What games are available on PS3/PS4/Vita where a bird (or other animal) wears headgear?

So, for those weirded out by the title... Long story...

For the Monthly Madness event, during an argument, a 'more creative' theme was asked for, and the first thing I thought of was "birds wearing hats". Now I started to think the idea is really fun and I'm trying to see if there's enough games in that section to actually warrant an idea like that.

Okay, well, not really a long story after all I guess :)

So, does anybody know any games where a bird wears some form of headgear? Bonus points if they're a chicken since I suggested that for the hardcore requirement. Can be an anthropomorphic bird actually wearing it, can be an animal that gets headgear put on/over it.

I may need to expand this to animals in general, with birds being the hardcore requirement if we don't get enough titles, so let's start naming those as well.

Known games where a chicken wears headgear:

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (PS3/Vita)

Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (PS4/Vita)

Known games where a bird wears headgear:

Angry Birds: Star Wars (PS4/PS3/Vita)

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4/PS3)

Rango (PS3)

Known games where non-bird animals wear headgear:

Angry Birds Trilogy (PS3/Vita)

Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4)

Kitten Squad (PS4)

Kung Fu Rabbit (PS3/Vita)

Octodad: Dadliest Catch (PS4/Vita)

Peggle 2 (only if the Jimmy Lightning DLC pack is played) (PS4)

Pix The Cat (PS4/Vita)

Sam & Max, all episodes (PS3)

Shütshimi (PS4/Vita)

Sly Cooper: all games (PS3/Vita)

South Park: The Stick Of Truth (PS4/PS3)

Worms Crazy Golf (PS3)

in Arkedo Series - 02 Swap! you have a cat (I think it's a cat?) wearing a crown, so that'd fit into category 3.

Beyond Good & Evil HD has rhinos that wear hats at the Mammago Garage

Does a Lombax count as an animal even though it's a fictional one? Because Ratchet wears a helmet quite often in the Ratchet & Clank series.

Yooka Laylee has Trowzer Snake, who wears a hat.

Edited by madbuk

DuckTales Remastered / Disney Afternoon Collection: Scrooge McDuck ;) 

Otherwise only Bears Can't Drift!? comes to my mind. As the name suggests it features bears but there collectible hats.

EDIT:
And the Sly Cooper-games. all three characters from the main crew wear headgear.

Edited by Crimson Idol

Just a note by the way, I might go updating the OP once in a while but I won't do this constantly.

25 minutes ago, madbuk said:

in Arkedo Series - 02 Swap! you have a cat (I think it's a cat?) wearing a crown, so that'd fit into category 3.

Beyond Good & Evil HD has rhinos that wear hats at the Mammago Garage

Does a Lombax count as an animal even though it's a fictional one? Because Ratchet wears a helmet quite often in the Ratchet & Clank series.

Yooka Laylee has Trowzer Snake, who wears a hat.

I'd say Ratchet doesn't count; he's not an animal but an alien being. Same thing goes for Jak & Daxter as they're not really officiall aliens but still non-Earthian beings, not really animals. I might count Daxter as 'ottsel' seems to count as animal in their own universe, though that's also not really true in the end, is it.

Personally I'd go with 'if it counts as animal in the universe it's set in, then okay', with the exception of anthropomorphic animals of course since they occasionally don't classify as animals within their own universe, but they still do for us.

16 minutes ago, TheLiamK said:

Chocobo's are technically birds so most ff games, not sure if you can customise them in the single player ff games but you can give them hats in FF14

Chocobo's would count as mounted birds in the FF universe so I'd say it could be counted.

12 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

DuckTales Remastered / Disney Afternoon Collection: Scrooge McDuck ;) 

Otherwise only Bears Can't Drift!? comes to my mind. As the name suggests it features bears but there collectible hats.

EDIT:
And the Sly Cooper-games. all three characters from the main crew wear headgear.

Shitsnacks, how could I forget about Scrooge?

And yeah, I mentioned Sly in the OP.

Edited by BillyHorrible

In Toe Jam & Earl, some enemies are chicken wearing helmets (and throwing tomatoes) xD

ToeJam-Earl-005-800x445.png

For other animals, some monkeys wear hats in Okami HD. Also this month free PS + game Spy Chameleon where the main character wears some kind of spy/burglar mask thing (not sure if it qualifies as headgear though).

