Limited Run Games Upcoming Releases

TechnicalPixel

Switch release #1/Thimbleweed Park aside, which I ordered more on principle of getting their first Switch release than actually liking the game... it feels like LRG haven't had a big release in a while.  Few high profile releases and fewer that really blow the gates off.

• 1 month later...

As grateful as I am for physical copies of a lot of these, LRGs is pissing me off more and more. If Cosmic Star Heroine is 2 per costumer, I’m going to be very annoyed. They need to stop doing that shit. Scalpers always get the grubby hands on stuff easier this way. 

And I say this as a person who has gotten every game I’ve wanted thus far, other than Jotun and I missed that because I totally forgot about it coming out so it was my fault. 

And why does switch get so many preorders? Why couldn’t they do this for Vita or PS4 (Skullgirls aside)? And why would PixelJunk Monsters get preorders over stuff like Oddworld, or CSH? Nonsense. 

• Like 2

Man, I was all about getting RUINER from SpecialReserveGames yesterday but the site crashed as soon as orders were supposed to open, so they postponed it.  Limited Run Games has their variant on sale today, but I'd rather get it from SRG since I like how the box art looks better (and I'd like that art book that the first 500 orders get if I'm lucky enough).

But I don't know when SRG is going to reschedule their release to.  Which is dumb because they said in their statement on Twitter after the crash and taking their site down, that they'd have more info for us sometime yesterday (5/15).  Since that's come and gone... now I'm left kinda wondering if I should try for the LRG release just to lock in a copy, in case I miss SRG's rescheduled time (though I doubt I would, I keep up pretty well with this stuff).

On 5/15/2018 at 5:53 AM, Elvick_ said:

As grateful as I am for physical copies of a lot of these, LRGs is pissing me off more and more. If Cosmic Star Heroine is 2 per costumer, I’m going to be very annoyed. They need to stop doing that shit. Scalpers always get the grubby hands on stuff easier this way. 

And I say this as a person who has gotten every game I’ve wanted thus far, other than Jotun and I missed that because I totally forgot about it coming out so it was my fault. 

And why does switch get so many preorders? Why couldn’t they do this for Vita or PS4 (Skullgirls aside)? And why would PixelJunk Monsters get preorders over stuff like Oddworld, or CSH? Nonsense. 

As someone who generally prefers the old, non-preorder style since it usually means less copies in circulation... which makes the copy in my collection more rare/valuable (which is half the reason to collect anything), selfish as that may be... I'm warming up to the preorders.  Fortunately my job gives me enough flexibility to get away for a few minutes here and there to participate in those limited release windows, so either way works for me.  It's nice that everyone who wants a copy can get one though, while still maintaining the "spirit" of limited/collectors releases since they're gone when preorders close.  Hopefully they do it more often going forward.  (EDIT: Two week preorder windows always felt a little long to me.  I'd prefer 48 hours.)

I'm guessing a lot of this is probably left to the developers or Sony/Nintendo to decide.  Frustrating as it is, it's important they are flexible and cultivate these business relationships.

Edited by Dreakon13

1 hour ago, hugglebunn-e said:

Grabbed a copy of Ruiner today. Woohoo.

Can't believe I actually got a copy.  Considering I've been legally obligated to have zero access to the internet the majority of this week, it was horrible timing to have SpecialReserveGames doing everything they could to wrap this up now.  Definitely thought there was no way I'd get it.  It was sheer luck that I got out a little early from my engagements today, got to my phone in just a nick of time to order one.

Think I managed to get the art book too, actually. :)  Assuming they're still doing that for the first 500 purchasers.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Can't believe I actually got a copy.  Considering I've been legally obligated to have zero access to the internet the majority of this week, it was horrible timing to have SpecialReserveGames doing everything they could to wrap this up now.  Definitely thought there was no way I'd get it.  It was sheer luck that I got out a little early from my engagements today, got to my phone in just a nick of time to order one.

Think I managed to get the art book too, actually. :)  Assuming they're still doing that for the first 500 purchasers.

