Payment Problems

xK3NP4CHI

Hi All,

Has anyone else been experiencing payment problems through the playstation store lately as I have been trying to but games through the store but it gives me an error saying that the credit card information is invalid even though I have gone though it like 10 times and its all correct. I have talked to playstation support and they gave me no real answer or solution. The weird thing is that it let me purchase PS+ just fine but when I want to purchase a game, it doesn't like it.

Sounds like your account was locked. You should be able to bypass this by going to amazon and buying a psn code. Uploading the code to psn. At least that is how I have bypassed this issue in the past.

I think the account locks last 24 to 48 hours and restart every time you try to make a purchase.

22 minutes ago, hugglebunn-e said:

Sounds like your account was locked. You should be able to bypass this by going to amazon and buying a psn code. Uploading the code to psn. At least that is how I have bypassed this issue in the past.

I think the account locks last 24 to 48 hours and restart every time you try to make a purchase.

Thanks for letting me know about the purchase reset, playstation support failed to mention that also haha

41 minutes ago, xABathingApe said:

Thanks for letting me know about the purchase reset, playstation support failed to mention that also haha

I had a similar problem and had to use a PSN card.  I haven't gotten anything since but support did say that the issue would be temporary so it should fix itself in a few days

2 hours ago, xABathingApe said:

Hi All,

Has anyone else been experiencing payment problems through the playstation store lately as I have been trying to but games through the store but it gives me an error saying that the credit card information is invalid even though I have gone though it like 10 times and its all correct. I have talked to playstation support and they gave me no real answer or solution. The weird thing is that it let me purchase PS+ just fine but when I want to purchase a game, it doesn't like it.

Had a similar issue couple months ago, credit card works fine to purchase PS+ but refuses to work while trying to purchase games. 3 attempts later account ended up getting locked for 24 hours from making purchases. Same issue re-occurred when I tried a week ago, guess I'll never be able to purchase digital games :hmm:  

@xABathingApe have you changed your address in your bank database? your address in bank database must match the one you provided in your PSN account and the one you provide during your payment with credit card... if the three addresses don't match, then you must make them same and wait for 24-48 hours before you retry.

Other methods to pay (if you are in hurry) you can purchase PS store top-up card and recharge your wallet with it... also you can pay from your PayPal account.

Hope this will help you

3 hours ago, xABathingApe said:

Yeah their support is pretty much useless on all fronts.

But I've had this happen quite a bit in the past. I usually just used digital amazon PSN cards til it resolved itself. Sometimes it took several days. 

I get it periodically, I actually have the problem now, it's been about 3days and I still can't use my credit card/debit card or PayPal(which is linked to my debit)

I think what triggers it is several purchases in a short time period, I bought cod points 3 separate times within about 30minutes of eachother, now I'm locked, I guess they don't want my money, go figure!

6 hours ago, xABathingApe said:

Hi All,

I had the same problem last night. But I didn't buy anything for about a month, and I know I have some cash in my account so I don't know what the deal is.

This happened to me a few months ago. Sony has locked your account for security reasons. Maybe someone tried hacking your account or to many purchases have been made in a short space of time.

All you got to do is wait 24 hours from the LAST time you tried to buy something and it should be fixed. Don't keep trying to buy something otherwise your account will continue to be locked. There is no other way of fixing this problem so don't bother deleting your payment methods then adding them again because that wont work. Just wait 24hrs, that's it.

Once your account is back to normal i suggest your change your password. 

D00M3D_UK_.png

1 hour ago, D00M3D_UK_ said:

This happened to me a few months ago. Sony has locked your account for security reasons. Maybe someone tried hacking your account or to many purchases have been made in a short space of time.

All you got to do is wait 24 hours from the LAST time you tried to buy something and it should be fixed. Don't keep trying to buy something otherwise your account will continue to be locked. There is no other way of fixing this problem so don't bother deleting your payment methods then adding them again because that wont work. Just wait 24hrs, that's it.

I guess I'll have to make a Paypal then.

3 hours ago, D00M3D_UK_ said:

I have waited the 24 hours as the problem occurred waaaaay before i made the post so I guess I'll wait another 48 hours and see if that does anything. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 9:36 PM, Property_Damage said:

I get it periodically, I actually have the problem now, it's been about 3days and I still can't use my credit card/debit card or PayPal(which is linked to my debit)

I think what triggers it is several purchases in a short time period, I bought cod points 3 separate times within about 30minutes of eachother, now I'm locked, I guess they don't want my money, go figure!

We noticed this applies to PSN Wallet fund cards / codes as well. It also seems to tie to your IP address. Both me and hubby added PSN funds to our accounts from the same IP a few minutes apart and I was blocked from adding the funds. Don't remember what error was displayed, but got it solved by waiting a bit longer before adding the funds.