[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

Ld3a753.png

So, if the above isn't obvious enough yet... I decided to work on Assassin's Creed: Rogue.

Well, at least it already looks a lot better than Liberation. I hope it won't turn into a chore but for now it's fun and varied.

I did about every free-roam activity in New York needed for the platinum, except for buying properties as after teo of them, I didn't have enough resources left so buying properties (and upgrading my ship) will have to wait until after I go for the camps and convoys. After New York, I went to the North Atlantic and did one location before calling it a day since by then it was half past one at night for me. Better go to sleep, and continue in the morning.

I also finally watched the Assassin's Creed movie again yesterday. Still an awesome movie, hope they make some sequels.

36 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Just finished Ratchet Ps4 which should count for the hardcore. It also completed the series again for me (bar the Vita stacks) 

So that's 118 plats now. 

Have you not updated yet? Because your sig is at 117...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

And I have a question for this months theme. If at the E3 this weekend Borderland 3 would be announced, would count Tales from the Borderlands qualify for the hardcore requirement?

With Borderland 3 it would be five games in the series.

The actual question is: Do unreleased games with an official announcement count for the hardcore requirement?

Thank you for the recommendation of the Final Fantasy game, I'll definitely look into it! :) 

In answer to your question, I don't think unreleased games would count really as they could potentially be cancelled or put on the back burner for a long time. But I'll have to see if @SyIaris agrees or not. :) 

9 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Just finished Ratchet Ps4 which should count for the hardcore. It also completed the series again for me (bar the Vita stacks) 

So that's 118 plats now. 

Congrats on finishing your first platinum for June's theme! :D I've updated your stats! 

Just finished the plat for Zero Time Dilemma from the Zero Escape series so this month is done early.  

Also did the 100% for King's Quest.  Not sure if this counts for the hardcore or not. Lots of games in this series but only 1 on the PlayStation platform.

Back to dungeon crawling through Operation Babel.

I have Plat'd The Walking Dead on Vita and will do the DLC as well for the extra bonus.

This was counted towards the Trophy Hunters League also.

I'm also still powering through F1 2016 and will have that as the HC challenge for the event.

1 hour ago, Kevvik said:

Also did the 100% for King's Quest.  Not sure if this counts for the hardcore or not. Lots of games in this series but only 1 on the PlayStation platform.

Is it enjoyable?

42 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Is it enjoyable?

If you enjoy a humorous point and click, then yes. The voice acting is excellent, the story very funny and the puzzles generally straightforward if you fully explore everywhere (as per point-and-click procedure).

Some of the trophies can be tricky if not using a walkthrough because they expect you to do some odd things (like dying/failing), often repetitively but there is usually enough hint that there is more to come as long as the dialogue/narration continues to change.

I've been doing this style of game a long time (including early Kings Quest games) so I enjoy them but they aren't for everyone. 

Just thought of something. I think King's Quest will count for the DLC challenge achievement as well given its episodic nature without the overarching plat like the Telltale games.

Finished XBlaze Code:Embryo for this month so that's one more plat. It was also for the summer backlog event.

I'm not sure if it counts for the HC challenge though. XBlaze is its own series, but it's also part of the Blazblue Universe, acting as a prequel to it all.

4 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Just finished the plat for Zero Time Dilemma from the Zero Escape series so this month is done early.  

Back to dungeon crawling through Operation Babel.

Congrats on your platinum and 100%!^_^ I've updated your stats and also counted King's Quest for the hardcore challenge. The series of games don't have to be on a PlayStation platform specifically, they can be on a range of different platforms so don't worry about that. :) 

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I have Plat'd The Walking Dead on Vita and will do the DLC as well for the extra bonus.

This was counted towards the Trophy Hunters League also.

I'm also still powering through F1 2016 and will have that as the HC challenge for the event.

Is it enjoyable?

Congrats on your platinum for June! :) I've updated your stats and good luck with F1 2016! :D 

48 minutes ago, cerafinn said:

Finished XBlaze Code:Embryo for this month so that's one more plat. It was also for the summer backlog event.

I'm not sure if it counts for the HC challenge though. XBlaze is its own series, but it's also part of the Blazblue Universe, acting as a prequel to it all.

