[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

My update so far: I have got my plat for tales of borderlands 

Have reinstalled FF15 so going to get the story completed then work on the 2nd plat for the month :)

Played a little bit of killing room 2 last night, wasn't as bad as I thought but was going to be :D

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MortalRikku said:

My update so far: I have got my plat for tales of borderlands 

Have reinstalled FF15 so going to get the story completed then work on the 2nd plat for the month :)

Played a little bit of killing room 2 last night, wasn't as bad as I thought but was going to be :D

Congrats on getting your first platinum for June!^_^? I've updated your stats! Did you enjoy playing Tales of the Borderlands? I've just finished it the other day too and I think it's now my favourite TellTale game! :P 

I'm installing FF15 today so I can play it when I've finished A Kings Tale: Final Fantasy XV today! I can't wait to crack open that guide I've got haha :D Good Luck! :P 

Thats good to hear that your enjoying Killing Floor 2! :D 

My update:

I platinumed Tale from the Borderlands which I must say is now my favourite TellTale game! :D It was fantastic to play and it had me gripped all the way through playing it. I will also be finishing A Kings Tale: Final Fantasy XV either today or tomorrow which will be my first hardcore requirement done and also my first Final Fantasy game that I've played. :D 

• Like 1

Lbff0b3.png

Ugh, I am so very annoyed by this game! I like platformers, and this one seems to know how to do everything wrong. Don't feel like doing a list again as its pretty much the same rant as before. I don't even know if I want to finish the game at this point, let alone continue for the platinum.

Luckily, there's another game in a big franchise I just went back to...

Ldf02fe.png

Played through this in 2015, never went for the completion (I had already 100%ed it on X360). thanks to the whole "Ezio games now without MP" thing that I've talked about more than enough before, this became a game I would eventually go back to.

Not managing to get myself to actually start Invizimals again, I looked around on my PS3 games list and in the end I decided to start Liberation again. I was on 17/31 trophies, yesterday I played for a bit and obtained one trophy (buying all watches) and today I played for a couple of hours and got everything else except for three final trophies - getting 100% in all main story missions (most of which I already managed to do on my first playthrough in 2015), getting 25 kills with the parasol gun (just a small grind and I doubt I have many left to go), and berserking an enemy which then has to kill 5 other enemies himself (partially luck-based, got close a few times already).

I'm willing to bet I'll have this platinum before the weekend is over, counting for the main game here as well as the hardcore requirement and as a game that counts for a different event (I started it over a year ago so it counts for my own backlog event).

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

@BillyHorrible, your chipping away at that backlog nicely :) Sounds like your pretty close to getting the platinum for Assassins Creed then so good luck with finishing it. Are you planning to do all of the Assassins Creed games?

... Guess I have not talked about it enough then :)

6 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

thanks to the whole "Ezio games now without MP" thing that I've talked about more than enough before,

What I meant here was the following:

I really love the Assassin's Creed series, flaws and all. Due to the games getting multiplayer since Brotherhood, I never got any main game fully completed after II until Syndicate came around (and I decided to plow through Unity last year).

Then, the announcement came that the Ezio trilogy for PS4 would drop multiplayer. Suddenly, if I could just force myself through the "online" of III and IV (mostly only wolf pack, which can be done solo), I could try getting the platinum in every main AC game...

So yeah, the platinums of all AC games are in the pipeline for me. Last year I already did the MP in III and last March I did the MP in Black Flag so it's only the solo stuff for me now. Liberation, III, Rogue, Brotherhood and Revelations to go!

Check the bottom part of the OP in my backlog for my AC progress:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/38230-billyhorribles-backlog-bit/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

... Guess I have not talked about it enough then :)

What I meant here was the following:

I really love the Assassin's Creed series, flaws and all. Due to the games getting multiplayer since Brotherhood, I never got any main game fully completed after II until Syndicate came around (and I decided to plow through Unity last year).

Then, the announcement came that the Ezio trilogy for PS4 would drop multiplayer. Suddenly, if I could just force myself through the "online" of III and IV (mostly only wolf pack, which can be done solo), I could try getting the platinum in every main AC game...

So yeah, the platinums of all AC games are in the pipeline for me. Last year I already did the MP in III and last March I did the MP in Black Flag so it's only the solo stuff for me now. Liberation, III, Rogue, Brotherhood and Revelations to go!

