[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

Didn't get much done this month; percentage dropped a little since I started a game and only did the online for it.

On 6/30/2017 at 6:12 AM, JoaoQuique said:

Final June's update:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +24

100% completed: +20

Completion: +3.31%

Wanna see what KYC4 will do on my completion percentage... :awesome:

Updated you. It'll be interesting to see where everyone is at the end of July.  :lol:

11 hours ago, cerafinn said:

Finished Infamous Second Son and Dungeon Travelers 2 this month. Infamous was fun, although replaying on expert difficulty while doing the evil playthrough probably wasn't the best idea, since I kept dying. That stupid 20,000 kill trophy in Dungeon Travelers 2 took too long and I hated grinding for it. I'm going to try and clear Hitman Go for 4 games in a month and it isn't too long of a game.

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +13

100% completed: +3

Completion:  +4.63

Updated, nice progress. :yay:

Think it's usually suggested to do evil on hard mode anyway, since you don't have to worry about nuking civilians by accident.

Go for it! Think both Go games are pretty short.

3 hours ago, Official-ME- said:

STATS: (Will update this before every month)

Platinum (23)

100% (12)

Completion (87,14%)

Updated with the provided stats for June

Completed games that fit the monthly theme:

1. WipEout Omega Collection

Completed games that fit the challenge ranks:

• tFiJcto.png Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  1. WipEout Omega Collection

Well I hope I posted this in time, forgot to do it yesterday :shakefist:

You're in time, you'd still be good even if we'd gotten the update in when we should have. We try to ping anyone that hasn't submitted at least one game.  :)

Well done - how was it?

• Like 1

So it looks like you updated my stats already. Thanks.

As most of the games I have chosen for KYC this month are more future or present themed, I chose that (though I have a qualifier for past as well).

For updating my stats, could you change my silver in May for a plat?  I completed Stranger of Sword City during the fudge time on June 1st.  Also, all the episodes after the first for Kings Quest are considered DLC so I completed the challenge for all DLC.

Looking forward to the next month. Keep up the great work on the post and everybody have a good summer gaming.

12 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Updated, nice progress. :yay:

Think it's usually suggested to do evil on hard mode anyway, since you don't have to worry about nuking civilians by accident.

Go for it! Think both Go games are pretty short.

I think I just managed to get Hitman Go done before the fudge time was over, so that's four games for June.

I'm sticking with the past for my vote--I don't know if I have any games for the summer backlog event that will suit the past, but I do have the BioShock series just waiting for me to actually pick it up and play. Not so sure of any of the Tales games count, or if FFX/X-2 would work either.

As for future, it would probably be Metro 2033 and Last Light.

Edited by cerafinn

7 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Looks like it's going to be a close call again. Fortunately, I have games picked out for both Past and Future: Time and Eternity and Lightning Returns.

Yep...

Is either one of those very... past-like? I haven't played either, just see a girl with a rifle in the first and know Final Fantasy tends to be tech+magic.

We haven't nailed down how to determine hardcore yet, it's a bit of a mess. Just curious.

6 hours ago, Kevvik said:

So it looks like you updated my stats already. Thanks.

As most of the games I have chosen for KYC this month are more future or present themed, I chose that (though I have a qualifier for past as well).

For updating my stats, could you change my silver in May for a plat?  I completed Stranger of Sword City during the fudge time on June 1st.  Also, all the episodes after the first for Kings Quest are considered DLC so I completed the challenge for all DLC.

Looking forward to the next month. Keep up the great work on the post and everybody have a good summer gaming.

Changed May. For future reference, the fudge time is when that should be posted - it shouldn't actually count if this is the first time you've mentioned it. :)

Pretty sure episodic game DLC doesn't count, but I'll look for the quote when I'm not so out of it.

Good luck with KYC!

22 minutes ago, cerafinn said:

I think I just managed to get Hitman Go done before the fudge time was over, so that's four games for June.

I'm sticking with the past for my vote--I don't know if I have any games for the summer backlog event that will suit the past, but I do have the BioShock series just waiting for me to actually pick it up and play. Not so sure of any of the Tales games count, or if FFX/X-2 would work either.

Got it added, nice work!

We don't really have the requirements nailed down. Personally, I'd call FFX more of a post-apocalyptic future, but eh... interpretation. From the very little I've seen/know of Tales games, I'd call them past.  :dunno:

Edited by SyIaris

On June 1, 2017 at 1:07 PM, Kevvik said:

I actually just completed the plat for this (on lunch break) though I'm not in a position to sync for a few hours.  Is it too late to get my plat for the May challenge? I know there is usually a 24 hr grace period and it was a little past noon on 1 Jun at my location.  The sync will be done after I get home from work.

