Kill Your Completion - CYOA

5 hours ago, mking_63 said:

This event finished at the end of July and it looks like the next one will begin in November. Most likely a new thread will pop up a couple of days before November 1st and most posts in this thread will be event related chat and people posting further thoughts on games they played for the event that they made more progress on.

Idle hands... :(

Oh well, it will give me time to get 100% completion on a couple more games and bump up the account to 100% complete on 40 games. :)

Also give me time to perfect the list of games I plan on doing.

I still have five games to plat from the previous KYC. I've been playing Persona 5 for 60 hours now, I think I'm getting closer to the end of the story. The 2nd playthrough won't be very speed-runny either as I still have to max out most of the Confidants. But the game is fun to play and that's what matters. :)

Still haven't gone back to Oreshika though...

• Like 2

Just now, Hemiak said:

While it's on my mind. Did people like the freedom from the last event, or should we return to the 10 for 3 formula? 

I did the original formula for the past events but if I am to participate in November, I'd like to do only 5 games. Life is kinda getting in the way  :) 

On 04/10/2017 at 8:10 PM, Hemiak said:

While it's on my mind. Did people like the freedom from the last event, or should we return to the 10 for 3 formula? 

What @Jaguargenie said.

Personally, I like your reenvisioning of the event, it allows for much more flexibility while still being true to the heart of the event series.

As all I want is one last good dive of all my unstarted games to see how much I don't have to bother with, more freedom is also pretty much in line with my own plans.

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

What @Jaguargenie said.

Personally, I like your reenvisioning of the event, it allows for much more flexibility while still being true to the heart of the event series.

As all I want is one last good dive of all my unstarted games to see how much I don't have to bother with, more freedom is also pretty much in line with my own plans.

How many unstarted games to do have at the moment? You're going to try them all? That could be epic :D 

For the briefest of times, I was back to my completion percent. And then Xcom happened... love that game!

So if we are going the same way as last time I am going to continue my bastardization of the idea that @BillyHorrible had and play each game for 3 hours, stop and then move on. This gave me a lot more flexibilty to move between games without a set date requirement. With vacation, I was still able to get 9 games in last time. So with the Thanksgiving holiday during that month, I should still be able to do the same. I also tried to vary the genres as best as I can. Here is my tentative list for this upcoming KYC, assuming the format remains the same:

- Banner Saga (strategy)

- Marvel Heroes Omega (beat 'em up)

- Ratchet and Clank (action)

- Salt and Sanctuary (2d platformer)

- Darkest Dungeon (???)

- Shadow Complex (metroidvania)

- Undertale (rpg)

- Dying Light (FP action)

- Crysis 3 (FPS)

- Swindle (roguelike)

This is a list I might never recover from, so I might do some tweaking to minimize that destruction of my completion, but for the time being, this is what I'm looking at. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Myu said:

How many unstarted games to do have at the moment? You're going to try them all? That could be epic :D 

I don't know but I'm over ten, maybe over twenty. This is including PS+ games. I might decide to also include games of PS+ I'm only semi interested in, just to give them a chance - I've had it happen before that I started a game that I didn't really like beforehand yet I loved it when I actually started it. Good example: Flame Over.

I think that if I dive deep down in the bowels of my PS+ library games, I could come up with one unplayed game for thirty days in a row, and that's only PS4, not even counting PS3 (which I might get rid of soon to be able to focus on Switch and PS4 playing).

Of this month's PS+ offerings, I added Amnesia and Sky Force to my backlog.

These are the games I'm interested in playing for the next event (and they say Vita is dead :P ) : 

Ray Gigant 
Criminal Girls 2
Ys : Celceta
Trails of Cold Steel
Dungeon Travelers
meiQ

They are probably more or less from the same category and I have no idea about their difficulty level or the number of hours required to plat them. I should probably check that beforehand to avoid another deadly combination. v.v

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Myu said:

These are the games I'm interested in playing for the next event (and they say Vita is dead :P ) : 

Ray Gigant 
Criminal Girls 2
Trails of Cold Steel
Dungeon Travelers
meiQ

They are probably more or less from the same category and I have no idea about their difficulty level or the number of hours required to plat them. I should probably check that beforehand to avoid another deadly combination. v.v

I'm quite enjoying Ray Gigant so far, although I only am in chapter 3 so far. It definitely has me more interested than Mind=0 which I played for about the same duration.

I'll stick to the 10 games again this time around, although I have only decided on the following so far.

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

Mafia 3

Aragami

Battlefield Hardline

In other news, I have been making good progress in Apotheon from the last event. I'm now in the final area of the game, so it's basically ready to be wrapped up. It would've been a great game, if they would have bothered to fix the crashes and the clipping into walls glitches. That not being the case it's just a good game.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Myu said:

Ray Gigant 
Criminal Girls 2
Trails of Cold Steel
Dungeon Travelers
meiQ

Ys: MoC - easy peasy

Dungeon Travelers - lots of difficulty spikes and a 20,000 kill trophy

meiQ - easy but grindy, maybe long great UR trophies though

ToC - moderate and long, upwards to 100 hours

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myu said:

Ray Gigant 
Criminal Girls 2
Trails of Cold Steel
Dungeon Travelers
meiQ

Ys: MoC isn't a hard plat, but requires two playthroughs minimum.  There is a trophy for beating the game on nightmare difficulty, but you can do this on NG+ and carry everything over which is pretty easy.  The game itself is maybe 20 hours to beat on a first run, longer to get all the stuff needed for the plat.  You're probably looking at 40-60 hours total.  I platted the game in a bit over a week of pretty intense playing, as in playing it nearly every moment I could when not at work.  Only other games I'd plat that fast are VNs.  It is the easiest plat of the series though and a good intro to the series if you've never played an Ys game before.

