Kill Your Completion - CYOA

31 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wasn't that because the guy narrating them was captured? 

Episode 4 was where I think it fell apart for me. I had my saves not register, and had to replay the entire chapter.. And the collectibles were sometimes a real pain in the ass to collect towards the end. I also hated the ending. A bad ending in a story driven game just about kills it for me. :/ 

Well, if I remember correctly...

Spoiler

The guy only gets catpured at the very end of Episode 3, but the carts not getting any narration already started in the section before that.. It's an odd one.

I don't mind if the ending is bad, Actually I usually find it refreshing when that happens, as long as it makes sense. I intend to wrap up the final episode this upcoming weekend during the trophy hunter league CWC event. If I make it past the first round of the CWC that is :P..

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

Got some minor progress done. I went back to Watch Dogs 2 and got about half the misc trophies out of the way. Furthermore I got one more online trophy done (Hunt and kill 5 bounties), so now I only need to complete 5 Dead-Sec events and a co-op thingy. I'll probably wrap up some more of the misc stuff tonight.

It's becoming more enjoyable the more I play, the world interaction is really well done. While I was looking for someone that was vomiting to take a picture of them (trophy reasons), I happened to be a bystander during an altercation. Basically a guy started making inappropriate remarks towards a woman he was passing by. Another woman came by and started insulting the guy and was all like "Think I can't take you",, shoving the guy continuously and eventually started to kick his butt. One of the best video gaming moments ever, absolutely hilarious.

I also got some more progress done towards Ratchet & Clank, which I pretty much decided to be my 200th plat (still a bit off that mark, but it'll be ready to pop by the time I get there). Essentially I bought all the upgraded weapons, which involved farming about 2.5 million bolts for roughly 30 minutes. The next step will be leveling up the weapons to level 10.

The only thing that seems to take really long is getting the HP up to 200. It's at 140 currently and I'm already at the final third of new game+. Hopefully it's close to maximum by the time the weapons are upgraded.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 3

Been jumping around a lot lately.

3 trophies from the Infamous FL plat. Just basically replaying arenas for points and the last few challenges. Then i use. The skill points from those to buy the last upgrade. Maybe 45 min left. 21/25

I Am Bread. Finished all the bagel races with A++ ranks. Got my first story A++, then tried out zero G. You basically have the standard whole meal bread from story mode, but it has thrusters in the middle and on each corner. By holding a corner you activate that thruster, and then push up, down, left, or right to tell. The thruster which way to fire. You can activate multiple ones at the same time, or individually to position your slice. 

When flying straight ahead it's pretty easy to keep the slice flying good, but if you get turned or flipped it becomes a lot harder to navigate properly. I finished the kitchen, then did it using less than 100 fuel, then did it for A++. I also finished the last miscellaneous trophy, Doughney Hawk. :awesome: I had to stand on the skateboard and ride it doe 1 meter standing the bread on end. I tried for like half an hour, getting the board moving, and flopping back and forth to no avail. Finally i figured out if you hold forward it becomes much easier to balance, and the board keeps moving fast. :facepalm: 24/35

I finished the main story of Egttr last week and meeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh. Won't be going for that plat anytime soon. 2/19

Almost done with the first run of my bonus game Invisible, Inc. It's pretty fun and I'm enjoying it a lot. I've just been balancing it with other stuff since i was in the rare trophy league. 5/23

• Like 4

Finished up Trine 3 a couple of days ago and I have a better understanding of the flak this game received for being short. It's not so much that the game is short but that it was violently cut short. You get a little bit of a story dump in the second last level then the last level is a boss fight with zero story relevance. Then it's just ... nothing, come back for Trine 3: Complete Edition, maybe? Just in time for a re-release on PS5? Oh, there's a bonus level that is just a "cake is a lie" joke. Really? You don't even have portals you silly game! The only way that reference is forgivable is if they release a Complete Edition and it has a portal mechanic. :facepalm:

You just got bumped down to a :silver: Trine 3. Finish your game!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

I finished the main story of Egttr last week and meeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh. Won't be going for that plat anytime soon. 2/19

That kind of sums up my experience from when I played it back during KYC 1(?). Did you also find the ending underwhelming (not to mention the general walking pace)? Kind of curious what your thoughts on it were as most opinions I've heard/read have been positive.

