PSNOW FAQ thread.

Wavergray

"The minimum speed you need for PSnow is 5Mbps down."

This is false. It's the *suggested* speed, I get barely 4mbps and it works perfectly fine for me. Unless Sony's servers are down, then there's zero costumer support for PS Now. Regular PlayStation support doesn't know, and at best you'll be redirected to a dead forum where you likely started. Happened to me when PS Now wasn't working for months, and the only message I got about an error was that there weren't any servers in my area, which is false. Since I used them before, and eventually again when it magically decided to work again.

I wouldn't suggest anyone sub to PS Now for that reason. If you have an issue, good luck. You're on your own.

It's also worth noting that a credit card isn't needed. Every time I went into PSNow and it asked for my credit card info, I'd just assume it was needed and bail. Turns out, it's only needed if you want the free trial. Other then that, you can just use wallet funds.

I've wanted it for months now but always got scared off. Just found out yesterday that I was wrong lol. Sorry if this is common knowledge but I know a few other people that thought the same way I did.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
34 minutes ago, xAaron91 said:

Looking to find Way of the Samurai 3/4 and I cannot find it on PS Now yet its listed here?

I've found that if your connection isn't great you don't get a full access list (aka some games don't show up). These were both there a few weeks ago (I had them on my list) when I was on last. I'll check again in a bit and update.

1 hour ago, xAaron91 said:

Looking to find Way of the Samurai 3/4 and I cannot find it on PS Now yet its listed here?

This is the NA PlayStation Now list. While other regions list are very similar some games are not on both list.

If you are in a different region I recommend going to your Regional PlayStation Now website and looking at the games list to see if it's there.

Question that's important for someone like me with an obsessive need to get 100% on things:

Do the games include DLC from the originals?

I'd assume yes but I haven't got PSNow yet (clearing the backlog a bit first) and don't want to start games if I can't get 100%, or I'd end up needing to go buy a PS3, the game, and its DLC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Question that's important for someone like me with an obsessive need to get 100% on things:

Do the games include DLC from the originals?

I'd assume yes but I haven't got PSNow yet (clearing the backlog a bit first) and don't want to start games if I can't get 100%, or I'd end up needing to go buy a PS3, the game, and its DLC.

It really depends on the game.  Borderlands has the GOTY edition with the DLC, but Fallout 3 is only the Vanilla game

2 minutes ago, jasondm300 said:

It really depends on the game.  Borderlands has the GOTY edition with the DLC, but Fallout 3 is only the Vanilla game

Really? That's....kinda garbage actually, 'cause it's not like you can then buy the DLC for the PSNow version, so in a way you're locked out of the full game experience if you do it through PSNow.

Ah well.  I'll just avoid games with DLC then. Thanks :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Really? That's....kinda garbage actually, 'cause it's not like you can then buy the DLC for the PSNow version, so in a way you're locked out of the full game experience if you do it through PSNow.

Ah well.  I'll just avoid games with DLC then. Thanks :)

You can move your saves from your local machine to PSNow, and vice versa. I did this to play all of the DLC for Saint's Row 3 and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (and a couple of others that I don't remember).

Edited by starcrunch061

14 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

You can move your saves from your local machine to PSNow, and vice versa. I did this to play all of the DLC for Saint's Row 3 and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (and a couple of others that I don't remember).

How? A year ago I bought ps now and played god of war, unfortunately I wasn't able to finish it. Since you now need a creditcard for ps now, I can't resubscribe because I don't have one. So I'm planning on finishing the game on ps3. So how do I acces my ps now save and transfer it to ps3? As that would save some time as I did the challenges of the gods already and can just use a supercostume for the speedrun trophy.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

30 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

How? A year ago I bought ps now and played god of war, unfortunately I wasn't able to finish it. Since you now need a creditcard for ps now, I can't resubscribe because I don't have one. So I'm planning on finishing the game on ps3. So how do I acces my ps now save and transfer it to ps3? As that would save some time as I did the challenges of the gods already and can just use a supercostume for the speedrun trophy.

Sorry - I wasn't specific enough. I meant that you could move your saves back and forth while subscribed. I always made it a point to move them at the end of my subscription.

5 minutes ago, Klart said:

Faq: can you play psnow on other accounts than the subscribed one?

I don't think so.

18 minutes ago, Klart said:

Faq: can you play psnow on other accounts than the subscribed one?

When I was subscribed you could do that, it worked the same as ps plus, all accounts on my ps4 had access to ps now. This was a year ago though, so maybe it changed.

14 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Sorry - I wasn't specific enough. I meant that you could move your saves back and forth while subscribed. I always made it a point to move them at the end of my subscription.

I was afraid of that, thanks for confirming though.

58 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't own a PS3, or the games I'd be playing.  But if I did, I'd just play them on the console, I wouldn't be playing on PSNow (which is subject to lag) if I could just play the actual game.  So it still kinda takes away from the purpose of paying for PSNow if you can't get access to the full games and would still need to buy the game itself and their DLC in order to play the full game.  I wouldn't mind if we could even pay within the game or something to get access to the DLC, but since that's not even possible afaik then it still seems kinda crappy that it isn't included imo

But whatever, it is what it is. I'll just get a PS3 at some point and buy the games I'm interested in that have DLC that isn't included in PSNow, and end the PSNow subscription earlier than I would've if the DLC was included, since there's less games I care about playing on it.

• Like 1

Just now, Kristycism said:

I don't own a PS3, or the games I'd be playing.  But if I did, I'd just play them on the console, I wouldn't be playing on PSNow (which is subject to lag) if I could just play the actual game.  So it still kinda takes away from the purpose of paying for PSNow if you can't get access to the full games and would still need to buy the game itself and their DLC in order to play the full game.  I wouldn't mind if we could even pay within the game or something to get access to the DLC, but since that's not even possible afaik then it still seems kinda crappy that it isn't included imo

But whatever, it is what it is. I'll just get a PS3 at some point and buy the games I'm interested in that have DLC that isn't included in PSNow, and end the PSNow subscription earlier than I would've if the DLC was included, since there's less games I care about playing on it.

I guess you're right that it's not the same thing. I just mentioned it because sometimes, you can get deals on PS+ (and often times, many of the deals include free weeks and whatnot), which allows you to get access to a game you might not have now. But it's definitely better when you go the other way (i.e. buy a vanilla copy of a game, and then use PSNow to play the DLC).

I too was annoyed that Fallout 3 was the vanilla version (I still have my save files from 2009 for that game).