Check the bottom part of the OP in my backlog for my AC progress:

Sorry about that, I do read everyone's responses but I'm always doing three things at once so sometimes I forget things that have been said haha :) 

Whoop! So you've not got many games to go then until you have them all platinumed! :). I'll look forward to hearing/reading about it in this event then! :) 

15 minutes ago, MortalRikku said:

@RizzleAbbey12 I really enjoyed it! I liked it as much as the wolf amoung is, they are my top 2 faves ^_^ 

Good luck with FF15, it will be funny if we both plat that too this month haha! 

Haha yeah that would be quite funny if we managed to do that! :P 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Sorry about that, I do read everyone's responses but I'm always doing three things at once so sometimes I forget things that have been said haha :) 

Whoop! So you've not got many games to go then until you have them all platinumed! :). I'll look forward to hearing/reading about it in this event then! :) 

Don't know if I actually ever talked much about it in here, more on the site as a whole.

I hope it will be fun to play, fun to write about and fun to read about!

• Like 1

Quick update from me:

I'm playing Tales from the Borderlands at the moment. I finished three episodes so far with one per day. Should be done on saturday or sunday depending on my time on saturday.

I already completed it on the 360 but I want to play every TellTale game on PS4.

Besides that I'm playing GTA Vice City. There I need to do all the asset missions to unlock the final story mission. The most annoying part is the Godfather trophy, which could take a few hours to get. In GTA 3 I got the criminal rating legit, without using cheats. I just shot helicopter after helicopter. In this game I'm probably gona us cheats to get to the rating.

I might start Walking Dead Season 3 this month as well.

• Like 1

Ldf02fe.png

Well, I got the platinum :D

Don't think I need to say much as I talked about the why just a few hours earlier. Luckily this turned out to be much less of a grind than I thought before continuing on the final half of the trophy list.

@RizzleAbbey12

You can use this (platinum) trophy icon for me for this month. Also, as said, one star for hardcore and one for different event, please.

1S776759.png

Also, +1 on the platinums during this event. Current completion percentage: 51,60% (so +0,92%).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

@RizzleAbbey12 I really enjoyed it! I liked it as much as the wolf amoung is, they are my top 2 faves ^_^ 

Good luck with FF15, it will be funny if we both plat that too this month haha! 

I'm about 15 hours into FFXV as well, though not sure if I'll Plat it. I honestly don't like it as much as I thought I would. Just too many damn side quests, and I feel like it totally disrupts the "urgency" of the main story. Plus all the GD driving is boring af going to a new area. 

It's not bad by any means, but I much prefer my RPGs to have a set story line early on and then open up side stuff when you get far enough in. 

Also, got the platinum for Super Meat Boy which doesn't count here, but still deserves recognition. :D

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Has everyone voted yet? Really don't have a Future game to play. I mean I have SAO, but don't think I'll be able to finish that in a month. I do have Lost Song though. Was hoping to play that once I finish Hollow Fragment.

I haven't voted yet because I didn't really care which we landed on at that time.

Let's see, on my backlog:

Some games I don't know where I should place (Anna, Lone Survivor, Invizimals) and some games I won't place because they're set in worlds different from our own (Witcher 3, Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime) but here's what I could play...

Games set in the past:

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter ("A long time ago" in a galaxy far far away, bitches), White Night, Apotheon, Tropico 5, Angry Birds Star Wars, Disney Infinity (courtesy of Pirates), Life Goes On: Done To Death, Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood, Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger, God Of War: Ascension, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, THIEF, Dishonored, Enslaved, LEGO Star Wars 3

Games set in the present:

Watch_Dogs, Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell (technically as all of the SR games are set in kind of the present, I think), Tropico 5 (final era is "Modern Times"), Disney Infinity (courtesy of Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Cars, Toy Story), Infamous 1&2, Tomb Raider Underworld, GRID Autosport, Mad Riders, Prototype 1&2

Games set in the future:

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate, Rebel Galaxy (I'm guessing), Crysis, Tokyo Jungle, Alien Rage, Duke Nukem 3D, Earth Defence Force 2025 (natch), I Am Alive, Fallout 3

I also have four Assassin's Creed games yet to platinum which could count for the past or present theme.