32 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Almost done with the first run of my bonus game Invisible, Inc. It's pretty fun and I'm enjoying it a lot. I've just been balancing it with other stuff since i was in the rare trophy league. 5/23

I am really enjoying Invisible Inc, but I am pretty bad at it. I shouldn't have picked Experienced for my first run. I did rescue 2 agents, so that felt like a big accomplishment. I know I'll never be good enough to get the Platinum, but if I can just finish this first Experienced playthrough, by my calculations that trophy will be my rarest to date.

9 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Got some minor progress done. I went back to Watch Dogs 2 and got about half the misc trophies out of the way. Furthermore I got one more online trophy done (Hunt and kill 5 bounties), so now I only need to complete 5 Dead-Sec events and a co-op thingy. I'll probably wrap up some more of the misc stuff tonight.

It's becoming more enjoyable the more I play, the world interaction is really well done. While I was looking for someone that was vomiting to take a picture of them (trophy reasons), I happened to be a bystander during an altercation. Basically a guy started making inappropriate remarks towards a woman he was passing by. Another woman came by and started insulting the guy and was all like "Think I can't take you",, shoving the guy continuously and eventually started to kick his butt. One of the best video gaming moments ever, absolutely hilarious.

I also got some more progress done towards Ratchet & Clank, which I pretty much decided to be my 200th plat (still a bit off that mark, but it'll be ready to pop by the time I get there). Essentially I bought all the upgraded weapons, which involved farming about 2.5 million bolts for roughly 30 minutes. The next step will be leveling up the weapons to level 10.

The only thing that seems to take really long is getting the HP up to 200. It's at 140 currently and I'm already at the final third of new game+. Hopefully it's close to maximum by the time the weapons are upgraded.

Watch Dogs 1 was pretty good with world interaction, but it sounds like WD2 might be even better. Nice.

I ended up having to do 3 playthroughs of R&C, but since I love that series, I enjoyed it. I missed the "get all enemies to dance to the Groovitron" trophy on my first Challenge Mode run because of the unique enemies at the beginning of the game. But I didn't end up leveling up all the weapons until halfway through my 2nd Challenge Mode run anyway. I'm not sure how people are managing it with just one CM run. I am a R&C vet (never played the PS2 versions but played them all on PS3), so I know to switch weapons when one gets maxed out. So it's not like I was wasting my weapons leveling. Anyway, good luck.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

19 minutes ago, mking_63 said:

Finished up Trine 3 a couple of days ago and I have a better understanding of the flak this game received for being short. It's not so much that the game is short but that it was violently cut short. You get a little bit of a story dump in the second last level then the last level is a boss fight with zero story relevance. Then it's just ... nothing, come back for Trine 3: Complete Edition, maybe? Just in time for a re-release on PS5? Oh, there's a bonus level that is just a "cake is a lie" joke. Really? You don't even have portals you silly game! The only way that reference is forgivable is if they release a Complete Edition and it has a portal mechanic. :facepalm:

You just got bumped down to a :silver: Trine 3. Finish your game!

Trine 3 was cut short, because the devs literally ran out of money during the development process. Essentially they were too ambitious and didn't consider the costs it would have to implement their "vision". It's not an excuse, just some background info for all that's worth. I'd consider the likelihood of there being a continuation of the franchise pretty slim overall. They were thinking about it, considering the ending 3 had, but they basically made no money from that game and kickstarting again probably wouldn't go well.

13 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I ended up having to do 3 playthroughs of R&C, but since I love that series, I enjoyed it. I missed the "get all enemies to dance to the Groovitron" trophy on my first Challenge Mode run because of the unique enemies at the beginning of the game. But I didn't end up leveling up all the weapons until halfway through my 2nd Challenge Mode run anyway. I'm not sure how people are managing it with just one CM run. I am a R&C vet (never played the PS2 versions but played them all on PS3), so I know to switch weapons when one gets maxed out. So it's not like I was wasting my weapons leveling. Anyway, good luck.

