[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

9 hours ago, Enma8910 said:

YWould like to add the following update:

Completed one challenge to finish dlc of a game, Sleeping Dogs.

Completed the following games that fits this months hardcore theme: Type Rider and Tales from the Borderlands.

Congrats on finishing those games! :) I've updated your stats! :D 

8 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Wow, its the end of the month already.

I didn't actually plat a game for the challenge this month.  I guess I qualify for a silver as I finished the main story for Stranger of Sword City, a really enjoyable dungeon crawler.  Still have a RNG drop trophy (something in me truly hates these since the RNG gods feel the same way about me, but I love dungeon crawlers 1f630.png and Operation Babel awaits!) to complete as well as the post-game dungeon.  This should qualify as you go through a number of dungeons (underground, undersea, forests, towers, formal dungeons) and the hardcore talked about playing a large portion in dungeons/underground and that is what pretty much the whole game is about.  Have been enjoying this much more than Demon Gaze that I did during the KYC 3.0 (no exceedingly inappropriate characters).

Other than that all I finished during May was the plat for Steins;Gate which doesn't really qualify (unless you think it does 1f609.png ) but was still very good and a few FFX trophies.  Didn't even play my PS4 or PS3 this month, just the Vita on the go due to being just too bloody busy with work and RL.

Hopefully I'll have better luck in June.

Stat changes for event

Platinums - +17 (+1 this month)

100% games - +3 (no change this month)

Completion rate - +0.54% (+0.06% this month)

Congrats on finishing your games for May! :D I've updated your stats and I've counted Stranger of Sword City for the hardcore challenge so well done! :) Did you enjoy that game?

5 hours ago, cerafinn said:

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to clear a game that suited this month's theme in time, but I just finished Dragon's Crown. While part of the plot revolves around the titular Dragon's Crown, conflicts over borders and lands lead to the resurrection of an ancient dragon that will eventually raze the earth bare. The game also has a burial/resurrection system integrated into how you summon other players to help you offline. And, finally, the dungeons in Dragon's Crown are in a few underground locations (underground lab, subterranean fortress) and some of the others had caves that you had to fight through, including a brief trip to hell. I think this also fulfills the HC challenge of underground/cave locations.

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +10

100% completed: +3

Completion:  +3.48

Congrats on finishing your games for May! :D I've updated your stats and well done on completing the hardcore challenge for this month! :) 

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I buckled up and 100%ed rain yesterday (tried Kung Fu Rabbit for the final trophy first and couldn't get into it, then tried Laser Disco Defenders and couldn't get into it, so I figured in that final hour or so of playtime I might as well just get rid of rain), so you can up my 100%ed stat by one more. My current completion percentage is 51,61% so +0,93% since the start of the event.

Unfortunately, I have just joined the Summer Backlog Challenge. Fortunately and by complete chance, I have added one game to that list that apparently is part of a franchise with exactly five games (talking about Invizimals, by the way) so that means I can just play that this month and I won't have to rush with getting LEGO Marvel Avengers done.

Edit: Oooh, new poll! Well, I'm going to not vote for now as I have enough in both past and future themes, and that third one probably should not be an issue either. Plus, I doubt I'm going to do much gaming in July/August anyway, at least PlayStation gaming - yay, I can now just sit outside in the sun with my Switch!

Congrats on finishing Rain and I've updated your stats. Good luck with Invizimals and I hope you enjoy the Summer Backlog Challenge. :) Playing the Switch outside sounds nice and you could even play it on your camping trip which should be fun for both of you :) 

2 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

No change to my stats really as I didn't compete what I had set out to do as got roped into playing the uncharted MP again and it's literally sucked away all my game time this month. 

As as it's a fresh month, I'm going to finish off tales of the borderlands and finally complete and maybe even plat FF15 :D 

As long as I stay away from the MP I should be fine haha! 

Okay thanks for updating and I know what you mean about multiplayer sucking you in. I played Dead Island again recently and was planning to platinum it in a few days, and then it ended up taking a couple of weeks because the multiplayer is so fun haha! :D Good luck with FF15! I think I may start that this month as I've had it since Christmas. :P 

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Just the update for the thread:

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 50

100% completed: 49

Completion: 48.32%

Platinum trophies: +13

100% completed: +6

Completion: +2.05%

Thank you for the update! :) I've updated your stats for May! :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Okay thanks for updating and I know what you mean about multiplayer sucking you in. I played Dead Island again recently and was planning to platinum it in a few days, and then it ended up taking a couple of weeks because the multiplayer is so fun haha! :D Good luck with FF15! I think I may start that this month as I've had it since Christmas. :P 

Thank you for the update! :) I've updated your stats for May! :) 

Yeah, you totally lose track of your time playing online.