Well @Edunstar84, looks like you're getting a non-future vote from me... I'm less interested in the games I listed for future and none of those are games I'm looking to 100% complete. I'll be going with a vote for past.

Edit: uhm, @RizzleAbbey12, @SyIaris, so what exactly are you going to do with votes from members who aren't in the event? Can they vote as well, or will you only be counting votes from people who are active in the event?

Edited by BillyHorrible
there's no such thing as "futur"
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I'm about 15 hours into FFXV as well, though not sure if I'll Plat it. I honestly don't like it as much as I thought I would. Just too many damn side quests, and I feel like it totally disrupts the "urgency" of the main story. Plus all the GD driving is boring af going to a new area. 

It's not bad by any means, but I much prefer my RPGs to have a set story line early on and then open up side stuff when you get far enough in. 

Also, got the platinum for Super Meat Boy which doesn't count here, but still deserves recognition. :D

I totally know where you are coming from. That's one of the reasons I stopped playing it. I felt like the side quests were an overload and I couldn't just enjoy the main game. 

Going ti to take a step back from them and crack on the the main story and then do all the side stuff. 

Hopefully get the plat ^_^ 

Congrats on getting the plat on super meat boy! That must have been a tough one!! :D 

Edited by MortalRikku
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Quick update from me:

I'm playing Tales from the Borderlands at the moment. I finished three episodes so far with one per day. Should be done on saturday or sunday depending on my time on saturday.

I already completed it on the 360 but I want to play every TellTale game on PS4.

Besides that I'm playing GTA Vice City. There I need to do all the asset missions to unlock the final story mission. The most annoying part is the Godfather trophy, which could take a few hours to get. In GTA 3 I got the criminal rating legit, without using cheats. I just shot helicopter after helicopter. In this game I'm probably gona us cheats to get to the rating.

I might start Walking Dead Season 3 this month as well.

Thanks for the update! :) Are you enjoying Tales from the Borderlands so far? 

How is GTA Vice City? I've been considering getting it for a while and the 80's setting/theme is a massive bonus for me! :D 

13 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Ldf02fe.png

Well, I got the platinum :D

Don't think I need to say much as I talked about the why just a few hours earlier. Luckily this turned out to be much less of a grind than I thought before continuing on the final half of the trophy list.

@RizzleAbbey12

You can use this (platinum) trophy icon for me for this month. Also, as said, one star for hardcore and one for different event, please.

1S776759.png

Also, +1 on the platinums during this event. Current completion percentage: 51,60% (so +0,92%).

Congrats on your platinum for June! :D I've updated your stats and added the trophy icon you wanted! Any plans on what your going to play next?

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Edit: uhm, @RizzleAbbey12, @SyIaris, so what exactly are you going to do with votes from members who aren't in the event? Can they vote as well, or will you only be counting votes from people who are active in the event?

Well the votes seem to have been counted back in the other thread so I believe they are here too, although I'd have to see if @SyIaris agrees to. I think they can vote in the poll as because if a theme is voted for that they like, then they might join the event. Plus, the polls for this month only have two people that have voted, that aren't in the event. The leading theme is leading due to a lot of the participants in this thread voting for it.

12 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Congrats on the platinum for Super Meat Boy! :D That's definitely a proud and well deserved platinum to have in your collection!

Edited by RizzleAbbey12

17 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Congrats on your platinum for June! :D I've updated your stats and added the trophy icon you wanted! Any plans on what your going to play next?

Well my efforts for the Summer Backlog challenge/event seem to be for naught, with the two games I was actually looking forward to doing being either pretty tough or a complete disappointment.

I am in doubt about whether or not I should just continue on the AC series, get them out of the way before Origins releases (new AC title was leaked today, got me really excited (naturally) so I'm now thinking about doing more AC gaming). I also still have the final DLC for The Witcher III to go through.

17 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Well the votes seem to have been counted back in the other thread so I believe they are here too, although I'd have to see if @SyIaris agrees to. I think they can vote in the poll as because if a theme is voted for that they like, then they might join the event. Plus, the polls for this month only have two people that have voted, that aren't in the event. The leading theme is leading due to a lot of the participants in this thread voting for it.