You can reset enemies by changing difficulty. This puts you back at a previous checkpoint,but it doesn't reset your progress for HP and weapon experience. By now I almost upgraded the weapons (am missing maybe 6 or so, that are all at level 9 already). I'm pretty sure that that also works with previous titles of the series. Essentially get to a room with a lot of enemies, kill all of them and change difficulty, then just repeat ad nauseam.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

You can reset enemies by changing difficulty. This puts you back at a previous checkpoint,but it doesn't reset your progress for HP and weapon experience. By now I almost upgraded the weapons (am missing maybe 6 or so, that are all at level 9 already). I'm pretty sure that that also works with previous titles of the series. Essentially get to a room with a lot of enemies, kill all of them and change difficulty, then just repeat ad nauseam.

Nice, I didn't know that. I never had a problem with past games, especially with games that had replayable arenas. This game has more limited amounts of enemies, if you don't use tricks.

2 hours ago, Hemiak said:

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

That kind of sums up my experience from when I played it back during KYC 1(?). Did you also find the ending underwhelming (not to mention the general walking pace)? Kind of curious what your thoughts on it were as most opinions I've heard/read have been positive.

I platted the game. And yes, it looks good and has some nice places to walk through but the pace is so slow that it god boring very quickly. Luckily the guide i followed was very clear which lead to having the plat in the shortest amount of time. But yes, the game is very boring gameplay wise imo

12 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Nice, I didn't know that. I never had a problem with past games, especially with games that had replayable arenas. This game has more limited amounts of enemies, if you don't use tricks.

I had actually forgotten about that workaround myself, until I remembere that I did something similar with Into the Nexus.

10 hours ago, Lars said:

I platted the game. And yes, it looks good and has some nice places to walk through but the pace is so slow that it god boring very quickly. Luckily the guide i followed was very clear which lead to having the plat in the shortest amount of time. But yes, the game is very boring gameplay wise imo

To be fair gameplay-wise there isn't really anything to expect from walking-simulators (I call them as I see them). What should carry them is the story and environment/setting. Rapture started out reasonably well in both departments, but eventually lost itself in the bickering of character relation to one another and doesn't give a conclusion to the story. Some consider that artistic vision where you can make up your own mind about what might have happened, I call it lazy.

So far it's the best of the genre that I've played (would be Ether One if it wasn't a glitchy mess). Only other one I played was Virgina, which was god-awful.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

The story was kind of interesting. Though it's pretty obvious right from the start what happened, the specific events and people's interactions leading up to the end were cool to piece together.

That being said, the complete lack of any actual "gameplay" makes this hard for me to enjoy. I dozed off on several different nights wandering around, then switched games and stayed up another 2 hours. :facepalm:

And yeah, the ending definitely wasn't anything special. I thought walking up the hill and seeing all the wierd things was interesting, but at that point I was pretty much over the story. 2.5 or so more play throughs? Not anytime soon thanks. 

Only other walking Simulator I've played is Datura, and even though that game looks like crap, I still liked it better than EGTTR. It was just plain wierd, and it was interesting to see all the crazy shit in that game. Could have something to do with the fact that you can get through Dat in an hour maybe. :dunno:

------------

Infamous First Light :platinum:

Really fun game. It looks beautiful and controls really well. The story was pretty good, but not outstanding. It felt pretty short, but at the same time they wrapped up the plot nicely, so it didn't actually feel rushed. The arenas were a nice addition, but I would have liked a bit more variation. 

Difficulty : 5/10

Fun: 8.5/10

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

And yeah, the ending definitely wasn't anything special. I thought walking up the hill and seeing all the wierd things was interesting, but at that point I was pretty much over the story. 2.5 or so more play throughs? Not anytime soon thanks. 