Congrats on your platinum!^_^ I've updated your stats and I've looked at the XBlaze series online and I've counted it for the hardcore challenge as they go along side the Blazblue games! :)  

Edited by RizzleAbbey12

I got the plat in Tales from the Borderlands last night.

It's still a great game despite playing it a second time. I hope there will be a second season to this game. The ending could justify it.

I'm leaving my favourite scene of every TellTale game here. But beware of spoilers if you haven't played Tales from the Borderlands yet.

I'm now fully working on GTA Vice City, of which I completed the story today. Only the Phil Cassedy missions left and 100%, which should get me the rest of the trophies. And the Godfather rating of course.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 2

I don't think I'd count unreleased games unless they were due out sometime in the very near future - a week into the next month or something.  :dunno:

Having all votes count makes sense to me for the same reasons @RizzleAbbey12 mentioned.

Kind of spaced out, so please let me know if I missed anything.

Put some time into Evoland (2), Neighbours From Hell (2), Defense Grid (2), One Finger Death Punch (1), and Bridge Constructor Playground (4) during my trip, but didn't beat anything. Probably going to try and 100% the first two this month for a couple gold stars and an entry for Billy's event.

One Finger Death Punch is not a good airplane game. Especially not on a midnight flight with a bunch of <5 year olds and turbulence. :P

Assassin's Creed: Origins looks awesome, may actually preorder a game for once...

2 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I got the plat in Tales from the Borderlands last night.

It's still a great game despite playing it a second time. I hope there will be a second season to this game. The ending could justify it.

I'm leaving my favourite scene of every TellTale game here. But beware of spoilers if you haven't played Tales from the Borderlands yet.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm now fully working on GTA Vice City, of which I completed the story today. Only the Phil Cassedy missions left and 100%, which should get me the rest of the trophies. And the Godfather rating of course.

That scene was amazing. Definitely the best I've run into in any point-and-click so far.

Updated you, Looks like it counts for hardcore due to either an iPhone or browser game I've never heard of, too. Congrats on getting a plat done for the month, and I hope you have fun with GTA! :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Assassin's Creed: Origins looks awesome, may actually preorder a game for once...

Yeah it looks amazeballs. I'm getting the collector's edition, seems like they're taking the franchise in the direction I want them to take it in so I feel like rewarding that, I also feel like adding the new assassin (haven't learned his name by heart yet) statuette to my collection.

Update on Rogue:

Ld3a753.png

Going for the platinum in Rogue takes a lot of time, though it does not seem to be overly difficult (note that I have not yet attempted to go for the most difficult trophies in the game).

Over the weekend, I have made a lot of progress and I'm all but done with the freeroaming - just doing 20 supply camps and then I can get to doing story synchronisation, the legendary battles, the four 'cheat' trophies and then I'm done - I've also got one random trophy to go (destroy 100 ice bergs) but I've taken the odd shot at one whenever I was close anyway and I've only got three to go, if I don't see any during the story replay then there's sure to be enough around while I'm sailing towards the legendary battles.

Edit:

C'mon people, vote for Past in the poll! @Edunstar84 and I would be very happy with that!

Edun, you may need to change your vote from present to past if you don't want future to win.

@RizzleAbbey12 @SyIaris, and @all I guess... I notice Assassin's Creed gets mentioned in the "present" part of the poll.

Remember that, like I said in between some other stuff earlier, Assassin's Creed I - II - Brotherhood - Revelations all do not count for present but do count for (near) future, as their "present day" storyline was actually set in the near future (2012). AC III was released in October 2012 and its "present" story was set in December 2012, so it would be up to Rizzle and SyI if that one counts for present or near future. Black Flag, Rogue, Unity and Syndicate all have present day storylines moving along with the series, so they count for present and not for near future. The Chronicles games have no present day stuff. Liberation does not really have any present day stuff but someone "hacked" the game and is speaking to the user directly... Might count for present in some small meta way but personally I wouldn't count it as you personally only ever control Aveline.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

Personal update: 

• I completed MotoGP 15, granting me June's Platinum Grade and a Golden star on "Hardcore Challenge" (there are 6 MotoGP games developed by Milestone plus other versions developed by other companies). MY June's icon will be: 1S1d7352.png
  • I also completed Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Online Edition, granting me a Golden Star for June, and Golden Stars on "Retro Game" Challenge (this game was released on 1999) and "Another PSNP event" (this game was registered on Billy's WTHiTSDH event);
  • I made a personal icon for "4 games in a month" challenge (like one done by Billy) - I did this one based on my February's games. If you don't mind, please put it on my list: wRZL6zz.png
  • Stat changes update below:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +23

100% completed: +19

Completion: +3.00%

Thanks.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah it looks amazeballs. I'm getting the collector's edition, seems like they're taking the franchise in the direction I want them to take it in so I feel like rewarding that, I also feel like adding the new assassin (haven't learned his name by heart yet) statuette to my collection.