40 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Changed May. For future reference, the fudge time is when that should be posted - it shouldn't actually count if this is the first time you've mentioned it. :)

I did mention it. I figured that you guys just got busy at the end/start month change-over and updating it got missed.  No worries, all good now.

Edited by Kevvik

9 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

I did mention it. I figured that you guys just got busy at the end/start month change-over and updating it got missed.  No worries, all good now.

That was why the "if", wasn't trying to be harsh or anything. Thanks for finding the old post!

Seems likely that one of us either missed it or put it in the wrong place. Terribly sorry about that.

6 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

That was why the "if", wasn't trying to be harsh or anything. Thanks for finding the old post!

Seems likely that one of us either missed it or put it in the wrong place. Terribly sorry about that.

Like I said, no worries.  It's a busy time of month for this event and you're putting a lot of work in keeping this going and we all appreciate it.??

Cheers!

• Like 1

I platted Band Hero, Kingdom Hearts as well as Destroy All Humans 1 and 2. That should bring my count up to five for the month of June and a second gold star for the complete four games in one month that fit the requirement. I will have a more detailed post up in the coming days :D.

Edited by Kent10201

2 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Yep...

Is either one of those very... past-like? I haven't played either, just see a girl with a rifle in the first and know Final Fantasy tends to be tech+magic.

We haven't nailed down how to determine hardcore yet, it's a bit of a mess. Just curious.

Well, I wanted to do something really simple since I've joined 2 events. I don't have much leeway in what I can play for this month, so bare with me while I explain:

In Time and Eternity, the game starts off with a wedding and someone gets murdered. The main protagonist goes back 6 months to prevent the event from occurring. The game takes place in its past. In Lightning Returns, Lightning, well, returns 500 years after the events of FF13-2. Therefore it takes place in the future. 

I was trying to figure out what I can play because I don't have many "real-life" games that I could play within the month, while playing the different games I have to play for the events. If neither of the game suit, then I'll use my "out" ticket for this month.

On 01/07/2017 at 2:53 AM, SyIaris said:

Okay, so... the update's going to be late this month, since we've done a bit of alternating disappearing and need to finalize some things, so I'm going to make a judgement call. Hopefully @RizzleAbbey12 won't be too annoyed with me.  :facepalm:

Pretty sure we're at a tie now...

Until the announcement post, I will accept entries for June (+24 hours at that point). Games played between now and said post can be either future or past and count for July's theme, but cannot count for challenges unless they match the final requirements.

A trophy/achievement/timestamp of some kind should be earned during that time span to verify. I'd appreciate if you'd post you were playing one so I can make a note of it, but that's optional.

I just didn't want to leave everyone hanging as the month rolls over, especially with KYC. Hopefully we'll have that up for you guys soon.

I thought that because of Edunstars change in vote, past was actually winning? Or did we get a last minute vote for future?

Anyway, I've got both Firewatch and The Fall to play through so I'll just make sure to 100% either one this month, depending on the eventual theme.

I'm not voting right away because it doesn't matter to me that much so if it's a tie again you can poke me for a vote, perhaps I'll have started either one or both by then and I can say something more valuable about what I'd like to complete and why.

9 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Got it added, nice work!

We don't really have the requirements nailed down. Personally, I'd call FFX more of a post-apocalyptic future, but eh... interpretation. From the very little I've seen/know of Tales games, I'd call them past.  :dunno:

Thanks!

With the Tales games, it's actually really hard to say. Graces was a kingdom setting but there was a lot of advanced tech in it too, such as robot enemies and advanced AIs. For Xillia, it seems somewhere in the 1950s relative to our timeline, but I can't be sure that it won't change later on.

Roughly two hours to go on the poll, unless it winds up as a tie again.

10 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I platted Band Hero, Kingdom Hearts as well as Destroy All Humans 1 and 2. That should bring my count up to five for the month of June and a second gold star for the complete four games in one month that fit the requirement. I will have a more detailed post up in the coming days :D.

Impressive! I know the Guitar Hero games tend to be pretty tough, don't imagine that plat was any easier. Kingdom Hearts isn't exactly cake, either.

Updated you, also added two gold stars for hardcore - both KH and GH are long enough.

9 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well, I wanted to do something really simple since I've joined 2 events. I don't have much leeway in what I can play for this month, so bare with me while I explain:

In Time and Eternity, the game starts off with a wedding and someone gets murdered. The main protagonist goes back 6 months to prevent the event from occurring. The game takes place in its past. In Lightning Returns, Lightning, well, returns 500 years after the events of FF13-2. Therefore it takes place in the future. 