FF has been sitting waiting since its release to get finished so I'm just going to crack on with the story as I spent a lot of time doing side missions that I kinda bored myself out of playing it :( 

Good of luck yourself with completing it :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MortalRikku said:

Yeah, you totally lose track of your time playing online.

FF has been sitting waiting since its release to get finished so I'm just going to crack on with the story as I spent a lot of time doing side missions that I kinda bored myself out of playing it :( 

Good of luck yourself with completing it :) 

Man, don't even get me started on the WATCH_DOGS 2 multiplayer haha :) 

I just keep looking at the strategy guide that has been sitting on my shelf and I'm just dying to open it but I don't want it to get dusty haha :( I get like that with the side missions and especially in games like Skyrim or The Witcher.

Thank you! :D 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Playing the Switch outside sounds nice and you could even play it on your camping trip which should be fun for both of you :)

Well, naturally I'll keep playing the Switch during our trip; that's one of the things I love about the Switch - being able to continue on holidays with playing whatever I was playing on the home console when I left. My wife is often tired earlier than I am, especially after a day of walking, so I see plenty of evening hours of Switching during our future holidays.

• Like 1

Platinum trophies: +9

100% completed: +1 (no change)

Completion: +11.60%

Would Hitman Go count towards this month's theme? On the off-chance I can't plat Zestiria, I would like to have a back-up plan in place. There's that and Ayesha Plus. I've synthesized the weapons, armor and accessories for 2 people in my party. Very possible I could finish in a week or two.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Congrats on finishing your games for May! :D I've updated your stats and I've counted Stranger of Sword City for the hardcore challenge so well done! :) Did you enjoy that game?

Yes I enjoyed it a lot as long as dungeon crawlers are in your realm of enjoyment.  Pretty good storyline though, as per the genre, not exceptionally deep.

I actually just completed the plat for this (on lunch break) though I'm not in a position to sync for a few hours.  Is it too late to get my plat for the May challenge? I know there is usually a 24 hr grace period and it was a little past noon on 1 Jun at my location.  The sync will be done after I get home from work.

• Like 1

Beat Deponia last night for a quick entry for June and an "other event" star since I'll be using it for Platinum Rain. Didn't like it any more than I did four years ago.  :|

Stats for last month were updated prior to starting it but hadn't changed much overall.

6 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Platinum trophies: +9

100% completed: +1 (no change)

Completion: +11.60%

Would Hitman Go count towards this month's theme? On the off-chance I can't plat Zestiria, I would like to have a back-up plan in place. There's that and Ayesha Plus. I've synthesized the weapons, armor and accessories for 2 people in my party. Very possible I could finish in a week or two.

Updated you. Nice improvement on your overall completion.  :)

Yes, Hitman Go would count as a Hitman game. Not sure exactly how many there are, but I'm pretty sure it's over five as well.

11 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Yes I enjoyed it a lot as long as dungeon crawlers are in your realm of enjoyment.  Pretty good storyline though, as per the genre, not exceptionally deep.

I actually just completed the plat for this (on lunch break) though I'm not in a position to sync for a few hours.  Is it too late to get my plat for the May challenge? I know there is usually a 24 hr grace period and it was a little past noon on 1 Jun at my location.  The sync will be done after I get home from work.

Don't suppose it happens to have couch co-op?

Time's 24 hours and it hasn't hit that yet; I'd say since you mentioned it, as long as you get it synced in the next day or so and the timestamps match, it's all good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Don't suppose it happens to have couch co-op?

Time's 24 hours and it hasn't hit that yet; I'd say since you mentioned it, as long as you get it synced in the next day or so and the timestamps match, it's all good.

No, it's a single player experience managing a party of up to 6 characters including your main ("the Chosen One") with turn-based battles. I put about 87 hrs into the platinum though the last 15 were grinding for 2 katanas that are required for trophies before I headed into the final battle in the post game dungeon. Might take others less but the RNG gods and I aren't on strong speaking terms regarding gear drops... Also did some grinding prior to later battles just to make sure the party is strong enough and is carrying strong enough gear.  The divinity skills don't play a big part until the stronger opponents. By then you have to be fairly comfortable with managing them or it's easy to forget for a turn or two and get wiped.