He's called Bayek

I liked what I saw and am glad it's coming in October already.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

-snip-

@RizzleAbbey12 @SyIaris, and @all I guess... I notice Assassin's Creed gets mentioned in the "present" part of the poll.

Remember that, like I said in between some other stuff earlier, Assassin's Creed I - II - Brotherhood - Revelations all do not count for present but do count for (near) future, as their "present day" storyline was actually set in the near future (2012). AC III was released in October 2012 and its "present" story was set in December 2012, so it would be up to Rizzle and SyI if that one counts for present or near future. Black Flag, Rogue, Unity and Syndicate all have present day storylines moving along with the series, so they count for present and not for near future. The Chronicles games have no present day stuff. Liberation does not really have any present day stuff but someone "hacked" the game and is speaking to the user directly... Might count for present in some small meta way but personally I wouldn't count it as you personally only ever control Aveline.

It definitely looks promising. Hopefully it'll be a good release like Syndicate and not a bugfest like Unity.

Rogue's pretty grindy, then? Thought I'd heard it was a fairly straightforward one. Sounds like some good progress, though.

In all honesty, the poll options for the set months are directly copy/pasted from what Falion sent us. Does seem like some games would be more finicky.

6 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

-snip-

Updated you, nice progress! :yay:

Gave you a hardcore star for Street Fighter as well, since I can think of six off the top of my head that aren't rerererereleases.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

(...)

Gave you a hardcore star for Street Fighter as well, since I can think of six off the top of my head that aren't rerererereleases.

I asked Falion not to give me more than a Golden Star on a specific challenge per month (since MotoGP already granted me one this month, that "personal rule" wouldn't give me another one by completing Street Fighter), but I just forgot to say it to you and Rizzle... :facepalm:

Since it's a personal rule, you aren't obligated to follow my request - if you do, I will ever point you when I should receive a Golden Star from a game (considering that if a specific game is in fact eligible). If you accept my request about "personal rule", you do not even need to "fix" my list now - let's wait a new update :D (I will try to to complete two more games in this month for "4-games-in-a-month Challenge anyway...)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

I asked Falion not to give me more than a Golden Star on a specific challenge per month (since MotoGP already granted me one this month, that "personal rule" wouldn't give me another one by completing Street Fighter), but I just forgot to say it to you and Rizzle... :facepalm:

Since it's a personal rule, you aren't obligated to follow my request - if you do, I will ever point you when I should receive a Golden Star from a game (considering that if a specific game is in fact eligible). If you accept my request about "personal rule", you do not even need to "fix" my list now - let's wait a new update :D (I will try to to complete two more games in this month for "4-games-in-a-month Challenge anyway...)

Sorry about that, must not have caught it in the original thread.  :facepalm:

Did fix it, only took a moment. Nothing wrong with setting extra rules for yourself! Good luck getting another two - have specific games in mind? :)

Sorry for the late response, Skyrim has me good and proper! :P 

@MarkusT1992, That's my favourite scene in the game as well :) My mum was looking at me all weird as I was sat laughing at it for ages haha

Congrats on your platinum!

@BillyHorrible, yeah I see what you mean about Assassins Creed and it will be finicky like SyIaris says but we will figure it out! :) 

Really looking forward to the new AC game and guess what, I watched the film the other day. And it was pretty good! :) 

7 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Personal update: 

• I completed MotoGP 15, granting me June's Platinum Grade and a Golden star on "Hardcore Challenge" (there are 6 MotoGP games developed by Milestone plus other versions developed by other companies). MY June's icon will be: 1S1d7352.png
  • I also completed Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Online Edition, granting me a Golden Star for June, and Golden Stars on "Retro Game" Challenge (this game was released on 1999) and "Another PSNP event" (this game was registered on Billy's WTHiTSDH event);
  • I made a personal icon for "4 games in a month" challenge (like one done by Billy) - I did this one based on my February's games. If you don't mind, please put it on my list: wRZL6zz.png
  • Stat changes update below:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +23

100% completed: +19

Completion: +3.00%

Thanks.