Trails of Cold Steel is another that requires two playthroughs, but your single playthrough is going to be about 50 hours and it also requires beating on nightmare but allows a NG+ with carrying over levels and such.  Thing is, this game is a bit more brutal on nightmare and will be pretty rough towards the end, but very doable.  Make sure to get the free DLC you can get because those shining pom baits you can get for free were a godsend at the end of nightmare difficulty since mostly you need more levels on the final boss and those will give them to you fast.  You're looking at roughly 100 hours.

Both are very enjoyable games though so I think they are great additions that you'll enjoy going back to plat, or may not even want to put down.  Haven't played the others, but I've heard Ray Gigant isn't too lengthy either.

As far as the question about the choices, I did like it and wanted to participate in this one with 5 games, but July was just a bad month for me period.  Probably won't be around for November either since I'm trying to finish some completion goals by the end of the year and don't want to be starting more new games, plus I also am still lacking in unstarted games because everything I've bought recently I'm either playing now, already platted, or still waiting on it to arrive and will play it the moment it does.  I do have a PS4 now, so by March I should have a much better selection of games to play, and more than one game for the PS4 as well.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Battlefield Hardline

I just ordered that. Lol. Might play it, as long as there's nothing wrong with my copy. 

I slogged through Falling Skies, and that's been about it. I've mostly been playing new stuff, or cleaning up really old stuff. The RNG was against me in Falling Skies, so I may never get the Plat.. But at least I made it through to the end. 

Not really sure what all I'm going to play, yet. But I know I don't want to add a bunch of JRPGs. ^^' Games of that nature with D ranks, are starting to pile up on my profile. So I'm thinking of just playing one: Fairy Fencer F. Been interested in that one for awhile. 

36 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I just ordered that. Lol. Might play it, as long as there's nothing wrong with my copy.

I've had it in my backlog for quite a while now, so I think it's time to finally try it out and see what all the fuss is about. I doubt it's as bad as everyone made it out to be.

10 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I've had it in my backlog for quite a while now, so I think it's time to finally try it out and see what all the fuss is about. I doubt it's as bad as everyone made it out to be.

You might think otherwise, after grinding 40,000 kills. :P But I doubt it, as well. I liked the demo. Probably just not as good as 3 & 4, so it got hate. I'm not even sure I want to play those ones, though. I liked the Bad Company games. That's all I've played of Battlefield. Unless you count Battlefront. Lol.

Thanks everyone for the info! Two games with a +100 hour plat. Sounds...fun? 

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

Not really sure what all I'm going to play, yet. But I know I don't want to add a bunch of JRPGs. ^^' Games of that nature with D ranks, are starting to pile up on my profile. So I'm thinking of just playing one: Fairy Fencer F. Been interested in that one for awhile. 

Fairy Fencer f is a nice enough game. Very similar to the Hyper Nepnep series battle and dungeon-wise but with more interesting characters and a rather decent plot. Quite grindy towards the end though.

14 minutes ago, Myu said:

Fairy Fencer f is a nice enough game. Very similar to the Hyper Nepnep series battle and dungeon-wise but with more interesting characters and a rather decent plot. Quite grindy towards the end though.

That sounds cool. I enjoy the Neptunia games, so sounds right up my alley. 

Hem,

I would vote for the 10 games/3 days format and keep the Choose Your Own Adventure as a special event for the summer. But, it's just my opinion, I'm game for either format.

BTW - Anyone up for doing Truck Racer from PS+ in the event? I'm hoping to find a boosting partner for a few MP trophies.

Don't mind me, just checking if I can get to thirty games I would like to start but haven't obtained any trophies in...

Added titles that aren't actually part of my backlog but which I got on PS+ nontheless; need to broaden my horizons if I want to make it to 30.

First three are games I deliberately bought, the rest is PS+.

Trying to keep to PS4 in case I sell my PS3. Also not adding Jak1 and South Park 1 since I have played them before already. Will add them at a later point if I don't get to 30 games I actually want to start.

1. Darksiders
  2. Darksiders 2
  3. Leo's Fortune
  4. Aaru's Awakening
  5. Amnesia Collection
  6. Galak-Z
  7. Hatoful Boyfriend
  8. Hyper Void
  9. Lumo
  10. Nom Nom Galaxy
  11. Rebel Galaxy
  12. Rocket League
  13. Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell
  14. Sky Force Anniversary
  15. Stealth Inc 2
  16. The Swindle
  17. Tower Of Guns
  18. Transistor

Hmmmm... Not nearly as much as I hoped for. This is just everything already in my backlog and everything I decided to download a few days ago when checking my purchase history.

Checking the PS+ list to see what I can add, like Spelunky...

1. Alienation (think this was the game I promised to play anyways)
  2. Downwell
  3. LittleBigPlanet 3
  4. Spelunky

Shit. Well, looks like I'm probably adding Jak1 and South Park 1 to see if they hold up on the PS4 (and for SP1, just after playing SP2). I should also do a double check to see if there really isn't anything more in the PS+ section that I could play.

Edit: must not forget that I'm getting Star Wars Battlefront II in November as well.

Edited by BillyHorrible

16 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

My backlog on X360 was insane which is why I now try never having more than ten purchased backlog games per console.

I think it's gotten a lot worse for me, since I started trophy hunting. I have unstarted/unfinished games on most devices, but it's not 100+..