Well, that really could be a fun killer, but then again I'm playing through Everybody's Gone to the Rapture for the zillionth time(I will later) so I doubt anything could be as boring as THAT. xD

42 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Infamous First Light :platinum:

Really fun game. It looks beautiful and controls really well. The story was pretty good, but not outstanding. It felt pretty short, but at the same time they wrapped up the plot nicely, so it didn't actually feel rushed. The arenas were a nice addition, but I would have liked a bit more variation. 

Yeah, should look into that. I am never happy about Arena Challenges but if it's short, I can dig it. I platinumed Second Son thrice(don't ask) so it's not like I am new to the insane difficulties of inFAMOUS. ;)

Well, I just recovered my completion by platting République. It ended up being more difficult than I thought as the video guide for collectibles are mediocre at best. Other than that I still really liked the game, even though episodes 4 and 5 are not as good as the previous 3.

My only real gripe was the save system. I had started episode 5 last weekend and exited the game after the cutscene that introduces the objective for the episode. When I started the game up again today, I was in episode 4 and had to pick up half a dozen of collectibles again that I already had wrapped up.

The story is still good, although to get the most info, you'll need to complete the game several times which kind of sucks (that's what youtube is for). Still somewhat disappointed that the game cartridge commentary stopped, as some really interesting games were among the final collectibles. It would have been interesting to hear something about those as well...

So that's another game form the event completed.  For the near future I`'ll be focusing on other games though, so my next update might take a while. I might hop into Destroy All Humans 2 and Watch Dogs 2 once in a while, as those are good games to play during workdays.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Well, I just recovered my completion by platting République. It ended up being more difficult than I thought as the video guide for collectibles are mediocre at best. Other than that I still really liked the game, even though episodes 4 and 5 are not as good as the previous 3.

My only real gripe was the save system. I had started episode 5 last weekend and exited the game after the cutscene that introduces the objective for the episode. When I started the game up again today, I was in episode 4 and had to pick up half a dozen of collectibles again that I already had wrapped up.

The story is still good, although to get the most info, you'll need to complete the game several times which kind of sucks (that's what youtube is for). Still somewhat disappointed that the game cartridge commentary stopped, as some really interesting games were among the final collectibles. It would have been interesting to hear something about those as well...

Well, I'm glad you seemed to enjoy it more than I did. But damn.. You got hit with that save bug, too? They really need to patch that shit. :/ 

I also was disappointed the commentaries stopped. Made finding them more interesting. But then it just became doing it for the trophies..

9 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Well, I'm glad you seemed to enjoy it more than I did. But damn.. You got hit with that save bug, too? They really need to patch that shit. :/ 

I also was disappointed the commentaries stopped. Made finding them more interesting. But then it just became doing it for the trophies..

Yeah, oddly enough it only happened on the last episode. One would have thought that starting a new episode would trigger an auto-save, but I guess not.

7 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Yeah, oddly enough it only happened on the last episode. One would have thought that starting a new episode would trigger an auto-save, but I guess not.

Happened in the same exact spot on my game. I had to repeat the entirety of Episode 4, though. :/ Doesn't help there's a choice to make at the beginning of Episode 5, where you need to quit out and select the opposite one, if you want both trophies.. Was really worried I'd have to do it a third time, but had to take the chance. Or play through the entire game again.. Don't know what causes it, but it saved fine the second time.  

9 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Happened in the same exact spot on my game. I had to repeat the entirety of Episode 4, though. :/ Doesn't help there's a choice to make at the beginning of Episode 5, where you need to quit out and select the opposite one, if you want both trophies.. Was really worried I'd have to do it a third time, but had to take the chance. Or play through the entire game again.. Don't know what causes it, but it saved fine the second time.  

My last save file was from close to the end of episode 4 thankfully. I basically only had to redo the labyrinth. Still was kind of annoying as you also have to rewatch the cutscene of episode 5.

