Limited Run Games Upcoming Releases

TechnicalPixel

Thanks @DPatriot.

This one has been in upcoming releases for as long as I can remember and I've always been unsure on whether I would get it or not once a release date was revealed.

Now I'm still unsure, seems like an above average ARPG where the biggest strength is in making custom spells. Negatives are that the rest of it can start to feel quite bland after a while.

I'll wait to see what the price is, I might be tempted at $24.99 but not if it's set at $34.99

Funny thing is that they initially teased with "one of the biggest PS4-projects" to be on sale this Friday. :D 

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5073

(Initial post is updated but many still refer to "biggest PS4-project")

According to the Google Calendar they plan to release Dragon Sinker on October 26th and and Rabi-Ribi on November 9th. Well, seems like they weren't the first to release it physical after all, considering that the PEGI-release is available since last year:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=limitedrungames.com_eu1vj3l8os8v78579kernp6c8g%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York

17 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Funny thing is that they initially teased with "one of the biggest PS4-projects" to be on sale this Friday. :D 

Yes their Upcoming Releases section certainly raised my eyebrows when they said that. I've been checking back each day with anticipation to find out what it could be and, erm, well.

25 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I´m personally still waiting for their M2 announcement to see what it is. I assume its Battle Garegga but hope its other releases as well!

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

According to the Google Calendar they plan to release Dragon Sinker on October 26th and and Rabi-Ribi on November 9th. Well, seems like they weren't the first to release it physical after all, considering that the PEGI-release is available since last year:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=limitedrungames.com_eu1vj3l8os8v78579kernp6c8g%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York

Would be interesting to know how much they're going to charge for Rabi-Ribi, as you can get the PEGI PS4 version for ~15€ at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.de/PQube-Rabi-Ribi/dp/B071J1K7TR/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539768186&sr=8-1&keywords=rabi+ribi

I would also love to see Forma.8 and Icey happening anytime soon. I'm waiting for the release of these games for a while now.

57 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

Would be interesting to know how much they're going to charge for Rabi-Ribi, as you can get the PEGI PS4 version for ~15€ at Amazon.

The USK-version even goes for 10€ sometimes. According to their "standards" (for PS4/Vita: minimum of $25, but at least $10 higher than normal download price) they will probably charge $40 for the PS4 and $35 for the Vita-version. Sure it's a fun game but in comparison to the normal PEGI (which had a RRP of 30€) it's overpriced. 

• Like 1

Yeah I'm gonna word it in a family friendly way this time. The guys at LRG have proven themselves to be the incapable amateurs they are once more.

Announcing an additional game hours before sale.

Messing up the postage in the checkout process.

Communicating via Twitter and leaving customers using the forum or the main website in the dark.

LRG's way of (not) handling things is ludicrous.

And my deleted initial statement also applies to any snowflake not being able to deal with individual opinions or being triggered by explicit statements.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

Yeah I'm gonna word it in a family friendly way this time. The guys at LRG have proven themselves to be the incapable amateurs they are once more.

Announcing an additional game hours before sale.

Messing up the postage in the checkout process.

Communicating via Twitter and leaving customers using the forum or the main website in the dark.

LRG's way of (not) handling things is ludicrous.

And my deleted initial statement also applies to any snowflake not being able to deal with individual opinions or being triggered by explicit statements.

May i ask why you don't take it up with them instead? I understand that you had/have problem with them. 

And don't take it the wrong way but you add nothing to the topic. 

56 minutes ago, DPatriot said:

May i ask why you don't take it up with them instead? I understand that you had/have problem with them. 

And don't take it the wrong way but you add nothing to the topic. 

To be fair though this week has been a mess and it annoyed me more than anything else. They just need to keep "Upcoming Releases" up to date so we can prepare and get excited for the day of release.

For me it didn't matter, I was only interested in Mages of Mystralia but I don't think it was worth the money they were asking, so nothing this time.

Can't wait for Forma 8, Icey, Nuclear Throne and Sundered.

20 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

How's that? Cause everyone already knows about their shady practises you mean?

Again. I understand you had problems with them and you are definitely not only one. But ranting here about it gets you nowhere. Thats why i said better to contact them via Twitter or so. 

4 hours ago, DPatriot said:

Again. I understand you had problems with them and you are definitely not only one. But ranting here about it gets you nowhere. Thats why i said better to contact them via Twitter or so. 

Not sure why you'd think I was looking for support from LRG here. This is a thread about LRG and their releases and I simply stated some facts about LRG and their most recent release. That's all.

Edited by fastflowdaman

I was really tempted to get the Outlast games on Switch despite already having them elsewhere... but I'd be lying if I said them being sold separately is a bit of a put-off.  Was hoping for a one case situation like the Outlast Trilogy on PS4, ideally similar price-wise too.  May just save the money there (or spend a little extra on the CE if it seems worth it).  The Outlast games are pretty badass and that artwork is sweet.

Edited by Dreakon13

• 2 weeks later...