Still I enjoyed it and felt it a far better and more enjoyable experience than Demon Gaze.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Congrats on your plat!^_^ Yeah I'd say it counts with the same reasons as @SyIaris has stated above:) 

24 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Yes, Hitman Go would count as a Hitman game. Not sure exactly how many there are, but I'm pretty sure it's over five as well.

There are seven games in the Hitman series; Hitman, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Contacts, Hitman: Blood Money, Hitman: Absolution, Hitman: First Season and Hitman GO. Wow that's a lot when it's written down like that!^_^

24 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Beat Deponia last night for a quick entry for June and an "other event" star since I'll be using it for Platinum Rain. Didn't like it any more than I did four years ago.  :|

Stats for last month were updated prior to starting it but hadn't changed much overall.

Congrats on finishing your first plat for the month! :) It's a shame you didn't like it much, I've been looking at it on the Store as its on sale at the minute.

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Congrats on your plat!^_^ Yeah I'd say it counts with the same reasons as @SyIaris has stated above:)

There are seven games in the Hitman series; Hitman, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Contacts, Hitman: Blood Money, Hitman: Absolution, Hitman: First Season and Hitman GO. Wow that's a lot when it's written down like that!^_^

Congrats on finishing your first plat for the month! :) It's a shame you didn't like it much, I've been looking at it on the Store as its on sale at the minute.

That's great! I'm unfamiliar with the series and only bought it because it was cheap. I also voted for the Present choice, though I would be fine if any of them were chosen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

No, it's a single player experience managing a party of up to 6 characters including your main ("the Chosen One") with turn-based battles. I put about 87 hrs into the platinum though the last 15 were grinding for 2 katanas that are required for trophies before I headed into the final battle in the post game dungeon. Might take others less but the RNG gods and I aren't on strong speaking terms regarding gear drops... Also did some grinding prior to later battles just to make sure the party is strong enough and is carrying strong enough gear.  The divinity skills don't play a big part until the stronger opponents. By then you have to be fairly comfortable with managing them or it's easy to forget for a turn or two and get wiped.

Still I enjoyed it and felt it a far better and more enjoyable experience than Demon Gaze.

Bummer. Seems like Diablo's the only option for a co-op dungeon crawler anymore.

Does sound like a good game, glad you enjoyed it! I know what you mean with the RNG trolling you, that's always annoying. Sounds like a bit of a sharp learning curve with those divinity skills, though, yikes.

4 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Don't get me wrong, it's put together well and the writing isn't bad - I just dislike the main character and that saps a lot of enjoyment out of a game for me. If the trailers appeal to you, there's no reason you can't enjoy it!  ^_^

Only had it because it was in that humble bundle a while back.

• Like 1

Since May is over now and some participants haven't updated yet, I just thought I'd send out a little reminder to everyone and to also see if your all okay!^_^ As usual, if you haven't played anything and as such don't have anything to update with, then your May month will be kept as a bronze trophy. :) 

@blxckenigma

@DrumKing294

@ExHaseo

@Fitzquaid

@NekoSama87

May has been by far my most successful month of trophy hunting. I ended the month with thirteen more plats and many of them count for May's theme.

Time for an update:

• Dead Synchronicity - Not sure if it count's for May's theme however the game has a few underground segment's which may allow it to count for the month.
  • Deponia - The game takes place in a world made out of junk and there are a few underground segments. 
  • Volume - Does not count for May's theme
  • Batman - Not sure if this counts for May's theme however, part of the game takes place underground 
  • Severed - Most of the game takes place underground which fulfills the hardcore requirement 
  • Mr. Massagy - Does not count for May's theme
  • My Name is Mayo - Does not count for May's theme
  • Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late - Does not count for May's theme
  • Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End - Many of the game's chapters take place in caves and the game is centered around archaeology which fulfills the hardcore requirement
  • Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus - Does not count for May's theme
  • Doom - The plat was already prepared and used for a previous month
  • Lego Dimensions - The plat was already prepared and used for a previous month

I would like to use the Severed platinum image for the month of May and the Uncharted 4: A Thief's End for the hardcore requirement. Thanks in advance :D!

I also got the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered platinum after today which count's for June's theme and the hardcore requirement since there are five games in the series with a sixth one on the way. I'm looking forward to another great month of trophy hunting and I'll update here again once I've made more progress.

Platinum Trophies: +23

100% Completed: -

Completion: +7.08%

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

May has been by far my most successful month of trophy hunting. I ended the month with thirteen more plats and many of them count for May's theme.