Progress recap (mainly a reminder to myself in regards to what games I still need to get back to)

Spoiler

KYC I

Spoiler

Finished:

1. Far Cry Classic
  2. Crysis
  3. MotoGP 13
  4. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Abandoned:

1. Superstars V8 Racing
  2. Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL
  3. Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires

Pending:

1. Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
  2. One Piece Unlimited World Red
  3. Transistor
  4. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

KYC II

Spoiler

Finished:

1. 101 Ways to Die
  2. Risen 3: Titan Lords - Enhanced Edition
  3. Costume Quest II
  4. Killzone HD
  5. Letter Quest Rmastered
  6. Soulcalibur II HD

Abandoned:

1. Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

Pending:

1. Battle Princess of Arcadias
  2. Need for Speed Rivals
  3. Trine Enchanted Edition

KYC II

Spoiler

Finished:

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1
  2. Wanted: Weapons of Fate

Abandoned:

1. Driveclub
  2. Final Fantasy VII

Pending:

1. Slain: Back from Hell
  2. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum
  3. Assassin's Creed Unity
  4. Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1
  5. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010
  6. Okami HD

KVC IV

Spoiler

Finished:

1. Ride
  2. République

Abandoned:

1. Dead Effect 2
  2. Foul Play

Pending:

1. Destroy All Humans 2
  2. Okage: Shadow King
  3. Apotheon
  4. Ratchet & Clank
  5. Watch Dogs 2

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Game #13: Invisible, Inc.

Lbf80d1.png

Invisible, Inc is a tactical game where you control several agents who go on infiltration missions into enemy bases. Stealth is the main theme of the game, and the odds are against you from the start.

First of all, this game is hard. There is a reason most of the trophies are Ultra Rare. You start with two agents, and you can eventually free 2 more from missions, allowing you to take a maximum of 4 agents into each mission. One word of warning: the agents you rescue will not have weapons or items, and they will not automatically get armed after taking them back to your mobile base (at least on Experienced difficulty). It took me several missions before I acquired a weapon for my 4th agent. In missions you typically face at least 10 guards. More difficult missions have drones and robots.

I started the game on Experienced difficulty to follow a Trophy Guide I found (not here). It's hard on that mode, and I'm not sure how the others are different. I finished the first mission before restarting, because I did not originally take advantage of setting the max rewinds to 99, which comes in handy. I am near the end of my first playthrough and I've had a few missions where I used 10+ rewinds.

A little detail about the game itself: you move your agents around a tiled map, where enemy guards patrol. You and the enemy take turns moving around the map. There is always a goal for each mission, and then once that goal is completed, you have to escape by moving your team to the teleporter (the location of which is not revealed at the beginning of the mission). There are also cameras, safes with money or gear, stations where you can buy upgrades, etc. Most devices in the game can be hacked using "Power", which you can get by using consoles or having passive abilities that create it. Each mission has an alarm level that increases each turn, and adds extra points when you are discovered by the enemy. Every 6 or so alarm levels, the overall level increases by 1, which adds new challenges like extra guards teleporting and devices adding extra "firewalls" (which indicate the levels of hacking required to "capture" a particular device). Your team members have a limited amount of distance they can cover in a turn, although upgrades and items can increase that distance. Cameras and enemies have sight "pie slices" that indicate their visibility. Some enemies are stationary but most of them move around. Later missions ramp up in difficulty, with enemies that have armor and shields, and multiple guards quickly converging on a discovered agent.

The game has a rewind mechanic that lets you move back to the beginning of the previous turn, which is almost a requirement to succeed in this game. There is one trophy for using 0 rewinds on the hardest difficulty. I'm guessing I'll never get that one. Anyway, whatever setting you use (3 rewinds is standard, but the max is 99), that's how many rewinds you get per mission. 99 may seem like overkill, but it probably comes in handy for the final missions on the harder difficulty levels.

One thing I noticed is that the performance suffers sometimes. I was near the end of a mission over the weekend, with lots of guards moving around with shields, and the game was really laggy. This is my only complaint about the game, besides the difficulty sometimes.

I'm really enjoying this game even though I'm not very good at it. Every mission completed (even abusing the rewind mechanic) feels like an accomplishment. I recommend it, especially if you got it free through PS+. I actually bought the game before it became free and of course it's been sitting on my backlog this whole time. Story of my life. Anyway, I like it enough that I don't regret buying it.