Glad it is over. I was really feeling sorry for SRG there. Everything was going wrong for them. An f-ing train wreck.

2 hours ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

i just snagged a copy of Cosmic Stare Heroine myself. That will be my 4th Limited Run game, i did not know about them earlier so i missed a couple of games.

I have been able to grab most the games I am interested in off of ebay for a reasonable cost. You just have to be patient.

10 hours ago, hugglebunn-e said:

I have been able to grab most the games I am interested in off of ebay for a reasonable cost. You just have to be patient.

true, i got Shadow Complex for a decent price but Shante is crazy high. I need to recheck their site and see if there were any others i missed. Waiting for Salt and Sanctuary as they have it listed as coming soon. Would like to see Hellblade: Setsuna's Revenge I planned to get that one until they went digital only.

Only thing I missed that I wanted was Jotun, totally spaced on it the day it came out. And missed both times. :( Everything else I've gotten. Still regret missing out on that one, and still too bitter to grab it digitally lol.

Picked up Antiquia Lost, I like Kemco's games even if they're just "okay". Vita version, seems most prefer them on Vita since those always sell out faster than PS4. And I'll preorder CSH later when I finally decide if I want to order PixelJunk Monsters 2 or not. I'm happy that they're finally doing more preorders for things that aren't Switch.

Edited by Elvick_

https://www.dualshockers.com/limited-run-games-e3-2018-announcements/

• Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (Nintendo Switch) – Available now, orders open until July 11th
  • Read Only Memories: Collector’s Edition (PS Vita physical) – June 29th, 2018
  • VA-11 HALL-A: Collector’s Edition (PS Vita physical) – June 29th, 2018
  • Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition (Nintendo Switch physical) – July 2018, pre-orders begin Friday, July 6th
  • Observer (PS4 physical) – July 2018
  • Salt and Sanctuary (PS4/PS Vita physical) – August 24th, 2018
  • Cosmic Star Heroine (Nintendo Switch physical and digital) – Digital release in August, physical TBA
  • Yooka-Laylee (Nintendo Switch physical) – August 2018
  • Golf Story (Nintendo Switch physical) – September 2018
  • Layers of Fear: Legacy (Nintendo Switch physical) – October 2018
  • Thumper (PS4/Nintendo Switch physical) – July 2018
  • Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! – Full Course Edition (PS Vita physical) – Summer 2018
  • Exile’s End (PS4/PS Vita physical) – Summer 2018
  • Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds Overdrive (PS4/PS Vita physical) – Summer 2018
  • Iconoclasts (PS4/PS Vita physical) – Q3 2018
  • The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants Edition (PS4/PS Vita digital and physical – Q1 2019
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail (Nintendo Switch physical) – TBA
  • Spelunky (PS4/PS Vita physical) – TBA

Damn guys...

These ones I'll definitely be picking up:

Oceanhorn (Switch)

Observer (PS4)

Yooka-Laylee (Switch)

Golf Story (Switch)

Layers Of Fear (I thought this was confirmed on PS4 but maybe I'm wrong)

Iconoclasts (PS4, surprised there isn't a Switch release)

Dust: An Elysian Tail (Switch)

My wallet is crying already.

Edited by Dreakon13

On 11.6.2018 at 10:47 PM, Dreakon13 said:

Iconoclasts (PS4, surprised there isn't a Switch release)

I assume it will be similar to various other games and will get a physical Switch-version after the game is brought over to the console. AFAIK the dev announced that he will bring it to Switch later this year so I assume there will be a physical Switch-version in Q4 2018/Q1 2019.

About the list:
I'm glad that they finally announced a release for Va11 Hall-A. Although it wasn't overwhelming it was still a good VN to read. The only new announcements that really interest me are The House in Fata Morgana and Phantom Breaker. From the Switch-games I'm interested in Dust only, as I already have preordered copies of CSH for PS4 & Vita and I don't really care for the rest.

Edited by Crimson Idol