Time for an update:

• Dead Synchronicity - Not sure if it count's for May's theme however the game has a few underground segment's which may allow it to count for the month.
  • Deponia - The game takes place in a world made out of junk and there are a few underground segments. 
  • Volume - Does not count for May's theme
  • Batman - Not sure if this counts for May's theme however, part of the game takes place underground 
  • Severed - Most of the game takes place underground which fulfills the hardcore requirement 
  • Mr. Massagy - Does not count for May's theme
  • My Name is Mayo - Does not count for May's theme
  • Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late - Does not count for May's theme
  • Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End - Many of the game's chapters take place in caves and the game is centered around archaeology which fulfills the hardcore requirement
  • Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus - Does not count for May's theme
  • Doom - The plat was already prepared and used for a previous month
  • Lego Dimensions - The plat was already prepared and used for a previous month

I would like to use the Severed platinum image for the month of May and the Uncharted 4: A Thief's End for the hardcore requirement. Thanks in advance :D!

I also got the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered platinum after today which count's for June's theme and the hardcore requirement since there are five games in the series with a sixth one on the way. I'm looking forward to another great month of trophy hunting and I'll update here again once I've made more progress.

Platinum Trophies: +23

100% Completed: -

Completion: +7.08%

Blimey someone's been super busy!D: Congrats on all of those platinums in May! :P Did you enjoy playing all of them? What was Dead Synchronicity like as it really cheap on in a store I visit so I was thinking about picking it up. 

10 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I wasn't able to get to anything for May unfortunately. I got distracted by Marvel Heroes x_x

For June I plan on doing FFXV though. Gonna finish up as much of Marvel Heroes as I can first though.

That's okay, I'm glad your enjoying Marvel Heroes!^_^ I've really got to download it as everyone keeps saying how good it is :P 

Good luck with FFXV! :) 

Edited by RizzleAbbey12

5 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

-snip-

Still looking at those, but otherwise updated.

Very impressive progress there - especially since you've now more than doubled the plats you started this event with! :yay:

Any favorites from the batch?

5 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I wasn't able to get to anything for May unfortunately. I got distracted by Marvel Heroes x_x

For June I plan on doing FFXV though. Gonna finish up as much of Marvel Heroes as I can first though.

Hey, it happens. This is more to inspire people to try out or finish things that might have otherwise been ignored - there's nothing wrong with having fun with other games.

You could use a skip with Persona 5 (or possibly something else, since the date sorting is rather broken) for a platinum rank in May, if you'd like?

Here i am for my monthly report!

Since i've started working during night time all the week around, i've played more overwatch than anything else since i can just do a couple of matches and then snooze off.

But anyway, i managed to clear something out for the event:

- Earthlock : Festival of Magic (counts for the theme + hardcore)
- The Inner World (as stated before, this one is almost fully played underground)
- Black and White Bushido (Platinumed, but don't really think it does count for the theme)
- Type:Rider (got 100% on the PS4 version, but it doesn't do anything for the theme)

So, my stats right now are as following:

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 73

100% completed: 42

Completion: 62.61%

Platinum trophies: 88 +15

100% completed: 48 +6

Completion: 65,15% +2.54%

• Like 1

Platted Atelier Ayesha Plus - part of the atelier series of maybe 10 games. Arland, Dusk and then the new PS4 titles. There are also plus versions of Arland and Dusk. Not sure about the other newer ones. The last time I earned a trophy for the game was in January 2016, so it will be down there. But at least the scrolling header tiles are up-to-date.

I'm also a part of the other backlog event hosted by Billy. I think it's called What's That Still Doing Here/There.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

On 2017-6-1 at 11:10 PM, Kent10201 said:

Batman - Not sure if this counts for May's theme however, part of the game takes place underground 

Too bad it's not Arkham Asylum because that one would have definitely counted :)

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm also a part of the other backlog event hosted by Billy. I think it's called What's That Still Doing Here/There.

What The Hell Is That Still Doing There, but I don't blame you for censoring ;)

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

Hey everyone! :) Sorry for the late update!^_^

I have managed to finish my first game of the month in the form of Dead Island Riptide!^_^ This would also count towards the 'games you wouldn't have played if not for this event' challenge as I wasn't planning to play any of these but then I thought I could do both of these for May's theme but they took a while to finish. :) 

Platinum Trophies - 67 (+1)

100% - No Change

Completion Percentage - 80.77%

I'm now going to be playing on my PS4 and I think I'll start Lara Croft GO and maybe a bit of Skyrim!^_^

22 hours ago, NekoSama87 said:

Here i am for my monthly report!

Since i've started working during night time all the week around, i've played more overwatch than anything else since i can just do a couple of matches and then snooze off.