I feel pretty much the same way. What day are you in in the story as I don't want to spoil anything. I've played about 6 or 8 hours total at this point. 6/23 trophies. 

I played on beginner to start because the game seemed complicated, and it is. I didn't mess around with the rewinds though, so I've got 5 to work with. I've only used like 2 or 3 max in a mission, but I've gotten to the point where I've just said screw it, retired the agency, and retried the current mission from scratch two or three times. 

I actually did my main objective once, then made it to the elevator, before realizing the "optional" objective wasn't optional. I had to cross almost the entire map to reach what I needed, then realized it was locked behind a dual relay switch door. :facepalm: At alert level 6 already, and with just about everybody pinned down, I just quit out. Even on beginner this game is punishing. 

I think I probably should have worked harder on getting some better programs for Incognita. I also put 4 upgrades on Internationale for that trophy, but didn't really pay much attention to what they were so they're not really a great fit. I also just now learned to use Decker's invisibility with Chameleon Movement, which has helped in a few instances tremendously. 

OH, and the no rewinds trophy is for the 2nd hardest difficulty. There's an expert plus after that. :o Also, I read somewhere that the difficulty trophies only partially stack. So you do need 3 full runs. Part of me is tempted to start over on experienced now that Ive learned a few things. Part of me just wants to finish the game before starting a new one. 

On 8/10/2017 at 4:46 PM, Kevvik said:

Not sure if I'm a fan of the Vita Lego games or not.  The play style of short, quick levels makes for a good fit on the portable setting but it almost felt too easy at times, even for a Lego game. Beating the challenges was straight forward though some repeats were needed for some of the tighter time challenges. Another OK game, not bad but not really good either.

I definitely agree that the Vita versions of LEGO franchises are half the time to plat but sometimes they pull a fast one on you. In the PS3 version of LEGO Batman 2 you just got everything but in the Vita version you have to complete all of the battle challenges which ends with another boss refight. :(

I don't like the Vita versions of LEGO The Hobbit or The LEGO Movie game because if you get killed in a level you have to redo it from scratch.

On 13/08/2017 at 3:48 PM, voodoo_eyes said:

Congrats on recovering! :) 

Compared to you, I still have a long wait to go! 

I platted Period Cube yesterday. I'm glad the game is over, this is one boring VN! (But the trophy pics are so pretty!)

#75 Period Cube

1L097554.png

1. Final Fantasy VII - PS4 (28%)
2. Steins:Gate 0 - PSVita (15%)
3. Arslan - PS4 (30%)
4. Oreshika - PSVita (27%)
5. Digimon Story : Cyber Sleuth - PS4 (2%)
6. Persona 5 - PS4 (7%)
7. Period Cube - PSVita (100%)
8. Final Fantasy Type 0 - PS4
8. Adventures of Mana - PSVIta (100%)
9. Book of potions - PS4 (14%)
10. Final Fantasy XV - PS4 (73%) <- Got the plat, need to finish Ep. Prompto and Gladiolus

Currently working on Persona 5. :D 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Myu said:

Congrats on recovering! :) 

Compared to you, I still have a long wait to go! 

I platted Period Cube yesterday. I'm glad the game is over, this is one boring VN! (But the trophy pics are so pretty!)

#75 Period Cube

1L097554.png

Reveal hidden contents

1. Final Fantasy VII - PS4 (28%)
2. Steins:Gate 0 - PSVita (15%)
3. Arslan - PS4 (30%)
4. Oreshika - PSVita (27%)
5. Digimon Story : Cyber Sleuth - PS4 (2%)
6. Persona 5 - PS4 (7%)
7. Period Cube - PSVita (100%)
8. Final Fantasy Type 0 - PS4
8. Adventures of Mana - PSVIta (100%)
9. Book of potions - PS4 (14%)
10. Final Fantasy XV - PS4 (73%) <- Got the plat, need to finish Ep. Prompto and Gladiolus

Currently working on Persona 5. :D 

Thanks. To be fair, your games are a tad longer, so it'll take a while to get the completion back ;).