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Shitsnacks, how could I forget about Scrooge?

And yeah, I mentioned Sly in the OP.

I also had to scroll through my game list to get reminded of this. And the Afternoon collection also features Darkwing Duck so there's even more birds with headgear, not to forget Chip & Chap and Tale Spin with Baloo. even falls in the other categories.

Didn't notice that you already listed the Sly-games.

But there's also another game-series that comes to my mind:
Hatoful Boyfriend

Spoiler

18909228744_91f9999747_b.jpg

There are multiple birds in the game with headgear. It's a visual novel so it's unlikely you would enjoy it, though. :P 

11 minutes ago, FrenchDevil54 said:

Also this month free PS + game Spy Chameleon where the main character wears some kind of spy/burglar mask thing (not sure if it qualifies as headgear though).

I saw that one in my list as well. Tempted to say it doesn't count as it only goes around his eyes and the definition of "headgear" seems to be only about stuff specifically designed to go on top of the head. So Daxter's thingie might not count either, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

It's a visual novel so it's unlikely you would enjoy it, though. :P

I've enjoyed visual novels before; I'd prefer them to give me actual choices to make though, and not just flip through pages like a literal novel; a choose-your-own-adventure type deal is the minimum for me.

It's not just for me though, this thread. I'm checking if there's enough games to warrant a theme for the Monthly Madness event. Don't have to enjoy them all myself, I'll just play Angry Birds, Dust, or Sly Cooper and be done with it. It's likely for the November theme, which is when I'm distracted by Super Mario Odyssey and Assassin's Creed Origins anyway.

... Come to think of it, I might just try to 100% Super Mario Odyssey since it would also count, for the animal theme at least, and non-trophy games are allowed as well. It's even Bowser in top hat, how cool would it be to have that one count for Monthly Madness @RizzleAbbey12!

2 hours ago, TheLiamK said:

Chocobo's are technically birds so most ff games, not sure if you can customise them in the single player ff games but you can give them hats in FF14

Yeah, specifically Chocolina in Final Fantasy 13-2. You can give the Chocobos you tame adornments as well. I'm pretty sure you can equip a hat.

Edited by Edunstar84

Wanna see...

• Any Kingdom Hearts (I think) - technically (at least) Goofy and Donald are animals...
  • Any One Piece game - due to Chopper (maybe sometimes Carue and/or Pappug);
  • Any Worms game - every Worms game allows you to custom headgears;
  • Crash Bandicoot games that will be released;
  • Child of Light - one of companions is a rat/mouse and wears a hat;
  • Battle Fantasia - Watson wears a hat;
  • Rayman Origins/Legends - some foe birds wears a kind of helmet;
  • Probably any Kung Fu Panda game;

On the "maybe" section:

• If we consider Atelier franchise's Dusk series' homunculus as an animal, in Atelier Shallie Homura wears a hat;
  • If we consider Shampurus (Mugen Souls) as an animal (a kind of rabbit), there are headgeared Shampurus on Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z;
  • If we consider Prinnies and Slumber Cats from DIsgaea series, sometimes some of their kind wears some kind of hat (I will not be able to say when...);

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Chocobo's would count as mounted birds in the FF universe so I'd say it could be counted.

World of Final Fantasy lets your chocobos wear other monsters (and even the main characters) as hats.

Also in Sly 2 Arpeggio is a bird who wears a hat.

Parappa 1 and 2 have animals in hats.

Bloons TD5 has monkeys in hats.

Edited by kuuhaku

7 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

What games are available on PS3/PS4/Vita where a bird (or other animal) wears headgear?

futuramafry.jpg

...I'm gonna look into my backlog to see if I've played any that fit. xD

EDIT: ...Are predators an Animal...?
hqdefault.jpg

Edited by LeetWolf2
  • Like 2

Games listed in green are ones that feature birds with hats, the rest are other animals:

Assassin's Creed III (Turkey Assassin is an easter egg where there is a turkey with an assassin hood)

Beyond Good & Evil HD (Multiple animal characters in the game wear hats)

Call of Duty: Ghosts (A dog named Riley wears combat gear that covers his head)

Catherine (Some sheep in the game are seen wearing hats)