Congrats on your progress for this month, it looks like you've been busy! :) Any plans on what your playing next?

20 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

Okay, thank you for telling us. I've noted this down for you but if I forget at any time when updating you, then just let me know :D 

Edited by RizzleAbbey12

2 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Rogue's pretty grindy, then? Thought I'd heard it was a fairly straightforward one. Sounds like some good progress, though.

Rogue is pretty grindy yeah. The story is pretty straightforward (only six sequences) but the side stuff will keep you going for a while...

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

@BillyHorrible, yeah I see what you mean about Assassins Creed and it will be finicky like SyIaris says but we will figure it out! :) 

Really looking forward to the new AC game and guess what, I watched the film the other day. And it was pretty good! :) 

And another one satisfied with the BillyHorrible Seal Of Approval. I'm on fire with advising people what to play and what to watch these days!

Watched it again a few days ago myself, my wife decided to watch along. She thought it wad pretty decent to watch once, which is more than I expected from her. She also had some questions (like what the deal was with the "apple") so when I show the movie to other non-Creeders, I'll know what I'll have to explain beforehand.

On that note...

Ld3a753.png

Yup, obtained the platinum! Final stretch wasn't as big of a bother as I expected it to be. Especially the 100% synchronisation went by a lot quicker than I thought.

Trophy to use for this month (since I liked Rogue more than Liberation):

1S102c78.png

So that's another blue star in this month and a gold star for both the hardcore and event challenges.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SyIaris said:

(...)

Did fix it, only took a moment. Nothing wrong with setting extra rules for yourself! Good luck getting another two - have specific games in mind? :)

17 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

(...)

Congrats on your progress for this month, it looks like you've been busy! :) Any plans on what your playing next?

(...)

Actually, when June theme's poll was being defined as "Series games", I decided to complete Sly 3 and Worms Crazy Golf (I have a personal goal: achieve at least a Platinum rank and a Golden Medal every month) - however, my plans made a twist when "FIFA" was used as an example of series games (for some reason, I was not associating "annual games" as "series games"... :facepalm:), and I decided to complete MotoGP 15 once for all. To make things better, I'd entered on a @SnowyWhiteFox777 boosting session and because of that I was able to complete Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.

Now I'm motivated to complete 2 more games for achieving a Golden Star on "4-games-in-a-month" challenge - they will be Worms Crazy Golf (if I complete all objectives of 3 holes per day, I will complete this game in a week) and Madden NFL 17 (there are only task-related trophies remaining; a weekend or two is enough to complete this one). Technically, I have some options that could be used to this month (like Sly 3, WRC 4 and Naruto UNS 4), but I prefer play them leisurely, so it's highly improbable they being completed this month... :lol:

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 3:29 PM, BillyHorrible said:

Rogue is pretty grindy yeah. The story is pretty straightforward (only six sequences) but the side stuff will keep you going for a while...

And another one satisfied with the BillyHorrible Seal Of Approval. I'm on fire with advising people what to play and what to watch these days!

Watched it again a few days ago myself, my wife decided to watch along. She thought it wad pretty decent to watch once, which is more than I expected from her. She also had some questions (like what the deal was with the "apple") so when I show the movie to other non-Creeders, I'll know what I'll have to explain beforehand.

On that note...

Ld3a753.png

Yup, obtained the platinum! Final stretch wasn't as big of a bother as I expected it to be. Especially the 100% synchronisation went by a lot quicker than I thought.

Trophy to use for this month (since I liked Rogue more than Liberation):

1S102c78.png

So that's another blue star in this month and a gold star for both the hardcore and event challenges.

Fun. Still, sounds worth playing - seems to be fairly decent and it doesn't have that stupid multiplayer grind.

Updated you, congrats on another game done!  :)

I've heard the movie was pretty confusing.

On 6/13/2017 at 7:06 AM, JoaoQuique said:

Actually, when June theme's poll was being defined as "Series games", I decided to complete Sly 3 and Worms Crazy Golf (I have a personal goal: achieve at least a Platinum rank and a Golden Medal every month) - however, my plans made a twist when "FIFA" was used as an example of series games (for some reason, I was not associating "annual games" as "series games"... :facepalm:), and I decided to complete MotoGP 15 once for all. To make things better, I'd entered on a @SnowyWhiteFox777 boosting session and because of that I was able to complete Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.