I was trying to figure out what I can play because I don't have many "real-life" games that I could play within the month, while playing the different games I have to play for the events. If neither of the game suit, then I'll use my "out" ticket for this month.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

I'm not sure if any of my stuff really suits for future, so I may wind up using a skip myself.

8 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I thought that because of Edunstars change in vote, past was actually winning? Or did we get a last minute vote for future?

Anyway, I've got both Firewatch and The Fall to play through so I'll just make sure to 100% either one this month, depending on the eventual theme.

I'm not voting right away because it doesn't matter to me that much so if it's a tie again you can poke me for a vote, perhaps I'll have started either one or both by then and I can say something more valuable about what I'd like to complete and why.

Yeah, there was a vote about 19 hours before my post the other night.

No worries, do whatever you'd like.  :)  Future's winning at the moment, but it's still only by one.

1 hour ago, cerafinn said:

Thanks!

With the Tales games, it's actually really hard to say. Graces was a kingdom setting but there was a lot of advanced tech in it too, such as robot enemies and advanced AIs. For Xillia, it seems somewhere in the 1950s relative to our timeline, but I can't be sure that it won't change later on.

Ah, okay. I've only played the beginning of Symphonia and Hearts, and I vaguely remember both being pretty... little fantasy/medieval village-ish.

21 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Do we decide definitely today or tomorrow? 'Cause it looks like it's going to be Future. Oh well, I guess I'll have to play Lightning Returns then.

24 hours, or as soon as a vote breaks a tie after that. Does look like future, but at this point... I'm just annoyed by everything still being undecided.

23 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I really hope future wins. I've been putting off replaying Remember Me, because you can't skip the cutscenes. But this would be the perfect reason to finally finish it up. 

May you have more luck finishing it up than I have.

And future wins by one vote. Partially updated the first post, but haven't heard back from Abbey and need to head out for an appointment.  :unsure:

Examples are welcome, as I heavily favor fantasy and superheroes and haven't played much in the way of futuristic games. Portal and Remember Me seem to fit...

1 hour ago, SyIaris said:

And future wins by one vote. Partially updated the first post, but haven't heard back from Abbey and need to head out for an appointment.  :unsure:

Examples are welcome, as I heavily favor fantasy and superheroes and haven't played much in the way of futuristic games. Portal and Remember Me seem to fit...

Examples for future would be: Metro 2033, Metro Last Light, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Earth Defence Force 2025, Fallout series, Mass Effect series to just name a few.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Examples for future would be: Metro 2033, Metro Last Light, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Earth Defence Force 2025, Fallout series, Mass Effect series to just name a few.

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

The God Eater series, Freedom Wars, SAO games, Wipeout, Resogun, Destiny, all of the Gundam games, both Zone of the Enders, and Killer is Dead come to mind as games taking place in the future too.

Thanks guys, appreciate it!  :highfive:

Okay everyone, sorry for the delay with this months theme. We've never had a tie before and the hardcore requirement was a little tricky to sort out...but we've done it so here we go: 

July Theme - Future

Hardcore Requirement - Near Future - Any games that feature Space Exploration, Robots and/or Advanced Technology/Weaponry.

If you didn't manage to complete your June games, you still have 24 hours from the time of this post to finish your game and post about it in the thread. You can, however, start to earn ranks for July as of now.

Have fun with your July games everyone and we look forward to hearing/reading about your choices! :D 

Just a reminder to a few participants who haven't updated the thread with their stats for June or haven't updated for a while:

@blxckenigma

@Enma8910

@Fitzquaid

@NekoSama87

@Zanreo

• Like 1

I sadly haven't had much time recently since June has been a busy month - finals and graduating, looking for a job, looking for a new apartment, moving - but now I've moved in and will be ready to get back to events again!
Also, if I'm lucky (meaning, the RNG being in my favor) I might just manage to plat Megatagmension Blanc before the 24 hours are up - spinoff games count as "part of a series", right?

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

I sadly haven't had much time recently since June has been a busy month - finals and graduating, looking for a job, looking for a new apartment, moving - but now I've moved in and will be ready to get back to events again!
Also, if I'm lucky (meaning, the RNG being in my favor) I might just manage to plat Megatagmension Blanc before the 24 hours are up - spinoff games count as "part of a series", right?

Hey there! :) 

Congratulations on graduating! I hope your enjoying your new apartment and I hope everything goes well for you with the job searching! :D 

Yes we have been counting spinoff games for June's theme as we've had Tale of the Borderlands for the Borderlands series. Good luck with getting the game finished! :) 

• Like 1