I thought I counted three but yeah two of those actually voted for the theme I voted for, I know that I'm not helping my own preferred theme, I just wanted to ask if you thought about it.

And letting people vote because they might want to join if a certain theme gets chosen seems very logical, hadn't thought about that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well my efforts for the Summer Backlog challenge/event seem to be for naught, with the two games I was actually looking forward to doing being either pretty tough or a complete disappointment.

I am in doubt about whether or not I should just continue on the AC series, get them out of the way before Origins releases (new AC title was leaked today, got me really excited (naturally) so I'm now thinking about doing more AC gaming). I also still have the final DLC for The Witcher III to go through.

You should totally continue on the AC series! :) It would be a good clear out for your backlog and you would have loads of platinums and stars on here! :P 

New AC?! YES! :D I really need to play Syndicate now haha.

5 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I thought I counted three but yeah two of those actually voted for the theme I voted for, I know that I'm not helping my own preferred theme, I just wanted to ask if you thought about it.

And letting people vote because they might want to join if a certain theme gets chosen seems very logical, hadn't thought about that.

Oh right, that's my counting for you haha. Yeah it had crossed my mind in the other thread when the random polls would be up, but it never seemed to impact the votes much.

The more people join the better! :D But yeah, I see people keeping an eye on the thread every so often so I'm just ready and waiting to welcome people when they join! :) 

A Little Update From Me:

L5ed323.png

I finished A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV yesterday so that's another 100% completed game for me! It is also my first hardcore requirement met because as you all know, Final Fantasy literally has loads of games in it's series :P It is also my first Final Fantasy game that I've played and I loved playing it so much! I think this may be the start of a new gaming series for me and I've already got Final Fantasy XV loaded in my PS4 and my strategy guide ready to go! :D 

26 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

You should totally continue on the AC series! :) It would be a good clear out for your backlog and you would have loads of platinums and stars on here! :P 

New AC?! YES! :D I really need to play Syndicate now haha.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/49306-assassins-creed-origins-leaked/

We already knew a new AC game would release this year as per the official Ubisoft statement from a week or two ago, but the title is new and we never actually knew about Egypt except for a couple of leaked screenshots.

I doubt I can get all four this month though, and they would not work for the future theme, unless you count "near future" as near future when the games were made, because Brotherhood and Revelations were released in 2010/2011 yet their "present day" portions actually take place in 2012 (true story, the whole Desmond timeline is in 2012 and from AC III onwards the present day timeline is actually the 'present' when the games are released).

And I'm not actually clearing out my backlog with the AC games as I've played through them all already, I've just not obtained the platinum in all of the games - it's doing nothing for my regular backlog list. I do want to complete the Assassin's Creed games, though...

Also all this talk about Assassin's Creed today really makes me want to watch the movie again. Went to the cinema right away to watch it in IMAX, I was hoping before seeing it that it wouldn't be complete crap and I got more out of it than I thought; loved it from beginning to end! Bought the blu-ray at full price this week (got a gift card from work for my birthday and I really want this movie to make more money so we'll get loads of sequels), it arrived yesterday so I should be able to watch it tonight or this weekend.

26 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

A Little Update From Me:

L5ed323.png

I finished A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV yesterday so that's another 100% completed game for me! It is also my first hardcore requirement met because as you all know, Final Fantasy literally has loads of games in it's series :P It is also my first Final Fantasy game that I've played and I loved playing it so much! I think this may be the start of a new gaming series for me and I've already got Final Fantasy XV loaded in my PS4 and my strategy guide ready to go! :D 

Are you sure Final Fantasy has enough games? Sure, it's called "XV" but I've been recently told that "Mega Man X" was actually not the tenth Mega Man game. xD

9 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Also all this talk about Assassin's Creed today really makes me want to watch the movie again. Went to the cinema right away to watch it in IMAX, I was hoping before seeing it that it wouldn't be complete crap and I got more out of it than I thought; loved it from beginning to end! Bought the blu-ray at full price this week (got a gift card from work for my birthday and I really want this movie to make more money so we'll get loads of sequels), it arrived yesterday so I should be able to watch it tonight or this weekend.