Now I'm motivated to complete 2 more games for achieving a Golden Star on "4-games-in-a-month" challenge - they will be Worms Crazy Golf (if I complete all objectives of 3 holes per day, I will complete this game in a week) and Madden NFL 17 (there are only task-related trophies remaining; a weekend or two is enough to complete this one). Technically, I have some options that could be used to this month (like Sly 3, WRC 4 and Naruto UNS 4), but I prefer play them leisurely, so it's highly improbable they being completed this month... :lol:

Very nice, glad it motivated you to cross off a few old ones.  :yay:

Not bad at all, sounds like you'll hit four this month without much trouble. Plenty of choices too, but there's no reason to force yourself to rush through.

@SyIaris @RizzleAbbey12

You mentioned some time ago to change one of th themes due to similarity to another one. I thought about a theme we hadn't yet: Genres.

Instead of chosing one of the suggestions for the random themes we could vote on the genre.Here are four vote options as an example.

• RPG/Platformer
  • Sports/Adventure
  • Action/Strategy
  • Shooter/Fighting

I would use two genres so people have a wider range to choose from, in case you really don't want to play a special genre.

The two genres could be changed but I think they are two totally different ones per option.

For reference about the genre we could use the info box on this site.

Let me now what you think about it.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@SyIaris @RizzleAbbey12

You mentioned some time ago to change one of th themes due to similarity to another one. I thought about a theme we hadn't yet: Genres.

Instead of chosing one of the suggestions for the random themes we could vote on the genre.Here are four vote options as an example.

• RPG/Platformer
  • Sports/Adventure
  • Action/Strategy
  • Shooter/Fighting

I would use two genres so people have a wider range to choose from, in case you really don't want to play a special genre.

The two genres could be changed but I think they are two totally different ones per option.

For reference about the genre we could use the info box on this site.

Let me now what you think about it.

Sounds like an interesting one to me, though @RizzleAbbey12 and I would need to discuss things. Part of the reason we cut November instead of July - much more time to work out a replacement and get opinions, since November had been on the list from the start.

I'd definitely be for more than one genre, since limiting it to one could easily lock people out.

Genres get kind of weird sometimes, though.  :blink:

I'm playing through InFamous, which is apparently "Shooter, Platform, Puzzle, Role-playing (RPG)" and not action like I would have guessed. I can't actually find an adventure game, though they should be somewhere... search by tag would be handy right about now.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Sounds like an interesting one to me, though @RizzleAbbey12 and I would need to discuss things. Part of the reason we cut November instead of July - much more time to work out a replacement and get opinions, since November had been on the list from the start.

I'd definitely be for more than one genre, since limiting it to one could easily lock people out.

Genres get kind of weird sometimes, though.  :blink:

I'm playing through InFamous, which is apparently "Shooter, Platform, Puzzle, Role-playing (RPG)" and not action like I would have guessed. I can't actually find an adventure game, though they should be somewhere... search by tag would be handy right about now.

I would say inFamous is action. I checked GTA Vice City out of curiosity and it is listed as Shooter here :blink:.

If we take this theme we should probably decide on the genre ourselves. I mean most games are clear which one they belong to. Even though nowadays many games are part of many different genres.

2 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I would say inFamous is action. I checked GTA Vice City out of curiosity and it is listed as Shooter here :blink:.

If we take this theme we should probably decide on the genre ourselves. I mean most games are clear which one they belong to. Even though nowadays many games are part of many different genres.

Yeah, I'm not even sure where Puzzle or RPG is supposed to come in. Just used it as an example, though.

What would you say it is? I would've guessed action/shooter/racing, but I've never played a GTA game.

Having a reference is still useful, just might work better with something like Wikipedia or Giantbomb.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Yeah, I'm not even sure where Puzzle or RPG is supposed to come in. Just used it as an example, though.

What would you say it is? I would've guessed action/shooter/racing, but I've never played a GTA game.

Having a reference is still useful, just might work better with something like Wikipedia or Giantbomb.

I would say the GTA series are action games. For me shooter are games like CoD, Battlefield and Wolfenstein. Plus many more of course.