[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

I obtained the platinum in L.A. Noire. Doesn't work for this month's theme and I could have made it count if next month becomes the past theme, but èh. I felt like playing it now.

That's a +1 on my platinum stats. My current completion percentage is 52,09% but Hemiak's event is coming up and I'm going to destroy my percentage with 15 games in 5 days.

15 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Congratulations on getting it wrapped up! Updated your listing.

Being forced to do another run because of restrictions or glitches is always awful, but I'm impressed you pushed through in the end. :yay:

It helped a lot that Vice City is one of my favourite GTA games after San Andreas and GTA V.

I also like the 80s Miami vibe. I hope the next GTA is set in Vice City again. We had Liberty City and Los Santos more than enough.

18 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I obtained the platinum in L.A. Noire. Doesn't work for this month's theme and I could have made it count if next month becomes the past theme, but èh. I felt like playing it now.

That's a +1 on my platinum stats. My current completion percentage is 52,09% but Hemiak's event is coming up and I'm going to destroy my percentage with 15 games in 5 days.

Nothing wrong with that. Did you have fun with it? I've heard the facial animations are impressive but can make things rather tricky.

Think at this point I'll just wait for the end of the month and see posts/go through profiles. That's certainly going to tank it, though! Mine will be a bit more gradual with 11 over the month.

7 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

It helped a lot that Vice City is one of my favourite GTA games after San Andreas and GTA V.

I also like the 80s Miami vibe. I hope the next GTA is set in Vice City again. We had Liberty City and Los Santos more than enough.

Yeah, that would make a huge difference. Wouldn't hold out too much hope for a new one anytime soon with how much they're milking the online in V...

Doom 3 complete. Should count for hardcore, Retro, another event (the ps3 way 2 and Billy's), and something I wouldn't have played without this event. 

So I should have gotten all of this plus a DLC completion for finishing the RoE campaign as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Nothing wrong with that. Did you have fun with it? I've heard the facial animations are impressive but can make things rather tricky.

Think at this point I'll just wait for the end of the month and see posts/go through profiles. That's certainly going to tank it, though! Mine will be a bit more gradual with 11 over the month.

They were impressive back in the day but now, the best they get out of having actual actors for the facial animations is that their lip synch is better than many current games.

Doesn't look bad though, and it's fun each time you recognise an actor. On the whole I think it's a game you really should have played, unless you're completely disinterested in film noir and cop shows.

The thing with 15 games in 5 days is that I also won't have much time for any of the games, meaning 15 games with only a couple of trophies unlocked :)

5 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Has everyone voted yet? Joined the 4th Kill Your Completion event, and I forgot to check games I listed with the July's theme (Past or Present). Hope it works out. Good thing I'm only planning to play 6 games.

Shoot, completely forgot that I'll have to do something for this event as well!

... Guess I really should buy Firewatch and The Fall then, that's even better than my original plan of just completing the story of a big game B) With those two, I'll have an easy :gold: in this event regardless of past or future theme.

... That is, I know that Firewatch is set in the past and I'm just going to go ahead and assume that The Fall is set in our future since we're talking exosuits and AI.

• Like 1

Small (and unexpected) update for me: I completed all DLC trophies from Grid 2 yesterday - I guess it grants me a Golden Star on "All DLC" Challenge.

Apparently, my quantity of Platinum and Golden Stars for June was not updated at all... - there are just a Platinum Grande (MotoGP 15) and a Golden Star (Street Fighter 3rd Strike), but I should have (besides them) another Golden Star (Worms Crazy Golf) and a Platinum Star (Madden NFL 17). Golden Stars' quantity are correct (besides a Golden Star for DLC Challenge pointed above) due to personal rules (I'm tracking myself about this... ?).

Ah... and about May, I've achieved only the Platinum Grade and a Golden Star - I can guess my "June's Platinum Star" was noted as a May's game... ?

About July, I will not do much on this event - due to KYC 4, probably... Maybe I will play Back to the Future (PS4) if "Past" would be chosen, or use a "skip" in case of "Future" would be chosen (unfortunatelly, Back to the Future The Game doesn't have "future sections"...).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Doom 3 complete. Should count for hardcore, Retro, another event (the ps3 way 2 and Billy's), and something I wouldn't have played without this event. 

So I should have gotten all of this plus a DLC completion for finishing the RoE campaign as well. 

Impressive number of things to check off for one game, there. Nicely done.

Updated all but the DLC - I'm not seeing any completed DLC on your profile this month? May just be blind, I'm not a morning person.

11 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Has everyone voted yet? Joined the 4th Kill Your Completion event, and I forgot to check games I listed with the July's theme (Past or Present). Hope it works out. Good thing I'm only planning to play 6 games.

