Kill Your Completion - CYOA

2 hours ago, Cubone said:

As said above, I was talking about the announcement, not the availability. For you the announcement is almost always on the last Wednesday but I'm in an earlier time zone, I often don't know until Thursday. Though they have been regular in the past few months.

Aren't you from the Netherlands? There's the same time as in Germany and I always know the new games on Wednesdays. :dunno:

3 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Aren't you from the Netherlands? There's the same time as in Germany and I always know the new games on Wednesdays. :dunno:

Yeah, the past few months have been on time but last year and before that, often enough they were later with the announcements. The past few months it has been Wednesday afternoon/evening but it's not always that way.

Edited by Cubone

2 hours ago, Cubone said:

Yeah, the past few months have been on time but last year and before that, often enough they were later with the announcements. The past few months it has been Wednesday afternoon/evening but it's not always that way.

Whereabouts in the Netherlands are you?  I had the pleasure of doing the Four Day March in Nijmegen in 2000 plus some wandering around Amsterdam, Arnhem, Apeldoorn and a few other places that didn't start with A.  Had a chance to get back in 2009 but had some short term health issues that interfered.  Unfortunately, I had to back out and haven't had the opportunity to get back since.

4 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Whereabouts in the Netherlands are you?  I had the pleasure of doing the Four Day March in Nijmegen in 2000 plus some wandering around Amsterdam, Arnhem, Apeldoorn and a few other places that didn't start with A.  Had a chance to get back in 2009 but had some short term health issues that interfered.  Unfortunately, I had to back out and haven't had the opportunity to get back since.

I'm from Sweet Lake City (Zoetermeer), just east of The Hague. Once my wife finishes her degree (she started a follow-up part-time study two years ago) we actually want to move to Gelderland, the province where Arnhem and Apeldoorn are. The countryside is great there. 

I did the 'Vierdaagse' in 2011. That was a mistake - the walking was fine but I freaked because of how many people kept walking around me, I expected it to spread out but that wasn't really the case.

One last completed game before the next event. 

Lfad333.png

Don't think I will be able to plat it before Wednesday, but I just finished it, and it's one of the best games I've played in years. In fact, best since Last of Us. 

I've been slow rolling it to stretch out the experience and it was so worth it. The story was so great (even though I was waiting for a twist that never happened). It was obvious that they spent a huge amount of time on the more of this world. It's a crazy story, but all of it makes sense (minus the whole "biomass conversion") thing. Pretty sure that one has zero scientific basis. 

The characters are great. Aloy is voiced so well and their facial animation/mocap is just astounding! 

Anyone that hasn't played this yet just to. Just has to!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Melanogaster1987 said:

Resogun (At end of KYC3, was 64% complete. Now 67% complete)

Tried to get through on medium difficulty again a few more times; I still can't beat it, although at least I can now pass the first 2 levels consistently. Got the trophy for reaching a 10x score multiplier, and came close to getting the 15x multiplier trophy too. Going to need a lot more practice before I can pick up the Platinum, but it remains an exceptionally fun challenge.

If u wanna try and get the experienced run through in co-op let me know. I still haven't been able to complete it by myself yet either!

3 hours ago, Melanogaster1987 said:

Well, looks like a few days turned into a few months! Still, better late than never, so before I embark on KYC5, here is how I've been progressing with the 18 games I selected for KYC3 and KYC4:

And I thought I was the only one that still had so many games left. I think I have about 8 left. 

On 27-10-2017 at 5:06 PM, Jaguargenie said:

Great, great list. inFamous is one of my favorite ps3 games. Shadow of Mordor is just amazing. 

I also think you should add Fallout to your list. It's on mine for this event. Just saying... 

I'll think about exchanging the dues ex for fallout 4! ?

On 27-10-2017 at 8:26 PM, Ditto said:

Like Voodoo said, I think the first inFAMOUS may feel dated. I was pretty impressed with it at the time, but the sequel was such a massive improvement, I'm afraid to go back and try to Plat it. :/

I liked X-2 back in the day. Haven't gotten around to replaying it, yet.

Mass Effect was one of my favorite series on Xbox. Definitely worth playing.

Root Letter was really good, in my opinion. Any story that makes me cry earns a high rating from me. 

Mordor is awesome. Played that in one of these events.

Don't have an opinion on the rest.

I'm just going to try, if I don't I've bought the triology for nothing.. and that's a shame :(

a looong looooooong time ago, I once I've started it on ps2.. But my mind was all over the place so don't really remember that much..

You are going to get me hyped for Root letter, and thinking about exchaning the mordor game for one of other games of the list. 