Code: Realize - Guardian of Rebirth (A dog named Sisi wears a hat every now and then)
Disney's DuckTales: Remastered (Multiple animal characters wear hats, including ducks)
Disney Infinity Series (Multiple playable characters are animals and some wear hats)
  • Disney Infinity: Infinite Possibilities, Endless Fun.
  • Disney Infinity 2.0
  • Disney Infinity 3.0

Draw Slasher (Monkey Pirates wear eyepatches, bandannas, helmets)

Goat Simulator (You can play as an Ostrich and wear hats)

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (Multiple animal characters wear hats)

Hungry Giraffe (You play as a giraffe that can wear hardhats)

Jak and Daxter Series (Daxter is some form of animal and wears goggles on his head)

• Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
  • Jak II
  • Jak 3

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain (Your pet wolf DD can be equipped with gear including head and eyewear)

MouseCraft (The cat scientist wears head gear)

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale (Multiple animal characters wear hats)

Shütshimi: Seriously Swole (You play as a fish who can wear hats and glasses)

Sly Cooper Series (Multiple animal characters in the series wear hats or other headgear)

• Bentley's Hackpack
  • Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
  • Sly 2: Band of Thieves
  • Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Sonic The Hedgehog Series (Multiple animal characters wear headgear)

• Sonic Adventure
  • Sonic Adventure 2
  • Sonic CD
  • Sonic Generations 
  • Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
  • Sonic The Fighters
  • Sonic Unleashed
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 
  • Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing 

Tekken Series (Multiple animal characters can be customised to wear headgear)

• Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Tekken 6
  • Tekken 7
Edited by LeetWolf2

Hmm, just thought of two more I've played.

Minecraft -- you can tame a horse and put armor on it, which also covers it's head

http://minecraft.wikia.com/wiki/File:Horse.JPG

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain -- one of your possible companions for missions is a dog (D-Dog) and you can gear him up, including giving him some armor with a helmet & goggles.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/File:D-Dog_Battledress.jpg

3 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain -- one of your possible companions for missions is a dog (D-Dog) and you can gear him up, including giving him some armor with a helmet & goggles.

Too slow, chicken marengo! :dance:

2 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

Check the timestamps.  I posted before your edit.  1f609.png

<.<
>.> no one will ever know

Tbf, I was grabbing the pictures at the time you posted and figured I'd just include it anyway ^_^

Edited by LeetWolf2

Well, I'd update the OP but I think we're getting more than enough suggestions to warrant a theme.

@RizzleAbbey12, @SyIaris, consider this my next entry for Monthly Madness, please :)

I now really hope this theme gets chosen for November and that Super Mario Odyssey won't get delayed, using a hat-throwing game for this theme would be brilliant!

Personally I'd make the following decisions:

• Anthropomorphic animals count as well as regular animals.
  • No aliens or other non-Earthean made up beings, so no Ratchet, Predator or Argonians. I know, I know, technically 'human' is an animal species so every living being is an animal but let's not go there, we all know what is meant.
  • Exception to the rule above: creatures that obviously count as animals within their own setting, like Chocobos from Final Fantasy.
  • Headgear needs to be actual headgear, so on top of the head. glasses and masks that don't go over the head don't count. Stuff that's part of a larger one piece costume does not count, so for example armour does not count unless the helmet is an item separate from the rest of the armour.
  • Like 2

TMNT Mutants in Manhattan? Bebop wearing glasses and Rocksteady wearing some army helmet... thing. PlayStation All Stars/Move Heroes, as both games feature Sly Cooper and Bentley the Turtle?

Edited by auscomando
Additional Information

9 minutes ago, auscomando said:

TMNT Mutants in Manhattan? Bebop wearing glasses and Rocksteady wearing some army helmet... thing.

Bebop and Rocksteady are humans though, they've been mutated with animal DNA but their identities are explicitly human.

The Turtles themselves are actual turtles who have been mutated though, so Turtles In Manhattan could count... if you have the DLC that adds headgear for two fo them :)

tmnt1-770x511_c.jpg

I''l keep the thread open if people want to think up more stuff but I don't think it is needed for the event any more, we've got enough for a "animals wearing headgear" theme with "birds wearing headgear" as the hardcore requirement. Or perhaps the hardcore requirement should be "non-anthropomorphic animals wearing headgear"...