I think past is in the lead due to some switched votes, but @RizzleAbbey12 was keeping track of those.

11 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

They were impressive back in the day but now, the best they get out of having actual actors for the facial animations is that their lip synch is better than many current games.

Doesn't look bad though, and it's fun each time you recognise an actor. On the whole I think it's a game you really should have played, unless you're completely disinterested in film noir and cop shows.

The thing with 15 games in 5 days is that I also won't have much time for any of the games, meaning 15 games with only a couple of trophies unlocked :)

True. Lip sync has certainly gotten better... I seem to remember most of the really cringy moments in FFX being because they had to try and match up with the Japanese animations.

I'm rather poor at clearing out my backlog. Apparently's L.A.Noire's been sitting in my Steam library since 2014. -_-

Does leave you with quite a bit of the rest of the month to do whatever you'd like, though.  :P

4 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Small (and unexpected) update for me: I completed all DLC trophies from Grid 2 yesterday - I guess it grants me a Golden Star on "All DLC" Challenge.

Apparently, my quantity of Platinum and Golden Stars for June was not updated at all... - there are just a Platinum Grande (MotoGP 15) and a Golden Star (Street Fighter 3rd Strike), but I should have (besides them) another Golden Star (Worms Crazy Golf) and a Platinum Star (Madden NFL 17). Golden Stars' quantity are correct (besides a Golden Star for DLC Challenge pointed above) due to personal rules (I'm tracking myself about this... 1f604.png).

Ah... and about May, I've achieved only the Platinum Grade and a Golden Star - I can guess my "June's Platinum Star" was noted as a May's game... 1f611.png

About July, I will not do much on this event - due to KYC 4, probably... Maybe I will play Back to the Future (PS4) if "Past" would be chosen, or use a "skip" in case of "Future" would be chosen (unfortunatelly, Back to the Future The Game doesn't have "future sections"...).

Well done. The controls on that game drive me nuts, I'm impressed you 100%'d it.

I'm a little lost there. I'll look it over again when I'm more awake if you don't reply, but I have you down for four in June? That'd qualify you for that challenge as well.

It looks like you should have three plats and two 100%s, going by your profile.  :hmm:

Hey, you won't be alone. I'm hoping I'm covered for past and either The Deadly Tower of Monsters or Ratchet & Clank is good for future if things go that way.

Edited by SyIaris

20 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

(...)

Well done. The controls on that game drive me nuts, I'm impressed you 100%'d it.

I'm a little lost there. I'll look it over again when I'm more awake if you don't reply, but I have you down for four in June? That'd qualify you for that challenge as well.

It looks like you should have three plats and two 100%s, going by your profile.  :hmm:

Hey, you won't be alone. I'm hoping I'm covered for past and either The Deadly Tower of Monsters or Ratchet & Clank is good for future if things go that way.

Actually, I'm well addicted to racing games (if I was not, I would not Plat'd GRID Autosport, which is a lot more awful than GRID 2... <_<). To make things better, GRID 2 DLC trophies were quite easy - I expected completing them along this week, but not on a single night... (and since I have 2 PS3, I could auto-boost the online ones :eyebrow:).

About " three plats and two 100%s", I was not considering Rayman Legends because of "Rule 7" - besides Awesomeness trophy, I'd gotten every other trophy before mid of April... (and GRID 2 was Plat'd in 2014).

Resuming: according to my own tracking (purposely non-claimed games included... ?), my "score" is correct (no changes are needed for now)

Only a thing I forgot: maybe we can put on my list the following note, instead of the single "Challenge ranks" title (without it, it can be quite confusing for newcomers which would see the opening post, but it's up to you ?):

Challenge ranks (Personal rule: only a Platinum Grade/Golden Star can be achieved per month):

Edited by JoaoQuique
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

Actually, I'm well addicted to racing games (if I was not, I would not Plat'd GRID Autosport, which is a lot more awful than GRID 2... <_<). To make things better, GRID 2 DLC trophies were quite easy - I expected completing them along this week, but not on a single night... (and since I have 2 PS3, I could auto-boost the online ones :eyebrow:).

About " three plats and two 100%s", I was not considering Rayman Legends because of "Rule 7" - besides Awesomeness trophy, I'd gotten every other trophy before mid of April... (and GRID 2 was Plat'd in 2014).

Only a thing I forgot: maybe we can put on my list the following note (without it, it can be quite confusing for newcomers which would see the opening post, but it's up to you 1f609.png), instead of the single "Challenge ranks" title:

Challenge ranks (Personal rule: only a Platinum Grade/Golden Star can be achieved per month):

Ah, my bad. Thanks for the correction, I completely missed that you had been one trophy short, though I did catch that Grid 2 was just finishing up DLC. Added that line.