I've got the Assassin's Creed movie on my Amazon Video app so it's waiting for me to watch it which I am going to do this weekend! :P I'm super excited to watch it as I love the games so I'm expecting big things from it! :) 

12 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Are you sure Final Fantasy has enough games? Sure, it's called "XV" but I've been recently told that "Mega Man X" was actually not the tenth Mega Man game. xD

Haha yeah I'm sure it has enough games and it could possibly be to many for me to catch up on, but I shall try! :P 

1 minute ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I've got the Assassin's Creed movie on my Amazon Video app so it's waiting for me to watch it which I am going to do this weekend! :P I'm super excited to watch it as I love the games so I'm expecting big things from it! :) 

No, don't do that! Expect a disaster of a movie, then you'll be pleasantly surprised!

It does seem that people into the games are the ones really liking the movie, even though the movie does a very good job of explaining the core parts of the lore.

I went with three others, one like me who played every single main AC game (also counting Rogue), and two others wo played a few of the games. No points for guessing which two of us thought the movie was good and which two of us thought the movie was amazing.

1 minute ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Haha yeah I'm sure it has enough games and it could possibly be to many for me to catch up on, but I shall try! :P 

GO NUTS!

I'm glad I am old enough to have started gaming when NES and DOS were a thing, I slipped into my comfort zone pretty nicely and I don't think there's any game series of which I'd say "damn, I want to play it but I'll never catch up again". It helps that once a series is popular enough te receive a couple of entries, I often give one a try (cannonballed the Mass Effect series after the third one was released, for instance, and started on the first Assassin's Creed game just after Revelations was released).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Thanks for the update! :) Are you enjoying Tales from the Borderlands so far? 

How is GTA Vice City? I've been considering getting it for a while and the 80's setting/theme is a massive bonus for me! :D

I enjoyed Tale from the Borderland the first time I played it and I enjoy it now. I even made some different decisions. It's one of my favourite TellTale games but I guess The Walking Dead is still a little in the lead.

I would count every vote. This makes it a bit more interesting in my opinion.

9 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

The more people join the better! :D But yeah, I see people keeping an eye on the thread every so often so I'm just ready and waiting to welcome people when they join! :) 

A Little Update From Me:

L5ed323.png

How is this game? This is the free game with pixel graphics, isn't it?

I still have to play Final fantasy XV but I don't know if I should play this first or after the main game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I enjoyed Tale from the Borderland the first time I played it and I enjoy it now. I even made some different decisions. It's one of my favourite TellTale games but I guess The Walking Dead is still a little in the lead.

I would count every vote. This makes it a bit more interesting in my opinion.

I'm glad to hear that your enjoying playing it! :) Yeah that's the same for me too as they now both have a special place in my game collection haha :D 

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

How is this game? This is the free game with pixel graphics, isn't it?

I still have to play Final fantasy XV but I don't know if I should play this first or after the main game.

Yeah it is the free Final Fantasy game that's got the pixel graphics and it's fantastic! I've never played a Final Fantasy game before and I was wary about playing it but this has given me the bug for them now as it was so good to play. The story it has is good, the gameplay is brilliant and the characters are good too. I would recommend playing this before Final Fantasy XV as this gives you a little insight into Noctis' dads adventures when he was younger and also it sort of ties in well with the main game too.

12 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Yeah it is the free Final Fantasy game that's got the pixel graphics and it's fantastic! I've never played a Final Fantasy game before and I was wary about playing it but this has given me the bug for them now as it was so good to play. The story it has is good, the gameplay is brilliant and the characters are good too. I would recommend playing this before Final Fantasy XV as this gives you a little insight into Noctis' dads adventures when he was younger and also it sort of ties in well with the main game too.

I loved Final Fantasy XII and can't wait for the Remaster next month. I didn't play many FF games but 12 was my favourite one. You should play this one too.

It's more or less open world with plenty to do, plus the battle system is a action based one. It's not as much action based as FF 15 but no extra battle screen like in 10. Plus you can automate nearly everything with the right Gambit settings, which is great in my opinion.

I might play A Kings Tale when I finally want to play FF 15. So much to play, so little time.

And I have a question for this months theme. If at the E3 this weekend Borderland 3 would be announced, would count Tales from the Borderlands qualify for the hardcore requirement?

With Borderland 3 it would be five games in the series.

The actual question is: Do unreleased games with an official announcement count for the hardcore requirement?

• Like 2