But anyway, i managed to clear something out for the event:

- Earthlock : Festival of Magic (counts for the theme + hardcore)
- The Inner World (as stated before, this one is almost fully played underground)
- Black and White Bushido (Platinumed, but don't really think it does count for the theme)
- Type:Rider (got 100% on the PS4 version, but it doesn't do anything for the theme)

So, my stats right now are as following:

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 73

100% completed: 42

Completion: 62.61%

Platinum trophies: 88 +15

100% completed: 48 +6

Completion: 65,15% +2.54%

Congrats on finishing your games for May!^_^ And also well done on getting your new job, I hope your enjoying it! :) I've counted everything you listed apart from Black and White: Bushido as I couldn't really see it being very Earthy. :) 

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Platted Atelier Ayesha Plus - part of the atelier series of maybe 10 games. Arland, Dusk and then the new PS4 titles. There are also plus versions of Arland and Dusk. Not sure about the other newer ones. The last time I earned a trophy for the game was in January 2016, so it will be down there. But at least the scrolling header tiles are up-to-date.

Congrats on finishing your first game for June!^_^ I've updated your stats! By the way, that platinum image for Atelier Ayesha Plus is absolutely beautiful! :P What are those games like? Did you enjoy playing them? :) 

Edited by RizzleAbbey12

1 minute ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Congrats on finishing your first game for June!^_^ I've updated your stats! By the way, that platinum image for Atelier Ayesha Plus is absolutely beautiful! :P What are those games like? Did you enjoy playing them? :) 

Not really no. After playing and completing 4 in the series, I can honestly say that I don't really enjoy the alchemy and time management system. Story-wise, they're not deep either. Although I did enjoy Escha & Logy. The thing is I started on the Plus version of Ayesha, which is more difficult than the vanilla PS3 version. My fault really as I didn't actually read up on this version. 

In all the games, you use alchemy/synthesizing system to achieve your goal, which could be to save your sister (Atelier Ayesha) or developing your kingdom (Atelier Meruru). Each game's alchemy system is not the same though. Some are easier to understand than others. The time management comes in different variations of the games, as well. For example, in Ayesha, you have 3 years to save your sister with no short-term goals. In Rorona, you had a goal every 3 months. Also, there are several events and endings based on completing your friends' requests. These are time-limited, too. 

The battle system comes dead last. Though if you're not prepared for the few bosses that you do encounter or even some of the mobs when you go adventuring, then you pretty much die. Through alchemy, you're supposed to create attack, healing and support items to help you through gathering items for requests or for more alchemy items.

Hope this explains what the games are like. I heard the newer ones are easier to get into than the Arland and Dusk series. So if you are interested, I would check out videos for Atelier Sophie or Atelier Firis. 

17 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Not really no. After playing and completing 4 in the series, I can honestly say that I don't really enjoy the alchemy and time management system. Story-wise, they're not deep either. Although I did enjoy Escha & Logy. The thing is I started on the Plus version of Ayesha, which is more difficult than the vanilla PS3 version. My fault really as I didn't actually read up on this version. 

In all the games, you use alchemy/synthesizing system to achieve your goal, which could be to save your sister (Atelier Ayesha) or developing your kingdom (Atelier Meruru). Each game's alchemy system is not the same though. Some are easier to understand than others. The time management comes in different variations of the games, as well. For example, in Ayesha, you have 3 years to save your sister with no short-term goals. In Rorona, you had a goal every 3 months. Also, there are several events and endings based on completing your friends' requests. These are time-limited, too. 

The battle system comes dead last. Though if you're not prepared for the few bosses that you do encounter or even some of the mobs when you go adventuring, then you pretty much die. Through alchemy, you're supposed to create attack, healing and support items to help you through gathering items for requests or for more alchemy items.

Hope this explains what the games are like. I heard the newer ones are easier to get into than the Arland and Dusk series. So if you are interested, I would check out videos for Atelier Sophie or Atelier Firis. 

Well it's a shame you didn't like playing them. Thank you for explaining what they are like as I have been looking at them for a while but, firstly, they are quite expensive even when they are used and secondly, I wasn't really drawn in with the alchemy system/combat. But I'll have a look at those that you recommended and see what I think! :) 

I'm playing GTA Vice City for this month and boy are the controlls outdated. I finished this game many times on PS2 and hadn't that many problems with it. I mean you can't even rotate the camera with the right stick. You switch in first person mode instead, which let's you rotate the camera.

And I'm still having problems at the same missions as back then.

But it's still a great game.