Yeah, can't say I've heard good things about that one... must've been a bit annoying to push through and plat it anyway. I'm jealous about those online trophies being so easy.  :P

That is quite a few racing games on your list, pretty impressive. A good number of them probably have online trophies as well?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

(...)

Yeah, can't say I've heard good things about that one... must've been a bit annoying to push through and plat it anyway. I'm jealous about those online trophies being so easy.  :P

That is quite a few racing games on your list, pretty impressive. A good number of them probably have online trophies as well?

Actually, I'd liked to play both GRID (I've played 1st GRID too, but since it does not have trophies...), but for all people who did not like to play GRID 2, all I can say is "keep yourself far" from GRID Autosport - Autosport's offline grind is already more awful than any GRID or DIRT game (at least PS3 games - I have not played DIRT Rally or DIRT 4 at all), and Autosport's online grind is insane!! (by auto-boost, I think I spent more than two months grinding all that 250 levels...).

• Like 2

Just finished up FFXV, just in the nic of time x_X

It was fun, but it kind of felt like two unfinished games smooshed together. And seriously, whoever thought it was a good idea to have a trophy requiring you to literally walk around for 30 hours should be fired. -_-

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Impressive number of things to check off for one game, there. Nicely done.

Updated all but the DLC - I'm not seeing any completed DLC on your profile this month? May just be blind, I'm not a morning person.

I mentioned this when I originally started on the game. 

The platinum for Doom 3 BFG actually requires completion of Doom 1, 2, and 3. It also requires you to finish both Lost Mission and Resurrection of Evil, which were DLC expansion packs for Doom 3. I started and finished Resurrection of Evil during the month, and when I first mentioned it I think Abbey said it would count for the DLC challenge. If not no biggie, just figured I'd ask. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Actually, I'd liked to play both GRID (I've played 1st GRID too, but since it does not have trophies...), but for all people who did not like to play GRID 2, all I can say is "keep yourself far" from GRID Autosport - Autosport's offline grind is already more awful than any GRID or DIRT game (at least PS3 games - I have not played DIRT Rally or DIRT 4 at all), and Autosport's online grind is insane!! (by auto-boost, I think I spent more than two months grinding all that 250 levels...).

Makes sense; glad you liked them. Autosport's trophy list sounds like a bit of a mess in general... some grinding, sure, but as much as it sounds like would be annoying. Planning to pick up/get to the DiRT ones soon?

I'm more casual kart racer, though I'd probably enjoy anything with similarly decent grip.

22 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Just finished up FFXV, just in the nic of time x_X

It was fun, but it kind of felt like two unfinished games smooshed together. And seriously, whoever thought it was a good idea to have a trophy requiring you to literally walk around for 30 hours should be fired. -_-

Hey, first entry! Nice job. :yay:

...30 hours? Well, that sounds rather awful. Anything like that should really pop before average speed of getting all the stuff you'd have to wander for in the first place.

17 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

I mentioned this when I originally started on the game. 

The platinum for Doom 3 BFG actually requires completion of Doom 1, 2, and 3. It also requires you to finish both Lost Mission and Resurrection of Evil, which were DLC expansion packs for Doom 3. I started and finished Resurrection of Evil during the month, and when I first mentioned it I think Abbey said it would count for the DLC challenge. If not no biggie, just figured I'd ask. 

Ah, so she did. That was right around when I started up some new medical junk that's been leaving my brain at mashed-potato level; stuff didn't really sink in. Sorry for the mix-up, have that added now.

• Like 1

Update: Final Fantasy XV has finally been completed! Not sure why it took me so long. I did quite enjoy it in the end. Although slightly disappointed that the final boss battle was really easy considering the previous FF games! Now to get the remaining trophies for the plat :D  

Edited by MortalRikku

I bought both Firewatch and The Fall so I'm ready for a :gold: regardless which of the two themes wins.

I might not be doing many platinum trophies in the next few months, L.A. Noire was #38 and I kind of feel like making Assassin's Creed Origins #40. Figured I have enough games in my backlog that I have no intention of getting the platinum in anyway. If I get too many platinums before then, then I'll just have to make the platinum of Origins trophy 7K.

• Like 2

On 27/06/2017 at 5:41 PM, SyIaris said:

You do know that Deadly Tower of Monsters is a throwback to the 50's/60's B-Movie era yes? The lasers and monsters are all SFX when listening to the commentary.

I have enough games that something will come up for any of the options. My issue is getting games on the list for this month.

On 27 June 2017 at 5:41 PM, SyIaris said:

I think past is in the lead due to some switched votes, but @RizzleAbbey12 was keeping track of those.

