an account. It's a user, especially on ps3. Just saying, someone may actually follow the words quite litteraly when you say "DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT" when in fact it's the "USER PROFILE" and not your "PSN ACCOUNT".

You have a good point there :facepalm: I've modified the OP accordingly ;) Thanks for pointing that out!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

If there are any modifications to be made to the steps other than checking to see if trophies appear on a website that tracks trophies/other psn account please let me know...if it helps the community to have credible info i'm all for it but i'd like to keep the amount of hacked trophy accounts i create to a minimum...if i had a vid then i wouldn't have to second guess myself...

If you decide to run a test again, I think that checking your profile in a trophy-tracking site after going offline in your console is a must. That way you can make sure that the trophies are not in the PSN server. 
I recommed this enhanced step-by-step:

1. Trophies start popping on the screen.

2. Go offline AND disconnect your console from Internet (to avoid the possibility of having info coming and going from your console)

3. Make a backup of your SAVE FILES using a USB Pendrive. (THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT)

3.a - Wait 5 minutes and check your trophies in any site, for example, PSNProfiles or a cellphone app. If the site doesn't show those hacked trophies proceed to step 4. If it shows the trophies, then they were somehow auto-synched and I'll need to find a better workaround to deal with that...

4. Delete your user profile:

On a PS3: Go to the far left on the XMB -> Highlight your hacked account’s username -> Press triangle -> Delete -> Confirm -> Done!

On a PS4: Settings -> Initialization -> Delete user -> Select your hacked account’s username -> Confirm -> Done!

5. Create your account again, using your ID, username, password, etc.

6. Log in to PlayStation Network.

7. Sync your trophies.

7.a - If the trophies are not in your list, load the game using the SAVEFILE THAT YOU WERE USING WHEN THE HACKED TROPHIES POPPED (That way we can check if SAVEFILES make old trophies pop ;))

8. Share your experience with the community! :giggle:

I would like to run this test myself but I don't know any hackers nor do I know how to hack trophies myself, so for me the only possible checking is related to "legitimately" earned trophies, whether online or offline, and I have already tested those and the method works. That is to say, the only doubt right now is whether the hacked trophies auto-sync or not, and if the in-game server or savefile maintains the data related to trophies to make them auto-pop.

Edited by Gray-Fox-44
  • Like 1