Favorite Martial Artist Actor(s)

marvelboy10

Favorite Martial Artist actor(s)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Martial Artist Actor(s)?

• Chuck Norris
    • Jackie Chan
    • Bruce Lee
    • Scott Adkins
    • Jet Li
    • Donnie Yen
    • Steven Seagal
    • Wesley Snipes
    • Tony Jaa
    • Jean-Claude Van Damme
    • Michael Jai White
    • None of the above

My favorite is a tie between Scott Adkins, Bruce Lee, Tony Jaa, and Donnie Yen. I love the other martial artists and their fighting style. But I prefer the three that I chose. My favorite Scott Adkins film is the Undisputed series. Really great film series highly recommend seeing them. Scott Adkins is no joke. Russian accent+ insane Martial arts skills= no laughing matter. My favorite Tony Jaa film is the Protector. That bone breaking scene was brutal.  My favorite Bruce Lee film is  Way Of The Dragon where he battled and defeated the toughest person ever born on this planet, Chuck Norris. Not many can say that they have crossed paths with Chuck Norris and lived but Bruce Lee was one of those fortunate souls and he over came a tremendous obstacle that was believed to be unbeatable. :D And lastly, my favorite Donnie yen films are...... IP man 1-3 and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story:D Let's face it, when he portrayed IP man we knew that he was going to kick some serious (you know what). Nothing can beat Wing Chun, not even boxing. And when he portrayed the blind warrior "Chirrut" we knew that he was going to kick some intergalactic Imperial ( you know what) :D. So I pose the question. Who is your favorite Martial Artist actor(s)? If you have a tie between any of them or if you choose neither then please tell us  who you prefer in a post. Thank you for your cooperation and have a Great day. :)

Edited by marvelboy10

Just now, colinmazzini said:

That is a tough one. I grew up on Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee. More modern would have to be between Donnie Yen and Tony Jaa. However, I have to disagree with you about Donnie Yen in Rogue One, I thought his tiny role and little fighting was really disappointing.

True but being that Rogue One was just a one time thing then that gets a pass. One of the many reasons why I chose Rogue One was because I love Star Wars and when you put one of my favorite Martial Artists in their well you got my vote. :lol: And I like the fact that Donnie Yen actually fought blind because that was how he wanted it to be. And for that he gets high respect from me. :)

Jet Li. It will always be Jet Li. His Chinese National Wushu Championship win streak inspired me to follow my love for Kung Fu through most of its grading system and all the way to the Yantai mountains Kung Fu academy in China. His moves are lightning fast and he has great teeth! :yay:

And if proof of his awesome skill is required, in the movie 'The One' (2001) he visits 126 alternate realities and no finds no fighter that can defeat him except himself. And that movie was blatantly a documentary! :eyebrow:

Bruce Lee. Everybody else is...pretty fake. Donnie Yen actually did study and train in a lot of Wing Chun for his films, but still nothing like Bruce Lee.

Lee study Wing Chun when he was 16 years old under Yip Man (the real "IP MAN") in 1957.

One martial art dude I dont see on the list, though most wouldn't really know him since I dont think he does any thing that was really brought over to the western world. his name is Wu Jing. His style though is similar to Wing Chun and Tai Chi.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

• 1 month later...