Sorry for the late reply, I've had a pretty crappy few days apart from yesterday. If there's anything I've missed then just let me know. :) 

Yes, past is in the lead as @Edunstar84 changed their vote from future to past I believe.

15 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

Update: Final Fantasy XV has finally been completed! Not sure why it took me so long. I did quite enjoy it in the end. Although slightly disappointed that the final boss battle was really easy considering the previous FF games! Now to get the remaining trophies for the plat :D  

Well done on finishing Final Fantasy! :) Good luck with getting the rest of the trophies! :) 

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I bought both Firewatch and The Fall so I'm ready for a :gold: regardless which of the two themes wins.

I might not be doing many platinum trophies in the next few months, L.A. Noire was #38 and I kind of feel like making Assassin's Creed Origins #40. Figured I have enough games in my backlog that I have no intention of getting the platinum in anyway. If I get too many platinums before then, then I'll just have to make the platinum of Origins trophy 7K.

I hope you enjoy playing Firewatch and The Fall :) 

I can't wait for the new Assassin's Creed game, hopefully October comes round quickly haha :D That's a good choice for a milestone platinum so good luck with doing it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Sorry for the late reply, I've had a pretty crappy few days apart from yesterday. If there's anything I've missed then just let me know. :) 

Yes, past is in the lead as @Edunstar84 changed their vote from future to past I believe.

From present to past, actually. Doesn't seem like a big difference but it means that past is in the lead only by 1 instead of by 2.

2 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I hope you enjoy playing Firewatch and The Fall :) 

I can't wait for the new Assassin's Creed game, hopefully October comes round quickly haha :D That's a good choice for a milestone platinum so good luck with doing it.

I hope so too!

If I accidentally obtain a platinum before then, I may just make the new South Park my 40th, unless it takes too long.

• Like 1

I just got the :platinum: for Grim Legends: The Foresaken Bride. There're three games in this series so far, so no hardcore this time.

That's another platinum star plus a game I wouldn't have played soon if not for the event.

Since that was all from me for this month, here're my curent stats

Platinum trophies: +10
100% completed: +2
Completion: +5,48%

My completion will fall during the next month. I hope to stay positive after next month.

13 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

You do know that Deadly Tower of Monsters is a throwback to the 50's/60's B-Movie era yes? The lasers and monsters are all SFX when listening to the commentary.

I have enough games that something will come up for any of the options. My issue is getting games on the list for this month.

Nope, I'm going into that (and a few others) pretty much blind. I have vague memories of a top-down shooter and aliens from the trailer, and that's it. No big deal, though.

It looks like you're on the board for this month, don't have to do more if you don't want to.  :P

2 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I just got the :platinum: for Grim Legends: The Foresaken Bride. There're three games in this series so far, so no hardcore this time.

That's another platinum star plus a game I wouldn't have played soon if not for the event.

Since that was all from me for this month, here're my curent stats

Platinum trophies: +10
100% completed: +2
Completion: +5,48%

My completion will fall during the next month. I hope to stay positive after next month.

Updated, and thanks for the easy copy/paste stats.  :)

Hey, you won't be alone. Pretty sure at least six of us are joining you in that plummet.

Okay, so... the update's going to be late this month, since we've done a bit of alternating disappearing and need to finalize some things, so I'm going to make a judgement call. Hopefully @RizzleAbbey12 won't be too annoyed with me.  :facepalm:

Pretty sure we're at a tie now...

Until the announcement post, I will accept entries for June (+24 hours at that point). Games played between now and said post can be either future or past and count for July's theme, but cannot count for challenges unless they match the final requirements.

A trophy/achievement/timestamp of some kind should be earned during that time span to verify. I'd appreciate if you'd post you were playing one so I can make a note of it, but that's optional.

I just didn't want to leave everyone hanging as the month rolls over, especially with KYC. Hopefully we'll have that up for you guys soon.

• Like 2

Finished Infamous Second Son and Dungeon Travelers 2 this month. Infamous was fun, although replaying on expert difficulty while doing the evil playthrough probably wasn't the best idea, since I kept dying. That stupid 20,000 kill trophy in Dungeon Travelers 2 took too long and I hated grinding for it. I'm going to try and clear Hitman Go for 4 games in a month and it isn't too long of a game.

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +13

100% completed: +3

Completion:  +4.63

• Like 2

STATS: (Will update this before every month)

Platinum (23)

100% (12)

Completion (87,14%)

Updated with the provided stats for June

Completed games that fit the monthly theme:

1. WipEout Omega Collection

Completed games that fit the challenge ranks:

• tFiJcto.png Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  1. WipEout Omega Collection

Well I hope I posted this in time, forgot to do it yesterday :shakefist:

• Like 1