On 27-10-2017 at 11:24 PM, mking_63 said:

I enjoyed FFX2, maybe not as much as FFX story-wise but I certainly found it less grindy. That last grind in FFX to get all the orbs required to fill out everyone's crystarium or whatever they called it, fighting the same group of dudes over and over again was just brutal. X took me 2 months, 1 week whereas X2 took 3 weeks, 5 days. I liked that little bonus roguelike dungeon they threw in X2 but I don't remember really getting stuck on it, if I had to replay it a bunch of times I'm sure it would've got old fast.

I've been playing Spectre Knight's campaign, going through the various feats. I'm hoping to have the second trophy for that ready to pop for my 4000th trophy milestone. I'm doing the run without health or magic upgrades, I just beat Shield Knight last night. That was probably the hardest fight as you don't have access to the artifact that regenerates health. Not that the speed run or new game+ run will be cakewalks. :lol:

Final Fantasy X is one of my favourite games indeed. Going to see how ffx-2 suits me :).

good luck with getting that trophy for your milestone =) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Melanogaster1987 said:

Well, looks like a few days turned into a few months! Still, better late than never, so before I embark on KYC5, here is how I've been progressing with the 18 games I selected for KYC3 and KYC4: 

Assassin's Creed II (At end of KYC3, was 25% complete. Now 25% complete)

Haven't played any more of this. Really should get back to it, though, as I still have most of the games in the franchise festering away in my backlog.

The Golf Club (At end of KYC3, was 16% complete. Now 17% complete)

Only played one more round of golf since KYC3 ended, appropritely enough, trying out Augusta National during Masters week. It was an extremely accurate recreation of the course, illustrating the power of the game's course creator. Unfortunately, my round also illustrated one of The Golf Club's big problems - no option to change the speed of the greens. I played a near-perfect round from tee to green, but ended up shooting 18 over par because I just couldn't control my putts. I think I will stick to courses that were made with slow greens until I get a lot better with the putter - much less frustrating. I still haven't got around to making my own course with the editor yet. That's something I really do want to try at some point... when I can motivate myself to put in the amount of work it'll take to make an entire course that plays well.

The Crew (At end of KYC4, was 5% complete. Now 5% complete)

Played a little bit more of this (another mission or two), but no new trophies earned. Discovered, to my annoyance, just how much of this game is locked away if you don't buy DLC. I have driven miles out of my way to try and access both the police car dealership and the motorcycle dealer, only to get a nasty surprise upon reaching the destination! Many of the cars offered in the regular dealership are DLC only too, so I'm still on my first car. Perfectly playable racer, but the DLC paywall has left a bad taste in my mouth.

A few comments,

ACII - Stick with it. The game holds up pretty well for being 6-7 years old. I played it the PS4 version this summer and it was remarkable how playing the game actually helped me navigate the streets of real-life Venice. I probably wouldn't have found the Arsenale if it wasn't for ACII. Of course, I moved a bit slower than Ezio as I didn't have access to roof tops.

The GolfClub - I thik you and I are the only golf fans in KYC events. Are the golfing mechanics similar to EAs Rory and Tiger games? Or worse?

The Crew - This is a GREAT game. Don't let the absence of DLC content dissuade you, you are actually not missing that much. The Wild dlc is pretty boring with monster trucks, drifting and drag racing events. There's hours and hours of other things to do in the game, well, maybe more than that, as I put in over 100 hours in this one. 

Edited by PerryToxteth
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

A few comments,

ACII - Stick with it. The game holds up pretty well for being 6-7 years old. I played it the PS4 version this summer and it was remarkable how playing the game actually helped me navigate the streets of real-life Venice. I probably wouldn't have found the Arsenale if it wasn't for ACII. Of course, I moved a bit slower than Ezio as I didn't have access to roof tops.

I played the PS4 versions as well (third time I played through the Ezio games) and I think they're definitely aging badly, I'm mostly talking about the AC II combat now. Still a cool game though, and worth it for the Tuscan atmosphere alone.

The GolfClub - I thik you and I are the only golf fans in KYC events. Are the golfing mechanics similar to EAs Rory and Tiger games? Or worse?

I'm not a golf fan but I LOVE Golf Story! Perhaps because it's actually an RPG pretending to do a bit of golf...

Spoiler

2017092814534600-5B12FFF1991C5F076F945A1

The Crew - This is a GREAT game. Don't let the absence of DLC content dissuade you, you are actually not missing that much. The Wild dlc is pretty boring with monster trucks, drifting and drag racing events. There's hours and hours of other things to do in the game, well, maybe more than that, as I put in over 100 hours in this one. 

@Melanogaster1987 The DLC is all stuff that was added later on, The Crew is a pretty complete game without the DLC. I think there's a legend toggle somewhere.

I'm definitely getting the second game, perhaps even day one.

• Like 1